March 28, 2024, 02:37:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin #8 7/11/13-7/15/13  (Read 381467 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: July 14, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Tuesday, May 29, 2012
More Than a Bag of Skittles - Trayvon Martin and Purple Drank

<snipped.

Purple Drank or Lean is a cocktail that is created by mixing Robitussin or other over-the-counter cough medicines with, you guessed it, Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Juice, the flavor of tea Trayvon Martin was carrying that night.

Purple Drank also goes by other street names such as sizzurp, lean, syrup, sip sip, drank, barre, purple jelly and Texas tea.  It has opiate like effects.  Some of its side effects include confusion, agitation, and hallucinations among others.

<snipped>

http://thekansascitian.blogspot.ca/2012/05/more-than-bag-of-skittles-trayvon.html

Zimmerman's Brother Calls Trayvon Martin a Gun-Running Dope Fiend
July 14, 2013

George Zimmerman's brother, Robert, appeared on CNN this evening to discuss with Piers Morgan what the Zimmerman family has gone through after George Zimmerman killed (but did not murder) 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

"I want to know if it's true, and I don't know if it's true, that Trayvon Martin was looking to procure firearms, or growing marijuana, or looking to make lean," he told Piers Morgan and Don Lemon.

<snipped>

http://gawker.com/zimmermans-brother-calls-trayvon-martin-a-gun-running-774157551

http://www.freenewspos.com/english/video/CNN/GY-CtlJnpNA

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: July 14, 2013, 10:31:01 AM »

Robert Zimmerman Jr - Exclusive Interview With Piers Morgan
Published on 13 Jul 2013

Following the Not Guilty verdict in the trial of George Zimmerman, his brother Robert Zimmerman Jr sat down for an exclusive interview with Piers Morgan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ePcLS5f7jw

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: July 14, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »

There is one thing that no one has touched yet with regards to what was learned from this case, especially when it comes to the jury and jury deliberations. It was actually a biggy.

We are always told that Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. The theory behind that is men are ruled by facts and women from emotion. The rule of thumb of every legal pundit is that the 6 female jurors were going to act like mom's and emotion would take precedent. When the prosecution gave their closing arguments it was 100% based on emotion, not fact, not evidence, not anything.

I think they thought they could get away with this in presenting their non-factual case and just sympathies to the female jury.

Boy they could not have been  any more wrong. I always thought it was rather demeaning for all the pundits saying that the women could not be objective.

This is going to change how juries are profiled for years to come.

A few sayings come to mind...
"Never underestimate the power of a woman"

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

I totally agree... the prosecution counted on tugging at those female jurors heartstrings....

Yes, they completely misread the jury and to use a term that the prosecution liked to use so much during the trial ... they profiled to female jurors.

Boy did they get it wrong. Imagine that America and legal eagles, women can be emotional and factual, depending on the circumstances. What a novel concept. 
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: July 14, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »

There is one thing that no one has touched yet with regards to what was learned from this case, especially when it comes to the jury and jury deliberations. It was actually a biggy.

We are always told that Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. The theory behind that is men are ruled by facts and women from emotion. The rule of thumb of every legal pundit is that the 6 female jurors were going to act like mom's and emotion would take precedent. When the prosecution gave their closing arguments it was 100% based on emotion, not fact, not evidence, not anything.

I think they thought they could get away with this in presenting their non-factual case and just sympathies to the female jury.

Boy they could not have been  any more wrong. I always thought it was rather demeaning for all the pundits saying that the women could not be objective.

This is going to change how juries are profiled for years to come.

A few sayings come to mind...
"Never underestimate the power of a woman"

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

I totally agree... the prosecution counted on tugging at those female jurors heartstrings....

Yes, they completely misread the jury and to use a term that the prosecution liked to use so much during the trial ... they profiled to female jurors.

Boy did they get it wrong. Imagine that America and legal eagles, women can be emotional and factual, depending on the circumstances. What a novel concept. 

Great point!  Boy, did they get it wrong...and instead of being used as a civil rights case...it will be used to review how they select a jury...among many other things of course.  But that really is big.  I'm glad you brought it up. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #844 on: July 14, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »

I recall being told for decades that if someone is following you, call the police.  Prior to the mobile/cell phone, the advise was to walk toward a safe place, people, or run up to a house with the lights on and ask for help. 
Never, never, confront your 'follower' by yourself - that's what the police are for.

I think there are some unanswered questions for the police department.  Do they follow-up when citizens complain about suspicious persons?  Burglaries?  Are they trying to pretend crime doesn't exist?  Does a community start a neighborhood watch because they feel safe?  The police are capable of preventing crime?

Do the police ever catch people breaking into homes?  How are calls handled when someone calls to say a neighbors home has just been broken into?  Do they actively look for those responsible for burglaries? 

Do they catch people responsible for burglaries?  What do they do?  If the person is under 18, do they handle it locally?  Do they circumvent the court system?  Try to keep convictions down?

I didn't follow the case in the media due to the racial overtones.  I did pay attention to the trial and the evidence.

Maybe people should be concerned when their children carry around skittles and watermelon beverages.  A new sign of drug addiction?  I think there is a lot of denial in families everywhere.

When I was young, parents did let their children roam the streets after dark.  Didn't seem fair at the time, and being a young invincible, it seemed like a stupid rule. 

My parents would have said something like "Why do you need Skittle and a sugar filled beverage before you go to bed?  Are you crazy?  Didn't you get enough to eat at dinner?  It's past your bedtime, you have school tomorrow, go get a glass of milk or water."

In my lifetime, I've known several who've lived through 'transitional' neighborhoods.  What changes?  Kids start roaming the streets at all hours of the night, they vandalize property, cars, get in fights, urinate in yards, have sex between the houses, and the parents tell them "f### off" when they are advised their 'children' are out roaming around after dark. 

The police only come after a crime has been committed.  There is a reason folks start a neighborhood watch. 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #845 on: July 14, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »

The other thing that comes to mind "One witness is no witness."

I believe there is another witness to the Martin phone call with friend Rachel Jeantel, the US government.

With all the spying, the NSA / government recording our calls...

Why not peek, just this one time and find out what Martin really discussed with his friend that night?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: July 14, 2013, 12:33:43 PM »

George Zimmerman may have been rendered not guilty by the jury but ... nevertheless there should be a special investigation into the attempt by the State/Prosecution/Judiciary to withhold evidence that would have revealed that on that fateful night Trayvon Martin was not an innocent child returning home following a purchase of candy as deceptively portrayed.

Janet

++++

Whistle-blowing state official fired after testimony in Zimmerman trial
Published July 14, 2013

The special prosecutor appointed to the George Zimmerman case has sacked a whistle-blowing colleague who testified at the trial that the state attorney’s office failed to comply with the rules of discovery.

Ben Kruidbos, the state attorney’s office IT director, was reportedly fired in the wake of rendering testimony during a June 6 hearing that was potentially damaging to the prosecution regarding cell phone photos and text messages discovered on Trayvon Martin’s phone that were not  furnished to defense attorneys.

<snipped>

The cell phone photos reportedly depict, among other things, a clump of jewelry on a bed, underage nude females, marijuana plants, as well as a hand menacingly holding a semiautomatic pistol.

Zimmerman's attorneys were reportedly seeking sanctions against the state for not properly turning over the evidence from Martin's phone. Judge Debra Nelson said she would revisit the matter at the trial's end.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/14/whistle-blowing-state-official-fired-after-testimony-in-zimmerman-trial/?intcmp=trending

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: July 14, 2013, 12:35:30 PM »

Hi WhiskeyGirl!!

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: July 14, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »

Press Conference With Defense (Mark O’Mara, Don West), Prosecution (Bernie De la Rionda, John Guy) and State Attorney Angela Corey (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/14/press-conference-with-defense-mark-omara-don-west-prosecution-bernie-de-la-rionda-john-guy-and-state-attorney-angela-corey-video/

It is really worth watching the post verdict presser videos of the defense and prosecution. Very telling.

The Defense is very matter of fact and they had the facts on their side. Called the prosecution of disgrace and thanked the jury for not turning a tragedy into a travesty. That is probably one of the best descriptions of the case. Because not matter what side anyone was on, we can all say that it is a tragedy when a teen dies, no matter if they had a part in it or not. But we should also be able to say that it could have been a travesty of justice if GZ was convicted because the FL law says he did nothing wrong. That is the fact. We are supposed to be a country ruled by law, or at least we used to be. Last night the jury in the George Zimmerman case returned us to that ideal.

The State in the videos are still in denial as to the fact that they charged Zimmerman with murder and that they actually put on a good case.

Had the Zimmerman team defended him like the prosecution presented the case against GZ, he could have appealed on the grounds of ineffective and incompetent representation.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: July 14, 2013, 01:27:33 PM »

The other thing that comes to mind "One witness is no witness."

I believe there is another witness to the Martin phone call with friend Rachel Jeantel, the US government.

With all the spying, the NSA / government recording our calls...

Why not peek, just this one time and find out what Martin really discussed with his friend that night?

That would be against The Constitution   
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: July 14, 2013, 01:35:31 PM »

Although No Riots in Sanford, FL after Zimmerman Verdict of ‘Not Guilty’ … About 125 People Riot in Oakland, CA Breaking Windows, Burning Flags & Defacing A Police Car With “Kill Pigs”

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/14/although-no-riots-in-sanford-fl-after-zimmerman-verdict-of-not-guilty-about-125-people-riot-in-oakland-ca-breaking-windows-burning-flags-defacing-a-police-car-with-kill-pigs/

Nothing says honoring the memory of Trayvon Martin like vandalizing a police care and wring “Kill Pigs” on it … This is what happens when so-called Civil Rights leaders gin up emotions and holler “no justice, no peace” and a willing liberal media supports the agenda.

Twitcy with great tweets and pics as well.
http://twitchy.com/2013/07/14/kill-pigs-anti-cop-vandals-in-oakland-riot-smash-windows-burn-flags-over-zimmerman-verdict-photosvideo/
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: July 14, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »

These people do not care about any of the local young men murdered but 1000 miles away means something. Chicago idiots and the Occupy fools The real fn punks and Aholes.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/samwiseoccupies?utm_campaign=ustre-am&utm_source=10881934&utm_medium=social
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: July 14, 2013, 03:44:29 PM »

When common sense prevails.

Janet

+++++++

Norfolk NAACP president under fire for Facebook post
July 13, 2013

NORFOLK

A Facebook post by the president of the Norfolk NAACP about the George Zimmerman trial has sparked criticism.

According to an image of the post shown on WAVY-TV, Tristan Breaux, 25, wrote, "I wonder why is it that we are always willing to say someone who clearly had a shaky past, was the victim. Are we blinded about why Trayvon was at his dad's house in the first place, and why he wasn't at home at the time he was shot? Please think logically and not racially."

Several local NAACP members asked Breaux to take the post down, and he initially refused, said Jeffrey Logan, a former member of the local chapter's executive committee.

The post went up last week. Breaux's Facebook page is no longer visible.

"With a sensitive issue like this, for an NAACP president to post that - it's not a good thing," said former Norfolk NAACP President Bob Rawls.

Logan and Rawls said Breaux should resign his position.

Members of the branch's executive committee said they have no plans to seek his removal.

<snipped>

Read more:
http://hamptonroads.com/2013/07/norfolk-naacp-president-under-fire-facebook-post

When above Facebook comment of Tristan Breaux ... president of the Norfolk NAACP ... is consider ... it would would appear that Benjamin Todd is not speaking on behalf of of all of NAACP membership with his request to involved the Obama administration..

Janet

++++++

NAACP asking Obama administration to pursue civil case against Zimmerman
Published July 14, 2013

The NAACP is asking the Justice Department to open a civil rights case against George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch captain acquitted Saturday night by a jury in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous started the drive by posting a petition Sunday morning on the website MoveOn.org that is addressed to Attorney General Eric Holder

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/14/naacp-asking-obama-administration-to-pursue-zimmerman-civil-case/

_____

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: July 14, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »

Same as was said about Casey Anthony;

Would you let him babysit your children?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: July 14, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »

Demonstrators across America rally after Zimmerman 'not guilty' verdict, amid some reports of vandalism
Published July 14, 2013

Demonstrators from coast-to-coast boisterously -- yet for the most part peacefully -- rallied Saturday night and into Sunday afternoon in protest of a long-awaited verdict that acquitted Floridian George Zimmerman in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

But sporadic reports of vandalism trickled out of West Coast cities like Oakland, including the halt of a passenger train, the burning of American and California flags, the lighting of small fires in city roadways, shattered storefront windows and the spray painting of a courthouse, as well as the damaging of a police squad car. Protesters massed there Saturday evening just after the verdict was rendered by a six-person, all-female jury around 10 p.m. ET.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/14/george-zimmerman-acquitted-murder-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-death/

_____

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: July 14, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »

I will not comment or I will be banned.

Obama Responds to Zimmerman Verdict: 'Stem the Tide of Gun Violence'--For Trayvon

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/14/Obama-Responds-to-Zimmerman-Verdict-Stem-the-Tide-of-Gun-Violence
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: July 14, 2013, 04:42:50 PM »

Proof that the homeless will do anything for a sandwich

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/samwiseoccupies?utm_campaign=ustre-am&utm_source=10881934&utm_medium=social
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: July 14, 2013, 04:47:43 PM »

From last year but true today;

.Rally In Akron, Mississppi For Trayvon Martin .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sL2f0PoqME
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #858 on: July 14, 2013, 05:02:32 PM »

I will not comment or I will be banned.

Obama Responds to Zimmerman Verdict: 'Stem the Tide of Gun Violence'--For Trayvon

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/14/Obama-Responds-to-Zimmerman-Verdict-Stem-the-Tide-of-Gun-Violence

I will ...

President Barack Obama Calls Death of Trayvon Martin a Tragedy, Then Says, “We are a Nation of Laws, and a Jury has Spoken.”

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/14/president-barack-obama-calls-death-of-trayvon-martin-a-tragedy-then-says-we-are-a-nation-of-laws-and-a-jury-has-spoken/

THE DIVIDER IN CHIEF: President Obama says we are a nation of laws and the jury has spoken, yet then disregards the juries verdict that George Zimmerman used a gun in self defense.

President Barack Obama makes his first statement following the juries verdict of “NOT GUILTY” in the murder trial of George Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin. Barack Obama called for calm reflection following the acquittal of George Zimmerman. Obama also went on to say, “we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken.” Hmm. Usually, those are only the laws that he wishes to enforce. Is such calls for calm a little too late as its difficult to put the genie back in the bottle. Obama’s call for calm, however, has already been inflamed by his previous comments when he decided to get involved in an investigation by making his comment, ”that if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon.” Such comments further brought pressure to bear to prosecute George Zimmerman.

Hmm ... so its not a tragedy what goes on in Chicago every day, eh? So does Obama think that is not a tragedy as well? I have news for the president, self-defense within the law and the use of a gun is not gun violence. Either this president respects what the jury said, or he doesn't. You don't get it both ways.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: July 14, 2013, 05:38:19 PM »

If we want to bring race into things...and find the injustice...what about my high school friends grandparents that were killed...brutally (Tulsa, OK-3/2012).  They were in their 90s...white...the killers were black...well we know one was--all suspected to be...he was caught and death was taken off of the table because of his intellectual ability (even though he was able to follow through with this plan).  He attacked them both...tortured them...raped her...it was just awful.  Where is the media coverage to find the others involved?  Where is the media coverage to demand death?  Where are the civil rights people?  I'm about sick of racism.  Poor me...really...keeping racism alive has its payoffs for some.  I'm not saying true racism does not exist...because it does.  But this case was not it.  They wanted it to be.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.