April 19, 2024, 03:48:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: J.J. Cale, songwriter of 'Cocaine,' dead at 74  (Read 2736 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 27, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »

7-27-13
snipppp
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=820172
J.J. Cale, the songwriter behind the Eric Clapton classics "Cocaine" and "After Midnight," died  Friday at the age of 74.

Bing: Videos of Cale

Born John Weldon Cale in 1938 in Oklahoma City, Okla., the Grammy winner was an originator of the "Tulsa Sound," a loose genre drawing on blues, rockabilly, country and jazz influences.

His career saw him release 14 albums and his songs have been covered by acts including Johnny Cash, Santana, Tom Petty, Waylon Jennings and Captain Beefheart. His biggest U.S. hit single, "Crazy Mama," peaked at No. 22 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1972.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:34:49 PM »

http://www.kwtx.com/news/entertainment/headlines/Eric-Clapton-Pays-Tribute-To-JJ-Cale-268644992.html
Eric Clapton Pays Tribute To JJ Cale
July 26, 2014

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (July 25, 2014) Eric Clapton says he wanted to pay the late JJ Cale back for helping him escape his personal demons, so he decided to record a tribute album featuring Cale's music.

Calse died last year and Clapton says while he was headed to his friend’s funeral, he thought about doing an album covering Cale's music.

The result is "The Breeze: An Appreciation of JJ Cale,” a 16-tune album that was released this week.

Willie Nelson, Tom Petty, Mark Knopfler and John Mayer are among the artists featured on the project.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.