March 18, 2024, 11:33:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin - NOT GUILTY #9 7/15/13  (Read 790530 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: December 09, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmermans-girlfriend-drop-charges/story?id=21153527
George Zimmerman's Girlfriend Wants to Drop Charges, 'Be With Him'
December 9, 2013

Interesting comments, imo.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: December 09, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-zimmerman-girlfriend-wants-charges-dropped-20131209,0,6786314.story

George Zimmerman's girlfriend wants charges dropped, motion says
By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
5:19 p.m. EST, December 9, 2013

George Zimmerman's girlfriend — who authorities said accused him of pointing a shotgun at her — no longer wants him to be prosecuted, and wants to resume their relationship, according a new motion.

A sworn statement attributed to the girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe, was attached to a motion by Zimmerman's lawyer seeking to modify the conditions of Zimmerman's bond in his domestic violence case.

In the statement, Scheibe says she felt "intimidated" when police questioned her about the Nov. 18 incident that led to Zimmerman's arrest. She adds that she "may have misspoken."

"I want to be with George," Scheibe says in the statement, adding later: "I do not want George Zimmerman charged. I make this decision freely, knowingly and voluntarily," and without coercion, she says.

She says that she and Zimmerman had an "argument," but Zimmerman "never pointed a gun at or toward my face in a threatening manner."

The Scheibe statement also says that she was more intimidated by the law enforcement officers who investigated the case than Zimmerman.

"I was not allowed to call an attorney nor was I allowed to eat or drink anything for a very long time," she says, adding that police "misinterpreted" her Zimmerman's arrest report.

"Further, I request that the Seminole County State Attorney's Office not be allowed to harass me because I do not with to take part in any prosecution of this case on behalf of the State," the statement concludes.

Chris White, lead prosecutor in Seminole County, said he learned of Scheibe's change of heart today.

He said his office would evaluate her affidavit and decide later this week whether to push forward with the case or abandon it.

The motion by Zimmerman's attorney Jayne Weintraub asks for Zimmerman's judge to allow contact with Scheibe "anywhere, including her residence."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: December 09, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »

Documents at the link:   Defendant's Motion to Modify Conditions of Pretrial Release (GZ) and Affidavit (SS)

*BLOCKED*/media/acrobat/2013-12/149105120-09141553.pdf

The Documents are also available at the following link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-zimmerman-girlfriend-wants-charges-dropped-20131209,0,6786314.story
George Zimmerman's girlfriend wants charges dropped, motion says
5:19 p.m. EST, December 9, 2013
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #623 on: December 10, 2013, 06:59:59 AM »

I speculate that he wants to go home for Christmas, and he can't, because of the doo-dad, on his ankle.

If his fam live in another State (speculation) he may not to go home for the Holidays.

Is his daddy, trying to per$uade her, to order to change her mind?  IMO

Or is Mr. T, fed up with (babysitting) his buddy? 

This is all speculation and opinions

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: December 11, 2013, 06:22:43 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-charges-dropped-20131211,0,4314773.story

George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute, prosecutor says
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
6:03 p.m. EST, December 11, 2013

George Zimmerman's latest brush with the criminal justice system ended Wednesday, when State Attorney Phil Archer announced that Zimmerman will not face charges in a domestic incident last month.

In a statement Wednesday, Archer said the Seminole County Sheriff's Office had probable cause to arrest Zimmerman after Scheibe called 911 and reported Zimmerman was armed and behaving threateningly.

"However, upon reviewing the recent affidavit... and taking into account the conflicting statements about what occurred, the failure to cooperate with the ongoing investigation, and a lack of any other corroborating evidence or witnesses, there is no reasonable likelihood of successful prosecution," said Archer, the top prosecutor for Seminole and Brevard counties.

After prosecutors declined to file charges, Zimmerman was released from his bond conditions. That means he can once again possess guns and he'll no longer have to stay away from Scheibe or wear a GPS device.

Zimmerman's south Florida attorney, Jayne Weintraub, credited Archer and Assistant State Attorney Christopher White, who she said did the right thing in light of the Scheibe affidavit.

"They discussed with me their concerns, I discussed with them our view... that they would not be able to have a sustainable case," she said.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #625 on: December 13, 2013, 09:17:17 AM »

Bad boy wears Teflon, eh?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: December 13, 2013, 06:02:27 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/13/trayvon-martin-parents-book-_n_4441894.html

Trayvon Martin's Parents Planning To Release Book On Their Son's Death, Zimmerman Trial And More
Posted: 12/13/2013 5:18 pm EST

After spending more than a year at the center of one of the country's biggest news stories, Trayvon Martin's parents are planning to release a book about their son, his death, his shooter's trial and more.

According to The New York Times, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin met with publishing executives to discuss a book chronicling their journey since Trayvon's death in February 2012.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: December 16, 2013, 10:05:10 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-omara-complaint-20131216,0,3523757.story

O'Mara faces Florida Bar complaint about Zimmerman case
6:36 p.m. EST, December 16, 2013

Orlando attorney Mark O'Mara, who took on George Zimmerman as a client in one of the nation's most high-profile murder trials and won his acquittal, is now the subject of an ethics complaint for how he handled the case.

Few details are available, including who filed the complaint and what allegations O'Mara is facing, but The Florida Bar on Monday confirmed that its staff is investigating a complaint and has made no determination as to whether O'Mara should face possible discipline.

O'Mara would not comment.

During the lead-up to the trial, O'Mara and West complained about the conduct of prosecutors, especially Bernie de la Rionda, accusing him of hiding evidence. De la Rionda lodged a similar counterclaim with the trial judge, Debra S. Nelson in Sanford, but she has taken no final action on either set of allegations.

The Florida Bar said Monday that neither de la Rionda nor co-counsel John Guy currently face ethics complaints related to the Zimmerman case.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: December 17, 2013, 01:38:44 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-puts-painting-ebay-bids-rise-thousands-article-1.1549778

George Zimmerman lists painting on eBay to tens of thousands of dollars in bids
Published: Monday, December 16, 2013, 7:31 PM
Updated: Monday, December 16, 2013, 10:51 PM

Ebay

George Zimmerman is taking eBay by storm while armed with only a paintbrush.

Bidding wars over an original painting crafted by the former neighborhood cop is raising tens of thousands of dollars in just its first few hours listed for sale.

The signed painting of a blue American flag was listed Monday with a starting bid of $50 before skyrocketing to more than $99,000 while under the username 'theRealGeorgeZ.'

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #629 on: December 18, 2013, 08:49:50 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-puts-painting-ebay-bids-rise-thousands-article-1.1549778

George Zimmerman lists painting on eBay to tens of thousands of dollars in bids
Published: Monday, December 16, 2013, 7:31 PM
Updated: Monday, December 16, 2013, 10:51 PM

Ebay

George Zimmerman is taking eBay by storm while armed with only a paintbrush.

Bidding wars over an original painting crafted by the former neighborhood cop is raising tens of thousands of dollars in just its first few hours listed for sale.

The signed painting of a blue American flag was listed Monday with a starting bid of $50 before skyrocketing to more than $99,000 while under the username 'theRealGeorgeZ.'

Is Z aware that the IRS reads E-bay, too? 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: December 18, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/national/south/2013/12/zimmermans_former_attorney_unfazed_by_bar_inquiry

Zimmerman's former attorney unfazed by bar inquiry
Tuesday, December 17, 2013

ORLANDO, Fla. — The attorney who helped get George Zimmerman acquitted of murder charges said Tuesday that he expects an ethics inquiry opened by the Florida Bar will find nothing wrong in how he handled a defense fund and social media during the case.

Mark O'Mara said on his website that the inquiry was opened before the trial when his office contacted the bar for advice on how it should go about managing the fund and website it set up to assist it in Zimmerman's second-degree murder case in the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

The issue was deferred until after the trial and O'Mara said he is "certain that matter will be closed shortly, and that the conclusion will suggest that we handled these new and novel approaches in an appropriate and ethical way."

Florida bar spokeswoman Francine Walker said in an email that the complaint was at the "staff investigation level" and that she couldn't provide further information due to confidentiality rules.

O'Mara said everything his office did regarding the defense fund and on social media was transparent from the start.

"The Florida Bar opened an inquiry, which included very specific questions regarding our policies for each and how we were conducting ourselves," O'Mara said in the statement. "We responded promptly and to The Florida Bar's satisfaction, and the entire matter was deferred until after the trial. Although no further action has been taken since the verdict, the file has remained open."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: December 22, 2013, 09:53:04 PM »

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/22/george-zimmerman-painting-apparently-worth-100099-99/

George Zimmerman Painting Apparently Worth $100,099.99
Dec. 22, 2013

The oil painting George Zimmerman put up for sale on eBay last week is officially off the market. After bidding closed Saturday, the artwork fetched a cool $100,099.99.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: December 27, 2013, 03:13:42 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-wife-crash-20131227,0,5693431.story

George Zimmerman's wife injured in Winter Park crash
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
2:16 p.m. EST, December 27, 2013

George Zimmerman's estranged wife was taken to a local hospital after a crash in Winter Park on Friday, according to the Winter Park Police Department.

Initial indications were that Shellie Zimmerman was turning onto Aloma Avenue from Phelps Avenue when her car was struck, a police spokesman said.

Police suspect the other driver ran a red light and was driving while under the influence. He was being processed for arrest on Friday afternoon, police said.

Shellie Zimmerman was taken to a local hospital. Police said she complained of a foot injury, and also appeared to have suffered other, superficial injuries.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: December 27, 2013, 03:19:40 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/shellie-zimmerman-injured-in-dui-crash-in-winter-park/-/1637132/23669656/-/qsydd1z/-/index.html

Shellie Zimmerman injured in DUI crash in Winter Park
Published On: Dec 27 2013 01:56:19 PM EST   Updated On: Dec 27 2013 02:02:52 PM EST

Shellie Zimmerman was taken to Winter Park Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after the crash, which occurred around 11:15 a.m. Friday near Aloma and Phelps avenues.

Winter Park police said Zimmerman suffered abrasions from the air bag.  Details about any other possible injuries were not released

A passenger in the car, described as a female friend, was also taken to the hospital.

Details about the crash have not yet been released, but Winter Park police said both vehicles sustained serious damage.

The driver of the other car was arrested on suspicion of DUI.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: December 30, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »

GOOD GRIEF ... Y'ALL SEEN THIS?

“Sacrilege” and an “Abomination” … Claremont United Methodist Church in California Replaces Baby Jesus in Nativity Scene with Bloody, Hooded Trayvon Martin (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/12/30/sacrilege-and-an-abomination-claremont-united-methodist-church-in-california-replaces-baby-jesus-in-nativity-scene-with-bloody-hooded-trayvon-martin-video/

The Claremont United Methodist Church, about 30 miles east of Los Angeles, California, and John Zachary, the individual behind the “artistic interpretation,”  has managed to infuriate many with their depiction of the Nativity scene this Christmas season by replacing the baby Jesus with Trayvon Martin. Yup … because some how I get the two of them confused all off the time. I just have two words, “Sacrilege” and an “Abomination”!!! All in the name of “artistic interpretation” these fools have managed to desecrate the Birth of Christ by replacing the innocence of the Baby Jesus, the son of God, Our Savior with the hoody-wearing, Trayvon Martin, slumped over, shot in the chest with blood pouring out on to the ground. UNREAL. Wow, because some how Trayvon Martin is supposed to symbolize the innocence of a child, really? Who knew the drug using, pot smoking, middle finger displaying, gun carrying, school skipping, gangsta fightin’ thug was so innocent.

One does not even know where to begin here. In the name of “social justice” they would do such sacrilege. But such things are perfectly okay, because while defaming the birth of Christ, there is a liberal message. You can poke others in the eye, but then cry foul when there is an overwhelming negative response. In the past,  Zachary has depicted Mary and Joseph as a modern-day homeless couple; as Mexicans stopped by the U.S.-Mexico border fence; as Iraq War refugees; and in 2010, just Mary by herself, as a black woman in prison with her baby. What, you mean that they have not portrayed Mary and Joseph as Michelle and Barack Obama? Or is that next year?

The difference between this and the Duck Dynasty controversy is that one was actually referencing scripture, this is just an interpretation meant to provoke people. Not thought provoking ... just plain provoke.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:53:56 AM by Red » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #635 on: December 31, 2013, 12:59:31 AM »

GOOD GRIEF ... Y'ALL SEEN THIS?

“Sacrilege” and an “Abomination” … Claremont United Methodist Church in California Replaces Baby Jesus in Nativity Scene with Bloody, Hooded Trayvon Martin (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/12/30/sacrilege-and-an-abomination-claremont-united-methodist-church-in-california-replaces-baby-jesus-in-nativity-scene-with-bloody-hooded-trayvon-martin-video/

The Claremont United Methodist Church, about 30 miles east of Los Angeles, California, and John Zachary, the individual behind the “artistic interpretation,”  has managed to infuriate many with their depiction of the Nativity scene this Christmas season by replacing the baby Jesus with Trayvon Martin. Yup … because some how I get the two of them confused all off the time. I just have two words, “Sacrilege” and an “Abomination”!!! All in the name of “artistic interpretation” these fools have managed to desecrate the Birth of Christ by replacing the innocence of the Baby Jesus, the son of God, Our Savior with the hoody-wearing, Trayvon Martin, slumped over, shot in the chest with blood pouring out on to the ground. UNREAL. Wow, because some how Trayvon Martin is supposed to symbolize the innocence of a child, really? Who knew the drug using, pot smoking, middle finger displaying, gun carrying, school skipping, gangsta fightin’ thug was so innocent.

One does not even know where to begin here. In the name of “social justice” they would do such sacrilege. But such things are perfectly okay, because while defaming the birth of Christ, there is a liberal message. You can poke others in the eye, but then cry foul when there is an overwhelming negative response. In the past,  Zachary has depicted Mary and Joseph as a modern-day homeless couple; as Mexicans stopped by the U.S.-Mexico border fence; as Iraq War refugees; and in 2010, just Mary by herself, as a black woman in prison with her baby. What, you mean that they have not portrayed Mary and Joseph as Michelle and Barack Obama? Or is that next year?

The difference between this and the Duck Dynasty controversy is that one was actually referencing scripture, this is just an interpretation meant to provoke people. Not thought provoking ... just plain provoke.

ITA.  I saw it Red, I was appalled.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #636 on: December 31, 2013, 09:55:46 PM »

It was sacrilegious and offensive. 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: January 22, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-mark-omara-named-criminal-trial-lawyer-of-year-20140122,0,2875580.post

Mark O'Mara named national criminal trial lawyer of year
9:09 a.m. EST, January 22, 2014

More acclaim for Orlando attorney Mark O'Mara. The National Trial Lawyers  named him the national criminal trial lawyer of the year.

O'Mara last year represented George Zimmerman, who was acquitted in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Gloria Allred received a life achievement award from the National Trial Lawyers group, which is meeting in Miami Beach. O'Mara picked up his prize Monday at the group's awards luncheon.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: January 22, 2014, 07:06:32 PM »

A photo of the new painting is at the link.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-new-painting-20140122,0,4332100.story

George Zimmerman's new painting: State Attorney Angela Corey
6:21 p.m. EST, January 22, 2014

The special prosecutor who charged George Zimmerman with second-degree murder in the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin is the subject of his latest painting, according to a photo posted on Twitter by Zimmerman's brother.

Robert Zimmerman Jr. said details on the sale of Zimmerman's painting of State Attorney Angela Corey would be made available on Thursday. George Zimmerman sold a previous painting on eBay, with a winning bid of $100,099.99.

The new painting is an image of Corey gesturing with her finger and thumb together, under the words "I have this much respect for the American judicial system." The painting is titled "Angie," Robert Zimmerman Jr. tweeted Wednesday.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #639 on: January 24, 2014, 01:21:44 PM »

He should thank his lucky stars to be a free man.  I would not instigate or make stink, if I were him.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.