April 19, 2024, 01:26:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amnesty II - A Slap In The Face?  (Read 848 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 24, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »

Once again, as in the past, the Post-Standard runs an article by someone on the plight of illegal aliens and how an amnesty will take care of all of the problems and make the USA a better nation for it.

For starters, I am not against immigration and support the legal entry process. But no matter how one cuts it, what now is being proposed in Washington, D.C., is nothing but an amnesty which, in time, will only encourage others to emigrate here illegally.

Erroneously, Mr. Paul Welch writes about the benefits of an amnesty. (Why are undocumented Guatemalans in Syracuse? ) As a former probation officer in New York City, no less than one-third of my case load dealt with illegal aliens. Overwhelmingly, they were supported by various programs and had no desires for self-improvement. As for those deported, many were criminals.

The majority of Hispanics which I know are against any kind of amnesty. One of my best sergeants in Kuwait-Iraq was a Mexican-American whose parents arrived here legally several decades ago. He strongly opposed any favoritism to illegal residents knowing that "it is a slap in the face of my parents who waited for over 10 years to enter legally this country."

Read more here - http://blog.syracuse.com/opinion/2013/07/amnesty_for_undocumented_immig.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.