May 30, 2024, 12:53:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS #8  (Read 236337 times)
JS in B'ham
Scared Monkey

« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2005, 09:59:50 PM »

Yet another lurker coming out of hiding.  I live in Vestavia Hills (suburb adjacent to Mtn. Brook), but grew up in Mtn. Brook and know lots of people who still do (though not the Twittys/Holloways).  I have been reading this board non-stop for days (to the neglect of my job!), and am becoming obsessed with this case.  It just hits so close to home!

Anyway, I saw a post earlier saying that Joran van der Sloot called this Steve Croes that morning at 6:00 am. If that is so, then it seems the most likely scenario would be that he was asking him to help dispose of the body (probably by taking it out to sea and dumping it over board) rather than this sex slavery idea.  Maybe I am naive, but it somehow seems really unlikely to me that a 17 year old high school kid from an at least middle class family would be involved in human traffiking.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2005, 09:59:54 PM »

It appears Max Arends is/was a student at Joran's school.  Interestingly there is also a "Mrs. Croes" listed in the school newsletter.  But, we know the name is like "Smith/Jones" here.
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2005, 10:00:30 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Seems Joran actually has a friend his age! Here's from the ISA website:

The College Center always loves to share good news!
Congratulations go to:
­ Joran v.d. Sloot on his acceptance to St.
Leo’s College and Florida Atlantic
University;
­ Max Arends, who has been accepted to
Valencia Community College;

Who is Max Arends?
RubaRiba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2005, 10:00:40 PM »

Quote from: "writenow"
Quote from: "Ting"
previous report that the Dutch boy had made a phone call to St. Lucia.

SANTA Lucia, not St. Lucia. SANTA Lucia is on Aruba. St. Lucia is a whole other island. The link was to a prison and helicopters on St. Lucia Island.

I thought a helicopter search was being done the other day on Aruba in the Santa Lucia area????

Or was that my tired eyes reading something different Shocked  because this is what I look like right now.
sunmoonstars
Scared Monkey

« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2005, 10:00:43 PM »

Fox is saying they have questioned another person and released them.
Whodini
Scared Monkey

« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2005, 10:00:52 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"

I probably took too long to write this post and will now have to read through five more pages to catch up!

Good point Chloe2.  You wouldn't have to wade through that many pages if people treated this board like normal message boards.

It is being treated like a "chat room,"  with a lot of idle chit chat not related to the topic at hand.

I believe most of the posters are not familiar this type "message board" format.  As the site grows and people learn, I'm certain it will improve.  

Hopefully, they will learn how to use the quote and preview buttons (properly) and learn that you do not have to quote the ENTIRE post of the person you are quoting.  I say this respectfully in an attempt to make the board a more pleasureable experience for everyone.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2005, 10:00:58 PM »

Fox is reporting that a friend of creus was questioned and released.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2005, 10:01:12 PM »

Dallas Too - I'm still trying to figure out what 'breach of confidence' you were referring to earlier. I do not see any such thing in the thread. Could you please clarify?
thanks
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2005, 10:01:37 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
OK...I want to post a clarification for the "newbies". No one cares if you are a new...I mean, hey, I was once a newbie myself, believe it or not!  Very Happy  I honestly feel we were brought together in this forum by a higher power (don't anyone go calling Sylvia Browne). Over the past week or so we have speculated, updated, agreed and disagreed. But with one common cause...sweet and gentle Natalee Holloway.
With that said, it is only the normal evolution of things that when people spend this much time together (and a lot of us are in here at the same time every day) that you then move beyond being simply a screenname to others in the forum. Just like Natalee, who most of us do not know, we are beginning to develop online relationships with each other. That is normal, IMO.
But I will also say that after a certain time of day, when the sun is down and there will probably be no more "news flashes", what is wrong with some online light comments and sharing of personal comments? I don't think anything. Truth is, you should not be made to feel that if you want to post, no matter the content of the post, that you cannot post! (wwizard, even you) Seriously, after a certain time you can only re-hash the days events so many times right? So IMO if it helps people to feel connected to Natalee and her story by being in the room and posting, what's the harm?
:::going back to my salad:::

Well said, Kerin!!!  Hey, you're killing me here with your post #.  Go take your daughter shopping!   Laughing
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2005, 10:01:57 PM »

we beat fox on the decision,  there is another arrest per fox.
alabama_mom_of_2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2005, 10:02:14 PM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "Vorpman"
I did see Fox O'R highlighting a lot of drugs on the beaches of Aruba.  Sounds like alot of the Islands are having their share of the drug epidemic.  We've been fighting the drug war for 15 years, and we've made no progress.

Oh my, about 30 years or more ago, Aruba used to be a destination resort of the very wealthy, or well to do tourist from US, Venezuela and Europe.  Somehow, somewhere, a change occured to the type of tourism, whether is was economics or competition.  At that time Exxon was a big income generator equal to Tourism.  Exxon went bye, and Arubian Govt went full tilt to tourism, especially time share...now we have the student party type...** oh new break on arubian radio..

30 years ago I was 10, fuel was 50 cent a gallon, times change, i live very close to a beach town, environment, and things are 100 percent different than they were 30 years ago, crap happens, no one is blaming aruba, and as a parent of 2 teens i have to remind myself daily of the changes in life as I was at their age.....................

Praying for Natalee to return safely!
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2005, 10:02:32 PM »

Quote from: "Dallas Also"
We almost had a breach of confidence this afternoon, that is why the insiders and those in the know are cautioning to not cross the line and tip off the bad guys with something.
Dallas, let me tell you one little "secret"... After your initial comment about "secrecy" I could realize (and I found) the "Information" about what you are "trying" to (not) say.
All this to make a simple comment: Sometimes it's better do not "wake" the people we want to maintain "asleep".  Wink
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2005, 10:02:44 PM »

All of these drug smuggling/slave trade theories are really sounding implausible, not a shred of evidence for any of it.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2005, 10:02:46 PM »

Compananzi

Max is a friend of Joran's who was questioned today.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2005, 10:03:24 PM »

Quote from: "DT"

It's Max Arends - referred to above. Valencia Community College is in Orlando, FL.
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2005, 10:03:27 PM »

OK...I want to post a clarification for the "newbies". No one cares if you are a new...I mean, hey, I was once a newbie myself, believe it or not!  Very Happy  I honestly feel we were brought together in this forum by a higher power (don't anyone go calling Sylvia Browne). Over the past week or so we have speculated, updated, agreed and disagreed. But with one common cause...sweet and gentle Natalee Holloway.
With that said, it is only the normal evolution of things that when people spend this much time together (and a lot of us are in here at the same time every day) that you then move beyond being simply a screenname to others in the forum. Just like Natalee, who most of us do not know, we are beginning to develop online relationships with each other. That is normal, IMO.
But I will also say that after a certain time of day, when the sun is down and there will probably be no more "news flashes", what is wrong with some online light comments and sharing of personal comments? I don't think anything. Truth is, you should not be made to feel that if you want to post, no matter the content of the post, that you cannot post! (wwizard, even you) Seriously, after a certain time you can only re-hash the days events so many times right? So IMO if it helps people to feel connected to Natalee and her story by being in the room and posting, what's the harm?

Thanks for that, Kerin.  I agree with you wholeheartedly.

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
sunmoonstars
Scared Monkey

Max
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2005, 10:04:19 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Compananzi

Max is a friend of Joran's who was questioned today.

I must have missed that one...think my eyes are going to fall out! What if anything do we know of him?
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2005, 10:04:21 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"
Quote from: "DT"

It's Max Arends - referred to above. Valencia Community College is in Orlando, FL.

I should stop watching fox and just keep pressing my refresh button.
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2005, 10:04:35 PM »

No harm, just a joke.  About 10 pages back on the previous thread someone stated "oh no, not another dreaded newbie"!!!  It was just a way for me to introduce myself.  I most of the time participate on another message board but this is not a "hot topic" over there and I needed to feel connected with others who care.
jenz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2005, 10:05:04 PM »

Quote from: "jankees"
I have got the following theory

I think that they are all involved in a drugs smugelling scheme

I believe they picked natalie up and took her to a place , where she swallowed little bags with cocaine, or extacy , to return to the USA the next day who would suspect a group of schoolgirls ? The dropped Joran of at his house or not / and the rest continued to their respective houses . Only one of the bags broke in her stomach , and she needed an inmediatew rescue and they took her to a place to help her a “safe house ” or boat ?! to detoxicate her , and who would dump a body full of cocaine which can be sold. So she had to hide for a few days but everything went out of hand .......................
I respectfully disagree with your theory. I believe that if Natalee is with anyone right now, then it is against her will and has nothing to do with her taking drugs..unless of course they were given to her without her knowledge. I hope one of these men crack soon and pray that Natalee is found and reunited with her family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.