May 29, 2024, 10:03:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS #8  (Read 236330 times)
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #960 on: June 18, 2005, 02:52:18 AM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "waitingtoknow"
okay...wait...
what are ya'll thinking is the reason why our Arubian friends have not been here tonight????

maybe they read what was said about them earlier and decided not to return

They all came in briefly around 10 pm Central Daylight Time.

Just do a find on NativeLingo, AmericaninAruba, and DJTAYLOR to see their blogs this evening.

They posted a bunch today, but earlier in the day when the radio reports were occurring.
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #961 on: June 18, 2005, 02:53:06 AM »

make sense?  this is not easy to explain!!  argh LOL[/quote]

hmmmm
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #962 on: June 18, 2005, 02:53:30 AM »

Quote from: "waitingtoknow"
i did what you said...and nothing...ugghh
No offense but I know, and its easy'  Click "quotr" make sure what you wriye is LAST THING.  If you want to delete from quote, just be sure you go to bottom for your words. (Layman's terms)
alabama_mom_of_2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #963 on: June 18, 2005, 02:53:36 AM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "Dallas Also"
Quote from: "Whitney"
Anyone, before doing the "goodnight," to my friends, was there any definitive source that had the DEA/FBI going into the Venezuelan peninsula?  

The other is that that the normal population of identifiable Aruban posters was conspicuously absent tonight.

No, Whitney, please file that one in the rumours basket.  We had no confirmation at all.

Careful Dallas very careful.
lol. ok, i'll say No, Whitney, please file that one in the rumours basket. We had no confirmation at all.

Praying for Natalee to return safely!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: June 18, 2005, 02:54:15 AM »

Quote from: "heartache"
How come my subject line does not show up? Why can I not just highlight  another posters comment and have it show up? Why do cheerleaders mothers think their daughters are the end all and be all?  Razz

That was said in jest, right?

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: June 18, 2005, 02:55:42 AM »

Easiest way on this forum to find a post from someone you are currently communicating with. Click profile, then click Find all posts by "XXXXX" Also

Unless they have thousands of post and you have no idea which day they posted its right there plain as day. When they were here what they said etc.

--- is the most interesting person here to read this history of IMO.
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #966 on: June 18, 2005, 02:55:48 AM »

Quote from: "Whitney"
I'm just wondering where I came up with such an apocryphal story...
It isn't your fault... almost all the times is the nuance in one paragraph or in the headline that "point" us to where the writer want. Wink
alabama_mom_of_2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #967 on: June 18, 2005, 02:56:28 AM »

Quote from: "heartache"
How come my subject line does not show up? Why can I not just highlight  another posters comment and have it show up? Why do cheerleaders mothers think their daughters are the end all and be all?  Razz

That was said in jest, right?

heartache, I can see why your heart aches!

Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #968 on: June 18, 2005, 02:57:13 AM »

Where the hell did you get this, "She said that for the last 30 years, each year she finds 3 or 4 sensationalist stories and tracks them relentlessly."

No, I sure as heck didn't say THAT, either!  That's someone's spin and it's very wrong.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #969 on: June 18, 2005, 02:57:28 AM »

Do you guys ever sleep?   Shocked
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: June 18, 2005, 02:58:27 AM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

DF...you may want to sit up in the loft where it's safe

absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: June 18, 2005, 02:58:43 AM »

Itawamba Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is getting ridiculous. Calling me a troll because I asked to be allowed to SEE the posts here, instead of having everything running off 100 miles an hour, only to finally get in to read and it's all "yeah, that's funny" and "way to go" and "you rock."

Then quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes forever. Why is it so important that you fill up all these pages so fast, so that no one can really read them? (Not to mention take the time to post anything.) We're not all ADHD like some of you seem to be.

Then to tell us we need to go back and SEARCH for posts that were put up while some of us WERE SITTING here TRYING to get in, while you all had your gabarama to keep us out. I got our own forum posts somewhere else from someone who *could* get in to this forum, where I'm a member--and the only I chose for this case.

"Following crime blogs" is not an insult! I pick and choose 3-4 crimes-against-children or women per year and give them my undivided attention, with 30 years worth of investigative research behind me. My HEART went out to Natalee.

This *superior* attitude of the little clique here is obnoxious. I hate to think you have run anyone off who might've had a bright idea or new angle that helped solve this. Prosecutors *have* been helped by online brainstorms on crime FORUMS before and I'm sure it will happen again. I don't get why you all don't want justice, instead of just a little clique-y talkfest!
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #972 on: June 18, 2005, 02:59:04 AM »

Why?
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #973 on: June 18, 2005, 03:00:22 AM »

Why?

Oh, I see.  I left earlier because of that.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #974 on: June 18, 2005, 03:01:09 AM »

Why?

sending you a PM

alabama_mom_of_2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #975 on: June 18, 2005, 03:01:11 AM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Itawamba Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is getting ridiculous. Calling me a troll because I asked to be allowed to SEE the posts here, instead of having everything running off 100 miles an hour, only to finally get in to read and it's all "yeah, that's funny" and "way to go" and "you rock."

Then quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes forever. Why is it so important that you fill up all these pages so fast, so that no one can really read them? (Not to mention take the time to post anything.) We're not all ADHD like some of you seem to be.

Then to tell us we need to go back and SEARCH for posts that were put up while some of us WERE SITTING here TRYING to get in, while you all had your gabarama to keep us out. I got our own forum posts somewhere else from someone who *could* get in to this forum, where I'm a member--and the only I chose for this case.

"Following crime blogs" is not an insult! I pick and choose 3-4 crimes-against-children or women per year and give them my undivided attention, with 30 years worth of investigative research behind me. My HEART went out to Natalee.

This *superior* attitude of the little clique here is obnoxious. I hate to think you have run anyone off who might've had a bright idea or new angle that helped solve this. Prosecutors *have* been helped by online brainstorms on crime FORUMS before and I'm sure it will happen again. I don't get why you all don't want justice, instead of just a little clique-y talkfest!

Are you done jacking your jawls yet?

Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #976 on: June 18, 2005, 03:01:28 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Dallas:

I beg your pardon? Requesting personal information?  Oh, you think I"m a reporter here to steal your investigations?  Is this a joke?

I am asking you kindly to give truthful, sourced news reports.  If these were mere "forum discussions" it would be different.  But, stating that "several authorities report they now believe Natalee is alive" is way beyond chit chat.  You could say, "Rumours of a renewed belief Natalee is alive are rampant, but unconfirmed."  Or, "A forum informant reports a person by the name of Lorenzo has been detained and questioned.  This report has not been confirmed.

If you'd like to learn a little more, check out Dan's site...he's very good at noting when an item is hearsay and rumor or opinion. And he makes corrections where necessary.

Regards,
~Nancy

LOL.  I don't have an investigation to steal.  You behave alot like a reporter.  Who do you report for?
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: June 18, 2005, 03:02:42 AM »

Mom...still wondering about that cheerleader comment.  ?

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #978 on: June 18, 2005, 03:03:25 AM »

Quote from: "neil"
... There were three or four boys involved and I never really knew whether or not to believe what happened..

Don't believe it.  

The point is that Joran, as a self centered teen, probably did not fully realize the implications of such an act, nor did he or his friends have sufficiently developed moral systems to deal with their hormones.

You must be kidding!  Are you intentionally providing an excuse for their behavior?  Wrong is wrong--and a person's level of self-centered-ness is not a mitigating factor!

I can appreciate that maybe the brothers were willing to drive the car for such a project, maybe as just friends, or maybe with the thought of participating in "easy sex".  I can just as easily comprehend how someone would help Joran dispose of the body from an "accident" without fully considering the morality or legality of such an act.

If you "appreciate" this type of behavior, then your own moral code is quite questionable.  No, this is never right--never.

Just watch Jerry Springer sometimes if you doubt the quality of values that some people embody.

You know, when my kids were into watching Springer, I used it as a springboard to conversations with them about what was right and wrong and why some people obviously acted with no ethical principles at all.  Come over sometime and I'll give you my little Jerry Springer talk.

BRING NATALEE HOME
cast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #979 on: June 18, 2005, 03:04:42 AM »

Selena Good Work. We are on the same page.

Sorry for sending this via private mail to you at first. Thats what happens when one fails to read instructions.

Wonderful job SM members. You guys have really been on the ball. We have visited your site for breaking and the latest news on the Natalee Holloway case and you guys have and are delivering.

Congratulations and thank you for your hard work and service.

May Natalee come home alive soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.