March 19, 2024, 01:15:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiara Miller 11 & Santaria Norwood 13 Missing 7/27/13 Milwaukee, WI (both safe)  (Read 7948 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: July 29, 2013, 12:22:17 AM »

11 Year Old Kiara Miller & 13 Year Old Santaria Norwood Missing Since July 27, 2013 in Milwaukee, WI

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/07/28/11-year-old-kiara-miller-13-year-old-santaria-norwood-missing-since-july-27-2013-in-milwaukee-wi/

11 year old Kiara Miller and 13 year old Santaria Norwood have been missing since Saturday afternoon, July 27, 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The two girls were last seen at 6:00 pm heading to play at Washington Park Saturday afternoon. The girls showed up at Kiara’s home, in the 4400 block of W. North Ave., at 6 p.m. and asked to go back to the park. Before they were allowed to walk off again, her mom gave Kiara a curfew of 8 p.m. However, they never returned home following their 8:00 p.m. curfew. Kiara Miller’s mother searched the park with a car and checked at Norwood’s home but couldn’t find the girls. Kiara’s mom, Vanessa Moralez, reported them missing at 12:21 a.m. Sunday.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:55:29 PM by klaasend » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:24:04 AM »

Police seek help finding 2 missing girls

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/police-seek-help-finding-2-missing-girls-b9963836z1-217321401.html

Milwaukee police are seeking the public's help finding two middle-school girls from Milwaukee who have been missing since 6 p.m. Saturday.

Kiara L. Miller, 11, is a sixth-grader at Waukesha Middle School, and her friend, Sanaria R. Norwood, 13, is an eighth-grader at Roosevelt Middle School.

According to a news release by Milwaukee police, Kiara got permission to go see Sanaria about 4 p.m. Saturday. The two were at Kiara's house and asked Kiara's mom, Vanessa Moralez, for permission to walk to Washington Park in the 1800 block of N. 40th St. Her mom agreed, but told them to check in back at the house every hour.

Kiara is 5 feet 1 inch and 145 pounds, has curly shoulder-length black hair and lives in the 4400 block of W. North Ave. She was last seen wearing a pink Abercrombie & Fitch zip-up sweater, blue jeans and Nike tennis shoes in gray, white and pink.

Sanaria, who also goes by the nickname Ri-Ri, is 5 feet 1 inch, 90 pounds, has short curly black hair with blond highlighted tips. She lives in the 2500 block of N. 39th St. She was last seen wearing pink and white pajama pants, a purple tank top and a purple Gucci sweatshirt.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Milwaukee Police Department's Sensitive Crimes Division at (414) 935-7403.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 12:25:47 AM »

Police search for 2 missing Milwaukee girls

VIDEO
Police are searching for two young girls, last seen Saturday afternoon.

11-year-old Kiara Miller and 13-year-old Santaria Norwood were last seen heading to play at Washington Park Saturday afternoon. After the girls' 8:00 p.m. curfew passed, Miller's mother searched the park with a car and checked at Norwood's home but couldn't find the girls.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 01:29:26 AM »

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/police-seek-help-finding-2-missing-girls-b9963836z1-217321401.html

1 missing Milwaukee girl found; update on the other expected
July 28, 2013 7:29 p.m.

Milwaukee police reported late Sunday night that one of two missing middle-school girls had been found, and they were hoping to have information on the other soon. The girls had been missing since 6 p.m. Saturday.

Kiara L. Miller, 11, a sixth-grader at Waukesha Middle School, was reported found. She was safe and police were talking to her just before midnight. No information on where she was found was available.

Her friend, Sanaria R. Norwood, 13, an eighth-grader at Roosevelt Middle School, remained missing as of midnight.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:23:46 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 02:24:47 AM »

Just added 1 safe to the title

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 10:50:16 AM »

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/Police-search-for-2-missing-Milwaukee-girls-217320101.html

Update
Missing Milwaukee girl found, one still missing
CREATED Jul. 28, 2013 - UPDATED: Jul. 29, 2013 | 5:46 AM

Miller was found just before midnight Sunday. According to Milwaukee Police, her father found her crossing the street on the 27th Street viaduct. Miller appears to be okay.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »

Video at the link

http://fox6now.com/2013/07/29/one-of-two-critically-missing-girls-safely-located-search-continues/

One of two critically missing girls safely located, search continues
Posted on: 5:22 am, July 29, 2013, by Krystle Kacner, updated on: 08:17am, July 29, 2013

Early Sunday morning, the girls were reported missing to police. Miller has since been safely located. Miller’s father located her crossing the street on the 27th Street Viaduct. Officers say Miller looked tired, but appeared to be okay.

No additional details regarding her whereabouts during the time she was reported missing have been released — and police continue to search for Norwood.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »

http://fox6now.com/2013/07/29/search-continues-for-13-year-old-sanaria-norwood/

Search continues for 13-year-old Sanaria Norwood
Posted on: 3:25 pm, July 29, 2013

At 8:00, the adult was at home, waiting for the girls to come home. When they didn’t show up, police say the adult noticed Miller had deleted Norwood’s contact information from her phone, so the adult was unable to contact Norwood’s mother.

Eventually, the adult attained a car and checked the Washington Park area, but was not able to locate the girls.

While Miller’s parents are relieved, Norwood’s parents are still holding out hope their daughter will be found safe.

“She’s still in the same clothes she left in. She has no way to eat or drink. I haven’t stopped searching. I’m going to keep going out and keep posting these flyers,” Norwood’s mother, May Ingram told FOX6 News.

On Monday morning, Ingram and Milwaukee police followed up at Walker Square Park after getting leads from a tip caller and being told of several sightings.

“My daughter was here at this park at 10:08, and was then seen leaving this park and seen walking on South 9th Street toward Washington. We`ve gotten a couple of leads that she was on 14th and Mitchell kind of walking around disoriented,” Ingram said.

Miller’s mother, Vanessa Moralez says according to her daughter Kiara, the two walked from Washington Park to a park on the city’s south side.

“Once they figured they were out too late, then they just decide they might as well run away cause if we come home we`re going to be in trouble. They figured they knew someone`s house they could stay at, ended up they didn`t even know where the girl lived,” Moralez said.

Moralez says the girls were stranded.

“My daughter walked off for a minute and Sanaria ended up gone. We don`t know where she is at,” Moralez said.

Ingram is now pleading with her daughter to come home.

“My baby wouldn’t just stay gone like this. Ria if you’re out there baby, please come home. Mommy misses you so much. I’m not mad. I don’t care. I just want to know you are safe,” Ingram said.

A candlelight vigil is planned for Monday night at 7:00 at Washington Park for Norwood.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/Police-search-for-2-missing-Milwaukee-girls-217320101.html

Both missing Milwaukee girls found safely
CREATED Jul. 28, 2013 - UPDATED: Jul. 29, 2013 | 5:42 PM

MILWAUKEE - Members of the family tell TODAY'S TMJ4 that 13-year-old Sanaria Norwood has been found safely. Both girls have now been recovered.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »

Waiting for confirmation...  Anyway, here's an article from today

http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Two-young-girls-missing-in-Milwaukee-217330141.html

Update: 13-year-old girl missing appears to be runaway
Story Created: Jul 28, 2013 
(Story Updated: Jul 29, 2013  )

MILWAUKEE- New revelations in the case of the still missing 13-year-old Sanaria Norwood have the family thinking that it appears to be a runaway.

After getting a call that her daughter may have been seen at the intersection of Lincoln and 11th,

"there's been a spotting of my daughter at 6th and National...gotta go"

Mom rushed over with the help of family and friends to 6th and National where they frantically ran up and down National looking for their missing loved one, and asking residents for help as they handed out fliers.

"I'm hoping we're closing in on her... she needs to come home."

Police were also helping in the search, but after an hour or so Mom admits it may just be a case of her daughter now not knowing what to do.

"It's probably a case of a runaway afraid to come home."

Fliers continue to go up. One police officer said the 13 year old was seen eluding them by going through backyards.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »

http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Two-young-girls-missing-in-Milwaukee-217330141.html

UPDATE: Both Milwaukee girls reported missing FOUND
Story Created: Jul 28, 2013 
(Story Updated: Jul 29, 2013  )

MILWAUKEE - The family of 13-year-old Sanaria Norwood have confirmed she has been found at Walker Square Park on Milwaukee's near south side.

Earlier today, Sanaria's mother Mae Ingram got a call that her daughter may have been seen at the intersection of Lincoln and 11th. She rushed over with the help of family and friends to 6th and National Ave.

The group frantically ran up and down National Ave. looking for their missing loved one, and asking residents for help as they handed out fliers. Mae said, "I'm hoping we're closing in on her... she needs to come home," she said.

Police were also helping in the search, but after an hour or so Mom admits it may just be a case of her daughter now not knowing what to do. Mae says, "It's probably a case of a runaway afraid to come home." One police officer said the 13 year old was seen eluding them by going through backyards.

The group eventually found Sanaria at Walker Square Park near the intersection of 10th and Washting St.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

I'm very glad both girls have been found safe.  I have concerns about their futures though. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »

I'm very glad both girls have been found safe.  I have concerns about their futures though. 

So true Muffy   

Deciding to run away instead of going home because they were late.  Much, much more to the story, I'm afraid.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.