March 28, 2024, 05:39:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin #8 7/11/13-7/15/13  (Read 381480 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: July 15, 2013, 10:03:43 AM »

As Justice pursues civil rights probe against Zimmerman, FBI documents show no evidence of bias
Published July 15, 2013

The Justice Department has responded to appeals to probe whether George Zimmerman committed any civil rights violations in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin -- but previously filed FBI documents are already challenging the narrative that the shooting was racially motivated.

Sanford police detective Chris Serino told FBI agents last year that after examining the case, it appeared Zimmerman was suspicious of Martin because of his "attire, the total circumstances of the encounter and the previous burglary suspects in the community."

According to the document, Serino considered Zimmerman as having "a little hero complex, but not as a racist."

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/15/as-justice-pursues-civil-rights-case-against-zimmerman-fbi-documents-show-no/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: July 15, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »

BOOM! Alan Dershowitz says DOJ SHOULD investigate civil rights violations…of George Zimmerman by Angela Corey
July 14th, 2013

http://therightscoop.com/boom-alan-dershowitz-says-doj-should-investigate-civil-rights-violations-of-george-zimmerman-by-angela-corey/

Good! I hope he jumps on the band wagon nd helps out

What band wagon?  For the most part ... the PC silence from those who are in a position to make a difference is deafening.  Why are there are not peaceful celebrations en masse from the Hispanic community ... from Americans who are thankful justice prevailed for GZ in spite the scales not balancing?

Janet

Maybe he can start the wagon rolling then. I hope so

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #902 on: July 15, 2013, 10:23:38 AM »

Tucker Carlson Says Al Sharpton And Jesse Jackson Are “Hustlers And Pimps Who Make A Living Off Inflaming Racial Tensions” During Interview with Geraldo Rivera (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/15/tucker-carlson-says-al-sharpton-and-jesse-jackson-are-hustlers-and-pimps-who-make-a-living-off-inflaming-racial-tensions-during-interview-with-geraldo-rivera-video/

Geraldo did not want to get into that debate, but conceded and made a powerful and honest comment … “you had 11 black kids killed last weekend in Chicago and 40 odd wounded. Where was the Reverend Sharpton? Where was the Reverend Jackson. That is the real civil rights crisis in urban American today. It is the gun violence run ramped. Black on black crime … What happens here is they went back to the old stereo-type black kid killed by cop, there is where the outrage is. And it is almost irresponsible …”

I think h--- has frozen over.  Geraldo and I have had a meeting of the minds TWICE this past week.  Believe me ... it these meetings are few and far between.

Janet

++++

Geraldo Rivera: Jury would have shot Trayvon ‘a lot sooner than George Zimmerman
July 12, 2013

Fox News host Geraldo Rivera on Friday asserted that prosecutors in Florida had been pressured by MSNBC host Al Sharpton and “race politics” to bring a weak case against former neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman for the murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. .....

“This was a case brought because of political pressure — race politics in this country,” the Fox News host opined. “I hate to say it. I hold the Rev. Al Sharpton in much higher regard than many of my colleagues… But I strongly believe that the Rev. Al is the catalyst behind murder two charge six weeks after the incident.”

“I believe the original prosecutor got it right,” he continued. “I think it is a self-defense situation, a classic self defense when you strip it of all of the trappings.”

<snipped>

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/12/geraldo-rivera-jury-would-have-shot-trayvon-a-lot-sooner-than-george-zimmerman/

Hey sharpton, jackson, obama! Wheres the statement & the concern for autumn pasquale or channon christian & chris newsom just to name a few? Dont care too much about black on white crime tho do u? Wheres the outrage over the 12 year old white girl?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: July 15, 2013, 10:30:52 AM »

I could be wrong but it appears NONE of the major media network ... not even FOX ... is reporting on this lawsuit.

Janet

+++++

Zimmerman lawyer to move ‘asap’ against NBC News
Published: July 14 at 12:15 pm

Last night’s not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial will enable the neighborhood-watch volunteer to resume his case against NBC News for the mis-editing of his widely distributed call to police. Back in December, Zimmerman sued NBC Universal Media for defamation over the botched editing, which depicted him as a hardened racial profiler.

Here’s how NBC News, in a March 27, 2012, broadcast of the “Today” show, abridged the tape of Zimmerman’s comments to a police dispatcher on the evening of Feb. 26, 2012:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

<snipped>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/07/14/zimmerman-lawyer-to-move-asap-against-nbc-news/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: July 15, 2013, 10:36:33 AM »

Hey sharpton, jackson, obama! Wheres the statement & the concern for autumn pasquale or channon christian & chris newsom just to name a few? Dont care too much about black on white crime tho do u? Wheres the outrage over the 12 year old white girl?

Tucker Carlson Says Al Sharpton And Jesse Jackson Are “Hustlers And Pimps Who Make A Living Off Inflaming Racial Tensions” During Interview with Geraldo Rivera (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/15/tucker-carlson-says-al-sharpton-and-jesse-jackson-are-hustlers-and-pimps-who-make-a-living-off-inflaming-racial-tensions-during-interview-with-geraldo-rivera-video/

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: July 15, 2013, 11:05:27 AM »

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Dershowitz-Zimmerman-Prosecutorial-Misconduct/2013/07/14/id/514957

Dershowitz to Newsmax: 'Prosecutorial Tyrant' Violated Zimmerman's Rights
Sunday, 14 Jul 2013 05:21 PM
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: July 15, 2013, 11:12:57 AM »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/15/could-fbi-interviews-snuff-doj-civil-rights-case-against-zimmerman/

Two Things That Could Prevent the DOJ from Bringing Civil Rights Case Against Zimmerman
Jul. 15, 2013 9:15am

As the Department of Justice is looking into whether criminal civil rights charges could be brought against George Zimmerman, who was acquitted over the weekend from second-degree murder charges in the death of Trayvon Martin, some are pointing to interviews by the FBI that could thwart such a case accusing Zimmerman of racial profiling. Additionally, Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz has another bit of information that could also thwart the civil rights action.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: July 15, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/al-sharpton-travyon-martin-george-zimmerman-94149.html

Al Sharpton plans George Zimmerman protests
7/15/13 8:30 AM EDT

The Rev. Al Sharpton is calling for a “Justice for Trayvon National Day of Action” on Saturday and say demonstrations are planned in more than 100 cities nationwide.

Saying there would not have been a trial in Florida without pressure from activists, Sharpton was confident that continued pressure would result in a federal civil rights case.

Sharpton said his National Action Network intends to keep the pressure on until a civil rights case is brought, insisting the protests will show the national anger over the verdict is not a “two- or three-day” thing.

“It’s not over. And we are going to make sure it’s not over, that’s why we’re calling people to … organize in your city. I don’t care if it’s 20 people, we want to show the nation that over 100 cities a week later is still demanding justice. We’re not having a fit, we’re having a movement,” Sharpton said.

The event will also help begin a four-week countdown to the 50th anniversary event for the March on Washington on August 24, which will include Martin Luther King III, and which Sharpton said will be centered on Trayvon Martin and the Voting Rights Act.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: July 15, 2013, 11:34:35 AM »

July 15, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/marknejame

10S DIVA ‏@SOOTHE_ 3h
@MarkNeJame Does Zim have to take the stand in a Civil Rights trial like he does in a Civil lawsuit?

Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame 1h
@SOOTHE_  If civil suit filed against #GeorgeZimmerman  re #TrayvonMartin death he has no 5th Amend privilege. @cnn @cfnews13
6:49 AM - 15 Jul 13 · Details

10S DIVA ‏@SOOTHE_ 1h
@MarkNeJame @CNN @cfnews13 I was talking the Civil Rights case the DOJ is looking into. Does the same apply?  TY for replying.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: July 15, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/al-sharpton-travyon-martin-george-zimmerman-94149.html

Al Sharpton plans George Zimmerman protests
7/15/13 8:30 AM EDT

The Rev. Al Sharpton is calling for a “Justice for Trayvon National Day of Action” on Saturday and say demonstrations are planned in more than 100 cities nationwide.

Saying there would not have been a trial in Florida without pressure from activists, Sharpton was confident that continued pressure would result in a federal civil rights case.

Sharpton said his National Action Network intends to keep the pressure on until a civil rights case is brought, insisting the protests will show the national anger over the verdict is not a “two- or three-day” thing.

“It’s not over. And we are going to make sure it’s not over, that’s why we’re calling people to … organize in your city. I don’t care if it’s 20 people, we want to show the nation that over 100 cities a week later is still demanding justice. We’re not having a fit, we’re having a movement,” Sharpton said.

The event will also help begin a four-week countdown to the 50th anniversary event for the March on Washington on August 24, which will include Martin Luther King III, and which Sharpton said will be centered on Trayvon Martin and the Voting Rights Act.

Tucker Carlson: Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton are ‘hustlers and pimps’
Sunday, July 14, 2013 13:20 EDT

Carlson said that he felt “terrible” for the Martin family, but he was “positive that people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton do not deserve to be called civil rights leaders. They are not.”

“They are hustlers and pimps who make a living off inflaming racial tensions,” he continued. “They know nothing about this. They’re not residents of Florida, they don’t represent anybody, they’re not elected to anything, they don’t have constituencies. And they only reason they are allowed to do this is because we in the press enable them by calling them civil rights leaders. Why do we do that?”

<snipped>

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/14/tucker-carlson-jessie-jackson-al-sharpton-are-hustlers-and-pimps/

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: July 15, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/next-up-florida-v-shellie-zimmerman/

Next up: Florida v. Shellie Zimmerman
 Posted by William A. Jacobson    Monday, July 15, 2013 at 11:19am

Forgotten in the publicity surrounding the jury verdict in the case against George Zimmerman is that a perjury charge against his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, remains active.

According to the State Court docket, the case is scheduled for trial August 21.  I have calls in to the prosecutors and defense counsel to confirm this.

The Judge on the case is Marlene M. Alva.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: July 15, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »

Allen West: Where was NAACP and media when two black teenagers shot a white baby in the face?
Posted by The Right Scoop The Right Scoop on July 15th, 2013

Allen West accused the NAACP and other race-baiters of cherry picking cases for a political agenda, pointing out that they’ve been silent on two horrible cases where a white family was savagely murdered and a white baby shot in the face by two black teenagers.

Video:

http://therightscoop.com/allen-west-where-was-naacp-and-media-when-two-black-teenagers-shot-a-white-baby-in-the-face/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: July 15, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »

July 15, 2013 Tweets

Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame 15m
Despite many hopes there won't be any federal charges against #GeorgeZimmerman for killing #TrayvonMartin FBI has reviewed @cnn @cfnews13
8:51 AM - 15 Jul 13 · Details

Lily Queen Bee ‏@gigglemebee 3m
@MarkNeJame Is this official? @CNN @cfnews13

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: July 15, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »

July 15, 2013 Tweets

Cory Emmons ‏@CoryEmmons 1h
@MarkNeJame...appreciate your views. Any repercussions for Florida Atty office? #ZimmermanTrial

Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame 12m
@CoryEmmons Very political so who knows although all info not yet in. Reviews  and spanking they r receiving well deserved. @cnn @cfnews13
8:55 AM - 15 Jul 13 · Details

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #914 on: July 15, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »

Forgotten in the publicity surrounding the jury verdict in the case against George Zimmerman is that a perjury charge against his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, remains active.

According to the State Court docket, the case is scheduled for trial August 21[/color].  I have calls in to the prosecutors and defense counsel to confirm this.

Thank-you, Grace-land  Wednesday, August 21,2013!  I am dense like chocolate so I need to write every detail to remember. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: July 15, 2013, 12:33:35 PM »

According to the State Court docket, the case is scheduled for trial August 21[/color].  I have calls in to the prosecutors and defense counsel to confirm this.

Thank-you, Grace-land  Wednesday, August 21,2013!  I am dense like chocolate so I need to write every detail to remember. 

You're welcome, seahorse.  I try to jot it down on my calendar when I follow various cases.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: July 15, 2013, 12:35:34 PM »

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Dershowitz-Zimmerman-Prosecutorial-Misconduct/2013/07/14/id/514957

Thanks Grace.

Defense attorneys from the left and right of the political spectrum should be concerned about the prosecution of GZ.

Janet

+++++

Sunday, 14 Jul 2013

Famed defense lawyer and Harvard law professor Alan M. Dershowitz is calling for a federal investigation into civil rights violations stemming from the George Zimmerman case — but he says the probe should focus on prosecutorial misconduct rather than on allegations of racial profiling and bias.

Immediately after the verdict was announced, however, the NAACP and outspoken activist Al Sharpton called on the Justice Department to launch a federal civil-rights probe, charging that the case had been racially tainted.

Dershowitz is calling for a civil-rights probe as well. But he contends the person whose rights were violated was Zimmerman.

“I think there were violations of civil rights and civil liberties — by the prosecutor,” said the criminal-law expert. “The prosecutor sent this case to a judge, and willfully, deliberately, and in my view criminally withheld exculpatory evidence.”

Read more:

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: July 15, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »

July 15, 2013 Tweets

https://twitter.com/KBelichWFTV

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  1h 
VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: #Zimmerman defense attorney @markomaralaw discusses verdict w/@WFTV: http://at.wftv.com/18gDZ3v  #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  3h 
Charges still possible in Sanford teen's death (from @AP): http://at.wftv.com/18Y3hpV  #Zimmermanon9 @khightower

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  3h 
Protests held in Sanford following George Zimmerman's acquittal: http://at.wftv.com/12qmYzj  pic.twitter.com/Y3gt5BC5Y8 via @WFTV
View photo

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: July 15, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »

Thanks Grace.

Defense attorneys from the left and right of the political spectrum should be concerned about the prosecution of GZ.

Janet

+++++

Sunday, 14 Jul 2013

Famed defense lawyer and Harvard law professor Alan M. Dershowitz is calling for a federal investigation into civil rights violations stemming from the George Zimmerman case — but he says the probe should focus on prosecutorial misconduct rather than on allegations of racial profiling and bias.

Immediately after the verdict was announced, however, the NAACP and outspoken activist Al Sharpton called on the Justice Department to launch a federal civil-rights probe, charging that the case had been racially tainted.

Dershowitz is calling for a civil-rights probe as well. But he contends the person whose rights were violated was Zimmerman.

“I think there were violations of civil rights and civil liberties — by the prosecutor,” said the criminal-law expert. “The prosecutor sent this case to a judge, and willfully, deliberately, and in my view criminally withheld exculpatory evidence.”

Read more:

You're welcome!  It was an interesting, informative article.  imo  I heard his interview on a program today, and he covered some of the information in the article.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: July 15, 2013, 12:54:09 PM »

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/occupy-joins-the-anti-zimmerman-crusade/

#Occupy joins the anti-Zimmerman crusade
Posted by Mandy Nagy    Monday, July 15, 2013 at 7:35am

In the wake of Saturday’s not guilty verdict in the Zimmerman trial, demonstrations to protest the outcome have erupted all across the country, with more scheduled Monday and throughout the week.  Most have been peaceful, others not so much.  We’ve collected a handful of tweets, photos and videos from some of them here.

The @OccupyWallSt Twitter account tweeted a link to a list of Trayvon rallies in towns across the country.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.