April 24, 2024, 06:47:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...a set of experiences and a history that doesn’t go away."  (Read 1666 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 19, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »

President Obama made a long winded speech today.  Preaching to the choir?

Communities and families all over America have a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away...

- At our nation's founding, slavery was illegal in many states.  Never became legal, and such states may have offered safety and sanctuary to run away slaves.  Does Obama ever mention the awesome people who founded this nation? 

America was likely unique among global nations at the time in making slavery illegal, allowing common people to rule themselves. 

- There are white people, white families that never owned slaves in these united states.  Many have no family or personal history of slave ownership.  Slaves were expensive and beyond the means of the average early American.  Immigrants after slavery?  Not guilty either.

Plantations were owned by the elite, the wealthy, the old money class.  They had the means to own not just one or two, but thousands.  Perhaps some guilty white liberals do have a family history that includes slave ownership, racism, and bigotry?

Perhaps that old lady clutching her purse on the elevator has a history too.  LIke the pres said, blacks do commit crime and perhaps this old lady is a crime victim?  Perhaps she has been victimized multiple time?  Maybe all the criminals were black?

Perhaps his grandmother had a set of experiences and a history that never went away?

Why does it seem like his only sympathy is for black people?  Native Americans?  Illegal aliens?

Does he belittle the Native Americans or does he throw billions of dollar at them?  Ahh...you're just being nativists.  We need to send more illegal immigrants to live on your reservations and use your welfare and other benefits.  You got a problem with that?  You must be a bigot, a racist, a homophobe...

Why does it seem like he only sees the color of one's skin before speaking?  Ignores the crime that goes on in financial industry? 

Could those unhappy with the Zimmerman verdict ever make a jury decision without knowing the racial, ethnic, and economic status of all those involved?  I don't think they could.

Why is our nation becoming a haven for criminals to the detriment of American citizens?

just my humble opinions and questions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:34:31 PM »

Racism doesn't go away?

I think many let go of racism decades and generations.  They determined to find a better life for their families and their children.  Evidence?  The Cheerio commercial.

What of those folks that don't want to give up the victim card?  How many were actually living in slavery?  I think the slave generation died off over a decade ago.  Decades ago. 

If people don't make a conscious decision to change for a better life, why should others be on the hook?

You can't change other people, you can only change yourself.

Racism is a thing of the past for many, others refuse to let it go.

Not everyone is going to like you, get used to it.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »

What is the lingering racism in this country?

A media that refuses to report on crimes regardless of race.

A government that refuses to charge people of all races and backgrounds race crimes.  It seems like only whites get charged with race based crimes and civil rights violations...

A government that has race based enhancers/hate crimes prosecutions.  Why isn't just blind?  How is it possible for anyone to determine the degree of someones like or dislike of another?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.