May 30, 2024, 12:19:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS #8  (Read 236335 times)
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1100 on: June 18, 2005, 04:26:49 AM »

Here's something that borders fact-minus-one...

The local posters are conspicuously absent for the last 24 hours...even approaching 30...NO?
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1101 on: June 18, 2005, 04:26:59 AM »

Whitney, Selena and the people in Aruba,

For a country/Island with such a low crime rate how many jails are there? How large is the justice system number of police, judges, courthouses? If this does have a tip of the iceberg effect. How many people could actually be arrested and involved. Would the country have to shut down? All reasons that would lead to a huge cover up.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1102 on: June 18, 2005, 04:28:07 AM »

Oh Y'alls...thanks for calling me a punk  Smile

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
rcjasinski
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1103 on: June 18, 2005, 04:28:16 AM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"

That's bizarre!  AiA said it was the skinnier guy.  It looks like MSNBC put up the wrong picture.  Yikes!  I hope the next time someone else named "Y'alls Psychic Detective" gets arrested, they don't post my picture by mistake!

You know, if i stare at both pictures long enough, the msnbc guy looks like a fatter version of the elektron pic.   Maybe the elektron picture is years old.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1104 on: June 18, 2005, 04:29:08 AM »

Quote from: "rcjasinski"
Sorry if this was discussed but its 4am,

MSNBC is showing the big stocky steve croes
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8218429/

I thought it was

http://elektron.its.tudelft.nl/~ensermo/mike/pages/alltogether.htm

Which is the one?
I think they are the same guy.  Just a little heavier!
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1105 on: June 18, 2005, 04:29:14 AM »

Don't stare too long you'll go blind. Oh wait thats not from looking at pictures of suspects.
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1106 on: June 18, 2005, 04:29:19 AM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
... I knew what was right and what was wrong when I was no more than 5 years old...
... "A 17 year old..."  The "honor student"(LOL) should get no slack.  He knew what he was doing.  He knew all possible cosequences.  He is what he is and that does not look too nice.  A punk is a punk!  Ok, you can probably share some blame with his parents perhaps.  They should not have allowed a son to become such a predator by such an early age.   Perhaps too much poker!
I'm PATIENTLY waiting to appreciate the EXCUSES (they always have!) of some people when a volte-face arrives to their PRE-DEFINED thought of JUSTICE. (Ooops... should say this before change my nickname to "boxdator"?)  Confused
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1107 on: June 18, 2005, 04:29:52 AM »

WestCoastGuy - thanks for the update!!
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1108 on: June 18, 2005, 04:31:19 AM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"

That's bizarre!  AiA said it was the skinnier guy.  It looks like MSNBC put up the wrong picture.  Yikes!  I hope the next time someone else named "Y'alls Psychic Detective" gets arrested, they don't post my picture by mistake!

You know, if i stare at both pictures long enough, the msnbc guy looks like a fatter version of the elektron pic.   Maybe the elektron picture is years old.

That's what I was thinking too.  They really could be the same person.
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1109 on: June 18, 2005, 04:32:27 AM »

wondering if Dallas is still here and got my post about #6???
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1110 on: June 18, 2005, 04:32:59 AM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
bottom line...have you ever heard of First Amendment Rights?

Have YOU?  You're the ringleader.  "I'm here." "I'm eating dinner."  "I'll be back."  Those are chatroom posts.  Then you have 6-8 posters who have to acknowledge all that.  There's one whole page gone *poof* just like that.  Multiply by 6-8 buddies for each of those and you have 10 pages gone *poof* just like that.

And you only *speak* to each other.  I've seen many posters who never have a chance to have their voices heard (and I don't mean nutcases)--I can't ever go back and *catch* them, because the chitchat has already carried the posts forward another 5 pages before I even see them.

I'm talking to a wall, because none of you "get it."  I've asked you nicely to stop, or I've complained offhandedly, over the 5 days we've been here, but it just keeps on.  

There is a chat room and there is a chitchat forum, even--right here on the site.  Can't you "build your relationships" there?  That way, those of us who already have a lot of online friendships from getting to know fellow posters in other instances of missing people (by going to the chatrooms or emailing and *getting along* for years and YEARS with each other) don't have to deal around all the bs.  Do you realize that many forums don't even allow "cross-talk" at ALL?
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1111 on: June 18, 2005, 04:34:23 AM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
TT, where is that drink?  I thought you were buying.
OK! OK! Gimme a minute!
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1112 on: June 18, 2005, 04:35:26 AM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
Quote from: "dragonfly"
TT, where is that drink?  I thought you were buying.
OK! OK! Gimme a minute!

Good night all.
neil
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1113 on: June 18, 2005, 04:36:31 AM »

Maybe it is choice of words in expressing my view of how far a 17 year old may have not progressed in controlling unacceptable behavior.

I take it that respondents say that Joran at 17 should know right from wrong and have his behavior completely under control, and should not engage in mental tricks that would enable him to justify using a date rape drug.

Let me ask how many of you adults have had secret sexual affairs while in a marriage?  How many have driven an automobile while intoxicated?  How many have taken office supplies home for personal use?  How many have taken illegal drugs? How many have ignored speed limits?  How many have hit another person, including hitting a child (even your own)?  How many have failed to tell a cashier that she made a mistake and undercharged you at the checkout counter?

I would presume you know these things are wrong, but I bet most of you are over 17 years old.  So if you did any of these things, or similar things that I did not list, you must have justified in your mind somehow that it was OK to do this in disregard of your knowing what was right or wrong.  I suggest that then you have not fully gained control over your behavoir; i.e., you have not become fully socialized, fully mature socially. I would go so far as to say that you have not fully developed your understand of right and wrong.  

I think that if you look at these things in yourself, then you can understand how someone such as Joran might have justified date rape drugs.  That does not make it right, just makes it understandable.

This idea that man is not an animal is in my view incorrect.  We are not vegetables and while we contain minerals, we are not minerals.  Maybe we are ice cream!
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1114 on: June 18, 2005, 04:37:30 AM »

Itawamba,

Possibly you should suggest a solution to the management like a bantor thread since the posters seem to want to use the forum concept and layout.
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1115 on: June 18, 2005, 04:38:54 AM »

"I",

I agree with you to a degree...but what you are saying is not all Kerin....I have seen many people commenting about nothing....maybe tomorrow when everybody is here...we can politely ask everybody to keep the one word post and page long quotes to a minimum....nothing is going to be solved when you are talking to 1% of the forum.  And I think that Tom or Red should be the one to bring that up..so maybe you can email them and ask them to make an announcement post.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1116 on: June 18, 2005, 04:39:19 AM »

Quote from: "neil"
Maybe it is choice of words in expressing my view of how far a 17 year old may have not progressed in controlling unacceptable behavior.

I take it that respondents say that Joran at 17 should know right from wrong and have his behavior completely under control, and should not engage in mental tricks that would enable him to justify using a date rape drug.

Let me ask how many of you adults have had secret sexual affairs while in a marriage?  How many have driven an automobile while intoxicated?  How many have taken office supplies home for personal use?  How many have taken illegal drugs? How many have ignored speed limits?  How many have hit another person, including hitting a child (even your own)?  How many have failed to tell a cashier that she made a mistake and undercharged you at the checkout counter?

I would presume you know these things are wrong, but I bet most of you are over 17 years old.  So if you did any of these things, or similar things that I did not list, you must have justified in your mind somehow that it was OK to do this in disregard of your knowing what was right or wrong.  I suggest that then you have not fully gained control over your behavoir; i.e., you have not become fully socialized, fully mature socially. I would go so far as to say that you have not fully developed your understand of right and wrong.  

I think that if you look at these things in yourself, then you can understand how someone such as Joran might have justified date rape drugs.  That does not make it right, just makes it understandable.

This idea that man is not an animal is in my view incorrect.  We are not vegetables and while we contain minerals, we are not minerals.  Maybe we are ice cream!

This would further be true if the culture around you made it easy and almost in ways by acceptance, encouraged it.
rcjasinski
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1117 on: June 18, 2005, 04:39:42 AM »

Ok, i'm convinced Stevie boy has hit the fast food joints in the last couple years and has plumped up.  I recall a tickle url for chubby.  Anyone have it handy?
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1118 on: June 18, 2005, 04:42:41 AM »

I swear I am not going nuts, but the stories on cnn and usatoday (AP) have times of 6:52pm less than 1 hour ago they said 10:52pm. The verbiage in the story is different as well. Fox is the only one reporting the reversal now of Jurons father's visits.
shemp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1119 on: June 18, 2005, 04:44:06 AM »

Ok, i'm convinced Stevie boy has hit the fast food joints in the last couple years and has plumped up.  I recall a tickle url for chubby.  Anyone have it handy?

http://connect.tickle.com/profile/index.html?id=g5TQB.hc7BTSCg57
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.