May 29, 2024, 07:54:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS #8  (Read 236297 times)
alabama_mom_of_2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #900 on: June 18, 2005, 02:25:15 AM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
MOM...get some coffee.

what about sleep? will that work?

Praying for Natalee to return safely!
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #901 on: June 18, 2005, 02:25:31 AM »

Quote from: "Selena"
when they " find" Natalee Holloway I bet you they are going to have to "find" a lot of other people that have " mysteriously disappeared" in Aruba, the Antilles,..that whole region...look up human trafficking, Netherland antilles,..this is the story...and Natalee is the tip of the iceberg

OK,..I'm going to do more searching,..here, for legitimate information to help the case and to educate people,....you need to know all about the country where you choose to spend your tourist dolars.they depend on us for 75% of their tourism,..75% friends.......
BRING NATALEE HOLLOWAY HOME ALIVE

This is my great hope Selena.
I'm signing off. Being taken to task for describing a school I'm very familiar with has gotten totally tedious.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #902 on: June 18, 2005, 02:25:36 AM »

Quote from: "Dallas Also"
Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "Dallas Also"
Quote from: "nancy_drew
Grow up and get your facts straight or don't report news...Head over to the theory page and throw around all kinds of fiction and possible crime scenarios.

As long as families, friends, and people like Dash continue to come here looking for truth and trust, I'll be on your ass to get your facts straight.  They're worth it, don't you think?

This isn't a game...

Bash?  What's up here?  Tom and Red, is this a reporter?

Dallas, Is Nancy's request out of line? What standards are you holding yourself to?

absolut, do you think maybe this Nancy is a reporter?  She said that for the last 30 years, each year she finds 3 or 4 sensationalist stories and tracks them relentlessly.  Do you think she is a reporter for a news service, etc?  She has really worked all day to try to document sources.   I have a verifiable source and a confirmation for each item, but we need to know if we have a reporter.  She asked me earlier in the evening to provide sources.  I told her how she could do her own research, but she didn't.  She reminds me of MazRad, is the main thing on my mind.

The quotes aren't working correctly, my post starts here:

Dallas, got the ol' flask out tonight? Where the hell did you get this, "She said that for the last 30 years, each year she finds 3 or 4 sensationalist stories and tracks them relentlessly." WHERE DID I SAY THAT?!?!  I never said that anywhere!  It's not true!  Why on earth would you say such a thing?  Just like your "faux news" reports, it's wrong. Fabricated!

It doesn't matter if I'm a reporter, or not.  The question is whether you have character and ethics in your role here.
Selena
Scared Monkey

« Reply #903 on: June 18, 2005, 02:25:38 AM »

ALabama Mom,..someone posted we are the ones buying drugs,.I'm not
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #904 on: June 18, 2005, 02:26:35 AM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Dallas,

Reporter or not, if you can verify your "facts" why would you hesitate? Other forums would simply delete your hearsay and move on.

Nancy may be an author of crime novels or true crime. You really didn't answer my question either.

absolut, did you have a question for me?  Repost it for me, will you?

What I did to create that report was throughout the day today.  As soon as we had a confirmation, I copy-pasted it into a little doc.  I didn't expect to meet the Real Nancy Drew and have to quote our two sources for each item.  And honestly, she's out there.  I'm pretty sure.

I did that only because I had promised mbhs05 this morning that I would post the day's summary at midnight her time.  Honestly, you guys weren't even the intended audience.
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #905 on: June 18, 2005, 02:26:43 AM »

Quote from: "waitingtoknow"
 I hate the quotes that fill up the whole page....I think it is not needed...however...I sure wish I knew how to do it correctly...the only way I know to quote makes it come up with the word quote before and after the statement...ugghh  

You can edit inside the two brackets by deleting the words you dont need/want in the quote

Quote from: "waitingtoknow"
 blah blah...see  
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #906 on: June 18, 2005, 02:27:07 AM »

when they " find" Natalee Holloway I bet you they are going to have to "find" a lot of other people that have " mysteriously disappeared" in Aruba, the Antilles,..that whole region...look up human trafficking, Netherland antilles,..this is the story...and Natalee is the tip of the iceberg

BRING NATALEE HOLLOWAY HOME ALIVE
I agree!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #907 on: June 18, 2005, 02:27:28 AM »

that was very well said, klowe. I didn't post an opinion because I wasn't quite sure how the disagreement started.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #908 on: June 18, 2005, 02:27:55 AM »

Two things...

1. Chloe...gotta agree with you...;
2. Nancy Drew...sort of new about this detective theme and its "icon-ish" name brand...

Had no clue that Nancy Drew had such a "name brand" as she did.

uh, wow....
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #909 on: June 18, 2005, 02:28:47 AM »

ALabama Mom,..someone posted we are the ones buying drugs,.I'm not

Selena I posted that "we" in the US are the consumers...its all about supply/demand....if we stop buying, they have no need to supply.
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #910 on: June 18, 2005, 02:29:19 AM »

edit that last post...

it's knew...those homonyms; they can just trick you up!)
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #911 on: June 18, 2005, 02:29:23 AM »

klowe...I am thinking you need to speak up more often...VERY WELL PUT...and welcome to monkeyland
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #912 on: June 18, 2005, 02:29:28 AM »

Where the hell did you get this, "She said that for the last 30 years, each year she finds 3 or 4 sensationalist stories and tracks them relentlessly." WHERE DID I SAY THAT?!?!  

Uhm, Nancy didn't say that.  Itawamba did in response to a post someone made back to him/her, but it wasn't in the context of which Dallas posted as attributed to you, Nancy.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: June 18, 2005, 02:29:46 AM »

Dallas, Is Nancy's request out of line? What standards are you holding yourself to?
alabama_mom_of_2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #914 on: June 18, 2005, 02:30:26 AM »

Quote from: "klowe"
I am mostly just a lurker on this message board, and have only been following it for a few days, and I have been on the site most of the day at work earlier and now tonight, and I am just now catching up to current postings.   I just want to express something about the posts from Nancy towards Dallas also.
I am not sure how the misunderstanding began because I have seen both posters contribute good conversation to a mutual concern.  I can't help however noticing a trend with Nancys post.  She was gone for a while and came back on later asking for an update.  Then it turned into a demanding of information and she specified wanting this update from Dallas Also.  When Dallas finally after several posts of encouraging Nancy to do research back to earlier speculations and newsbreaks, decides to take the time to break down the time line of what mostly was heard, seen, and experienced on the site earlier today, Nancy then proceeds to attack Dallas for this update.  I have been online watching these posts most  of the day and the update was right on the mark and correct as to what was discussed today.  Dallas Also did not owe the update but provided one and then was slammed for it?  I know it is not unusual for misunderstandings to happen and the tension from all of this may be getting to all of us, but my goodness, can we all chill out a little and understand that we are all here for the same reason, out of concern for Natalee.  We aren't here to impress anyone with our own reporting skills or detective skills, just sharing information.  It is getting late and I believe I will call it a night.   Please no one take offense to this, I just see no need in the unnecessary attacks to each other.  I hope this makes sense, I am very tired myself.
Goodnight to all and my thoughts go out to Natalee tonight, may she experience peace very soon from all the suffering she is going thru and may she be safe in her own home very soon.
Klowe

WELL SAID, and um, I think Nancy needs sleep, like me, ya did a good job, post with us more often!

Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #915 on: June 18, 2005, 02:32:14 AM »

What I like about Nancy Drew....tenacity.

The cameo "picture" and that's about it.
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #916 on: June 18, 2005, 02:32:21 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
It doesn't matter if I'm a reporter, or not.  The question is whether you have character and ethics in your role here.[/b]

Who do you report for?
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #917 on: June 18, 2005, 02:34:26 AM »

Quote from: "RB"
Where the hell did you get this, "She said that for the last 30 years, each year she finds 3 or 4 sensationalist stories and tracks them relentlessly." WHERE DID I SAY THAT?!?!  

Uhm, Nancy didn't say that.  Itawamba did in response to a post someone made back to him/her, but it wasn't in the context of which Dallas posted as attributed to you, Nancy.

Thanks for the correction, RB!

RB just demonstrated the interactiveness of a blog and how it drives out inaccuracies.

So, who do you report for?
alabama_mom_of_2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #918 on: June 18, 2005, 02:34:32 AM »

nancy_drew wrote:
It doesn't matter if I'm a reporter, or not. The question is whether you have character and ethics in your role here.[/b]

My daughter had to do a term paper on character last year in cheerleading, do you need to borrow it?

heartache
Scared Monkey

« Reply #919 on: June 18, 2005, 02:34:41 AM »

RB... if I could figure out how to pull out a quote on this BB I would... but alas.. I don't.  As far as Mexico City... Mexicans  that live in other parts of the country do not want to travel there.  For those of you that think Aruba is Decadent... perhaps you should  hit Cabo San Lucas.  On any given night... there are at least 10O Honor Students... engaging in all kinds of horrific activities. They get drunk, they take drugs, they go to strip bars(yes, even the girls) they get nekkid on the beach, they get in strange cars with strange boys and go to strange places and do strange things. Sometimes. their parents are back at the  The One and Only Palmilla, doing strange things themselves. If you think the Aruba Polis Dept. is a cluster...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.