May 30, 2024, 02:12:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS #8  (Read 236344 times)
scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2005, 10:43:02 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Dallas. You answered me while I was typing the response.

I will correct it on the weblog

T
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2005, 10:43:03 PM »

When his name came up this morning there were several hits one of which was the Amazon site.  There was also a tickle site with no pic, another vanity website and the picture from the delft site also shown on Reihl.  The conclusion I remember was that there are a lot of Croes and that this one may not be the one.  We couldhave been wrong in the heat of the moment.  You have a point.    

rhe piiosei
Quote from: "Itawamba"
Quote from: "Dallas Also"
The EMT thing is an urban legend.  That was a different Steve Croes.

I'm not sure why it is considered "urban legend" that Steve Croes posted his book review on amazon about an emergency medicine workbook he said was helpful in his work and in passing an EMT exam.  

He said he was on the island of Aruba in the Dutch Caribbean.  The review was written in 2001.  How in the world does anyone here know whether or not the Steve Croes they know READ THAT BOOK?  

He didn't SAY he was an EMT or that he had taken or passed an EMT exam.  Maybe he took it and didn't pass.  Seems like someone working at the beach and on boats *would* be likely to take something like that.  Lots of people do, just for the lifesaving part, not for the job.

Just seemed to me to be a leap to say it's an urban legend.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2005, 10:43:45 PM »

Dutch Boy is really on a roll, huh? He ain't getting ANY good news for all his daddy's clout at this point.

This is a very good sign that they have gotten serious about things.

I feel a lot better tonight. The pendulum is swinging back the direction we want it to go, at least we THINK so anyway.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #283 on: June 17, 2005, 10:43:58 PM »

Quote from: "Scared-Tom"

Is it an urban legend? I have it on the main web site and need to correct if so. Just got back from a night at a friends house.[/quote]

Yes, we proved that the Steve Croes that was arrested did not post that book review.  I think it is incorrect on the riehlview website also.

I'll look back here and find the proof for you, Tom.  Just give me a minute.
lilizzyboo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2005, 10:44:06 PM »

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/Exceptional-Business-Opportunity-in-Aruba-For-Sale.aspx

got this from riehlworld
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2005, 10:44:56 PM »

When his name came up this morning there were several hits one of which was the Amazon site.  There was also a tickle site with no pic, another vanity website and the picture from the delft site also shown on Reihl.  The conclusion I remember was that there are a lot of Croes and that this one may not be the one.  We couldhave been wrong in the heat of the moment.  You have a point.    

rhe piiosei

I'm not sure why it is considered "urban legend" that Steve Croes posted his book review on amazon about an emergency medicine workbook he said was helpful in his work and in passing an EMT exam.  

He said he was on the island of Aruba in the Dutch Caribbean.  The review was written in 2001.  How in the world does anyone here know whether or not the Steve Croes they know READ THAT BOOK?  

He didn't SAY he was an EMT or that he had taken or passed an EMT exam.  Maybe he took it and didn't pass.  Seems like someone working at the beach and on boats *would* be likely to take something like that.  Lots of people do, just for the lifesaving part, not for the job.

writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2005, 10:45:29 PM »

Re: police talking to student Max Arends today

Arends must be another Smith/Jones name in Aruba like Croes. There are two pages of them in the phone book..
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2005, 10:45:42 PM »

Quote from: "Tila_Bean"
Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "klaasend"
EVERYONE....say goodbye to Jankess  Laughing

Bye JankASS

I was just about to say that, but ya beat me to it  Laughing
I wanted to, but didn't want to butt in!  Rolling Eyes
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2005, 10:46:37 PM »

sb yes...as this Aruban/Netherlands investigation/judicial procedure plays out, I rather like the obfuscations or smoke screen they can operate behind to further their investigative moves.  

I'd hate to be a defendent in this system.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2005, 10:46:44 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Dutch Boy is really on a roll, huh? He ain't getting ANY good news for all his daddy's clout at this point.

I feel a lot better tonight. The pendulum is swinging back the direction we want it to go, at least we THINK so anyway.

Yes, I am really pleased with this.  I wish so much more had been done early on, but I think they are coming down pretty strongly on these guys now and I'm hoping that continues.  It's time to scare these boys to death and I think more rulings like this and more arrests will do that.  I hope Joran wet his pants a couple of times today... Laughing
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #290 on: June 17, 2005, 10:47:22 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Rose...Tom and Red are fine with it. They are sensitive to the emotions of this issue and realize that this topic is unlike political discussions they normally have on their site.
And for the poster a few pages back who said something about this not being the way a site like this would normally be used...and that people need to learn to use it correctly. My response would be that this is certainly not a "normal" event. For normal,  come back and check my posts once we start discussing the next presidential election.  Very Happy
Hmmmmm.  I'll have to think about that a while.
bkelly710
Scared Monkey

« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2005, 10:47:55 PM »

Anyone wanna give me an update?  You guys post too fast for me to have a real life too!
MiMi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2005, 10:48:40 PM »

Confirmation: Hasibokos.com has received confirmation of what we reported a few hours ago: After hearing and evaluating the case of each of the suspects in the Natalee Holloway case, judge Bob Wit announced Friday night that he decided to extend the detention of all three young suspects with at least 8 days.  More info soon...

How competitive the truth is racing to the absolute finish line
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2005, 10:48:47 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"

YES
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #294 on: June 17, 2005, 10:48:58 PM »

Yes, I did swing a bat. The MB kids get on here and this topic really upsets them. Really hurts them alot. So there are others on the board that are squashing this topic on this chatboard. It is openly debated on other chat boards though.

As I have openly stated before, I find it interesting they are on messageboards at all. The Internet can be a very bad place to be in a time of crisis like this.  Interesting that I happen to frequent other boards myself, and have see the same thing happen with posters who profess to be MB and friends of Natalee's.

For the record, you didn't tell someone to go to another messageboard to talk about it, you basically told the poster to quite metaphorically go to hell when they didn't know about this little "rule."  All I am saying is that if you wish to avoid the topic, ask Red/Tom to post an FAQ for those new people who aren't "aware" of the rule.  That way the bat you swing will be warranted, rather just abrupt and rude.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2005, 10:49:17 PM »

Quote from: "---"
Hey yall... what's going on?
DASH!!!!  Hi, how are you?  Been missin you A LOT!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2005, 10:49:26 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"

Yes.  This is the Steve Croes that was arrested.

It was a separate Steve Croes that posted info about an EMT book review and he is a heavy-set guy (we found his website and everything).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This may have already been explained someplace but there are tooooo many posts to try to go through...so please bear with me.  Will someone please explain how this Steve guy happened to get 'detained'?  I read he voluntarily went to the police station last night and gave a statement (I think because of something on J's computer or cell phone?) and was then 'taken' by the police at 6AM from his home..is this the truth or what?  BTW I read daily here...ya'wl are great...I find I don't have to ask a question other than in my head...cause if I just keep on reading it will be answered.. Thanks to all......
Praying for Natalee to come home - BTW....we hung huge yellow bow around our tree with a sign that says Bring Natalee Home......now almost our entire neighborhood have bows and signs....it'a amazing.
SunnyinTX

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2005, 10:49:28 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
Quote from: "sb"

Yes, I am really pleased with this.  I wish so much more had been done early on, but I think they are coming down pretty strongly on these guys now and I'm hoping that continues.  It's time to scare these boys to death and I think more rulings like this and more arrests will do that.  I hope Joran wet his pants a couple of times today... Laughing

I like to believe that the Aruban authorities are not mucking up the case, but instead are cleverly holding their cards close so as not to disclose anything that can jeapordize the progression of the investigation.  Think about it, we have more hope each day that Natalee is alive, and soon she will be returned home safely.  Let's keep the faith!   Smile

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #298 on: June 17, 2005, 10:49:39 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"

Itawamba, everything you say is true about the Steve Croes that posted that book-review.  But we PROVED that the Steve Croes that posted that is ANOTHER Steve Croes.  We proved it this morning about 10 or 11 am Central Daylight Time.  Maybe you can go back and you'll see how we proved it.

Since weeding through all the threads is next to impossible, especially when you're on dial up, like me....could you kindly explain how you proved this?

Much appreciated.
~Nancy

There is a Search capability on this website.  You can enter a string and search for it, and be presented a list of all the posts that contain that word.  You might enjoy looking through that.  Click "Search" at the top of this page.
Mom in Ark
Scared Monkey

« Reply #299 on: June 17, 2005, 10:50:33 PM »

I'm back after a day of lurking in the shadows.  Anything new on the FBI and locals heading to a certain area in the northern region of a South American country?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.