March 19, 2024, 03:18:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin - NOT GUILTY #9 7/15/13  (Read 790552 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:50 PM »

July 25, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 5h
#TrayvonMartin family attorney Ben Crump reacts to B29 interview: "If members of the jury thought the (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rlio37

Orlando Sentinel ‏@orlandosentinel 6h
Juror B-29: #GeorgeZimmerman got away with the murder of #TrayvonMartin. http://thesent.nl/15N0RVX .
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 6h
B29 tells @ABC she was the one who initially wanted to convict #GeorgeZimmerman on 2nd-degree murder. "I fought to the end," she says.

B29 says case never should've gone to trial. "I felt like this was a publicity stunt." Feels she owes #TrayvonMartin's parents an apology.

B29 tells @ABC jury "had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence," which she says didn't prove murder under FL law.

Link: #GeorgeZimmerman juror B-29 tells @ABC's @RobinRoberts that #Zimmerman "got away with murder" http://abcn.ws/16eJUDZ

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 9h
#Zimmerman juror B-29 talks to @ABC | Story via @TVGuyHal:
 http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-george-zimmerman-juror-b29-talks-to-abc-20130725,0,4126847.post … #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Santina Leuci ‏@SantinaLeuci 11h
Out of the shadows, #Zimmerman #Juror29 speaks out. @RobinRoberts exclusive starting w @ABCWorldNews, @Nightline full intv on @GMA tomorrow.
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2013, 09:08:16 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-george-zimmerman-juror-b29-talks-to-abc-20130725,0,4126847.post
The TV Guy
Hal Boedeker of Orlando Sentinel is The TV Guy. Dishing on TV, the news and what everybody is talking about.
George Zimmerman trial 'a publicity stunt,' juror tells ABC

July 25, 23013

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2013, 03:04:56 AM »

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/meet-the-zimmerman-trial-jurors/

Meet the Zimmerman Trial Jurors
Posted by Andrew Branca    Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 6:00pm

Juror B29

B29 was first presented to the court for preliminary voir dire on Day One of jury selection, June 10. She is a Hispanic nurse who works the night shift with Alzheimer’s patients. She was a resident of Chicago at the time of the shooting, having arrived in Seminole county only four months prior to the start of the trial. This relatively recent arrival to the area is part of the explanation for why she says she has “no idea” about the case. In addition, she explained, “I don’t like watching the news, period,” and “I don’t read any newspapers, don’t watch the news.” She also indicated that she didn’t tend to watch crime procedural programs, saying that she preferred to real world to “make believe.”

She did, however, recall that some “little boy had passed away,” and she assumed that “he was a kid, 12 or 13.” She recalled seeing pictures of Trayvon in various formats, including T-shirts. She recalled hearing people talking talking about the event in the context of the “child who died.”

B29 has eight children, the oldest of whom is 20 and recently returned home to look for work. She as been married for 10 years. Asked if she worked with any charitable type of organizations outside her regular job she answered, “My house is my organization.” She speaks passionately about her children.

She was one of the prospective jurors who had previously been arrested, but said the matter was no longer pending, that she had been treated fairly, and that she wouldn’t hold the fact of her arrest against either side.

Upon final voir dire by the defense she affirmed that she would have no hesitancy in finding Zimmerman “not guilty” if she had a reasonable doubt of his guilt, even if she possessed as much as a considerable certainty of his guilt. She also acknowledged her duty to listen to both sides of the argument as presented in court, and to not “bring your problems [prejudices] into this trial.”

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2013, 08:01:46 AM »

i think this juror who just spoke prob got paid nicely for her interview, knew she'd be identified at some point, and wanted to get out in front of it.  thank god she was able to put her feelings aside, it's too late now for her to change her mind so it is what it is.  thank god she followed the law, he's innocent and that's all that matters imo.  this does explain why deliberations took so long though. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2013, 09:05:30 AM »

Detroit’s City Council spends time weighing in on Zimmerman case, puts Motor City issues on back burner
Published July 26, 2013

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/26/detroits-city-council-spends-time-weighing-in-on-zimmerman-case-puts-motor-city/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »

i think this juror who just spoke prob got paid nicely for her interview, knew she'd be identified at some point, and wanted to get out in front of it.  thank god she was able to put her feelings aside, it's too late now for her to change her mind so it is what it is.  thank god she followed the law, he's innocent and that's all that matters imo.  this does explain why deliberations took so long though. 

it is refreshing to know that the jury followed the law and not their emotions.  As much as our judicial system needs fixing, we need to use the process  JMO

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2013, 09:43:38 AM »

Juror B29 Says that George Zimmerman “Got Away with Murder” in the Death of Trayvon Martin

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/26/juror-b29-says-that-george-zimmerman-got-away-with-murder-in-the-death-of-trayvon-martin/

Hmm, if juror B29 initially voted to convict George Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder, how did she suddenly come to a not guilty verdict?

In an exclusive ABC News interview on ‘Good Morning America (VIDEO),’ juror  B29, Maddy, spoke out regarding being on the jury in the George Zimmerman murder trial. Juror B29 said that George Zimmerman “got away with murder,” but then said, “but you can’t get away from God. As reported at the Orlando Sentinel, juror B29 was the lone minority juror and said that she initially voted to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder because “the evidence shows he’s guilty.” However, after 16 hours of deliberation, she  joined the five other women on the jury and acquitted Zimmerman in the murder and manslaughter of 17-year old Trayvon Martin.

A note to juror B29, did it ever dawn on you that some one did not commit murder if the prosecution could provide no evidence that there was a murder?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57595628/trayvons-mother-latest-juror-statement-devastating/

July 26, 2013, 7:01 AM 
Trayvon's mother: Latest juror statement "devastating"

The second juror to speak publicly said in an interview made available Thursday she feels George Zimmerman "got away with murder" for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin, but that there wasn't enough evidence at trial to convict him under Florida law.

Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, released a statement saying, "It is devastating for my family to hear the comments from juror B29, comments which we already knew in our hearts to be true. That George Zimmerman literally got away with murder.

"This new information challenges our nation once again to do everything we can to make sure that this never happens to another child. That's why Tracy (Martin, Trayvon's father) and I have launched The Trayvon Martin Foundation to try and take something very painful and negative and turn it into something positive as a legacy to our son."

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2013, 11:38:46 AM »

Juror B29 Says that George Zimmerman “Got Away with Murder” in the Death of Trayvon Martin

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/26/juror-b29-says-that-george-zimmerman-got-away-with-murder-in-the-death-of-trayvon-martin/

Hmm, if juror B29 initially voted to convict George Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder, how did she suddenly come to a not guilty verdict?

In an exclusive ABC News interview on ‘Good Morning America (VIDEO),’ juror  B29, Maddy, spoke out regarding being on the jury in the George Zimmerman murder trial. Juror B29 said that George Zimmerman “got away with murder,” but then said, “but you can’t get away from God. As reported at the Orlando Sentinel, juror B29 was the lone minority juror and said that she initially voted to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder because “the evidence shows he’s guilty.” However, after 16 hours of deliberation, she  joined the five other women on the jury and acquitted Zimmerman in the murder and manslaughter of 17-year old Trayvon Martin.

A note to juror B29, did it ever dawn on you that some one did not commit murder if the prosecution could provide no evidence that there was a murder?

Logic dictates!!

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2013, 12:17:46 PM »

I think it sounds like some of the questions are "leading" questions to get the answer that the interviewer wants to hear? jmo

Video and "This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate"

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/george-zimmerman-juror-29-interview-gma-vote-degree-19779607

Zimmerman Juror: 'My First Vote Was Second-Degree Murder'
Juror B29 tells Robin Roberts that jurors could not prove Zimmerman intentionally killed Martin.
05:31  | 07/26/2013

You've heard all of the evidence. You've heard the closing argument, all of that. You go into the room for the first time, together as a group.

Did you take a vote right away to see where you stand? We didn't take a vote. Reporter: What was your first vote?

I many first vote was second-degree murder. And people want to know how did you go from, in nine hours,

from feeling he was guilty of second-degree murder, to not guilty? It was hard.

A lot of us had wanted to find something bad, something that we could connect to the law because all six of us -- let's not speak for all six of us. For myself, he's guilty because the evidence shows he's guilty. He's guilty of?

Killing trayvon martin. But we couldn't prove that intentionally he killed him. And that's the way the law was written for me.

Tell us more about the emotion, during those nine hours, from the initial vote of murder, second-degree, to not guilty. What was going on in your mind? Your heart?

I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I was. I fought until the end.

Did you feel a little, for lack of a better word, bullied in the deliberations? I don't know if I was bullied. I trust god that I wasn't bullied.

Do you feel your voice was heard? My voice was heard. I was the loudest, yeah.

That's for sure. You're a mother, as you said. You have children that were trayvon's age.

Eight of them. And what would your reaction have been if your son, going to the store, getting candy and iced tea, going home. An altercation happens.

And your son is killed. I feel that I was forcefully included in trayvon martin's death. I carry him on my back.

I'm hurting as much as trayvon's mother because there's no way that any mother should feel that pain. And you said earlier, that you are the juror that could have made it a hung jury? Oh, yeah.

Do you have regrets that you didn't? I want trayvon's mom to know that I'm hurting. And if she thought that nobody cared about her son, I could speak for myself, I do care.

I couldn't do anything about it. And I felt like I let a lot of people down. And I'm thinking to myself, did I go the right way?

Did I go the wrong way? I know I went the right way because the law and the way it's followed, is the way it went. But if I would have used my heart, I probably would have went a hung jury.

And believing with all my heart because I do -- I do have kids. You wanted to come forward. Yes.

You haven't asked for money. You haven't asked for a book deal. You haven't asking for anything other than a forum to be able to tell your story.

Yeah. I don't need money. I think time is healing.

But trayvon martin will always be in my heart. Some people have said george zimmerman got away with murder. How do you respond to those people who say that?

George zimmerman -- george zimmerman got away with murder. But you can't get away from god. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with.

The law couldn't prove it. We just have to believe in the lord that he's -- if he's asked to pay, he will pay. But you feel in your heart of hearts, that you and the jury approached it and came with a decision.

And you stand by that decision to this day? I stand by the decision because of the law. And finally for you, maddy, what would you like to say to trayvon's parents?

I would like to apologize because I feel like I let them down. We just couldn't prove anything. And I wish them the best.

And my god bless them through all this. And peace. And that is maddy's hope.

Peace for the martin family, for everyone in this country. She was not going to say anything until juror b-37 spoke out two days after the verdict. And you may recall that four other jurors signed a statement, distancing themselves from that juror's comments.

Maddy felt it didn't accurately reflect her feelings. One thing that maddy did agree with the other juror on, she said race was not discussed in the deliberations. It never came up in their discussion.

But one thing she came back to again and again and again. She said the law. And you remember, president obama's first statement after the verdict, we have a nation of laws.

sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2013, 12:59:44 PM »

http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/columns/kevin-horrigan/horrigan-what-if-liberty-valance-had-been-unarmed/article_c9661fc8-085e-5d98-947b-f3452f428cea.html

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »

Tweets

Opened conversation

https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  21h 
#TrayvonMartin family attorney Ben Crump reacts to B29 interview: "If members of the jury thought the (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rlio37

12:54 PM - 25 Jul 13 · Details 
Sheryl Kaye ‏@sherylkaye  12h 
@JeffWeinerOS I know I keep bringing that up. But was she allowed to say Zim had a right "to stand his ground" ?? @NatJackEsq

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  3h 
@sherylkaye Yes, the stand-your-ground instruction was given. Standard part of justifiable use of deadly force instructions.
Hide conversation   

sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2013, 02:47:10 PM »

Whoops! My link may not be clickable. In case it's not, here is the article:

From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Horrigan: What if Liberty Valance had been unarmed?
Print
July 20, 2013 6:00 am  •  Kevin Horrigan • khorrigan@post-dispatch.com > 314-340-8135

We’re back once again at the 4-H Club — the Heavenly Hall of Hollywood Heroes — where the weekly poker game is again under way.

When we were here last, the heroes were concerned that they were taking the rap for America’s culture of gun violence. As Gary Cooper (d. 1961) put it, “They’re just saying that seeing all of us heroes using guns for all of those years makes certain middle-aged men believe that guns are part of the culture in America. Especially those of us who were cowboys.”

Coop, for all his laconic presence in the movies, seems to have taken to stirring up trouble in the Great Beyond. Today he’s saying, “Any of you boys ever shoot an unarmed man?”

“Hell, no,” says John Wayne (d. 1979). “Wasn’t part of the code. The game is five-card stud, pilgrims.”

“There were always plenty of armed guys around,” said Jim Arness (d. 2011). “When I was Matt Dillon, I’d just take ‘em out on the streets of Dodge, they’d make a play and blam! Back to the Long Branch and Miss Kitty. I’ll take two, Duke.”

“What’s your point, Coop?” asks Steve McQueen (d. 1980), who’s standing pat.

“The point is you never went out at night, walked around town and hoped you’d run into trouble.”

“Uh-oh boys,” said Humphrey Bogart (d. 1957). “He’s talking about Trayvon Martin.”

“Well, I like to keep up,” says Gary Cooper. “I’ve got what they call a ‘Twitter’ thing.”

“What the hell is a Twitter thing?” demands the Duke.

“You keep up on what people are saying and thinking. And a whole bunch of them think the guy who shot Trayvon Martin is some kind of hero. See here? Some skinny woman named Ann Coulter tweeted, ‘Hallelujah!’”

“I never trusted a skinny woman,” said Robert Mitchum (d. 1997), who raises the bet a buck. “Except for Deborah Kerr in ‘Heaven Knows Mr. Allison,’ and she was a nun.”

“When people thought I shot Liberty Valance, they elected me to the Senate,” said Jimmy Stewart (d. 1997, the day after Robert Mitchum). “In fact....”

“Now Jimmy, don’t go saying any more,” says Coop. “That’s what they call a ‘spoiler alert’ now.”

“Fact is, it doesn’t make any difference who shot me when I was Liberty Valance,” said Lee Marvin (d. 1987). “I was a dead-eyed gunslinger. I was a bad dude. When Jimmy thinks he shot me, I had my gun pointed right between his eyes.”

“That’s my point,” says Coop. “The man who shot Liberty Valance wouldn’t have shot Liberty Valance if Liberty Valance hadn’t been armed. And not even a snake like Liberty Valance would have shot an unarmed man.”

There is a hush around the poker table.

“Are you telling me this guy Trayvon Martin wasn’t armed?” asks the Duke.

“Had a bag of candy and a can of iced tea,” said Coop. “Apparently he was fighting the guy who shot him.”

“With his fists?” asked Robert Mitchum.

“Not much,” said Coop. “He says he was getting pounded on and feared for his life. So he pulled on him.”

“Why didn’t he just kick his ass?” asks Steve McQueen.

“Supposedly he was a little soft.”

“So he shot him? And the jury didn’t hang him?” Lee Marvin says.

“No, they let him off. Said he was in reasonable fear of his life and nobody could prove he wasn’t.”

“Prove he wasn’t afraid?” asked the Duke. “So if you’re afraid, it’s OK to shoot an unarmed man?”

“In Florida and a bunch of other states,” explained Gary Cooper.

“What a bunch of candy-asses,” said the Duke. “Half the movies I made, I was in a bar fight. With people carrying guns. Are you telling me that all someone would have to do is claim he was afraid I was going to hit him with a chair and he could plug me?”

“That’s the law these days,” Coop said. “People are afraid of thugs.”

“Excuse me while I whip this out,” said Cleavon Little (d. 1992), pulling a DVD copy of “Blazing Saddles” out of his robe. “Those of you who shuffled off the mortal coil before 1974 may not have had a chance to view this work of art, but it explains many of the attitudes you’re discussing here today.”

“I saw that,” said McQueen. “You were the black sheriff that Hedy Lamarr sent to the town so the people would leave and he could run the railroad through it.”

“‘Hedley,’ but the rest is right,” said Cleavon Little. “But if I’d been walking through Sanford, Fla., in a hoodie with a bag of Skittles, they’d have thought I was a thug and this wouldn’t have been a comedy.”

“I hate to think people are still like that,” said Gary Cooper.

“Whatever happened to real cowboys?” asked John Wayne.

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2013, 05:47:09 PM »

http://omaralawblog.com/index.php/8-blog/7-why-zimmerman-juror-b-29-is-a-model-juror

26 Jul
Why Zimmerman Juror B-29 Is A Model Juror

A number of people have been asking for our response to Juror B-29’s remarks during ABC’s Robin Roberts' interview about the Zimmerman verdict. The big headline from the story is “George Zimmerman got away with murder,” but that is an inaccurate distillation of Juror B-29's statements. Rather, the substance of the juror’s other comments are more complicated and nuanced. Here’s a key exchange that got my attention:

Juror B-29 says, “For myself, he’s guilty, because the evidence shows he’s guilty.”

Robin Roberts asks for a clarification, “He’s guilty of?”

Juror B-29 responds, “Killing Trayvon Martin. But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can’t say he’s guilty.”

We acknowledge, and always have, that George killed Trayvon Martin. Over the last 15 months, we’ve heard from a lot of people who feel that anytime a life is lost at someone’s hands, the person responsible is guilty of SOMETHING. Indeed, it is natural to feel this way. In a self-defense case, however, that fact that the defendant committed a homicide is stipulated -- it is undisputed. However, self-defense is one of the instances under the law when homicide is justifiable. People may disagree with self-defense laws, but a juror’s job is not to decide what a law should be, her job is to apply the facts presented at trial to the laws they are instructed about. Based on her statement, it seems Juror B-29 looked at the law, and whether or not she agreed with the law, she did her job and made her decision on a legal basis. This is the essence of what we seek in a juror: the ability to use one’s common sense, apply the law to the facts, agree not to be swayed by sympathy or emotion, no matter how loudly it’s argued by the prosecutors, and decide a lawful and fair verdict.

When Robin Roberts asks Juror B-29 if she stands by her decision, she says, “I stand by my decision because of the law. If I stand by my decision because of my heart, he would have been guilty.” While that decision of guilt would have been an emotional one, it would not have been a legal one. We applaud her ability to maintain the distinction.

We don’t expect jurors to be heartless people. Every murder case starts with someone who has had their life taken, someone who leaves behind grieving loved-ones. Every loss of life is a tragedy, and we don’t ask jurors to be immune to that. But we do ask jurors not to reach their verdicts based on what their hearts tell them; for the verdict, a juror must set aside emotions and follow the law. Based on her comments, Juror B-29 accepted a tremendous burden, set her feelings aside, and cast a verdict based the evidence presented in court and on the law she was provided.

Any juror that follows Juror B-29’s process will deliver a fair and just verdict.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2013, 06:45:03 PM »

ABC - A NETWORK WITH AN AGENDA?

Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?
The media are reporting that a juror says Zimmerman is guilty of murder. That’s not true.
Friday, July 26, 2013

Did George Zimmerman get away with murder? That’s what one of his jurors says, according to headlines in the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and dozens of other newspapers. Trayvon Martin’s mother and the Martin family’s attorney are trumpeting this “new information” as proof that “George Zimmerman literally got away with murder.”

The reports are based on an ABC News interview with Juror B29, the sole nonwhite juror. She has identified herself only by her first name, Maddy. She’s been framed as the woman who was bullied out of voting to convict Zimmerman. But that’s not true. She stands by the verdict. She yielded to the evidence and the law, not to bullying. She thinks Zimmerman was morally culpable but not legally guilty. And she wants us to distinguish between this trial and larger questions of race and justice.

ABC News hasn’t posted a full unedited video or transcript of the interview. The video that has been broadcast—on World News Tonight, Nightline, and Good Morning America—has been cut and spliced in different ways, often so artfully that the transitions appear continuous. So beware what you’re seeing. But the video that’s available already shows, on closer inspection, that Maddy has been manipulated and misrepresented. Here are the key points. .....

<snipped>

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2013/07/did_george_zimmerman_get_away_with_murder_no_juror_b29_is_being_framed.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2013, 08:55:38 PM »

Allen West: No One Ever Followed Me In A Mall Or Clutched Their Bag When I Got On The Elevator
July 21, 2013

“I am a black male who grew up in the inner city of Atlanta and no one ever followed me in a mall. I don’t recall any doors clicking when I crossed the street. And I never had anyone clutching their handbag when I got on an elevator. I guess having two awesome parents who taught me to be a respectful young man paid dividends.” – Allen West

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/07/21/allen-west-no-one-ever-followed-me-mall-or-clutched-their-bag-when-i-got-elevator

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »

The Buckeye Firearms Foundation Raises $12K To Buy George Zimmerman Guns & Security Systems (Update: Appears Massive Denial of Service Attack of Website)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/27/the-buckeye-firearms-foundation-raises-12k-to-buy-george-zimmerman-guns-security-systems-update-appears-massive-denial-of-service-attack-of-website/

An Ohio firearms group, the Buckeye Firearms Foundation, has raised $12,000 for George Zimmerman to be speant on guns and security systems. George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer, was found not guilty of murder and manslaughter earlier this month by a jury in the death of Trayvon Martin. However, since the verdict Zimmerman and his family have received countless death threats. This donation was also a reaction to Attorney General Eric Holder and the DOJ not giving Zimmerman’s gun back following his trial.  The check for $12,150.37 sent to George Zimmerman could also be used in his legal defense.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2013, 02:49:07 PM »

I only read page one of this thread and am posting as such.

I've been hearing of 'white' Hispanics since birth, maybe because I am one.  I do not believe racism is any worse or better with the advent of our current administration.  What is different at this time is only the light shed upon it.

I do believe George Zimmerman's act that evening was one of profiling and, hence, racist.  He believed that night because Trayvon was black he must have been doing something illegal, he must have been on drugs, and he must have needed to be followed so he wouldn't get away. 

A person can be on the fence about their own perceptions on people of color and differing cultures, they can even be kind to folks of other races, then suddenly their inner deeply help convictions that they hide regarding what other races are likely to be doing manifests. 

This could be in many forms...  Muslims are terrorists, Chinese eat cats, blacks are violent criminals, whites are judgmental egoists, priests prey on children, Hispanic males beat their wives, etc...

All of the above is racist.  It exists.  We are conditioned to believe these things and on many an occasion violence in word and deed arise from these beliefs.   

Lastly, because there was no concrete evidence that a murder occurred does not mean a murder did not happen.  We are all entitled to our opinion and I, like juror B29 (who would have no reason to lie) believes a murder took place the night Trayvon died.  Many people believe all the blame should rest on a teenage boy when IMO the blame rests on the shoulders of a grown man acting like a coward and an imbecile who knew he was following a teenager.  I could have predicted the outcome and George Zimmerman, with his training, should have predicted the outcome of his ridiculous actions that night. 

BTW, I am from the north and visit the southeast.  Just returned, in fact.  Saw some confederate flags.  Saw firsthand racism in action.  Witnessed the shallow interactions between some whites and blacks where tension underlies those smiles and pleasantries.  There is deep distrust. 

It exists.  Why not talks about it?  Why not get to a point where it can all be laid on the table and healed?  Just because I do not agree with everyone's opinion I would not automatically believe them to be disingenuous.  The status quo is not working and it evident, especially in the deep south. 

**Note that the above is not indicative of ALL whites, blacks, or any other race though there exists enough to warrant an examination of the current culture of our country and how we can improve and heal it.  I personally abhor both the denial and the extreme of either side as each only adds to the confusion, obfuscation and polarity of an issue that with only a little enlightenment and clarity could allow for great leaps forward for our country and us as Her people.   
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »

White Maryland Man Beaten & Robbed by Three Black Men in Racially Motivated Hate Crime Attack Who Yelled …“This Is For Trayvon!”

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/28/maryland-man-beaten-robbed-by-three-black-men-in-racially-motivated-hate-crime-attack-who-yelled-this-is-for-trayvon/

Just curious, had George Zimmerman been found guilty, would “White” Hispanics been assaulting blacks in revenge attacks yelling, This is for George?

The vigilante Trayvon Martin mob was at it again this weekend. A Bethesda, Maryland white man was beaten and robbed by three black men. The 28 year old white man was attacked in the 1700 block of Euclid Street, Northwest, in Adams Morgan in an obvious racially motivated, bias, hate crime. The three thugs yelled “This is for Trayvon” as they beat and kicked the man. Who really thinks that these thugs watched or have any concept of the evidence presented during the George Zimmerman murder trial?

A note to Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, President Obama, Eric Holder, the New Black Panther Party, the NAACP,  blacks, the MSM and Democrats … This is what a hate crime looks like where some one’s Civil Rights are violated!!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2013, 07:27:48 PM »

I am a victim’s advocate. The jury determined that the evidence implied GZ acted in self defense in an attack by TM ... an attack not anticipated. That makes GZ the victim.

Racism or "Stand Your Ground" was never alleged by the Prosecution.

When GZ’s injuries are considered and the lack of injuries other than the self-defense wound sustained by TM is considered … it appears that jurors believed that GZ was telling the truth regarding the tragic chain of events.

Nevertheless … I am not rejoicing that TM was killed. I wish with all my heart that TM had survived that fatal wound and … the incident would have been a wake-up call for this young man to turn his life around. I am positive that Zimmerman wishes likewise.

Janet

IN A NUTSHELL!!

MUST WATCH – Bill Whittle: The wretched lynching of George Zimmerman
The Right Scoop on July 20th, 2013

http://therightscoop.com/must-watch-bill-whittle-the-wretched-lynching-of-george-zimmerman/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.