May 29, 2024, 10:49:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS #8  (Read 236305 times)
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1040 on: June 18, 2005, 03:41:59 AM »

Quote from: "Itawamba"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Itawamba...believe it or not I wasn't online a lot today. Who insulted you and called you names? Did they apologize?

No, you didn't.  You've been sniping at me all the time, since we all got here, calling me a newbie (which I'm not) and an idiot--or always agreeing with someone who was disparaging me or someone who agreed with me about the ungodly amount of chitchat in here, when people were trying to get in to read the breaking news.

You must be kidding me!! If you think I ever called you a newbie then you read the post wrong! I know who you are...I have talked to you many times. And unless I write the words "ITAWAMBA did This or THAT..." do not ASSUME I am talking about YOU!! And again...whether YOU like it or not...I have a right to "chit chat" (per Tom and Red) and listen up when I say this...I WAS NOT ONLINE AT ALL UNTIL ABOUT 4:30PM CT so my CHIT CHAT did not keep you out of the forum...sweetie!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1041 on: June 18, 2005, 03:42:34 AM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
This really needs to go away.  Some feel that this is a forum limited to what they quote]

And if it we only about the chitchat, it wouldn't be much of a forum would it?  That's why they have chatrooms.

And by damn, when I am put down and disparaged and insulted and called names and told to post somewhere else, I'm GOING TO DEFEND MYSELF!!!

Okay, without offending you, I really would like to ask you a question then.  And I am being sincere here.  If you are only interested in breaking news in this case and discussing the breaking news as it relates to this case, and not interested in the "chit chat", then why are you here at this late hour knowing that no news will be coming out at all right now and the only people here will be "chatting"?
 I know I ain't got no dog in this fight but, I'd like to point out that I've been here steadily for severaql days now and this bos=ard or forum or whatever only changed tonight.  I'm not qualified to bet on it but it seems to me that a whole bunch egos and cap jumped in.  As for news or opinion or what, there has been no requirement for journalistic qualification prior.  What's going on?  My OPINION would be that I like it better the way it was, It was warm, which was good. It was friendly which was good.  It wasn't who could scoop who.  If some want this professional level of discourse, why not start your topic elaswhere and see what you get.  SO THERE!  WHATTA YA THINK ABOUT THAT? Twisted Evil
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1042 on: June 18, 2005, 03:43:51 AM »

Quote from: "waitingtoknow"
just my opinion....

I think that this case has taken a toll on all of us.....we are all here because of NATALEE...after being here allllll day and most of the night...sometimes you just want to get to know those around you...I agree that there are some things that really take up too much space...like detective calling me a punk...but, when you come together because you care about the same thing...you start to care about those around you...For somebody to expect the post be just facts or story related posts...that is just silly...I believe that the home page has a place for that...this was an area that Tom and Red gave us to basically post the facts, get to know eachother, and come together as a "family"

if that makes sense

waiting, you've been a great poster on this board.  We just got barraged at one point with a bunch of argumentative posters.  It was pretty bad there for a bit.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1043 on: June 18, 2005, 03:44:02 AM »

Whitney now has it. I found it before I even registered it is why I came here in the first place.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1044 on: June 18, 2005, 03:44:13 AM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
Is this the way it is in here every Friday night?  I might just go back to drinkin'!

You buyin'?
You gonna be nice?
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1045 on: June 18, 2005, 03:44:54 AM »

absolut if nothing else, mostly appreciate your "efficiency if not pithiness"...
absolut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Dallas you and another poster responded to Whitney with its a rumor period. No verification. End of story.

Those postings in the comments probably gained the site over 100 or more new members tonight alone. It was posted on every crime board on the web with a natalee link or thread.

It seems you as a self proclaimed protector and person in the know would understand why people are coming and asking what they are.

Last edited by absolut on Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1046 on: June 18, 2005, 03:45:48 AM »

Thanks Dallas...I feel the same about you  Very Happy
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1047 on: June 18, 2005, 03:45:56 AM »

Is this the way it is in here every Friday night?  I might just go back to drinkin'!

You buyin'?
You gonna be nice?

I'm always nice!!!!   Very Happy
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1048 on: June 18, 2005, 03:47:00 AM »

just my opinion....

I think that this case has taken a toll on all of us.....we are all here because of NATALEE...after being here allllll day and most of the night...sometimes you just want to get to know those around you...I agree that there are some things that really take up too much space...like detective calling me a punk...but, when you come together because you care about the same thing...you start to care about those around you...For somebody to expect the post be just facts or story related posts...that is just silly...I believe that the home page has a place for that...this was an area that Tom and Red gave us to basically post the facts, get to know eachother, and come together as a "family"

if that makes sense

Very well said.  You're still a punk, though!  Very Happy

Seriously, anyone on at this hour expecting breaking news or any big breakthoughs is likely to be disappointed.  I wouldn't suspect people logging on in the morning would bother reading most of this.  The big developments are on the main page.

Now, during the day, I can understand the need for a lot less chit-chat posts, and I *think* there have been.
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1049 on: June 18, 2005, 03:47:19 AM »

KerinTX - total beyotch

VERY uncalled for.  How on earth did that comment have anything to do with this case?  I was actually trying to be civil, but obviously you have now decided to fill up our pages with name-calling instead of "chit chat".  How mature are you?  

We do have an ignore button on here, right?  Time to use it in my humble opinion.

I haven't found the "Ignore" button yet--I PM'ed Red about it.  Believe me, I *will* need it and I *will* use it.  All of you have pushed this so far, thinking you're all so funny, putting down people who wanted "news" to be posted today, and not all the chitchat when people from all over the Net were trying to get in here, just like I was.  It was awful.

You were NOT trying to be civil, DF.  You were sucking up to KerinTX, who believes it is her duty to reply to every single post on this forum and it ISN'T.  If she deems someone "undesirable," then all of you snicker and sneer and call names "in general" in reference to those of us who have asked for some break in the relentless fluffery during the day.  It's nauseating.

See, I can have my own opinion, too--I can sneer at you all, too.  And lots of others feel the same way, but they're too scared of your flames to post it in public.  They just say it in PMs to me.

I prefer NOT to use PMs but to say what I feel out here, where it's happening.  I can't fight that back-stabbing stuff, and I am *sure* (rolling eyes) you're doing plenty of that, too.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1050 on: June 18, 2005, 03:47:58 AM »

TT,

About a billion new accounts showed (well maybe not a billion), a bunch from boards that have been around since Jon Benet and Peterson, they are crime boards and with that comes crime interest and facts etc. This board is so young, it hasn't fully developed a personality yet. When this case is over for good or bad it will be a social science project to see what happens to it.
neil
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1051 on: June 18, 2005, 03:48:20 AM »

AZLady,

Not trying to defend such actions, but just trying to understand how such a thing can happen.

Children are not born with a reasonable sense of what is right or wrong.  That is developed over years of experience and values being passed on to us from those they respect.  I think if everyone were to remember back at things we did "wrong", most likely we did not fully comprehend that behavior was unacceptable, or else we would not have done it.  This is the process of socialization, so you are correct that if Joran drugged Natalee then this is unacceptable.  How did he not know that was unacceptable?  It was either because of his immaturity or something else that made it OK in his mind, and the point that I was attempting to make is that it is likely immaturity.

Almost all of socialization is learning to supress natural tendencies toward violent agression or sexual agression.  We may have a natural tendency to hit at the age of 2, but by the time we are 21, hopefully we have learned to direct this energy in a socially acceptable manner.  At what stage of life do we fully become fully socialized.  For some it is younger, for some it is older, and for some never.  A 17 year old is still in the process of becomming socialized so it is understandable that Joran may not have fully comprehended the consequences of his actions.  That does not make them acceptable, but we can understand what process is going on.

Maybe his parenting was poor, and his parents did help him to learn.  Often parents cripple their children by overcontrolling and keeping children from learning to take control of their own lives.  Different people learn at different rates.  Cultures are different.  From my observation, much of parenting is less than adequate, and the children suffer accordingly.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1052 on: June 18, 2005, 03:49:39 AM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
just my opinion....

if that makes sense

Very well said.  You're still a punk, though!  Very Happy

Seriously, anyone on at this hour expecting breaking news or any big breakthoughs is likely to be disappointed.  I wouldn't suspect people logging on in the morning would bother reading most of this.  The big developments are on the main page.

Now, during the day, I can understand the need for a lot less chit-chat posts, and I *think* there have been.

Yes, and I think if you look back at my previous post earlier tonight that's what I said...that afer the sun goes down there is really not a lot of "breaking news" and that what is wrong with chat?

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1053 on: June 18, 2005, 03:49:43 AM »

You buyin'?
You gonna be nice?

I'm always nice!!!!   Very Happy
Ok!  You got me! Very Happy
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1054 on: June 18, 2005, 03:51:07 AM »

I'm still wondering how I am a PUNK..sheesh

To I...dont want to spell your name wrong...so it is now "I" to me  Very Happy

To defend Kerin....I think that she was misunderstood..she is friendly and silly...and tries to lighten the mood alot...which I like...so, if you feel that she was being rude to you...maybe it was just her picking and trying to get you in on the conversation...AND..maybe you are just feeling the same stress that we all are about this case.
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1055 on: June 18, 2005, 03:52:30 AM »

absolut, joebob was kind enough to paste the item over on our board here, when the other, true "chat" board got overloaded:

joebob

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody following the "Blogger info says" posts at

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/?p=1154#comments ?

# blogger info Says:
June 17th, 2005 at 4:47 pm

Concerned4natalee -

My guess is the networks will all start hearing about it and reporting it soon. Also, I don’t know if this is relavant to the NH case or coincidental and therefore should be considrered UNRELIABLE until confirmed but I am made to understand that FBI and DEA agents working in Venezuela with Venezualan government officials are making their way to a village north of a town called Adicora (sp.). I don’t know where Adicora is - if anyone can help please advise.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1056 on: June 18, 2005, 03:52:45 AM »

We need a group hug between now and like 7am EST. The night shift has to clean up the chips and dip left on the floor so the day crew doesn't know what happened.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1057 on: June 18, 2005, 03:53:26 AM »

I'm still wondering how I am a PUNK..sheesh

I hope you know that was a joke.  I was just messin' with ya since you said you didn't have a beef with anyone.

Now Kerin and Mike... *they* are punks!  Laughing
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1058 on: June 18, 2005, 03:54:52 AM »

A very cool google beta

http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en
Chaumes
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1059 on: June 18, 2005, 03:55:06 AM »

what are ya'll thinking is the reason why our Arubian friends have not been here tonight????

This is a mystery easily solved.

This board is increasingly becoming weighted to the personal chatter of a few.  Especially in the last 48 hrs.  You may also notice a decreased presence of the posters who were most closely linked to the victim and this situation.

Several valuable posters from earlier in this forum hardly post at all.

In the last thread alone, about 70% of the remarks were of the following varieties: the personal "hello, I'm back"" (and really, don't you think we'll figure that out if you'd just post something cogent and topical to the discussion?) the just plain lazy "Hi, been gone for an hour, what have I missed? (you mean you can't spend 10 min. reading the last few pages and kinda get yourself there?) (Exception for Aruban posters, who are spending huge amounts of time contributing worthwhile information - they deserve to be updated as they request) and lastly, the just plain absurd:  whether you have a date or not, don't know how to get into community college and the finest and most offensive thus far, not to mention just all-out ass - "I think Natalie's uncle is hot!"  Are you F*in kidding?   Could you be more inappropriate?

Just to clarify, we're witnessing the unfolding of what may be an unspeakable tradedy.  The degrading of the dialogue here to include any random, unrelated thought that comes into your head is incredibly offensive.

A handful is ruining a GREAT forum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.