March 19, 2024, 04:02:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin - NOT GUILTY #9 7/15/13  (Read 790558 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:37 PM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-08-01/story/former-it-director-sues-state-attorney-angela-corey-wrongful-termination#.UfwsgdsR7fw.twitter
Former IT director sues State Attorney Angela Corey for wrongful termination
Posted August 1, 2013, Updated August 2, 2013

The former information technology director for State Attorney Angela Corey is suing for wrongful termination.

Ben Kruidbos sued Corey’s office Thursday saying he was illegally fired in June after he testified that prosecutors did not turn over all information to George Zimmerman’s defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

He is asking for $5 million or more in damages and his job back.

The lawsuit states Kruidbos could not be fired for testifying in a judicial proceeding in response to a subpoena. It also argues that the firing was retaliation for his testimony in the Zimmerman case.

“It’s important to understand that we’re not just saying my client was wrongfully terminated,” attorney Wesley White said. “We’re also saying that the state attorney broke the law.”

Florida law prohibits firing people for testifying in trials they’ve been subpoenaed to take part in, and that’s what Corey did to Kruidbos, White said.

The lawsuit should also send a message to Corey that she has no right to fire dedicated employees who are trying to do the right thing, White said.

The letter firing Kruidbos said he did a poor job overseeing the information technology department, violated public records law for retaining documents and noted he was questioned in March when the office was trying to determine who had leaked personnel information obtained through a computer breach.

It also said Kruidbos was not a lawyer and didn’t have the right to question the ethics and professionalism of the attorneys prosecuting the case.
More...

Comments (51 comments at time of posting above link at SM)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: August 03, 2013, 08:19:49 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/education/Verdict-in-Trayvon-Martin-cases-inspires-scholarship-at-Paul-Quinn-College-218188082.html
Verdict in Trayvon Martin case inspires scholarship at Paul Quinn College
August 2, 2013

Incensed by the legal protections that led to Zimmerman's acquittal for the killing of Trayvon Martin, Paul Quinn College, a historically black college in Southern Dallas, is offering the new $7,500 Scholarship for Social Justice to a student who shows potential to bring about change in the community and in the justice system.

"We're doing this because someone must stand up and say, 'No, not again - not ever again - and we are proud to be those people," Sorrell said.

Much of the funding comes from the Open Channels Group, a North Texas PR firm that specializes in multicultural communications. The outfit's president explains she couldn't just sit idly by after Trayvon Martin was killed and the shooter was acquitted.

"I just felt like, having a 7-year-old son, I needed to do something," said Open Channels Group PR President Tonya Veasey. "I think, like many parents, I tossed and turned at night wondering what it is I could do, and this is just the best way for being a part of the solution."

“I felt the best way to make a difference was to educate young black men and have them be a part of the justice system," Veasey added.

The college will begin taking applications for the Scholarship for Social Justice this fall.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: August 03, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/education/Verdict-in-Trayvon-Martin-cases-inspires-scholarship-at-Paul-Quinn-College-218188082.html
August 2, 2013

Incensed by the legal protections that led to Zimmerman's acquittal for the killing of Trayvon Martin, Paul Quinn College, a historically black college in Southern Dallas, is offering the new $7,500 Scholarship for Social Justice to a student who shows potential to bring about change in the community and in the justice system.

"We're doing this because someone must stand up and say, 'No, not again - not ever again - and we are proud to be those people," Sorrell said.

Much of the funding comes from the Open Channels Group, a North Texas PR firm that specializes in multicultural communications. The outfit's president explains she couldn't just sit idly by after Trayvon Martin was killed and the shooter was acquitted.

"I just felt like, having a 7-year-old son, I needed to do something," said Open Channels Group PR President Tonya Veasey. "I think, like many parents, I tossed and turned at night wondering what it is I could do, and this is just the best way for being a part of the solution."

“I felt the best way to make a difference was to educate young black men and have them be a part of the justice system," Veasey added.

The college will begin taking applications for the Scholarship for Social Justice this fall.

Video at Link

So, a white student need not apply.. I see...
First f all, there are no 'white' colleges that I am aware of, nor should there be. But if this was the case, that college would be sued for racism....double standard much?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: August 03, 2013, 07:51:11 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-trayvon-martin-stand-your-ground-20130803,0,4451621.story
George Zimmerman: Stand your ground will get committee hearing this fall
August 3, 2013

TAMPA — State House Speaker Will Weatherford says he'll ask a House committee to hold a hearing this fall on the state's controversial Stand Your Ground law.

The law has been heavily criticized since the July 13 not-guilty verdict in Seminole County for Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman, who claimed self-defense in the fatal shooing of unarmed, black Miami Gardens teen Trayvon Martin in Sanford in February 2012.

Weatherford's announcement, made in an opinion column published in The Tampa Tribune on Friday, is the first concrete move by the Republican majority in the Legislature toward considering changing the law, which has generated protests in the state's Capitol and calls from some Democrats for a special session of the Legislature to modify or repeal it.

The law also has drawn criticism of Florida among gun-control and civil-rights advocates nationwide, but Republicans and gun rights advocates have stanuchly defended it.

Weatherford, whose position as speaker makes him the most powerful member of the state House, said he'll ask Criminal Justice Subcommittee Chairman Matt Gaetz of Fort Walton Beach to hold a hearing on the law this fall.

That's not guaranteeing any changes, however.

"I don't expect that the Legislature's going to move one damn comma," Gaetz said.

Gaetz, who holds his chairmanship by Weatherford's appointment, said he'll hold the requested hearing and is working with committee member Rep. Kionne McGhee, D-Miami, on the schedule and format.

Legislative committee meetings in anticipation of the 2014 session begin the week of Sept. 23.
More...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: August 04, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »

Early on in the trial I made the personal decision not to watch the anti-Zimmerman bias that spew from the mouths of JVM and Nancy Grace as well as their race-baiting talking heads.

Janet

++++

Post-Zimmerman Murder Trial: CNN and HLN Sink Like a Rock … CNN Drops 32% in Viewership and HLN Falls 50%

The reason why CNN and HLN lost viewers is simple. It is the same reason why they gained them. Both networks devoted much of their air time to a news story that many people wanted to watch. Obviously people were going to tune in to the daily trial and then watch the follow up of the pundits discussing the days activities, jury testimony, evidence presented, hosts opinions, guest analysis and court room antics. It only makes sense that when the carnival comes to town, people attend. However, when it is over, so is the viewership. People were interested in the trial, not post trial. That always happens when ever any big time trial plays on on TV. When the trial is over, the networks viewership sinks back to what they previously were prior to the inflated one’s caused by the trial in the first place. No matter the fact that Nancy Grace, Jane Velez-Mitchell, CNN and HLN wanted to cling on to their new found ratings even after the trial was over was not going to happen. In the end, it is simply a matter of supply and demand.

Posted August 4, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/08/04/post-zimmerman-murder-trial-cnn-and-hln-sink-like-a-rock-cnn-drops-32-in-viewership-and-hln-falls-50/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2013, 12:09:30 PM »

August 2, 2013

Video at Link

So, a white student need not apply.. I see...
First f all, there are no 'white' colleges that I am aware of, nor should there be. But if this was the case, that college would be sued for racism....double standard much?

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/8/2/george_zimmerman_def.html

George Zimmerman defense attorney Don West reflects on ice cream photo
Last Updated: Sunday, August 04, 2013, 6:44 AM

ORLANDO --
In the day of social media, it just takes a keystroke to have something go viral, which is what happened to a picture of Don West and his daughters having ice cream at the end of the day during the George Zimmerman trial.

West explained the ice cream treat was a long-standing family tradition.

He admitted that it was he who took the picture because he “had the longest arm.”

His daughter posted it online several days later with a comment many construed as an observation on the trial, specifically the evidence and a witness.

West called it unfortunate and said it was done without his knowledge or approval.

He said he talked to his daughter who he described as mortified.

West went on to say that if his daughter does owe someone an apology, she will, and he has encouraged her to apologize, something that couldn’t be done during the trial.

West said he had no regrets about taking the Zimmerman case.

“I’ve loved every minute of it and hated lots of it at the same time.”

In the courtroom, West’s demeanor was low and deliberate on purpose.

With a smile, he said he’s just slow, but added that it takes him a while to process what’s being said and when he speaks, he wants to be accurate and precise and know what’s he’s talking about.

West said he does get angry in the courtroom, but he feels it shows a loss of control, which he said is important for any courtroom lawyer to maintain.

Looking back at the Zimmerman trial, his frustration was clearly evident at times. He said a lot of the case seemed “surreal.”

At times, West and Judge Debra Nelson seemed at odds and he was admonished a time or two.

He maintains that it came to a point where it didn’t really matter whether he and the judge were getting along and they were “chums.”

He had a job to do, West said, and whether he was liked at that moment was less important that standing up and doing that job.

West shared his views on race relations and his opinion that race did not have a role in the trial in an extended interview you can watch by clicking the link under the “Video Stories” headline.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »

Early on in the trial I made the personal decision not to watch the anti-Zimmerman bias that spew from the mouths of JVM and Nancy Grace as well as their race-baiting talking heads.

Janet

++++

Post-Zimmerman Murder Trial: CNN and HLN Sink Like a Rock … CNN Drops 32% in Viewership and HLN Falls 50%

The reason why CNN and HLN lost viewers is simple. It is the same reason why they gained them. Both networks devoted much of their air time to a news story that many people wanted to watch. Obviously people were going to tune in to the daily trial and then watch the follow up of the pundits discussing the days activities, jury testimony, evidence presented, hosts opinions, guest analysis and court room antics. It only makes sense that when the carnival comes to town, people attend. However, when it is over, so is the viewership. People were interested in the trial, not post trial. That always happens when ever any big time trial plays on on TV. When the trial is over, the networks viewership sinks back to what they previously were prior to the inflated one’s caused by the trial in the first place. No matter the fact that Nancy Grace, Jane Velez-Mitchell, CNN and HLN wanted to cling on to their new found ratings even after the trial was over was not going to happen. In the end, it is simply a matter of supply and demand.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/08/04/post-zimmerman-murder-trial-cnn-and-hln-sink-like-a-rock-cnn-drops-32-in-viewership-and-hln-falls-50/

I stopped watching their shows as much too. Especially JVM

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2013, 05:38:22 PM »

Janet

++++

I stopped watching their shows as much too. Especially JVM

.... and JVM is Hispanic.

Cookie ... it was obvious that JVM and Nancy Grace caved to a CNN race-baiting bias throughout their respective coverage of the GZ trial.  Think about it.  Love them or hate them ... most trial coverages ... missing persons' suspects/investigations ... find JVM and Nancy Grace on the same side as the majority of Monkeys.  I am done with both of them and ... the GZ trial coverage is the reason.

Janet

++++++

Following the George Zimmerman murder trial, both CNN and HLN plummet back down to earth as CNN drops 32% in viewership and HLN falls 50%.

Obviously networks that devoted time to the George Zimmerman murder trial were going to see a gain in viewership during the trial. Both CNN and HLN did so. CNN showed the trial during the day, although many individuals most likely watched the live feeds on the internet from local Florida media. HLN also devoted a lot of time during the Zimmerman trial because many of their shows are crime related. It only made sense that their ratings would have increased, much the same they did during the Casey Anthony murder trail. I actually have to disagree, for one of the few times, with Breitbart’s analysis of the loss of viewership following the Zimmerman trial. The reason why CNN and HLN experienced a severe drop in viewership was not because of Nancy Grace and her anti-Zimmerman sentiment or that CNN lost viewers because of their refusal to call Zimmerman a Hispanic. It was not because many of the hosts and guests openly rooted against Zimmerman or continued to falsely call the murder of Trayvon Martin a racial hate crime. This was not a case of losing viewers during the trial, it was not until after. ....

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/08/04/post-zimmerman-murder-trial-cnn-and-hln-sink-like-a-rock-cnn-drops-32-in-viewership-and-hln-falls-50/#comments

_____

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »

Now most of the time I only watch the news to get a basic idea what I need to check further into. I then try to find the entire interview or testimony.
 For seeing a total difference watch Cspan and then see what gets shown at 6.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2013, 07:41:37 PM »

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/nabj-elects-bob-butler-president

NABJ Elects Bob Butler President
August 4, 2013

Bob Butler, a multimedia reporter at KCBS radio in San Francisco and two-term vice president/broadcast of the National Association of Black Journalists, was elected president of the organization Friday as members learned that NABJ ran a deficit in 2012 and that its finance committee projected one for 2013 as well.

Also at the convention, the parents of slain black Florida teenager Trayvon Martin said they "took the negative and tried to turn it into a positive" after volunteer night watchman George Zimmerman was acquitted of all charges last month after shooting their unarmed 17-year-old son.

"With a guilty verdict everything would be stopped," said Sabrina Fulton, Trayvon's mother. "But now the story goes on. There are a number of things we can do. Just the fact that so many people united during the rallies. Just the fact that people are talking about the case leads to something positive."

Trayvon's father, Tracy Martin, said he wants "to make sure Trayvon's legacy lives on" so that 30 or 40 years from now, people will say that laws were changed in his name.

Deggans, who will become NPR's first television critic, told Journal-isms he intends to stay in Tampa for two years and then relocate to NPR's Los Angeles studios. He has contributed commentary to the network and now will become one of its few black male voices. Deggans also heads the Media Monitoring Committee of the National Association of Black Journalists.

"He brought his deft understanding of media to NPR's coverage of the Trayvon Martin case and the relationship between TV and real-world violence, and has also contributed to NPR’s race, ethnicity and culture blog Code Switch," the release continued.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: August 04, 2013, 08:12:20 PM »

It has been surprisingly quiet lately about Trayvon.  Not much from Al or Jessie...
What do u all think?
I think that the people complaining about al Sharpton and Jessie being  race baiters, especially by some black commentators has quieted the racist al and Jessie. Hope so.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2013, 08:35:04 PM »

It has been surprisingly quiet lately about Trayvon.  Not much from Al or Jessie...
What do u all think?
I think that the people complaining about al Sharpton and Jessie being  race baiters, especially by some black commentators has quieted the racist al and Jessie. Hope so.

I somehow suspect that a Federal civil suit against GZ is not going to happen.  Evidence against TM that implies he was not an innocent child on his way home from the stores after buying candy when he encountered GZ may be presented by the defence ... evidence that the Judge would not allow into the trial.

Janet

++++++

Imagine if much of the evidence from Bill Whittle & ‘Afterburner’ … The Wretched Lynching of George Zimmerman … The MSM Participated in Criminal Fraud or Criminal Negligence was allowed to come into a civil trial?

Posted July 29, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/29/robert-zimmerman-warns-that-civil-suit-against-his-george-zimmerman-might-not-be-very-flattering-for-trayvon-martins-family/comment-page-1/#comment-4392930

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: August 04, 2013, 08:37:52 PM »

Bill Whittle & ‘Afterburner’ … The Wretched Lynching of George Zimmerman … The MSM Participated in Criminal Fraud or Criminal Negligence

Posted July 23, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/23/bill-whittle-afterburner-the-wretched-lynching-of-george-zimmerman-the-msm-participated-in-criminal-fraud-or-criminal-negligence/

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

ZIMMERMAN VERDICT PART 9: THE PROPAGANDA FACTOR
Sunday, July 28th, 2013  by Mas

Something similar happened in the Zimmerman case. The family of the deceased, understandably filled with grief and anger that their unarmed son had been shot to death by a man never arrested for it, hired Attorney Benjamin Crump. Crump in turn brought in a high-powered public relations firm associated with left wing political causes, as reported by the Washington Post: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-04-12/lifestyle/35450681_1_trayvon-martin-story-george-zimmerman-unarmed-teenager .

The story fed to the press would outrage anyone…and, predictably, it outraged everyone. The family provided a picture of Trayvon at age 12 or 13, which the media ran with the ugliest picture of Zimmerman they could find. The meme of a huge armed adult “stalking” a “helpless child” was born fully grown, to a Godzilla-like size.  It loomed over America unopposed. The investigating officers and the State’s Attorney’s Office knew that the evidence showed something else: Zimmerman attacked by Martin, who towered over him, beat him to the ground, clearly smacked his head into the concrete, and might have even gone for his gun. But cops and good lawyers don’t try their cases in the press, and no voice rose loud enough with the facts to drown out the roar of the fantasy.

We can only imagine Zimmerman’s own emotional turmoil at that time. Like many Americans in their twenties, he was not yet fixed on a career and far from his peak earning years: the cost of hiring attorneys must have been terribly intimidating.  He did not stay in touch with his original attorney, Craig Sonner – who, I thought, had an excellent grasp of the case and would have done very well for him – and Sonner and his co-counsel had nothing to work with. By the time Zimmerman had retained Mark O’Mara, the false perception had become a national reality.  While O’Mara did an excellent job of trying to get the truth to the public, it was too late: his voice was simply drowned out by the media’s “all Trayvon, all the time” crusade against his client.

---------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massad_Ayoob

Massad F. Ayoob (born 20 July 1948) is an internationally-known firearms and self-defense instructor. He has taught police techniques and civilian self-defense to both law enforcement officers and private citizens in numerous venues since 1974. He was the director of the Lethal Force Institute (LFI) in Concord, New Hampshire from 1981 to 2009, and now directs the Massad Ayoob Group (MAG).[1] Ayoob has appeared as an expert witness in several trials. He has served as a part-time police officer in New Hampshire since 1972 and holds the rank of Captain in the Grantham, New Hampshire police department.[2]
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2013, 01:25:31 AM »

What do u all think?

He's still around...

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/8/1/rev_al_sharpton_repe.html
Al Sharpton talks Trayvon at NABJ conference in Kissimmee
Last Updated: Friday, August 02, 2013, 7:16 AM

Now, he says, he’s focusing on the Stand Your Ground law.

Zimmerman’s defense team didn’t use Stand Your Ground, but Sharpton says the law violates civil rights and needs to be repealed.

“There’s been a Trayvon Martin amendment that has been introduced here in Tallahassee to amend the Stand Your Ground Law until we can totally wipe it out,” said Sharpton.

The George Zimmerman trial will continue to be a focal point in the conference this week as Trayvon Martin’s mother Sybrina Fulton is scheduled to be a keynote speaker on Friday.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2013, 11:13:28 AM »

George Zimmerman's lawyer thanks Ohio gun group for $12,000 check
August 05, 2013

George Zimmerman’s attorney has formally thanked the Buckeye Firearms Foundation for the $12,150.37 check the Ohio gun rights group mailed to the exonerated Florida “stand your ground” man.

Mark M. O’Mara of Orlando said the money would be forwarded directly to Zimmerman “to replace items necessary for him to protect himself and also to accomplish security systems for his house.”

<snipped>

http://dispatchpolitics.dispatch.com/content/blogs/the-daily-briefing/2013/08/050813---zimmerman-gets-his.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: August 05, 2013, 08:20:16 PM »

Same thing!!!  I don't think so.

Janet

+++++

Oprah To NBC: Trayvon Martin’s Killing ‘In My Mind, Same Thing’ As Emmett Till’s
August 5th, 2013

In an exclusive interview for The Grio, NBCUniversal’s African-American news and opinion website, Oprah Winfrey weighed in with her unvarnished thoughts on the killing of Trayvon Martin and the acquittal of George Zimmerman. Winfrey said that, in her mind, Martin’s murder and that of Emmett Till in 1955 – whose killers were also acquitted – were the “same thing.” ....

“Let me just tell you: in my mind, same thing,” Winfrey said. “But, you can stuck in that and not allow yourself to move forward and to see how far we’ve come.”
The 14-year-old Till was murdered by a group of white men in 1955 after he was reportedly “flirting” with a white woman. Till’s killers were acquitted for their role in the teen’s slaying, though they later admitted to their involvement in the murder.

<snipped>

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oprah-to-nbc-trayvon-martins-killing-in-my-mind-same-thing-as-emmett-till%E2%80%99s/

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: August 05, 2013, 08:27:50 PM »

Not at all the same thing....not even close...

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #339 on: August 05, 2013, 09:11:08 PM »

Not at all the same thing....not even close...

I agree not even in the close to being the same thing. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.