March 28, 2024, 10:49:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin - NOT GUILTY #9 7/15/13  (Read 791506 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2013, 07:51:26 PM »

Why should the President get involved any more thn he already has in this case?
He better not or he will get himself in a heap of  backlash.
There is a survey on twitter asking if Obama should get involved and I think it was 91% said NO!

If I can find the survey, I'll do my best to make it 92%.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2013, 08:25:04 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/18/protesters-upset-with-verdict-in-zimmerman-trial-remaining-in-fla-state-capitol/
Protesters upset with verdict in Zimmerman trial remaining in Fla. State Capitol for 3rd night
July 18, 2013

TALLAHASSEE, FLA. –  Protesters upset with the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial are refusing to leave the Florida State Capitol for a third straight night.

Activists say they will remain in the Capitol until Gov. Rick Scott meets their demand to have legislators revamp the state's self-defense laws.

Scott, a Republican, has been out of town and has said no to a special session. He also has said he does not see a reason to revisit Florida's "stand your ground" law.

The Capitol Police so far has been allowing the group to remain in the building hallways overnight.

The group is upset that Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the 2012 shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/07/18/charles_barkley_on_zimmerman_trial_i_agree_with_the_verdict.html
Charles Barkley On Zimmerman Trial: "I Agree With The Verdict"
July 18, 2013

Video at link.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2013, 08:36:36 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/07/18/Jesse-Jackson-Calls-To-Boycott-Florida-as-Apartheid-State
JESSE JACKSON: 'INCLINATION' TO TREAT FLORIDA AS 'APARTHEID STATE'
July 18, 2013

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2013, 08:38:23 PM »

July 18, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 2h
DOJ to Sanford police: Don't return #Zimmerman's gun while we're investigating | Story: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-gun-20130718,0,2431785.story … Via @ReneStutzman

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2013, 08:40:42 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-gun-20130718,0,2431785.story
DOJ: Don't return gun to George Zimmerman while we're investigating
July 18, 2013

Following a request from the FBI, the Sanford Police Department reported Thursday that it has halted its plan to return George Zimmerman's gun and other pieces of evidence used at his murder trial.

The move is a clear sign that the U.S. Department of Justice is moving ahead with its investigation into whether the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer violated the civil rights of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed black 17-year-old he shot in Sanford last year.

Zimmerman was acquitted Saturday by a six-member Seminole County Jury, a decision that has prompted demonstrations in Sanford, Orlando and major cities across the U.S., including violence in Oakland and Los Angeles.

Zimmerman told police he killed Trayvon in self-defense after the Miami Gardens high school junior knocked him to the ground and broke his nose with one punch then climbed on top and began pounding his head against a sidewalk.

Jurors found Zimmerman not guilty of second-degree murder or manslaughter. During their 16 hours of deliberations, they had access to all of the 250-plus pieces of evidence, including Zimmerman's gun.

The Seminole County Clerk of Courts released the evidence earlier this week to the police department.

Before returning individual items to their owners, however, department officials talked to one or more FBI agents in Orlando, according to Sanford police spokesman Capt. Jim McAuliffe.

On Thursday, the police department finalized its plan.

"The evidence is just in a hold status, pending their DOJ investigation," McAuliffe said.

It is being stored in a secure area within the police department, he said.

The items include Zimmerman's gun, Trayvon's clothes, cell phone, the bag of Skittles and beverage found in his pockets – in short all the evidence collected by the agency as it investigated the Feb. 26, 2012, homicide.

Following the verdict, there were demands for a federal civil rights investigation, but the DOJ began its probe more than a year ago, although it has said little about its findings.

Records released by Special Prosecutor Angela Corey show that FBI agents last year interviewed three dozen friends and associates of Zimmerman, and each said Zimmerman did not use racial epithets or show signs of being a racist.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2013, 10:55:17 PM »

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/author/jchristianadams/

New Black Panthers Conspired to Violate 18 USC 245, Holder Snoozes
Thursday, July 18th, 2013  - by J. Christian Adams

Much bluster has come from Eric Holder in the past week about civil rights charges against George Zimmerman.  As I have written, the Justice Department has a high hurdle to bring such charges under two possible statutes (18 USC 245 and 18 USC 249), largely because there is no evidence Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin with the requisite racial intent or motivation.

But can the same be said of the bounty the New Black Panthers placed on the seizure of the lawfully free man, George Zimmerman?

18 USC 245 says:

Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, by force or threat of force willfully injures, intimidates or interferes with, or attempts to injure, intimidate or interfere with . . . any person because of his race, color, religion or national origin and because he is or has been . . . traveling in or using any facility of interstate commerce, or using any vehicle, terminal, or facility of any common carrier by motor, rail, water, or air.

The Justice Department has successfully advanced, under this law, a “public streets” theory. That is, a citizen is free merely to be in public and free from attacks and intimidation.  Like in the renewed civil rights hunt for Zimmerman by Holder, racial motivation is an element.

----------------------
J. Christian Adams is an election lawyer who served in the Voting Rights Section at the U.S. Department of Justice.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2013, 10:55:28 PM »

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/20130715001-ga-marine-beat.html

Where is the outrage ?

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2013, 11:00:45 PM »

JMO,i said when this case happened that most people are not equipped to handle
the SYG law, we live in a society now that is not a wild wild west culture, which i feel
the SYG lends to that kind of thinking about the SYG law. its not just defend your
castle/home,its defend your person anytime anywhere, and if need be with deadly
force, and if the protesters want to protest something,it should be the courts interpretation
of the SYG and that interpretations consequences
one of many examples
as always JMO

Zimmerman trial turns spotlight on another Florida self-defense case
Reuters
Susan Cooper Eastman3 hours ago

Under the "Stand Your Ground" law, people fearing for their lives can use deadly force without having to retreat from a confrontation, even when it is possible

Alexander, a slightly built woman, said her husband, Rico Gray, was moving toward her threateningly when she fired into a kitchen wall. He had previously been convicted on a domestic violence charge for attacking her.

Gray's two children were at home, in the living room. Prosecutors alleged that the shot endangered Gray and the children.

Alexander filed a "Stand Your Ground" claim, but a judge ruled against her because Alexander chose to go back into the house with her gun.

A jury took just 12 minutes to find her guilty of three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
more@
http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-trial-turns-spotlight-another-florida-self-defense-005758230.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2013, 11:33:51 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/

Post George Zimmerman Murder Trial … Rachel Jeantel Says She Thinks Trayvon Martin Threw The First Punch, HUH, Wouldn’t that be Self-Defense?
Posted July 18, 2013

----------------------
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/rachel-jeantel-huffpost-live-interview_n_3610921.html

Rachel Jeantel: 'I Believe Trayvon Hit First' (VIDEO)
Posted: 07/17/2013 11:33 am EDT  |  Updated: 07/17/2013 12:11 pm EDT
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2013, 07:56:07 AM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/HPD-chief-Stay-away-from-River-Oaks-protest-216085491.html
HPD chief: Stay away from River Oaks protest on Sunday
July 18, 2013

HOUSTON -- Houston’s police chief encouraged people to stay away from the areas of River Oaks, traditionally the city’s wealthiest neighborhood, where demonstrators plan to stage Sunday afternoon protests over the Trayvon Martin shooting case.
Demonstrators speaking out against the verdict plan to march through River Oaks, which they argue has a history of racial profiling. Meanwhile, a Facebook page is encouraging gun owners with concealed handgun permits to bring their weapons to a counterdemonstration.
“I understand the frustration on both sides of the issue,” said Chief Charles McClelland. “I understand it’s a very volatile issue.”
Nonetheless, McClelland says he expects the demonstration to be peaceful. So do the organizers of the protest, who’ve already staged two other major demonstrations earlier this week.
“We expect a peaceful protest,” said Quannel X, who’s organizing the demonstration. “And I’m encouraging everybody who marches with us to remember the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and how he protested. Let’s follow those same instructions. Let’s follow that same legacy. And let’s not do anything that would bring shame to the memory of Trayvon Martin and our cause of justice.”
But the man who set up that Facebook page under an assumed name said he’s received death threats, so many of them he’s not sure whether he himself will attend the counterdemonstration.
“I’m not sure,” he said. “If we quit, what does that show about America?”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2013, 08:03:59 AM »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/two-zimmerman-verdict-demonstrations-to-be-held-this-weekend-in-river-oaks/-/1735978/21040060/-/cvb06h/-/index.html
Two Zimmerman verdict demonstrations to be held this weekend in River Oaks
One group plans to show its support for George Zimmerman, while the other is still seething about the verdict

July 19, 2013

HOUSTON -
Houston Police Chief Charles A. McClelland Jr. says his department is gearing up to keep people safe and protect property during two demonstrations scheduled to take place Sunday in River Oaks.

One march is being held by community activist Quanell X and his followers, who are still seething about the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial.

However, another group plans to show its support for Zimmerman, and on Facebook, the organizer is urging people to show up with their weapons, if they have concealed handgun licenses.

"As for people's fear for counter protestors who may be armed, I understand that fear and fears reasonable," said the chief during a meeting with reporters. "However, this is Texas. People can carry their handgun if they have a concealed handgun license and I have no authority to stop them."

HPD has reached out to both organizations planning to rally in an effort to calm tensions and ease fear of River Oaks residents.

On Saturday, several Houston churches plan to hold a peaceful rally at Houston city hall.

This is part of a 100 city movement organized by Reverend Al Sharpton of the National Action Network.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2013, 09:05:43 AM »

Why should the President get involved any more thn he already has in this case?
He better not or he will get himself in a heap of  backlash.
There is a survey on twitter asking if Obama should get involved and I think it was 91% said NO!

If I can find the survey, I'll do my best to make it 92%.

Lol...I voted as well. R u on twitter?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/questions-raised-in-houston-after-zimmerman-protests/-/1735978/21020334/-/hdem3dz/-/index.html
Questions raised in Houston after Zimmerman protests
Some are asking why the demonstrators who blocked a highway weren't arrested

July 17, 2013

HOUSTON -
Questions are being raised in Houston after this week's protests against George Zimmerman's acquittal.

A woman on her way to the hospital says protesters went too far when they gathered on Highway 288.

It was a massive protest Monday evening. Dozens of people marched to voice their anger that a jury in Florida acquitted Zimmerman in connection with the shooting death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin. The demonstrators ended up blocking traffic on Highway 288 near Southmore.

"They were screaming and hollering and surrounding us beating on the car. It wasn't peaceful. It was terrifying," said Georgia.
She and her family were caught in the middle trying to get to Texas Children's Hospital because her granddaughter was sick. But as they tried to make their way, a Local 2 photographer caught the incident on camera and the video has gone viral.

Georgia and her family were in a black Explorer when a man in a striped shirt reached in and tried to grab her while another protester tries to pull the man away.

"Groups have a right in this country to protest in civil lawful means," said Houston City Council Member Clarence Bradford.

At city council Wednesday, several people commended police for how they've handled the marches.  Still, people are asking why the man in the striped shirt and others who blocked traffic weren't arrested.

"I call on those protesting, demonstrating to do it, but keep in mind we do have a rule of law in our country and our city.," Bradford said.

"It is the responsibility of the officers on the scene to take into take into consideration what is the best way to diffuse the scene," said Mayor Annise Parker.

Georgia has filed a police report and the case is being investigated. Meanwhile, community activist Quanell X, who is planning another rally on Sunday, says he has warned marchers to remain peaceful.

"The Houston police doesn't have a right to commit mass arrest unless we are massively breaking the law and protest under my leadership that would not be happening," Quanell X said.

Video at link.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2013, 02:37:28 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-president-obama-addresses-george-zimmerman-verdict-trayvon-couldve-been-me/

Watch: President Obama Addresses George Zimmerman Verdict: ‘Trayvon Could’ve Been Me’
by Tommy Christopher | 2:07 pm, July 19th, 2013

Although he released a statement shortly after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the killing of Trayvon Martin, President Obama addressed the issue head on, for the first time, in remarks prior to Jay Carney’s daily White House briefing. For those who wondered if the President would meet the touchy issues of race surrounding the case squarely, the answer is yes. Expanding on his remarks following Trayvon’s killing, the President told reporters “Trayvon could’ve been me, 35 years ago.”

The President sent his thoughts and prayers to Trayvon Martin’s family, and praised them for the “incredible grace and dignity with which they’ve dealt with the entire situation.”

But he quickly got into the heart of the matter, explaining that “When Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago.”

He discussed the shared ways in which the black community senses racial suspicion. “There are, frankly, very few African-American men who haven’t had the experience of walking across the street, and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars,” he said. “That happened to me, at least before I was a senator. There are very few African-Americans who haven’t had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often. And I don’t want to exaggerate this, but those sets of experiences inform how the African-American community interprets what happened one night in Florida.”

The President also addressed the “history of racial disparities in the application of our criminal laws,” while also pointing out that “African-American young men are disproportionately involved in criminal justice system, that they’re disproportionately both victims and perpetrators of violence,” adding that “It’s not to make excuses for that fact, although black folks do interpret the reasons for that in a historical context. They understand that some of the violence that takes place in poor black neighborhoods around the country is born out of a very violent past in this country, and that the poverty and dysfunction that we see in those communities can be traced to a very difficult history.”

President Obama said that the missing context in discussions about the criminal justice system “contributes, I think, to a sense that if a white male teen was involved in the same kind of scenario, that from top to bottom both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different.”

He then outlined a series of broad goals, including training law enforcement to be conscious of racial bias, examining laws such as “Stand Your Ground,” and supporting young African-American boys.

The President also talked about starting a conversation about race, but may have surprised some by saying “You know, there has been talk about should we convene a conversation on race? I haven’t seen that be particularly productive. When politicians try to organize conversations, they end up being stilted and politicized, and folks are locked into the positions they already have.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2013, 02:46:27 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/georgezimmermantrial/article/320594/568/Mark-OMara-George-Zimmerman-verdict-the-same-without-Stand-Your-Ground

Mark O'Mara: George Zimmerman verdict the same without Stand Your Ground
1:56 PM, Jul 19, 2013

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Mark O'Mara says even if Florida didn't have a Stand Your Ground Law on the books, George Zimmerman would still have been found not guilty in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

"This is not a Stand Your Ground case, never was, it was traditional self defense," O'Mara said Thursday in his first one-on-one interview with a Tampa television station since Saturday's verdict.

"We never mentioned the words 'Stand Your Ground' in our defense presentation or in our arguments," O'Mara told WTSP Reporter Preston Rudie.

"In any one of our states, this verdict would have been the same."

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2013, 03:14:02 PM »

It is really disheartening when politicians and leaders in this country incite racism and divisiveness.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2013, 03:52:55 PM »

It is really disheartening when politicians and leaders in this country incite racism and divisiveness.

Allen West “I have had it with the politics of race baiters who use iambic pentameter sing-song speech to anesthetized blacks from the reality of their demise.”
Posted by allenwestrepublic on July 18, 2013

Twelve hours from now Ms. Mackenzie Weinger of Politico will interview me on the subject of Al Sharpton’s role in the media in connection with the Trayvon Martin case. My response will be based upon this quote from Booker T. Washington, circa 1911, “There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.” Now, I do not know the agenda of Ms. Weinger. However, as I watch the destruction of the black community in America, I have had it with the politics of race baiters who use iambic pentameter sing-song speech to anesthetized blacks from the reality of their demise.

http://allenwestrepublic.com/2013/07/18/allen-west-i-have-had-it-with-the-politics-of-race-baiters-who-use-iambic-pentameter-sing-song-speech-to-anesthetized-blacks-from-the-reality-of-their-demise/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »

Allen West: 'Race-baiters' pushing Trayvon
7/17/13

<snipped>

“If we want to have these media frenzy-created crises, or someone like an Al Sharpton running around all over the country like a charlatan that he is, then we’re not talking about the real issues and we’re not having the real conversations about race,” West said. “We’re never going to have an honest conversation when you have someone like Attorney General Eric Holder that stands up in front of the NAACP and basically says, you know, we’re going to manipulate the law to give you your quote-unquote social justice.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/trayvon-martin-allen-west-94345.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/georgezimmermantrial/article/320594/568/Mark-OMara-George-Zimmerman-verdict-the-same-without-Stand-Your-Ground

Mark O'Mara: George Zimmerman verdict the same without Stand Your Ground
1:56 PM, Jul 19, 2013

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Mark O'Mara says even if Florida didn't have a Stand Your Ground Law on the books, George Zimmerman would still have been found not guilty in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

"This is not a Stand Your Ground case, never was, it was traditional self defense," O'Mara said Thursday in his first one-on-one interview with a Tampa television station since Saturday's verdict.

"We never mentioned the words 'Stand Your Ground' in our defense presentation or in our arguments," O'Mara told WTSP Reporter Preston Rudie.

"In any one of our states, this verdict would have been the same."

BOTTOM LINE!!!

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.