March 19, 2024, 12:55:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin - NOT GUILTY #9 7/15/13  (Read 790537 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 11, 2013, 05:18:28 PM »

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:16:17 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:44:40 PM »

New - after the verdict thread.

FYI - tomorrow night don't miss the Dana Pretzer show with guests, Rita Cosby, Pat Brown and Robin Sax all analyzing the Zimmerman verdict along with Dana. 
9pm ET.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:07:11 AM »

Thanks klaas... I will be there and FYI... Ms Genteel did not rivet me !

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 12:17:56 AM »

Short video at the link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zimmermans-parents-hiding-enormous-amount-death-threats-abc/story?id=19670456#.UeTHl74o7IU

Zimmerman's Parents in Hiding from 'Enormous Amount of Death Threats': ABC News Exclusive
July 15, 2013

George Zimmerman immediately went back into hiding after being acquitted of murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, his parents told Barbara Walters in an exclusive interview with ABC News, adding that they haven't seen him since he left the courthouse.

The Zimmermans said that because of "an enormous amount of death threats," they, too, have remained in hiding and still don't feel safe enough to return to their home in Orlando, Fla.

Watch Barbara Walters' exclusive interview on "Nightline" tonight at 12:35 a.m. ET

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 01:01:04 AM »

Yea, she does many things, riveting would never be a word I would use to describe her.

You know the other thing that kills me with this heinous prosecution as I side with them 99% of the time? The fact that I have to listen to Defense atty Jose Baez as a SME like he is the voice of reason.

The prosecutors in the GZ case should take some lessons for Jeff Ashton and  Linda Drane Burdick.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 01:03:08 AM »

Yea, she does many things, riveting would never be a word I would use to describe her.

You know the other thing that kills me with this heinous prosecution as I side with them 99% of the time? The fact that I have to listen to Defense atty Jose Baez as a SME like he is the voice of reason.

The prosecutors in the GZ case should take some lessons for Jeff Ashton and  Linda Drane Burdick.

Agreed... who would have ever thought we would think anything Jose had to say was logical???
I am still over here fuming about Ms Cory's remark tonight...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 01:21:46 AM »

The prosecutors in the GZ case should take some lessons for Jeff Ashton and  Linda Drane Burdick.

Agreed... who would have ever thought we would think anything Jose had to say was logical???
I am still over here fuming about Ms Cory's remark tonight...

Yup, she is a disgrace ... Don West was correct when he commented after the verdict was given, the prosecution was a disgrace.

Florida State Attorney Angela Corey in Interview with CNN/HLN Following Jury “Not Guilty” Verdict Calls George Zimmerman … ‘Murderer’
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/15/florida-state-attorney-angela-corey-in-interview-with-cnn-following-jury-not-guilty-verdict-calls-george-zimmerman-murderer/

This goes beyond sour grapes, this is an out of control Florida State attorney who should probably be disbarred.

In an interview with  HLN’s Vinnie Politan, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda and Florida State attorney Angela Corey was asked to describe George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin in one word. Even after a jury of six woman from Seminole county deliberated for 16 1/2 hours and came back with a “NOT GUILTY” verdict as they dismissed that George Zimmerman had committed second degree murder or manslaughter.  Florida State Attorney Angela Corey describe George Zimmerman in one word … murderer. Really? So much for the for those who are supposed to be responsible officers of the court respecting the verdict of the jury. It is extremely sad that Angela Corey and Bernie de la Rionda have turned their back on Florida law, what they are supposed to uphold and represent and they act like spoiled babies when they do not get the verdict they want. Their answer is to question and basically smear the integrity of the jury and the decision they made. A note to the prosecution, next time prove your case or charge it with something you could convict on. Better yet, send it to a grand jury, that is what they are there for.

How does this woman still have a job? And for those of you who have the opinion that Zimmerman was guilty and should have been charged with something,  Angela Corey is a danger to you as well. What happens when the shoes on the other foot and you are on her wrong side? If she is willing to present murder two charges against some one who should never have been charged, whatcha gunna do when she comes for you?

She is on the face saving tour. I hope that O'Mara and West get her disbarred with what she did with withholding evidence from the Defense.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 06:02:34 AM »

I've tried so hard to stay out of commenting on this case because I just hate everything about it. I've reached my limit at this point, because of the reaction to the verdict, if nothing else.

I don't think anybody watching the trial could reconcile this reaction to the actual case. I wish, I wish, I wish that GZ would have simply stayed in the car, but I have to acknowledge that he had a right not to do that. I hate that TM was killed and know that through all the steps that happened, there were many chances to avoid the shooting. GZ getting out of the car was the first missed opportunity, IMO, but after that, Trayvon had chances to avoid it as well. I know that according to the law, the only verdict that could be reached was reached by this jury.

If there is a need to have a national conversation about race relations in this country, I wish it could be led by those looking to unite people instead of those whose relevancy is dependent upon division. They are leading us backward, not ahead.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 07:46:02 AM »

I've tried so hard to stay out of commenting on this case because I just hate everything about it. I've reached my limit at this point, because of the reaction to the verdict, if nothing else.

I don't think anybody watching the trial could reconcile this reaction to the actual case. I wish, I wish, I wish that GZ would have simply stayed in the car, but I have to acknowledge that he had a right not to do that. I hate that TM was killed and know that through all the steps that happened, there were many chances to avoid the shooting. GZ getting out of the car was the first missed opportunity, IMO, but after that, Trayvon had chances to avoid it as well. I know that according to the law, the only verdict that could be reached was reached by this jury.

If there is a need to have a national conversation about race relations in this country, I wish it could be led by those looking to unite people instead of those whose relevancy is dependent upon division. They are leading us backward, not ahead.

I totally agree CBB....it appears to me that the very ones who are crying about this case being racial are the ones who have led it in that direction and continue to do so.

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 08:38:59 AM »

7/16/13     Zimmerman Juror Decides Not To Write Book About Trial

“I realize it was necessary for our jury to be sequestered in order to protest our verdict from unfair outside influence, but that isolation shielded me from the depth of pain that exists among the general public over every aspect of this case. The potential book was always intended to be a respectful observation of the trial from my and my husband’s perspectives solely and it was to be an observation that our ‘system’ of justice can get so complicated that it creates a conflict with our ‘spirit’ of justice.

Now that I am returned to my family and to society in general, I have realized that the best direction for me to go is away from writing any sort of book and return instead to my life as it was before I was called to sit on this jury.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/zimmerman-juror-decides-not-to-write-a-book
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »

If George was such a racist person, wouldn't the prosecution have been able to produce at least 1 witness who heard George say something racist about any race? Just 1 in his whole lifetime? Really?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 08:42:54 AM »

7/16/13     Zimmerman Juror Decides Not To Write Book About Trial

“I realize it was necessary for our jury to be sequestered in order to protest our verdict from unfair outside influence, but that isolation shielded me from the depth of pain that exists among the general public over every aspect of this case. The potential book was always intended to be a respectful observation of the trial from my and my husband’s perspectives solely and it was to be an observation that our ‘system’ of justice can get so complicated that it creates a conflict with our ‘spirit’ of justice.

Now that I am returned to my family and to society in general, I have realized that the best direction for me to go is away from writing any sort of book and return instead to my life as it was before I was called to sit on this jury.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/zimmerman-juror-decides-not-to-write-a-book

Classy...

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 08:59:39 AM »

I totally agree CBB....it appears to me that the very ones who are crying about this case being racial are the ones who have led it in that direction and continue to do so.

I agree with both of you. Why are the two sides at odds. Such things don't just happen, they are purposely created.  I have seen a completely troubling trend since this administration has taken office ... race relations have become worse because the leaders are making it that way. Sadly, the media has given people like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson power to promote irresponsible race baiting. Lets face it, they would have no job if "everyone just got along". So why would they make that happen? This is what happens when you make a criminal case political and interject race.

Before this case had anyone ever heard of a "white" Hispanic?

When a DOJ focuses on GZ and does not prosecute the Black Panthers for obviously taking part in voter intimidation, we have a problem. When Prez. Obama says the police acted stupidly with regards to the arrest in Cambridge, MA in an incident that he knew nothing about but still jumped into the racial issue. When the Prez interjects himself into the Zimmerman-Martin case and says if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon when he had no facts in the case. When a AG Holder and Obama and the prosecutors in Florida completely disregard the jury verdict and continue to enflame the situation, we have a problem.

Every one is so quick to call people who follow the law, a racist. Because nothing shuts down dialogue like using the "R" word.

Do I believe there is still racism in America, of course I do. Its on both sides. The sad reality is though that it is worse under Obama, because you cannot be against anything he does, or you are deemed a racist. This agenda was made even worse by a lap-dog media that was more concerned about forwarding a liberal agenda, than doing their job.

Are there mean spirited people out there, yes. Is there racism, yes. But this case and Zimmerman is not it. His past and his dealings with other says he is not and the first FBI investigation came to the same conclusion. Isn't it ironic, or is it just sad, that the very people who think that Zimmerman is some card carrying KKK member and just wanted to kill a black man are the very one's acting in a violent and hateful manner?

There is a reason why justice is supposed to be blind. What is very sad is that right now we have people like Al Sharpton who are planning protests that will end in riots against Zimmerman who want a Kangaroo court to find him guilty when he is not guilty no matter what and at all cost. Isn't this exactly what blacks and real Civil rights leaders have fought against for year, having their clients rail-roaded?

We do need to bring people together but it will never be easy when such powers out there are against that ever happening. Race-baiting is a cottage industry. Just like many have said that Zimmerman's ultimate judge will be when he is before God ... I would say the same to the hate merchants out there. You to are going to one day going to have to defend your actions to God Almighty.

I can only hope that one day race relations get better, but it will only happen once Obama and his ilk or out of office. These individuals have made disagreeing with political policy, racism to shut down discussion.

Sorry, but I live by the belief that it is about the content of one's character, not the color of one's skin. Too bad our influential leaders did not feel the same.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:05:36 AM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 09:06:38 AM »

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 09:27:55 AM »

Red..I wish I could re copy your whole post to every news venue and my face book page for all to read. Excellent, excellent post.
It is so frustrating to try to reason with people about Obama and his division.and the you are racist comments always come into it.
Far from racism, just common sense.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 10:18:56 AM »

I agree with both of you. Why are the two sides at odds. Such things don't just happen, they are purposely created.  I have seen a completely troubling trend since this administration has taken office ... race relations have become worse because the leaders are making it that way. Sadly, the media has given people like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson power to promote irresponsible race baiting. Lets face it, they would have no job if "everyone just got along". So why would they make that happen? This is what happens when you make a criminal case political and interject race.

Before this case had anyone ever heard of a "white" Hispanic?

When a DOJ focuses on GZ and does not prosecute the Black Panthers for obviously taking part in voter intimidation, we have a problem. When Prez. Obama says the police acted stupidly with regards to the arrest in Cambridge, MA in an incident that he knew nothing about but still jumped into the racial issue. When the Prez interjects himself into the Zimmerman-Martin case and says if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon when he had no facts in the case. When a AG Holder and Obama and the prosecutors in Florida completely disregard the jury verdict and continue to enflame the situation, we have a problem.

Every one is so quick to call people who follow the law, a racist. Because nothing shuts down dialogue like using the "R" word.

Do I believe there is still racism in America, of course I do. Its on both sides. The sad reality is though that it is worse under Obama, because you cannot be against anything he does, or you are deemed a racist. This agenda was made even worse by a lap-dog media that was more concerned about forwarding a liberal agenda, than doing their job.

Are there mean spirited people out there, yes. Is there racism, yes. But this case and Zimmerman is not it. His past and his dealings with other says he is not and the first FBI investigation came to the same conclusion. Isn't it ironic, or is it just sad, that the very people who think that Zimmerman is some card carrying KKK member and just wanted to kill a black man are the very one's acting in a violent and hateful manner?

There is a reason why justice is supposed to be blind. What is very sad is that right now we have people like Al Sharpton who are planning protests that will end in riots against Zimmerman who want a Kangaroo court to find him guilty when he is not guilty no matter what and at all cost. Isn't this exactly what blacks and real Civil rights leaders have fought against for year, having their clients rail-roaded?

We do need to bring people together but it will never be easy when such powers out there are against that ever happening. Race-baiting is a cottage industry. Just like many have said that Zimmerman's ultimate judge will be when he is before God ... I would say the same to the hate merchants out there. You to are going to one day going to have to defend your actions to God Almighty.

I can only hope that one day race relations get better, but it will only happen once Obama and his ilk or out of office. These individuals have made disagreeing with political policy, racism to shut down discussion.

Sorry, but I live by the belief that it is about the content of one's character, not the color of one's skin. Too bad our influential leaders did not feel the same.

That's a Heck of a post, Red. I'm quoting it hoping everyone will read it twice.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 10:26:44 AM »

Where is a like button when you need one lol.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »

Stevie Wonder boycotts Florida following George Zimmerman verdict

Florida fans of Stevie Wonder who want to see the legend sing are going to have to go on a road trip for the near future. During a performance in Quebec City, Canada, on Sunday, the Grammy-winning performer spoke out about the recent acquittal of George Zimmerman and announced he would boycott the state.

"I decided today that until the 'Stand Your Ground' law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again," he told the audience. "As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world."

http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainment/stevie-wonder-boycotts-florida-following-george-zimmerman-verdict-6C10645827
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »

Florida fans of Stevie Wonder who want to see the legend sing are going to have to go on a road trip for the near future. During a performance in Quebec City, Canada, on Sunday, the Grammy-winning performer spoke out about the recent acquittal of George Zimmerman and announced he would boycott the state.

"I decided today that until the 'Stand Your Ground' law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again," he told the audience. "As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world."

http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainment/stevie-wonder-boycotts-florida-following-george-zimmerman-verdict-6C10645827

I guess he won't be singing much in the US anymore, b/c many states have adopted portions of the SYG laws.

Challapalca him!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 11:04:49 AM »

Um...so? How many have gone to a Stevie wonder concert in recent years?  Not sure what if my impact this will make on the economy...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.