March 28, 2024, 03:39:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin - NOT GUILTY #9 7/15/13  (Read 791448 times)
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »

Cookie says:

Effing punks can apply to white, black, Hispanic etc. he did not say " these effing BLACK' punks always get away....
He did not put any race in his comment.
 Can u look at this case without "color" ? I am not in George's corner by any means but if George had shot a white boy in the scenario, would u still b so outraged?

I would be easily as outraged if it had been a white teen who was shot.  No question.

Color is of no matter to me however I'm not going to ignore the distrust I know exists between white and black people.  I'm not going to ignore that police arrest blacks more often for the same crime than they do whites.  I'm not going to ignore that blacks are given longer sentences for the same crime than whites.  Alagary himself stated he would avoid a gas station at night if a black boy in a hoodie were there and Island Monday believes Trayvon's parents consider themselves lucky he is dead. 

Trayvon Martin was profiled that night.  How anyone can deny that is really baffling to me and I can only believe that it's the race issue that is forcing people to deny it.  It seems to me that because a person is so reviled by the race issue they are actually making this about race by denying a profiling occurred.

In other words, all of this wishing George Zimmerman comes into a windfall of money, overlooking any outrageous mistakes he did or lies he told, overlooking his own weakness of character, disregarding all of his wrongdoings, is due to the angst that one certain race always tries to make everything about racism.

If Trayvon were a white boy and Al Sharpton were not involved would you be wishing George Zimmerman all of this money and ignoring what he is about and the kind of man he is?  I wouldn't want my kid hanging out with Trayvon Martin but I for damn sure would not have George Zimmerman as a friend or respect him as a neighbor.  I wouldn't want him as a police officer in my town and I wouldn't have my child on a team he coached.  I've got no problem stating those things about either individual. 

Race is an issue for damn near everyone commenting or posting on the matter.

If we want to go further into it we could surmise and discuss WHY blacks are given longer sentences and arrested more often.  That's a whole other discussion but it doesn't change what I've posted above.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »

Bill O’Reilly Blasts ‘Race Hustler’ Al Sharpton: You Have Failed. FAILED! Your Day Is Done! … Make a Lot of Money by Promoting Racial Division

I give Bill O’Reilly a lot of credit for discussing the situation for fear of being branded a racist …

Fox News Bill O’Reilly blasted Al Sharpton, the race hustler for his failure to help the black community and only promote racial division while making money in the process. Previously, O’Reilly did a talking points memo as to what the real problems were in the black community and was spot on. However, the race hustlers like Sharpton could never accept such comments because it did not promote racial divide and Sharpton could not turn a profit off it. It is a sad state of affairs when today’s Civil Rights activists are nothing more than agitators and the MSM gives them credibility. In the end, O’Reilly stated that Sharpton’s days are over, done! I could only hope so for the sake of the black community and racial peace in the United States.

Posted July 30, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/30/bill-oreilly-blasts-race-hustler-al-sharpton-you-have-failed-failed-your-day-is-done-make-a-lot-of-money-by-promoting-racial-division/comment-page-1/#comment-4393381

Al Sharpton's days are numbered.  Hopefully that's the other thing Trayvon's death will have done... force us to look at not only ourselves but hold those in the public eye accountable.

Sabryna and Tracy are in a unique position to make positive change on many fronts.  I'm curious what path they will take doing so.  I'm curious if it will entail distancing themselves from Al.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2013, 01:12:31 PM »

I guess I am now free to read peoples minds. If I think they are profiling me as a big old redneck I can feel free to stomp the sh** out of them. I gots my rights!
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2013, 01:24:50 PM »

I guess I am now free to read peoples minds. If I think they are profiling me as a big old redneck I can feel free to stomp the sh** out of them. I gots my rights!

If a man with 50 pounds on me followed me in his rig then on foot (fast enough that he's breathing heavily so probably running after me) and came up on me in the dark without letting me know who he was or why he was following it wouldn't feel like I was reading his mind, it would feel very much like I was being threatened and a fight or flight reaction would immediately kick in.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »

28 lb difference. 158-185. 5'11"-5'7" But the main thing is WHO COMMITED THE ONLY ILLEGAL ACT?  You always dodge that question and go off in another direction.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2013, 02:07:49 PM »

If a man with 50 pounds on me followed me in his rig then on foot (fast enough that he's breathing heavily so probably running after me) and came up on me in the dark without letting me know who he was or why he was following it wouldn't feel like I was reading his mind, it would feel very much like I was being threatened and a fight or flight reaction would immediately kick in.

Amy Sister ... I agree!!

Could it be that TM felt threatened by GZ who failed to identify himself as security?  Could it be that TM's street wise response was to defend himself against what he perceived as a threat ... not attempt to outrun GZ?  Could it be that GZ injuries imply that he was unable to defend himself from the the sudden attack that was not anticipated?  In other words ... as put forward by the defence ... self-defence was the motive behind the shooting ... not race ... not stand your ground.

As stated prior ... I wish with all my heart that TM had survived that wound inflicted by GZ.  I also believe with all my heart that GZ in all probability wishes the same.  Think about it.  The incident could have been the catalyst that served in turning this young man's life away from the the destructive path he was going down.

Janet

Florida judge limits texts, photos in Trayvon Martin case
Published May 28, 2013

<snipped>

The judge also ruled that some of the Martin's texts and other social media statements won't be allowed in opening statements, though some of his personal material could be allowed later depending on how the case progresses.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, told the judge that Martin's marijuana use and past fighting was central to the argument that Zimmerman used self-defense when he confronted Martin last year at a gated community in Sanford, Fla.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/28/prosecutors-zimmerman-attorneys-due-in-court/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2013, 02:20:39 PM »

REMINDER

May 28, 2013
New Evidence Shows Trayvon’s Life Unraveling

Consider this exchange between Martin and a female friend on November 21, three months before his death. After he told her he was “tired and sore” from a fight, she asked him why he fought.

MARTIN: Cause man dat nigga snitched on me

FRIEND: Bae y you always fightinqq man, you got suspended?

MARTIN: Naw we thumped afta skool in a duckd off spot

FRIEND: Ohh, Well Damee

MARTIN: I lost da 1st round Sad but won da 2nd nd 3rd .

FRIEND: Ohhh So It Wass 3 Rounds? Damn well at least yu wonn lol but yuu needa stop fighting bae Forreal

MARTIN: Nay im not done with fool….. he gone hav 2 see me again

FRIEND: Nooo… Stop, yuu waint gonn bee satisified till yuh suspended again, huh?

MARTIN: Naw but he aint breed nuff 4 me, only his nose

On November 22, the day after the MMA-style fight, Martin told a friend that his mother “just kicked me out” and that he had to move in with his father. When the friend asked why, Martin answered, “Da police caught me outta skool.”
“U a hoodlum,” said the friend. “Naw,” said Martin. “I’m a gangsta.”

Incredibly, his death would transform this wannabe gangster into a saintly little boy, or, in the words of Florida State Attorney Angela Corey, a “precious victim.

Read more:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/05/new_evidence_shows_trayvons_life_unraveling.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: July 30, 2013, 04:28:11 PM »

Amy Sister ... I agree!!

Could it be that TM felt threatened by GZ who failed to identify himself as security?  Could it be that TM's street wise response was to defend himself against what he perceived as a threat ... not attempt to outrun GZ?  Could it be that GZ injuries imply that he was unable to defend himself from the the sudden attack that was not anticipated?  In other words ... as put forward by the defence ... self-defence was the motive behind the shooting ... not race ... not stand your ground.

As stated prior ... I wish with all my heart that TM had survived that wound inflicted by GZ.  I also believe with all my heart that GZ in all probability wishes the same.  Think about it.  The incident could have been the catalyst that served in turning this young man's life away from the the destructive path he was going down.

Janet

Published May 28, 2013

<snipped>

The judge also ruled that some of the Martin's texts and other social media statements won't be allowed in opening statements, though some of his personal material could be allowed later depending on how the case progresses.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, told the judge that Martin's marijuana use and past fighting was central to the argument that Zimmerman used self-defense when he confronted Martin last year at a gated community in Sanford, Fla.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/28/prosecutors-zimmerman-attorneys-due-in-court/

Janet...that is similiar to my feeling as well. They fought..GZ was getting the crap beat out of him and pulled his gun to protect himself. I do not think that GZ meant to kill Trayvon..if he would not have had a gun that night, we could have had a very different case. Trayvon might b on trial for beating GZ up...and could have been sent to jail? Or would it have been stand your ground defense then?
I wish that GZ would have identified himself, that Trayvon would have said, hey man, I am just going over to my dads place and continued on his way. Mostly I wish that Trayvon would have survived.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »

Cookie says:

Effing punks can apply to white, black, Hispanic etc. he did not say " these effing BLACK' punks always get away....
He did not put any race in his comment.
 Can u look at this case without "color" ? I am not in George's corner by any means but if George had shot a white boy in the scenario, would u still b so outraged?

I would be easily as outraged if it had been a white teen who was shot.  No question.

Color is of no matter to me however I'm not going to ignore the distrust I know exists between white and black people.  I'm not going to ignore that police arrest blacks more often for the same crime than they do whites.  I'm not going to ignore that blacks are given longer sentences for the same crime than whites.  Alagary himself stated he would avoid a gas station at night if a black boy in a hoodie were there and Island Monday believes Trayvon's parents consider themselves lucky he is dead. 

Trayvon Martin was profiled that night.  How anyone can deny that is really baffling to me and I can only believe that it's the race issue that is forcing people to deny it.  It seems to me that because a person is so reviled by the race issue they are actually making this about race by denying a profiling occurred.

In other words, all of this wishing George Zimmerman comes into a windfall of money, overlooking any outrageous mistakes he did or lies he told, overlooking his own weakness of character, disregarding all of his wrongdoings, is due to the angst that one certain race always tries to make everything about racism.

If Trayvon were a white boy and Al Sharpton were not involved would you be wishing George Zimmerman all of this money and ignoring what he is about and the kind of man he is?  I wouldn't want my kid hanging out with Trayvon Martin but I for damn sure would not have George Zimmerman as a friend or respect him as a neighbor.  I wouldn't want him as a police officer in my town and I wouldn't have my child on a team he coached.  I've got no problem stating those things about either individual. 

Race is an issue for damn near everyone commenting or posting on the matter.

If we want to go further into it we could surmise and discuss WHY blacks are given longer sentences and arrested more often.  That's a whole other discussion but it doesn't change what I've posted above.

Please don't speak for me. My reasons for why I view the incident different than you is not as you suggest. I read your words and respect your point of view, but I won't be mean and belittle you for your perspective on this case. If what you say is true about longer prison terms for blacks and so on...well, obviously that needs to be addressed. It has nothing to do with this case. That's my opinion. I'm entitled to it. I respect it. I respect your opinion. That's all.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »

I am not wishing GZ a whole bunch of money because of his part in this horrible mess. I am wishing him lots of money from NBC because they tried to put words into the 911 call that GZ made that made it sound racial when it was not. That was a horrible injustice to GZ and to the public. We need the truth on these kinds of cases, not hype from the media to try and make it a juicier story. And I feel this way about any color a person who is getting an injustice .

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: July 30, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »

Janet

Published May 28, 2013

<snipped>

<snipped>

Janet...that is similiar to my feeling as well. They fought..GZ was getting the crap beat out of him and pulled his gun to protect himself. I do not think that GZ meant to kill Trayvon..if he would not have had a gun that night, we could have had a very different case. Trayvon might b on trial for beating GZ up...and could have been sent to jail? Or would it have been stand your ground defense then?
I wish that GZ would have identified himself, that Trayvon would have said, hey man, I am just going over to my dads place and continued on his way. Mostly I wish that Trayvon would have survived.

Could it be that GZ did not have the opportunity to identify himself prior to an attack that was not anticipated?  Could it be the GZ had no intentions of connecting with TM ... just observing him until authorities arrived?  Maybe TM should have questioned GZ's motives rather than attacking.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: July 30, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »

I am not wishing GZ a whole bunch of money because of his part in this horrible mess. I am wishing him lots of money from NBC because they tried to put words into the 911 call that GZ made that made it sound racial when it was not. That was a horrible injustice to GZ and to the public. We need the truth on these kinds of cases, not hype from the media to try and make it a juicier story. And I feel this way about any color a person who is getting an injustice .

_____

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: July 30, 2013, 08:57:19 PM »

But where's the outrage for the 70 shot just in Chicago during the course of this trial?  Where is the MSM while this goes on month after month, year after year?

If some people can't race-bait, their outrage is very selective or even non-existent. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: July 30, 2013, 10:33:38 PM »

Good to see you Anna...agree with our post.

Also, my town of Rockford illinois has at least 1 or more shootings a night! Usually black on black as is Chicago! The race baiters need to help figure out what is going on in the black communities that is killing their own black youth. White people are not doing it, they r doing it to themselves....sad but true..

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »

Your post, not our post..typo

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »

I wish people would stop tryin to make this case about race.    Sigh...

Yeah, but there is a payoff to keeping racism alive.  Unfortunately, MANY people want to keep it around.  But, I agree with you.  I'm so over it!  I don't recall hearing that George knew his skin color.  Anyway... 

George knew his skin color and he knew he was a teenager.  That is how he described Trayvon to the non emergency hotline.

It is a fallacy to believe racism doesn't exist.  The ONLY reason George Zimmerman followed Trayvon is because he was black.

I strongly disagree.

So why do you believe Zimmerman followed Trayvon?

You don't think it's because "these effing punks, they always get away"?

George said it himself.

I have no idea where you live but come hang with me for a while. Punks where I come from are black, white and other colors. But even if GZ new he was black, so what?  When I get notice that a black kid robbed someone near me, I look at black kids with suspicion. When I get a report that a white kid did the same thing, I look at white kids. To many peole, the color of your skin is just as important in the description as the color of your hoodie, nothing more. Why do you think LEO give out calls like "W/M, black shirt"?  Just because one notices race, hair color, sex, etc, does not make on racist. In fact, I would argue that people that insinuate that just describing someone is evil are the REAL RACISTS.

Leaving that aside, I think GZ followed TM because he was tired of being a victim, of seeing his neighbors being victims. He may have went too far but I do not believe that he did it just to be a azzhole. I think he did it with good intentions to protect people and himself.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2013, 10:16:04 AM »

I wish people would stop tryin to make this case about race.    Sigh...

Yeah, but there is a payoff to keeping racism alive.  Unfortunately, MANY people want to keep it around.  But, I agree with you.  I'm so over it!  I don't recall hearing that George knew his skin color.  Anyway... 

George knew his skin color and he knew he was a teenager.  That is how he described Trayvon to the non emergency hotline.

It is a fallacy to believe racism doesn't exist.  The ONLY reason George Zimmerman followed Trayvon is because he was black.

I strongly disagree.

So why do you believe Zimmerman followed Trayvon?

You don't think it's because "these effing punks, they always get away"?

George said it himself.

I have no idea where you live but come hang with me for a while. Punks where I come from are black, white and other colors. But even if GZ new he was black, so what?  When I get notice that a black kid robbed someone near me, I look at black kids with suspicion. When I get a report that a white kid did the same thing, I look at white kids. To many peole, the color of your skin is just as important in the description as the color of your hoodie, nothing more. Why do you think LEO give out calls like "W/M, black shirt"?  Just because one notices race, hair color, sex, etc, does not make on racist. In fact, I would argue that people that insinuate that just describing someone is evil are the REAL RACISTS.

Leaving that aside, I think GZ followed TM because he was tired of being a victim, of seeing his neighbors being victims. He may have went too far but I do not believe that he did it just to be a azzhole. I think he did it with good intentions to protect people and himself.

Agree.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #297 on: July 31, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »

TBM posted....I have no idea where you live but come hang with me for a while. Punks where I come from are black, white and other colors. But even if GZ new he was black, so what?  When I get notice that a black kid robbed someone near me, I look at black kids with suspicion. When I get a report that a white kid did the same thing, I look at white kids. To many peole, the color of your skin is just as important in the description as the color of your hoodie, nothing more. Why do you think LEO give out calls like "W/M, black shirt"?  Just because one notices race, hair color, sex, etc, does not make on racist. In fact, I would argue that people that insinuate that just describing someone is evil are the REAL RACISTS.

================================================================================

I agree TBM 

I have not  posted much on this thread. But read all the time.  While we each have the right to our opinions and I respect  that right. 

While I feel bad that a TM lost his life and there are a lot of what IFS. It was bad choices from both sides. But GZ had every right under the Florida law to protect himself.  Like TBM said GZ didn't set out to kill TM.

The media and others have made this into a race issue and it never should have been. I often wonder if Martin Luther King isn’t rolling over in his grave with all the BS going on.  These few money hungry and power hungry people have done more to sit back what MLK worked so hard to accomplish.

You can’t demand respect from someone you have to earn it.  I don’t see these people trying to earn it. Yes there is still many racist people out there. You will never get rid of it. That’s human nature.  While in the past great wrongs have been done to many people.  We have been moving forward. 

I was raised not to judge anyone by the color of their skin or nationality but how they acted. I grew up in a diverse neighborhood. Have had and have friends from many walks of life. The one thing we all have/had in common is that we all worked at being better people and the love for our families and country.  Yes worked  at being better people. Not one of us demanded to be respected  we all earned it.

So when someone calls me a racist because I don’t see  GZ as a hater and a racist. To me is showing that they  don’t respect others opinions,  But I have to respect theres. There is something wrong with that picture. The media and others calling TM a little boy. He was not a little boy he was a young man not this innocent child they are still trying project him as. Like I said bad choices were made by both GZ & TM.  But to say GZ is totally at fault and  he was profiling TM is not right.

I was once told by a friend in Florida  who happened to be black that I should never go to Miami  bye myself without her. As I would be to big of a target being I was white. That it wasn't safe.  So who was being the racist there. It is on both sides but it seems only whites are being called out on it.  Why is that?

All just my opinion.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: July 31, 2013, 12:00:21 PM »

My sister was married to a wonderful black man with whom they have a daughter with.
Guess who gave them the most grief of being together? The black community! Nasty insults at my sister for not being with 'her own kind'
Racism is very strong in the black community against white people. Our family has seen it first hand. Even though my sister is now divorced from him, I still admire and like him. I have a beautiful biracial niece.....
There r good and bad in all races.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: July 31, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/31/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE96U19H20130731

George Zimmerman pulled over by Texas police, warned for speeding
AUSTIN, Texas | Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:59pm EDT

(Reuters) - George Zimmerman, a volunteer watchman whose acquittal in the shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin led to protests, was pulled over by police in Texas on Sunday for speeding, officials said on Wednesday.

Zimmerman told the officer that he had a weapon in his glove compartment and was going "nowhere in particular," said Brian Brooks, city manager of Forney, Texas, about 25 miles southeast of Dallas, where Zimmerman was stopped.

The gun in the glove box is legal in Texas, and police routinely ask motorists if they have weapons in the car, Brooks said. He said the entire stop lasted less than five minutes.

"It wasn't for super-excessive speeds, they just got him on regular speeding," Brooks said. "It's a pretty routine stop except for the fact that it was George Zimmerman."

Zimmerman was released when it was determined that he had no warrants.

----------------------
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57596401-504083/george-zimmerman-armed-when-stopped-for-speeding-in-texas-report-says/

July 31, 2013 4:01 PM 
George Zimmerman armed when stopped for speeding in Texas, report says

At some point during the traffic stop, Zimmerman asked the officer whether he recognized him from television and the officer said he did not, the station reports.

When asked where he was going, the 29-year-old Zimmerman reportedly told the officer, no place in particular. He was released on a warning.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.