March 28, 2024, 05:20:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Food Stamps and Data Crunching  (Read 828 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 17, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »

"Dem Congresswoman Claims Her Constituents Eat Dog Food when Food Stamps Run Out [Video]"

watch video here - http://www.hapblog.com/2013/07/dem-congresswoman-claims-her.html

I wonder how many Americans have waited in line at the grocery store as the person in line in front of them pays for luxuries and uber expensive food with an EBT card.  Food, that working folks can't afford.  $50 pieces of meat, $50 birthday cakes...

I recall reading that the government refuses to provide data on EBT/food stamp usage to researcher.  Why?  Privacy?  Really?

Why are these folks eating dog food?  Could they be making better choices when using their benefits?  Economizing?  Working people not on benefits have to make ends meet too.

Why are they eating dog food?  Maybe they are selling their benefits for cash?  Drugs? 

Why are they eating dog food?  Did they spend their EBT on one big, I mean BIG meat at a fast food joint?  A party of kids meals?

For the money they spend on dog food, likely they could get a lot of healthy foods at a big local discount grocery like Aldi or Walmart.

If you're low income, on benefits, you may qualify for food pantries, free school lunches, soup kitchen...something non-benefit enrolled folks may not have access too.

Lots of ways to stretch a dollar before you eat dog food.  Dog food is quite costly these day, IMO.

What are they spending their food stamps on?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.