March 18, 2024, 10:04:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin - NOT GUILTY #9 7/15/13  (Read 790520 times)
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »

I only read page one of this thread and am posting as such.

I've been hearing of 'white' Hispanics since birth, maybe because I am one.  I do not believe racism is any worse or better with the advent of our current administration.  What is different at this time is only the light shed upon it.

I do believe George Zimmerman's act that evening was one of profiling and, hence, racist.  He believed that night because Trayvon was black he must have been doing something illegal, he must have been on drugs, and he must have needed to be followed so he wouldn't get away. 

A person can be on the fence about their own perceptions on people of color and differing cultures, they can even be kind to folks of other races, then suddenly their inner deeply help convictions that they hide regarding what other races are likely to be doing manifests. 

This could be in many forms...  Muslims are terrorists, Chinese eat cats, blacks are violent criminals, whites are judgmental egoists, priests prey on children, Hispanic males beat their wives, etc...

All of the above is racist.  It exists.  We are conditioned to believe these things and on many an occasion violence in word and deed arise from these beliefs.   

Lastly, because there was no concrete evidence that a murder occurred does not mean a murder did not happen.  We are all entitled to our opinion and I, like juror B29 (who would have no reason to lie) believes a murder took place the night Trayvon died.  Many people believe all the blame should rest on a teenage boy when IMO the blame rests on the shoulders of a grown man acting like a coward and an imbecile who knew he was following a teenager.  I could have predicted the outcome and George Zimmerman, with his training, should have predicted the outcome of his ridiculous actions that night. 

BTW, I am from the north and visit the southeast.  Just returned, in fact.  Saw some confederate flags.  Saw firsthand racism in action.  Witnessed the shallow interactions between some whites and blacks where tension underlies those smiles and pleasantries.  There is deep distrust. 

It exists.  Why not talks about it?  Why not get to a point where it can all be laid on the table and healed?  Just because I do not agree with everyone's opinion I would not automatically believe them to be disingenuous.  The status quo is not working and it evident, especially in the deep south. 

**Note that the above is not indicative of ALL whites, blacks, or any other race though there exists enough to warrant an examination of the current culture of our country and how we can improve and heal it.  I personally abhor both the denial and the extreme of either side as each only adds to the confusion, obfuscation and polarity of an issue that with only a little enlightenment and clarity could allow for great leaps forward for our country and us as Her people.   

Very well said! You are one of the few people left around here who refuses to call someone who shoots an unarmed teenager a "victim." You have been a voice of reason throughout this sad spectacle, and I appreciate it very much.

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »

I only read page one of this thread and am posting as such.

I've been hearing of 'white' Hispanics since birth, maybe because I am one.  I do not believe racism is any worse or better with the advent of our current administration.  What is different at this time is only the light shed upon it.

I do believe George Zimmerman's act that evening was one of profiling and, hence, racist.  He believed that night because Trayvon was black he must have been doing something illegal, he must have been on drugs, and he must have needed to be followed so he wouldn't get away.  

A person can be on the fence about their own perceptions on people of color and differing cultures, they can even be kind to folks of other races, then suddenly their inner deeply help convictions that they hide regarding what other races are likely to be doing manifests.  

This could be in many forms...  Muslims are terrorists, Chinese eat cats, blacks are violent criminals, whites are judgmental egoists, priests prey on children, Hispanic males beat their wives, etc...

All of the above is racist.  It exists.  We are conditioned to believe these things and on many an occasion violence in word and deed arise from these beliefs.    

Lastly, because there was no concrete evidence that a murder occurred does not mean a murder did not happen.  We are all entitled to our opinion and I, like juror B29 (who would have no reason to lie) believes a murder took place the night Trayvon died.  Many people believe all the blame should rest on a teenage boy when IMO the blame rests on the shoulders of a grown man acting like a coward and an imbecile who knew he was following a teenager.  I could have predicted the outcome and George Zimmerman, with his training, should have predicted the outcome of his ridiculous actions that night.  

BTW, I am from the north and visit the southeast.  Just returned, in fact.  Saw some confederate flags.  Saw firsthand racism in action.  Witnessed the shallow interactions between some whites and blacks where tension underlies those smiles and pleasantries.  There is deep distrust.  

It exists.  Why not talks about it?  Why not get to a point where it can all be laid on the table and healed?  Just because I do not agree with everyone's opinion I would not automatically believe them to be disingenuous.  The status quo is not working and it evident, especially in the deep south.  

**Note that the above is not indicative of ALL whites, blacks, or any other race though there exists enough to warrant an examination of the current culture of our country and how we can improve and heal it.  I personally abhor both the denial and the extreme of either side as each only adds to the confusion, obfuscation and polarity of an issue that with only a little enlightenment and clarity could allow for great leaps forward for our country and us as Her people.  

Very well said! You are one of the few people left around here who refuses to call someone who shoots an unarmed teenager a "victim." You have been a voice of reason throughout this sad spectacle, and I appreciate it very much.

So you only have a voice of reason if you don't agree with the juries verdict?

Racism should only be discussed with adults. Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, et all are hardly adults without an agenda. Also, racism is not the #1 issue with blacks or the black community, It is only a convenient excuse for race-baiters. Black on black crime is the issue, but some how that never gets mentioned because the race-baiters can't divide and make money that way.

Sorry, but I am a firm believer in its all about the content of one's character, not the color of one's skin. This is hardly the case to talk about character because as sad as it is that Trayvon is dead as it is a tragedy that he is, but his character was highly questionable.

Another thing Sailcat, as I posted in the FP comments, you ever make a comment like that again and question me you will be gone. And I do not want to hear any excuses.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:36:03 PM by Red » Logged
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: July 28, 2013, 10:43:22 PM »

Very well said Red...this case is most definitely NOT one to remark on character.  I have to disagree that this was a case of racism UNTIL after Trayvon's death.  I happen to believe that I have a wonderful voice of reason too Smile  I cannot even post about it on FB...without my black "friends" bully me.  I do mean friends...they have been my friend for years and years...I NEVER looked at them by the color of their skin...I'm all about a person's character...lately the character is ridiculous.  And this may not be appropriate right now with the hostility...but why am I watching a commercial...www.blackpeoplemeet.com  Why are we still separating one another?  Yes, racism still exists.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2013, 12:04:58 AM »

Trayvon was not the only individual with actions that could be judged.  If character is an issue with the young Martin boy why is it no one here who agrees with the verdict has held Zimmerman accountable for any of his many, many questionable actions throughout his life? 

If my child did the things Zimmerman did I would be questioning what I did wrong.  I would be deeply ashamed of him.

To behave as if he graduated college knowing he did not?  Arrested for assault against an officer?  I don't care if it was dropped, that he was even arrested is a disgrace.  Working out and trying to learn how to fight in the ring after over a year and still not able to throw a punch or defend himself?  Lying to a judge about his assets?  Refusal to pay his debts, not once, not twice, but several times.  A restraining order request against him.  Unable to even become a police officer after years of trying.  Then, to top it all off, killing a teenage boy.  Going public and begging for money after doing so.

George Zimmerman has clear weakness of character and moral ineptitude. 

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2013, 12:12:29 AM »

Trayvon was not the only individual with actions that could be judged.  If character is an issue with the young Martin boy why is it no one here who agrees with the verdict has held Zimmerman accountable for any of his many, many questionable actions throughout his life? 

If my child did the things Zimmerman did I would be questioning what I did wrong.  I would be deeply ashamed of him.

To behave as if he graduated college knowing he did not?  Arrested for assault against an officer?  I don't care if it was dropped, that he was even arrested is a disgrace.  Working out and trying to learn how to fight in the ring after over a year and still not able to throw a punch or defend himself?  Lying to a judge about his assets?  Refusal to pay his debts, not once, not twice, but several times.  A restraining order request against him.  Unable to even become a police officer after years of trying.  Then, to top it all off, killing a teenage boy.  Going public and begging for money after doing so.

George Zimmerman has clear weakness of character and moral ineptitude. 

That was what I thought we were all talking about...the lack of character in this case...in its entirety. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2013, 01:25:43 AM »

I am a victim’s advocate. The jury determined that the evidence implied GZ acted in self defense in an attack by TM ... an attack not anticipated. That makes GZ the victim.

Racism or "Stand Your Ground" was never alleged by the Prosecution.  Why?

When GZ’s injuries are considered and the lack of injuries other than the self-defense wound sustained by TM is considered … it appears that jurors believed that GZ was telling the truth regarding the tragic chain of events.

Nevertheless … I am not rejoicing that TM was killed. I wish with all my heart that TM had survived that fatal wound and … the incident would have been a wake-up call for this young man to turn his life around. I am positive that Zimmerman wishes likewise.

Janet

IN A NUTSHELL!!

MUST WATCH – Bill Whittle: The wretched lynching of George Zimmerman
The Right Scoop on July 20th, 2013

http://therightscoop.com/must-watch-bill-whittle-the-wretched-lynching-of-george-zimmerman/

May 28, 2013
New Evidence Shows Trayvon’s Life Unraveling

Consider this exchange between Martin and a female friend on November 21, three months before his death. After he told her he was “tired and sore” from a fight, she asked him why he fought.

MARTIN: Cause man dat nigga snitched on me

FRIEND: Bae y you always fightinqq man, you got suspended?

MARTIN: Naw we thumped afta skool in a duckd off spot

FRIEND: Ohh, Well Damee

MARTIN: I lost da 1st round Sad but won da 2nd nd 3rd .

FRIEND: Ohhh So It Wass 3 Rounds? Damn well at least yu wonn lol but yuu needa stop fighting bae Forreal

MARTIN: Nay im not done with fool….. he gone hav 2 see me again

FRIEND: Nooo… Stop, yuu waint gonn bee satisified till yuh suspended again, huh?

MARTIN: Naw but he aint breed nuff 4 me, only his nose

On November 22, the day after the MMA-style fight, Martin told a friend that his mother “just kicked me out” and that he had to move in with his father. When the friend asked why, Martin answered, “Da police caught me outta skool.”
“U a hoodlum,” said the friend. “Naw,” said Martin. “I’m a gangsta.”

Incredibly, his death would transform this wannabe gangster into a saintly little boy, or, in the words of Florida State Attorney Angela Corey, a “precious victim.

Read more:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/05/new_evidence_shows_trayvons_life_unraveling.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2013, 08:50:03 AM »

It does not matter even if Zimmerman was the Grand Dragon of the KKK and Martin was leader of Al-Queada, the only illegal acts that night were commited by Martin.
 It is not a crime to be impolite to minorities  yet.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #247 on: July 29, 2013, 02:02:59 PM »

It does not matter even if Zimmerman was the Grand Dragon of the KKK and Martin was leader of Al-Queada, the only illegal acts that night were commited by Martin.
 It is not a crime to be impolite to minorities  yet.

That's your belief because you choose to believe the fairytales of a liar.

I choose to believe differently.  Murder is illegal and though it wasn't proven to the sitting jury it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

If Trayvon were a straight A shiny white boy and Zimmerman a black man it is my opinion your belief of what happened that night would be different.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: July 29, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »

Skinny white dope smoking gold tooth punk that stole things and bragged about fights? They need put down too.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2013, 02:47:40 PM »

Robert Zimmerman Warns that Civil Suit Against His George Zimmerman ‘Might not be very Flattering’ for Trayvon Martin’s Family

Could a civil trial against George Zimmerman by the family of Trayvon Martin be more problematic that a benefit?

Robert Zimmerman states that a civil suit brought against his brother George Zimmerman, in a wrongful death trial, could be very troubling to the family of Trayvon Martin and could lead to very unpleasant facts that were never a part of the criminal trial. The rules of evidence are much different in a civil trial than a criminal one and much of the evidence that was excluded from the second degree criminal trial where a jury found George Zimmerman not guilty, could be entered into evidence in a civil trial. Sometimes it’s best not to dig up all the fact that took place because they might not be very pretty and may not follow the narrative of a made up story by the media and prosecution of Trayvon Martin. We do not like to talk ill of the dead and the death of Trayvon Martin is a tragedy no matter how you look at it, but in the end, we can all agree that he was most likely not the angel that the media made him out to be. Why drag his past through another trial and open his entire life to cross-examination? I realize those that have hijacked this case don’t care, but is that what  the family of Trayvon Martin really want to do? Is “justice” really bringing up your child’s past to go after George Zimmerman because you feel wronged by a jury decision where there was no evidence to prove murder or manslaughter? That is the question that the family of Trayvon Martin will have to ask themselves.

Posted July 29, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/29/robert-zimmerman-warns-that-civil-suit-against-his-george-zimmerman-might-not-be-very-flattering-for-trayvon-martins-family/#comments

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »

What is wrong with this picture?  IF the background of one is relevant … it would go without saying that the background of BOTH Martin and Zimmerman would be relevant. There does appears to be a prosecution and judicial double standard regarding the submission of evidence?

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN

Judge allows George Zimmerman school records into evidence
July 3, 201

Judge Debra S. Nelson on Wednesday ruled in favor of a prosecution motion to admit Zimmerman’s school records, his job application to a Virginia police agency and his request to the Sanford police to go on a ride-along with officers.

Read more:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-george-zimmerman-murder-school-records-20130703,0,7831562.story
Judge Rules Whether Trayvon’s Alleged Past Drug Use And School Suspension Permitted In Zimmerman Trial
May 28th, 2013

During a pre-trial hearing Tuesday afternoon, a Florida judge ruled that George Zimmerman’s defense team cannot use the late Trayvon Martin’s alleged prior marijuana use, school suspension, past fighting, personal text messages or pictures during its opening statement in next month’s high-profile second-degree murder trial.

Read more:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/judge-rules-whether-trayvons-past-drug-use-and-school-suspension-permitted-in-zimmerman-trial/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-trayvon-martin-parents-news-conference-20130727,0,6440417.story
Trayvon Martin's parents to join National Bar for news conference today
July 29, 2013

Trayvon Martin's parents will make at least two public appearances this week as controversy continues following the not-guilty verdict in George Zimmerman's murder trial.

Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, along with their attorney Benjamin Crump, are set to join others for a news briefing at the National Bar Association's annual conference in South Florida this morning.

According to a statement from the National Bar, the legal community and civil rights leaders will address "inequalities in the U.S. Justice System," at the 9 a.m. conference.

Fulton and Tracy Martin are also expected to speak Friday during the National Association of Black Journalists conference in Kissimmee.

Rev. Al Sharpton will also be in attendance and will lead a session Thursday about coverage of the controversial case. That session includes Orlando Sentinel editor Mark Russell as a panelist.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: July 29, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »

Imagine if much of the evidence from Bill Whittle & ‘Afterburner’ … The Wretched Lynching of George Zimmerman … The MSM Participated in Criminal Fraud or Criminal Negligence was allowed to come into a civil trial?

Posted July 29, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/29/robert-zimmerman-warns-that-civil-suit-against-his-george-zimmerman-might-not-be-very-flattering-for-trayvon-martins-family/comment-page-1/#comment-4392930

+++++++

There was an agenda by the left from the getgo to portray George Zimmerman as a racist … the left and their major media network agents.

Zimmerman lawyer to move ‘asap’ against NBC News
Published: July 14 at 12:15 pm

Last night’s not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial will enable the neighborhood-watch volunteer to resume his case against NBC News for the mis-editing of his widely distributed call to police. Back in December, Zimmerman sued NBC Universal Media for defamation over the botched editing, which depicted him as a hardened racial profiler.

Here’s how NBC News, in a March 27, 2012, broadcast of the “Today” show, abridged the tape of Zimmerman’s comments to a police dispatcher on the evening of Feb. 26, 2012:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/07/14/zimmerman-lawyer-to-move-asap-against-nbc-news/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: July 29, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »

“Lean,” A New Hip High
Sep 29, 2006

<snipped>

It’s more than a drug; it’s a culture. It’s what’s known on the street as "Lean," a highly addictive cocktail of cough syrup, cold medicine, alcohol and candy — so potent it makes you "lean" over when high.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2006/09/lean_a_new_hip_/

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/25/warning-missed-sept-29th-2006-trayvon-martin-could-have-been-saved-but-no-one-noticed-he-was-just-like-thousands-of-other-children-from-detached-cultural-and-black-parenting/

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2013, 05:32:35 PM »

I wish people would stop tryin to make this case about race.    Sigh...

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »

Skinny white dope smoking gold tooth punk that stole things and bragged about fights? They need put down too.

In the court of law the victims past (and it is conjecture that Trayvon 'stole' anything) is generally considered off limits unless it relates directly to the facts of the case.  So conjecture about stealing or bragging about fighting would not be allowed.

That is generally not true of the defendant.  A defendants past is more readily allowed during a trial.

We may not like it but that is the way it's always been.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: July 29, 2013, 10:29:04 PM »

As far as Trayvon's past, even though it wasn't allowed in court...it still existed.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »

I wish people would stop tryin to make this case about race.    Sigh...

Yeah, but there is a payoff to keeping racism alive.  Unfortunately, MANY people want to keep it around.  But, I agree with you.  I'm so over it!  I don't recall hearing that George knew his skin color.  Anyway... 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »

“Do you know that Negroes are 10 percent of the population of St. Louis and are responsible for 58% of its crimes? We’ve got to face that. And we’ve got to do something about our moral standards,” DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. TOLD A CONGREGATION IN 1961. “We know that there are many things wrong in the white world, but there are many things wrong in the black world, too. We can’t keep on blaming the white man. There are things we must do for ourselves.”

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2013, 10:40:07 PM »

"There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well."

Booker T. Washington (1856-1915) - African American political leader, educator and author

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.