March 19, 2024, 12:23:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 18 Year Old Caroline Karimi Missing Since 7/29/13 in West Los Angeles, CA FOUND SAFE  (Read 5628 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: July 31, 2013, 09:22:38 AM »

18 Year Old Caroline Karimi Missing Since 7/29/13 in West Los Angeles, CA

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/31/18-year-old-caroline-karimi-missing-since-72913-in-west-los-angeles-ca/

18 year old Caroline Karimi has been missing since Monday,  July 29, 2013 in West Los Angeles, California. Caroline Karimi was last seen at 7 am on Monday at her home in the 2900 block of Queensbury Street in the West Los Angeles area.  Karimi a volunteer at San Gabriel Valley Medical Center. Prior to her going to the hospital reports say that she used her credit card to buy gas and then she  was spotted on surveillance video at a nearby Vons supermarket, where she used her credit card to buy a sandwich. The video then shows her getting back into her metallic light green Prius and leaving the parking lot alone. At 7:25 am she texted her mother that she was headed to the hospital; however, she never arrived. According to the girl’s father her credit cards have not been used since and her cell phone has been turned off.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:24:38 AM »

Police Search For Missing West Los Angeles Teenager

http://ktla.com/2013/07/30/police-search-for-missing-west-los-angeles-teenager/#axzz2acskmqO1

The teenager has brown hair and green eyes.

She stands 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 135 pounds.

Karimi was last seen wearing a dark-blue hospital shirt, white pants and orange and blue shoes.

She was driving a 1997 light green Toyota Prius with California license plate No. 5YVV475.

Anyone with information was urged to contact Detective Alma Mercado of the LAPD Missing Persons Unit, at (213) 996-1800.

VIDEO: http://landing.newsinc.com/ktla/video.html?freewheel=91045&sitesection=ktla_localnews&VID=24985174
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »

Public's Help Sought in Finding Missing SoCal Teen

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Police-Seek-Help-Finding-Missing-Teen-217705281.html

Her father told NBC4 that she has Asperger's syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder characterized by social impairment and communication difficulties.

She was scheduled to board a flight on Wednesday to visit family in Boston.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »

gracious, this doesn't feel good.
Hope I am wrong!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 02:45:58 PM »

18 Year Old Caroline Karimi Missing Since 7/29/13 in West Los Angeles, CA

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/31/18-year-old-caroline-karimi-missing-since-72913-in-west-los-angeles-ca/

18 year old Caroline Karimi has been missing since Monday,  July 29, 2013 in West Los Angeles, California. Caroline Karimi was last seen at 7 am on Monday at her home in the 2900 block of Queensbury Street in the West Los Angeles area.  Karimi a volunteer at San Gabriel Valley Medical Center. Prior to her going to the hospital reports say that she used her credit card to buy gas and then she  was spotted on surveillance video at a nearby Vons supermarket, where she used her credit card to buy a sandwich. The video then shows her getting back into her metallic light green Prius and leaving the parking lot alone. At 7:25 am she texted her mother that she was headed to the hospital; however, she never arrived. According to the girl’s father her credit cards have not been used since and her cell phone has been turned off.

According to CNN ... the Von's store where Caroline purchased her sandwich and contacted her mother is over two miles from her home in the opposite direction of the medical center.

Could it be that Caroline is a runaway ... a runaway who wanted avoid for personal reasons getting on a plane this morning with her father for a family gathering in Boston?

When I consider the alternatives ... I hope that this young lady has left of her own accord.

It would be appreciated if someone could post a simple map that outlines Carolines route from home to the Von's store and ... then to the medical center.  Thanks.

Janet

++++++

Search Continues for Cheviot Hills Teen With Autism
July 31, 2013

<snipped>

Karimi has Aspereger syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism, according to her father, Dr. Art Karimi. ....

Karimi and her father were scheduled to fly to Boston on Wednesday morning from LAX to attend a family gathering.

<snipped>

http://ktla.com/2013/07/31/search-continues-for-missing-west-l-a-teenager/#axzz2adnEgc8J

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 08:20:04 PM »

According to CNN ... the Von's store where Caroline purchased her sandwich and contacted her mother is over two miles from her home in the opposite direction of the medical center.

Could it be that Caroline is a runaway ... a runaway who wanted avoid for personal reasons getting on a plane this morning with her father for a family gathering in Boston?

When I consider the alternatives ... I hope that this young lady has left of her own accord.

It would be appreciated if someone could post a simple map that outlines Carolines route from home to the Von's store and ... then to the medical center.  Thanks.

Janet

++++++

[/quote]

Why would you even think that?
Good grief!  Casting her in a dark light.  I'm sure her loving family does not appreciate such comments.  I know I don't!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 09:53:34 PM »

Sister

If my Caroline was my granddaughter ... I would rather cling to the hope that she ran away from home over a family matter rather that imagine she had been abducted, raped and murdered.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »

Hospital volunteer Caroline Karimi vanishes; search intensifies
Wednesday, July 31, 2013

<snipped>

Authorities and the woman's family are now trying to figure out what happened to her.

Police say Karimi's friends, Vivian and Valerie Lopez, may know where Karimi is. They say the twin sisters have not been reported missing, but detectives have not been able to track them down. Investigators believe they were the last ones to talk to Karimi.

"We're trying to do the best we can to identify where we think that they may be, if they may be together or they may not be together, we don't know that yet," said Lt. Andre Dawson with the Los Angeles Police Department.

<snipped>

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9191428

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »

I am hopeful there is about to be a positive outcome in the disappearance of Caroline Karami!  The possibility that Caroline may be with her good friends must afford a measure of comfort to her parents.  If Caroline did leave of her own accord ... the underlying reasons can always be discussed and worked out within the family setting once she returns.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 11:32:11 PM »

Hospital volunteer Caroline Karimi vanishes; search intensifies
Wednesday, July 31, 2013

<snipped>

Authorities and the woman's family are now trying to figure out what happened to her.

Police say Karimi's friends, Vivian and Valerie Lopez, may know where Karimi is. They say the twin sisters have not been reported missing, but detectives have not been able to track them down. Investigators believe they were the last ones to talk to Karimi.

"We're trying to do the best we can to identify where we think that they may be, if they may be together or they may not be together, we don't know that yet," said Lt. Andre Dawson with the Los Angeles Police Department.

<snipped>

Vivian and Valerie Lopez, seen on opposite sides of the now-missing Caroline Karimi, may know her whereabouts.

http://**/ci_23768143/18-year-old-west-l-girl-missing-since

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »

Mystery Deepens Involving Missing Hospital Volunteer, 18
July 31, 2013 6:41 PM

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The mystery surrounding missing hospital volunteer Caroline Karimi intensified Wednesday when police said they believed she might be with two friends.

Police also said Wednesday they did not suspect foul play.

Meanwhile, Karimi’s mother arrived home from Boston where the missing woman and her father were expected to join her today on vacation.

<snipped>

The woman’s frantic father, Dr. Ardeshir Karimi, said today that his daughter had a mild case of Asperger’s Syndrome.

Police believe Karimi might be with friends and former classmates, twin sisters Valerie and Vivian Lopez. They think the Lopez sisters could also know where Karimi is.

The lead detective on the case told Lazar the twins have also not been seen since Monday. They had email contact with their father but when asked if they knew where Karimi was, he said they did not reply.

Karimi’s parents said their daughter, a recent high school graduate, has no history of depression or running away.

<snipped>

Detectives said Karimi’s cell phone has been turned off making it impossible to track her movements.

“There has been no credit card activity … any types of phone calls we may be able to trace, so far, again we are in the earlier stages of it. That is all we have right now,” said LAPD Lt. Andre Dawson.

<snipped>

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/07/31/mystery-deepens-involving-missing-hospital-volunteer-18/

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »

SoCal Teen Missing for Two Days Found Safe in Wyoming

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Police-Seek-Help-Finding-Missing-Teen-217705281.html

An 18-year-old woman who was reported missing this week has been found in Wyoming with friends after taking an unannounced road trip, her father told NBC4.

Caroline Karimi of West Los Angeles sent her mother a text late Wednesday saying she was in Wyoming with friends, according to her father, Dr. Ardeshir Karimi.

"She told her mom she just wanted to spend some time with her friends before college started," Ardeshir Karimi said.

Is this a result of her Asperger's? Or is this another teen with no sense of understanding of what they do has consequences?

Obviously we are glad she is safe, that goes without saying. But what is up lately with the rash of reporting missing person cases where these kids are just wandering off telling their parents one thing and doing something completely irresponsible?

The parents will be lucky if they are not stuck with the tab for the man hours for this search and investigation. 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 07:04:50 AM »

Missing Cheviot Hills Teen Found Safe in Wyoming

http://ktla.com/2013/07/31/search-continues-for-missing-west-l-a-teenager/#axzz2acskmqO1

Her father, Dr. Art Karimi, said he received a call from his daughter on Wednesday at about 9:30 p.m.

She had gone on a road trip with friends without informing her family, according to Dr. Karimi.

Family members became concerned on Monday when she failed to show up at San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, where she volunteers four days a week.

So this kid has Asperger's ... the friends did not. Are you saying that none of these people had the common sense to say where they were going? 

I mean she was dressed to go to work. She told her family she was going to work. I actually think that the blaming on Asperger's is a bit of BS. She purposely put forth the charade that she was going to work and did something totally different. Imagine if something bad happened when they went on this unplanned trip to Wyoming?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 07:27:28 AM »

Hospital volunteer Caroline Karimi found safe in Wyoming

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

CHEVIOT HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Missing hospital volunteer Caroline Karimi has been found in Wyoming with two of her friends. Police say she is in good condition and has made contact with her family.

It was not immediately known why the 18-year-old was in Wyoming and how she got there.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 08:31:52 AM »

http://ktla.com/2013/07/31/search-continues-for-missing-west-l-a-teenager/#axzz2acskmqO1

Her father, Dr. Art Karimi, said he received a call from his daughter on Wednesday at about 9:30 p.m.

She had gone on a road trip with friends without informing her family, according to Dr. Karimi.

Family members became concerned on Monday when she failed to show up at San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, where she volunteers four days a week.

So this kid has Asperger's ... the friends did not. Are you saying that none of these people had the common sense to say where they were going? 

I mean she was dressed to go to work. She told her family she was going to work. I actually think that the blaming on Asperger's is a bit of BS. She purposely put forth the charade that she was going to work and did something totally different. Imagine if something bad happened when they went on this unplanned trip to Wyoming?

I agree!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 08:32:15 AM »

Hospital volunteer Caroline Karimi found safe in Wyoming

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

CHEVIOT HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Missing hospital volunteer Caroline Karimi has been found in Wyoming with two of her friends. Police say she is in good condition and has made contact with her family.

It was not immediately known why the 18-year-old was in Wyoming and how she got there.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 10:29:54 AM »

I am thankful that Caroline is safe.  However ... there are many unanswered questions as to why this young lady did not contact her parents ... why she put them through this h--- on earth of not knowing.  When the Aspereger syndrome is considered ... Caroline's mother may be correct in her suspicion that Caroline was influence by her friends ... friends that fail to comprehend that there is a difference between parental protection and parental control.

My heart goes out to this young lady who is struggling for her independence but ... my heart also goes out to her parents are aware of their daughter's life-skill limitations. 

Janet

August 1, 2013

CHEVIOT HILLS, Calif. (KTLA) — A teenager with a form of autism who disappeared after leaving her family’s Cheviot Hills home was found safe Wednesday evening in Wyoming.

Caroline Karimi, 18, was pulled over by state police as she was passing through the city of Cheyenne

Her father, Dr. Art Karimi, said he received a call from his daughter on Wednesday around 9:30 p.m.

She had gone on a road trip with her twin friends without informing her family, according to Dr. Karimi.

<snipped>

Karimi has Aspereger syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism, which her parents worried was the reason for the change in her behavior.

“She’s easily influenced by people around her, and it makes guiding a child through adolescence and into adulthood extremely difficult,” mother Anita Nathoni said.

“It sounds like she’s trying to be independent, but there are two other children involved,” Nathoni said.

“It could be with the influence of the two other children that she’s gotten herself into this predicament,” she said.

Karimi said she has no plans to return home and, instead, will go straight to college in the fall, according to her parents.

http://ktla.com/2013/08/01/search-continues-for-missing-west-l-a-teenager/#axzz2adnEgc8J

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 10:55:24 AM »

Asperger Syndrome

Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger disorder (AD), is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests. It differs from other autism spectrum disorders by its relative preservation of linguistic and cognitive development.

The syndrome is named after the Austrian pediatrician Hans Asperger who, in 1944, studied and described children in his practice who lacked nonverbal communication skills, demonstrated limited empathy with their peers ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

_____

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.