April 20, 2024, 08:55:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is chronic Lyme disease complex real and is it related to fibromyalgia?  (Read 2367 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 21, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »

Fibromyalgia (FMS) is one of the most elusive diseases that affect the human body. Given its many vague symptoms – numbness, anxiety, insomnia, irritable bowel syndrome, depression and more – it’s very hard to diagnose, which explains why the cause of FMS is currently unknown. Like any idiopathic disease or medical condition, not fully understanding the cause and treatment can be the most devastating part.

Some experts believe FMS is related to hormonal disturbances and chemical imbalances affecting the nervous system. Others link the condition to illness, trauma or just plain stress. Still other researchers blame genetics or claim there is no explanation at all. Indeed, even today, fibromyalgia is often labeled as a somatoform disorder, meaning “it’s all in the head,” but anyone actually suffering from FMS will tell you this not the case.

Therefore, it’s important to note that our clinical experience with numerous patients points to Lyme disease (or what other LLMD’s have dubbed chronic Lyme disease complex,) as having something to do with fibromyalgia’s origins for some patients.

read more here - http://www.sheamedical.com/the-fibromyalgia-myth/

I think this is an interesting artice.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.