March 19, 2024, 12:05:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin - NOT GUILTY #9 7/15/13  (Read 790531 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »

IN A NUTSHELL!!

MUST WATCH – Bill Whittle: The wretched lynching of George Zimmerman
The Right Scoop on July 20th, 2013
http://therightscoop.com/must-watch-bill-whittle-the-wretched-lynching-of-george-zimmerman/

Cadillac

I am having difficulties accessing the Bill Whittle video on SM Front Page.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2013, 11:32:41 AM »

IN A NUTSHELL!!

MUST WATCH – Bill Whittle: The wretched lynching of George Zimmerman
The Right Scoop on July 20th, 2013
http://therightscoop.com/must-watch-bill-whittle-the-wretched-lynching-of-george-zimmerman/

Cadillac

I am having difficulties accessing the Bill Whittle video on SM Front Page.

Janet

Thanks, Janet.  I had previously seen most of this - but not the very last part.  Someone had cut it off before the pic of the Prez. 

I will keep more of my comments to myself.  I respect everyone's opinion but mine is very strong about this entire situation.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2013, 11:42:52 AM »

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/07/23/rev-al-sharpton-joined-trayvon-martins-father-in-nw-dade-rally/
Rev. Al Sharpton Joined Trayvon Martin’s Father In NW Dade Rally
July 23, 2013

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2013, 11:44:51 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/tracy-martin-black-caucus_n_3639894.html?utm_hp_ref=politics
Tracy Martin, Trayvon's Dad, To Attend Meeting Of Congressional Caucus On Black Men And Boys
July 23, 2013

WASHINGTON -- The Congressional Caucus on Black Men and Boys is holding its first-ever meeting on Wednesday, and Tracy Martin, the father of slain teenager Trayvon Martin, will be in attendance.

The panel invited Martin to attend the meeting as a special guest, according to a press release. Martin will meet privately with caucus members ahead of the meeting and then stay for its duration. The topic of the meeting is "The Status of Black Males: Ensuring Our Boys Mature Into Strong Men."

The caucus previously announced three speakers for Wednesday's meeting, but did not mention Martin would be there. Expected speakers include MSNBC host and Georgetown University professor Michael Eric Dyson, former congressman and NAACP President Kweisi Mfume, and David J. Johns, the head of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans.

The caucus was created in March and is led by Rep. Danny Davis (D-Ill.) and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.), both members of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Norton's office confirmed that Martin will be giving opening remarks at the hearing.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2013, 11:47:02 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/07/23/trayvon-martins-father-to-appear-wednesday-on-capitol-hill/
Trayvon Martin’s father to appear Wednesday on Capitol Hill
July 23, 2013

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »

Rumor is the royal baby will be named in his honor. Or maybe I just plan to fill twitter with that rumor. Monkey Devil!

Guess your tweets worked... 

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/kate-middleton-prince-william-baby-george-alexander-louis/story?id=19742510
Kate Middleton and Prince William Name Baby George Alexander Louis
July 24, 2013
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2013, 02:15:59 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/24/man-rescued-by-zimmerman-speaking/2582651/

1:35 p.m. EDT July 24, 2013
Mark Gerstle, whose SUV overturned, does not want to be in the spotlight, attorney says.

A man helped out of an overturned SUV by George Zimmerman canceled plans to speak with reporters Wednesday.

Mark Gerstle was scheduled to appear at a news conference at 1:30 p.m. ET in Florida, Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara said. Gerstle was going to offer details about the accident in which he, his wife and their two children were helped out of their SUV by Zimmerman and another man when it turned over.

Shawn Vincent, a spokesperson for Zimmerman's attorneys, said the family helped by Zimmerman canceled the news conference because "they don't want to be in the spotlight."

The family contacted O'Mara's office Tuesday and said they were concerned by the number of reporters trying to reach them. Reporters have been outside their home and talking to neighbors and relatives, Vincent said.

Vincent suggested a press conference. "I told them if you address the media, you can give them the story they need and move on," Vincent said. "We were doing it to help them out because they are going to be harassed until someone gets their story."

But before the press conference got underway, the family issued a statement Wednesday saying they no longer wanted to speak with reporters.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2013, 02:20:29 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-rescued-george-zimmerman-fears-blow-back/story?id=19758908

Family Rescued by George Zimmerman Fears 'Blow Back'
July 24, 2013

The family rescued by George Zimmerman when they were trapped in an overturned SUV canceled a scheduled news conference today and is pleading for privacy.

The Gerstles were expected to hold a press conference today at the office of Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara, but cancelled a few hours before it was supposed to take place.

"They have expressed to us that they are not comfortable doing media interviews at this time and they continue to ask for privacy," the Seminole City Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, said the family had asked to speak, but then got concerned about the anger surrounding the controversial verdict.

"The family called because they wanted to address the media. I knew that if we did it in an organized way, it would help them get back to a normal life.. But they called today and said they were more worried about blow back from saying anything that would be favorable to George, and decided they did not want to do any media," O'Mara said.

The family could not be reached for comment.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2013, 02:50:22 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-rescued-george-zimmerman-fears-blow-back/story?id=19758908

Family Rescued by George Zimmerman Fears 'Blow Back'
July 24, 2013

The family rescued by George Zimmerman when they were trapped in an overturned SUV canceled a scheduled news conference today and is pleading for privacy.

The Gerstles were expected to hold a press conference today at the office of Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara, but cancelled a few hours before it was supposed to take place.

"They have expressed to us that they are not comfortable doing media interviews at this time and they continue to ask for privacy," the Seminole City Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, said the family had asked to speak, but then got concerned about the anger surrounding the controversial verdict.

"The family called because they wanted to address the media. I knew that if we did it in an organized way, it would help them get back to a normal life.. But they called today and said they were more worried about blow back from saying anything that would be favorable to George, and decided they did not want to do any media," O'Mara said.

The family could not be reached for comment.

It's a pity when a family is afraid to even publicly thank someone for helping them.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »

Family helped by George Zimmerman after crash to hold press conference
July 24, 2013

A man who authorities say was helped to safety — along with his wife and children — by George Zimmerman after a roll-over SUV crash in Seminole County last week is expected to speak to reporters today about the accident.

Mark Gerstle, who was driving the Ford Explorer when it overturned about 5:45 p.m. Wednesday, will speak in Orlando this afternoon.

<snipped>

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-rescue-press-conference-20130724,0,805379.story

Man helped by Zimmerman cancels news conference
USA TODAY 1:35 p.m. EDT July 24, 2013

A man helped out of an overturned SUV by George Zimmerman canceled plans to speak with reporters Wednesday.

Mark Gerstle was scheduled to appear at a news conference at 1:30 p.m. ET in Florida, Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara said. Gerstle was going to offer details about the accident in which he, his wife and their two children were helped out of their SUV by Zimmerman and another man when it turned over.

Shawn Vincent, a spokesperson for Zimmerman's attorneys, said the family helped by Zimmerman canceled the news conference because "they don't want to be in the spotlight."

The family contacted O'Mara's office Tuesday and said they were concerned by the number of reporters trying to reach them. Reporters have been outside their home and talking to neighbors and relatives, Vincent said.

Vincent suggested a press conference. "I told them if you address the media, you can give them the story they need and move on," Vincent said. "We were doing it to help them out because they are going to be harassed until someone gets their story."

But before the press conference got underway, the family issued a statement Wednesday saying they no longer wanted to speak with reporters. ....

<snipped>

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/24/man-rescued-by-zimmerman-speaking/2582651/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »

July 24, 2013 Tweets

https://twitter.com/yamiche

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  1h 
Hearing is over. I'll have updates to my story soon.

Tracy Martin and his attorney Benjamin Crump are on their way out of the hearing. Both spoke about limiting stand your ground laws

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  2h 
Tracy Martin: Fifty years from now I want #TrayvonMartin 's name to be attached to an amendment to limit stand your ground laws.

Tracy Martin says the legacy of #TrayvonMartin should be this: "Trayvon helped bridge the gap of America."

Kweisi Mfume, former NAACP pres., begins by thanking Tracy Martin for his grace through the death of his son. Room gives a standing ovation

Johns talked for several minutes about the disparity in black communities including poverty, education rates and life expectancy.

David Johns says the nation must continue to talk in public and private about achievements of black men and boys.

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  3h 
David Johns, Executive Director White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, is explaining black boys' challenges

Benjamin Crump wants  the "Trayvon Martin amendment" passed that would make it illegal to initiate a confrontation and claim self-defense.

Tracy Martin: "We are the voice for Trayvon."

Tracy Martin says the nation has to ask how to stop other children from suffering the same fate as his son #TrayvonMartin

Tracy Martin says he doesn't want this verdict to define who his son was.

Tracy Martin says he will continue to fight for #TrayvonMartin and other black young men.

Rep. Frederica Wilson says every school should have a program dedicated to black young men to help lift them up.

Norton says the death of #TrayvonMartin has focused this nation on the lives of black men and that should be Trayvon's legacy.

Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) opens by saying black men and boys need to define themselves and not be stereotyped.

Surrounded by media. The event begins. pic.twitter.com/dNmqovdD4S
View photo

Tracy Martin, father of #TrayvonMartin , has arrived along with his attorney Benjamin Crump.

Still waiting for the event to begin. First hearing of the Congressional Caucus on Black Men and Boys.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2013, 07:15:57 PM »

July 24, 2013 Tweets

https://twitter.com/KBelichWFTV

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  25m 
RT @WFTV Sanford businesses say they're suffering after #Zimmermantrial verdict: http://at.wftv.com/13e25Yc  #ZimmermanOn9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  1h 
Asking for an investigation into possible jury misconduct in the #Zimmermanon9 case. 2/2

@HeadlessGal Thanks for the recommendation. #CadyWayTrial
View conversation     

A http://change.org  petition has been sent to Prosecutor Angela Corey, the state Attorney General and Governor 1/2 #Zimmermanon9
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »

July 24, 2013 Tweets

https://twitter.com/yamiche

Hearing is over. I'll have updates to my story soon.

Tracy Martin and his attorney Benjamin Crump are on their way out of the hearing. Both spoke about limiting stand your ground laws

Tracy Martin: Fifty years from now I want #TrayvonMartin 's name to be attached to an amendment to limit stand your ground laws.

Tracy Martin says the legacy of #TrayvonMartin should be this: "Trayvon helped bridge the gap of America."

Kweisi Mfume, former NAACP pres., begins by thanking Tracy Martin for his grace through the death of his son. Room gives a standing ovation

Johns talked for several minutes about the disparity in black communities including poverty, education rates and life expectancy.

David Johns says the nation must continue to talk in public and private about achievements of black men and boys.

David Johns, Executive Director White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, is explaining black boys' challenges

Benjamin Crump wants  the "Trayvon Martin amendment" passed that would make it illegal to initiate a confrontation and claim self-defense.

Tracy Martin: "We are the voice for Trayvon."

Tracy Martin says the nation has to ask how to stop other children from suffering the same fate as his son #TrayvonMartin

Tracy Martin says he doesn't want this verdict to define who his son was.

Tracy Martin says he will continue to fight for #TrayvonMartin and other black young men.

Rep. Frederica Wilson says every school should have a program dedicated to black young men to help lift them up.

Norton says the death of #TrayvonMartin has focused this nation on the lives of black men and that should be Trayvon's legacy.

Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) opens by saying black men and boys need to define themselves and not be stereotyped.

Surrounded by media. The event begins. pic.twitter.com/dNmqovdD4S
View photo

Tracy Martin, father of #TrayvonMartin , has arrived along with his attorney Benjamin Crump.

Still waiting for the event to begin. First hearing of the Congressional Caucus on Black Men and Boys.

How will the mainstream media networks respond to the revelation that Barack Obama voted in 2004 to strengthen "Stand Your Ground" law?  Somehow I suspect there will be no response.

Janet

+++++

Obama Voted to Strengthen Illinois’s Stand Your Ground Law in 2004
July 22, 2013 8:56 AM

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/354059/obama-voted-strengthen-illinoiss-stand-your-ground-law-2004-john-fund

Obama co-sponsored legislation strengthening Illinois’ “stand your ground” law
 Sunday, July 21, 2013

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2013/07/obama-strongly-supported-stand-your-ground-when-in-illinois-senate.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2013, 12:36:49 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-george-zimmerman-juror-b29-talks-to-abc-20130725,0,4126847.post

George Zimmerman: Juror B-29 talks to ABC
By Hal Boedeker Staff writer
10:56 a.m. EDT, July 25, 2013

Robin Roberts, left, interviews Juror B-29, the only minority juror from the George Zimmerman trial. The juror's attorney, David Chico, is at right. (Donna Svennevik / ABC / July 25, 2013)

Juror B-29, the only minority juror from the George Zimmerman trial, has talked to ABC's Robin Roberts.

Roberts conducted the interview Thursday morning after "Good Morning America." The juror, who is identified as Maddy, is shown. She was flown to New York for the interview, and that is a standard practice for network news programs.

The first portions of the interview will air on "World News With Diane Sawyer" at 6:30 p.m. Thursday on WFTV-Channel 9.

More of the exclusive interview will be seen this evening on "Nightline." The full interview will air Friday on "Good Morning America," which starts at 7 a.m.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »

Two-page article

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20130725/NEWS01/130725007/Brevard-group-honor-George-Zimmerman-attorney-Mark-O-Mara

Brevard group to honor George Zimmerman attorney Mark O'mara
Jul. 25, 2013 12:07 PM

A local organization is giving an award to Mark O'Mara, the Orlando-based lawyer who successfully defended George Zimmerman in the February 2012 shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin.

O’Mara is scheduled to accept the award from the Republican Liberty Caucus at the organization’s annual Constitution Day dinner on Sept. 14 at the Holiday Inn in Viera.

O’Mara also will speak at the event. The organization’s award is called the “Jefferson Cup” – named for Thomas Jefferson - and it goes to an individual who speaks “truth to power,” said Bob White, chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus.

Also speaking at the dinner will be Michael Boldin, founder of the 10th Amendment Center.

White has been friends with O’Mara since they both were students at what is now the University of Central Florida.

“We give the award to someone for what they done, stood for or accomplished and we thought Mark would be very deserving of the award this year,” White said. “Frankly, it was the post-verdict press conference that Mark conducted where he challenged the media but also the judicial system itself. Those of us who watched that news conference said ‘Now there is a guy who spoke truth to power’ and we began to get the idea that perhaps he is somebody that we should honor with the Jefferson Cub for the way in which he took on the legal profession where he makes his living.”

Glenn Dames, pastor of St. James AME and one of the key Brevard organizers for rallies supporting Trayvon Martin’s family, called the decision to award O’Mara “perplexing.”

“It’s a cause for pausing,” Dames said after being told about the award. “As a pastor I continue to pray for unity but not just for unity but for a better understanding between all of us and for the minorities in this country. I also don’t think that this is a coincidence. The shooting of Trayvon may have happened in Sanford but both Brevard County and Sanford share some similar histories.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_XvnoCjO3k

Full video: O'Mara says crash victims rescued by Zimmerman concerned about 'blow back'
Published on Jul 24, 2013 

George Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, talked to the media Wednesday afternoon and addressed skeptics who think the rescue was a public relations stunt.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »

George Zimmerman Juror Says He 'Got Away With Murder'
July 25, 2013

The only minority on the all-female jury that voted to acquit George Zimmerman said today that Zimmerman "got away with murder" for killing Trayvon Martin and feels she owes an apology Martin's parents.

"You can't put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty," said the woman who was identified only as Juror B29 during the trial. "But we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence."

She said the jury was following Florida law and the evidence, she said, did not prove murder.

<snipped>

Read more:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-juror-murder/story?id=19770659

_____

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2013, 06:14:49 PM »

well at least they followed the law...
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »

It went to trial.  Which is what the Martins wanted.  I agree.

A jury was picked by both sides.

I'm sure it was difficult to listen to the testimonies by all the jurors.i

They all voted for GZ to be acquitted.

If one juror wanted to hold out and vote for a conviction, then  that juror should have done that?

What am I missing- we are retrying this trial in the media after the US judicial system has spoken?

My prayers are for the Martins who lost their son, child, brother, friend.

What is the goal now?  Let's all find a way to make the world better and stop the pointing fingers.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »

hi monkeys,i have a Q, did GZ ever ID his self to TM
like hey im GZ a NHW just checking it out,or something like that

i had an incident, just a couple of hrs ago, the kid had co. did not
inform me so and so is in the back garden, who are you, got me
i like the garden and greenhouse, im in the greenhouse and now
have a tool, one more time who are you,im >>>>>> and i really
like your garden, kid shows up hey this is ................. it worked
out ok,but got me to thinking about, he did not give me enough
info or an explanation,  to know its prob ok your in my garden

IDK, maybe i didnt ask the right Q

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.