March 28, 2024, 11:36:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin - NOT GUILTY #9 7/15/13  (Read 791510 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2013, 05:27:52 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/florida-gov-rick-scott-criticizes-jesse-jackson-over-george-zimmerman-protest/-/1637132/21262432/-/vmslhx/-/index.html

Florida Gov. Rick Scott criticizes Jesse Jackson over George Zimmerman protest
Published On: Jul 31 2013 01:11:05 PM EDT   Updated On: Jul 31 2013 01:14:26 PM EDT

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - 
Florida Gov. Rick Scott is sharply criticizing Jesse Jackson over comments he made while joining a Capitol protest.

Jackson spent time this week with a group upset with the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial. They've refused to leave the Capitol until Scott calls a special session and asks legislators to overhaul the state's self-defense laws.

Scott so far has refused the request.

The veteran activist criticized the state as the "Selma of our time" and made a comparison of Scott to former Alabama Gov. George Wallace. Selma, Alabama was the site of civil rights protests and clashes with police during the `60s.

Scott in a release blasted Jackson's comments as "reckless" and "divisive." He says that Jackson should apologize for his remarks, which he also called insulting.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2013, 08:11:48 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/florida-gov-rick-scott-criticizes-jesse-jackson-over-george-zimmerman-protest/-/1637132/21262432/-/vmslhx/-/index.html

Florida Gov. Rick Scott criticizes Jesse Jackson over George Zimmerman protest
Published On: Jul 31 2013 01:11:05 PM EDT   Updated On: Jul 31 2013 01:14:26 PM EDT

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - 
Florida Gov. Rick Scott is sharply criticizing Jesse Jackson over comments he made while joining a Capitol protest.

Jackson spent time this week with a group upset with the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial. They've refused to leave the Capitol until Scott calls a special session and asks legislators to overhaul the state's self-defense laws.

Scott so far has refused the request.

The veteran activist criticized the state as the "Selma of our time" and made a comparison of Scott to former Alabama Gov. George Wallace. Selma, Alabama was the site of civil rights protests and clashes with police during the `60s.

Scott in a release blasted Jackson's comments as "reckless" and "divisive." He says that Jackson should apologize for his remarks, which he also called insulting.

Jackson is an ass and probably as crooked as his son who I hope is going to jail or fraud among other things. Sheister!
Jesse Jackson needs to come to Chicago and straighten out the mess there where black boys are being murdered nightly. Grrrrrrr!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2013, 10:19:22 PM »

LA Becomes One Of The 1st US Cities To Back Federal Probe Into Death Of Trayvon Martin
July 31, 2013 2:29 PM

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Civil rights leaders on Wednesday hailed the passage of a Los Angeles City Council resolution calling for federal prosecutors to investigate the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

In a 13-0 vote, the Council passed the resolution by Councilmember Bernard Parks, which urged the U.S. Department of Justice and the Attorney General to conduct an investigation into possible civil rights violations in Martin’s death.

The vote makes L.A. one of the first U.S. cities to formally endorse a federal civil rights probe announced by U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder in July.

<snipped>

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/07/31/la-becomes-1st-city-to-back-federal-probe-into-death-of-trayvon-martin/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »

BOOM! @MichelleMalkin TORCHES Al Sharpton, says “he’s got blood on his hands”
July 31st, 2013

I’ve never heard anyone, so articulately, put such a fine a point on the race-hustler Al Sharpton and his National Action Network. She totally destroys him.

Watch: .....

http://therightscoop.com/boom-michellemalkin-torches-al-sharpton-says-hes-got-blood-on-his-hands/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2013, 11:18:34 PM »

July 31st, 2013

I’ve never heard anyone, so articulately, put such a fine a point on the race-hustler Al Sharpton and his National Action Network. She totally destroys him.

http://therightscoop.com/boom-michellemalkin-torches-al-sharpton-says-hes-got-blood-on-his-hands/

Wow. Just wow.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »

July 31st, 2013

Wow. Just wow.

Wow is right! Sooooooo true as well

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2013, 09:19:52 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/01/3536816/trayvon-martins-parents-meet-with.html

Posted on Thursday, 08.01.13
Trayvon Martin’s parents meet with federal authorities in Miami

The parents of Trayvon Martin and their lawyer met with Justice Department prosecutors and FBI agents at the U.S. attorney’s office in Miami Wednesday to discuss the status of a criminal civil-rights investigation into the fatal shooting of their teen-age son last year.

The federal investigation, which was opened while George Zimmerman faced prosecution for the death of the 17-year-old, gained renewed interest last month after Zimmerman was acquitted in state court of Martin’s killing in a Sanford gated community.

Prosecutors with the Justice Department’s criminal civil-rights section and FBI agents from Central Florida met with the late teen’s parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, and their attorney, Benjamin Crump, to bring the family up to speed, according to sources familiar with the meeting.

The meeting was held in Miami to accommodate the parents. Trayvon had lived with his mother in Miami Gardens before his death, which occurred while he was visiting his father in Sanford.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2013, 12:09:41 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-angela-corey-lawsuit-20130802,0,4355328.story

Angela Corey fired tech director in Zimmerman trial retaliation, lawsuit says
7:35 a.m. EDT, August 2, 2013

The former information technology director for State Attorney Angela Corey is suing for wrongful termination.

Ben Kruidbos sued Corey's office Thursday saying he was illegally fired in June after he testified that prosecutors did not turn over all information to George Zimmerman's defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

He is asking for $5 million or more in damages and his job back.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: August 02, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-angela-corey-lawsuit-20130802,0,4355328.story

The former information technology director for State Attorney Angela Corey is suing for wrongful termination.

Ben Kruidbos sued Corey's office Thursday saying he was illegally fired in June after he testified that prosecutors did not turn over all information to George Zimmerman's defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

The timing of the Ben Kruidbos' dismissal implies that State Attorney Angela Corey was sending an underlying warning to other Prosecution witness and/or State employees who may be tempted to expose any concerns over the State's handling of the TM investigation.  IMO

Janet

++++++

State Attorney Angela Corey fires information techonology director who raised concerns in Trayvon Martin case
July 13, 2013

Ben Kruidbos, an IT worker from the state attorney's office, testifies during a hearing in the George Zimmerman case in Sanford on June 6.

State Attorney Angela Corey fired her office’s information technology director Friday after he testified last month about being concerned prosecutors did not turn over information to George Zimmerman’s defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

On the same day attorneys finished their closing arguments in that nationally watched trial, a state attorney investigator went to Ben Kruidbos’ home about 7:30 a.m. to hand-deliver a letter stating Kruidbos “can never again be trusted to step foot in this office.”

The letter contended Kruibos did a poor job overseeing the information technology department, violated public records law for retaining documents, and noted he was questioned in March when the office was trying to determine who had leaked personnel information obtained through a computer breach. ....

Before Kruidbos’ name surfaced in the Martin trial proceedings, he received a pay raise for “meritorious performance,” according to a document dated May 16 in his personnel file.

But the dismissal letter written by Peek contends he did his job poorly as information technology director and said he should have asked someone in the office about his concerns regarding the Martin case.

<snipped>

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2013-07-13/story/state-attorney-angela-corey-fires-information-techonology-director-who

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: August 02, 2013, 12:39:50 PM »

George Zimmerman Murder Trial “Race Politics” … State Attorney Angela Corey Fires IT Director Ben Kruidbos Who Raised Concerns in Trayvon Martin Case about Evidence Discovery

State Attorney Angela Corey has fired Ben Kruidbos, the IT director for the State of Florida, who raised concerns in the George Zimmerman murder trial in the death of Trayvon Martin. Last month Ben Kruidbos testified about his concerns that the prosecution did not provide information to the George Zimmerman defense team. Defense attorney Mark O’Mara has commented on numerous occasions and expressed his concern over the actions of the prosecution handing over information in a timely and proper manner.  So the obvious question that needs to be asked, why now? What a vengeful and bias effort on the part of Angela Corey. Some one does the right thing and makes mention of possible misconduct by the prosecution and for his efforts, he is fired. .....

Posted July 13, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/13/george-zimmerman-murder-trial-race-politics-state-attorney-angela-corey-fires-it-director-ben-kruidbos-who-raised-concerns-in-trayvon-martin-case-about-evidence-discovery/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: August 02, 2013, 12:46:39 PM »

FORMER SANFORD POLICE CHIEF - BILL LEE

Ex-Sanford police chief: Zimmerman probe ‘taken away from us’
Wed July 10, 2013

The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked “in a number of ways” by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.

Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman’s second-degree murder trial, told CNN’s George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

“It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn’t care if it got dismissed later,” he said. “You don’t do that.”

When Sanford police arrived on the scene on February 26, 2012, after Zimmerman fatally shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, they conducted a “sound” investigation, and the evidence provided no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman at the scene, he said.

It had nothing to do with Florida’s controversial “Stand Your Ground” law, he said; from an investigative standpoint, it was purely a matter of self-defense.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/sanford-bill-lee-exclusive/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2013, 12:53:04 PM »

Ben Kruidbos and former Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee are both men of integrity.  Doing right is not always easy when there are personal consequences involved but it is always right.

Janet

+++++

BILL LEE

Ex-Sanford police chief: Zimmerman probe 'taken away from us'
July 11, 2013

<snipped>

"I upheld my oath," Lee said. "I'm happy that at the end of the day I can walk away with my integrity."

One of his greatest regrets, he said, is that the Zimmerman investigation ultimately shattered his childhood dream to be police chief of the community where he was raised.

"It's a dream of a vision that is going to be unrealized," he said. "I'm at peace with it on most days. I'm a man of faith. But it stings.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/sanford-bill-lee-exclusive

BEN KRUIDBOS

State Attorney Angela Corey fires information techonology director who raised concerns in Trayvon Martin case
July 13, 2013

<snipped>

He said he had acted in good faith about “genuine concerns.” He said he had been proud to work at the State Attorney’s Office and feared the letter would cripple his chances at finding another job to support his family, including a 4-month-old son.

“I don’t have any regrets,” he said, “but I am terrified about the future and what that will end up being".

<snipped>

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2013-07-13/story/state-attorney-angela-corey-fires-information-techonology-director-who

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »

I hope he gets every cent and more!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2013, 01:19:10 PM »

I hope he gets every cent and more!

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george-zimmermans-attorney-still-seeking-sanctions-against-prosecutor/-/1637132/21313968/-/auuqqc/-/index.html

George Zimmerman's attorney still seeking sanctions against prosecutor
Published On: Aug 02 2013 07:37:12 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. - 
Attorney Mark O'Mara told a crowd of people he is still seeking sanctions against prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda, who was the lead prosecutor in George Zimmerman's murder trial.

O'Mara said he believes the office intentionally withheld evidence from the defense leading up to the trial.

The evidence includes a color photo that shows a bloody and bruised George Zimmerman after the shooting.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: August 02, 2013, 11:27:32 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/zimmerman-attorney-details-battle-prosecutors-over/nZCRH/

Posted: 4:09 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, 2013
Zimmerman attorney details battle with prosecutors over evidence in murder trial

"You have this type of gamesmanship for the sole purpose of trying to deny a fair trial and, as it turned out, try to convict an innocent man," said O'Mara.

O'Mara has filed a motion that will be heard by Judge Debra Nelson.

He claims prosecutors purposely withheld evidence from him and the defense team.

Channel 9 has learned that O'Mara could go after Corey. She called Zimmerman a murderer on national television after the trial.

"He could bring civil action against Angela Corey for statement she made outside the courtroom. Also, he could file a grievance against her with the Florida Bar," WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer asked O'Mara whether he intends to drop the issue.

"I am not done with that motion. I'm not done with Angela Corey. And we are going to be seeing more of each other. We'll see how that turns out," said O'Mara. "This is because this is not supposed to be how we practice as lawyers."

Channel 9 contacted Corey's office for a response, but the call was not returned.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: August 02, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/martins-parents-take-no-stance-on-proposed-fla-boycott-following-acquittal-of-zimmerman/2013/08/02/a63bfbd8-fb91-11e2-89f7-8599e3f77a67_story.html

Martin’s parents take no stance on proposed Fla. boycott following acquittal of Zimmerman
(August 2, 2013)

ORLANDO, Fla. — The parents of Trayvon Martin said Friday that they are taking no stance on a proposed boycott of Florida following the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the fatal shooting of their son.

Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said that opponents of Zimmerman’s acquittal have the right to express themselves, but that she and the teen’s father are neither supporting nor opposing the proposal.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: August 02, 2013, 11:42:15 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-trayvon-martin-hoodie-smithsonian-20130802,0,7586678.story?track=rss

Smithsonian not 'currently' interested in Trayvon Martin hoodie
August 2, 2013, 1:58 p.m.

The Smithsonian on Friday dismissed reports that it aimed to acquire the hoodie that  Trayvon Martin was wearing when he was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who was acquitted last month.

Reports swirled this week after the director of the planned National Museum of African American History and Culture expressed interest in the hoodie, which has become a  symbol for race relations in America.

“It became the symbolic way to talk about the Trayvon Martin case. It’s rare that you get one artifact that really becomes the symbol,” Lonnie Bunch told the Washington Post. “Because it’s such a symbol, it would allow you to talk about race in the age of Obama.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: August 02, 2013, 11:48:30 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-trayvon-martin-parents-black-journalists-20130803,0,1199780.story
Trayvon's parents continue call to amend 'stand your ground' laws
Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin appeared at the National Association of Black Journalists Convention

August 3, 2013

Comments (337 at time of posting the link at SM)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: August 02, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »

August 2, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/yamiche

Terence Shepherd ‏@TerenceShepherd 7h
@sfbja reception for NABJ Emerging Journalist of the Yr @Yamiche Alcindor is tonight 6 till 8, St. Augustine's Rm 8095, Gaylord Palms
 Retweeted by Yamiche Alcindor

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche 9h
Tracy Martin: We don't have time to grieve because we have to do work for others who are voiceless.

Sybrina Fulton: President Obama can identify with us and see himself in #TrayvonMartin

NABJ Headquarters ‏@NABJ 9h
"If we lose hope, then everybody will lose hope. that would be the greatest disaster. - Tracy Martin… http://instagram.com/p/chVeYLt6dv/
 Retweeted by Yamiche Alcindor

Daryl Parks: We have made a decision not to talk about how state attorneys prosecuted the case. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Natalie Jackson: Some people didn't want to deal with race but we have to deal with these issues in America.

Sybrina Fulton: I really believe God is working in different ways. With the not guilty verdict "the story goes on."

Tracy Martin: The greatest disaster would be giving up hope after the verdict. #TrayvonMartin

Tracy Martin: It's very important that the name #TrayvonMartin mean something to our nation.

Sybrina Fulton says she is committed to making a difference and helping other families through the Trayvon Martin foundation.

Sybrina Fulton says as parents they plan to help other parents of "senseless gun violence."

The parents of #TrayvonMartin are now speaking at #NABJ13 along with attorneys @NatJackEsq and Daryl Parks.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.