March 29, 2024, 08:27:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Could fracking make the Persian Gulf irrelevant?"  (Read 1690 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 29, 2013, 07:44:13 PM »

I read this headline and had to wonder?  What is Obama thinking these days?  Whose side is he on anyway?

BRUSSELS, Belgium — America's fracking revolution is changing the dynamics of world energy.

Since November, the United States has replaced Saudi Arabia as the world's biggest producer of crude oil. It had already overtaken Russia as the leading producer of natural gas.

The emergence of the United States as a global energy superpower has a profound strategic impact that is raising expectations and concerns among America's allies.

“This is something that is going to change not only the energy market in the world, but everything else,' said Jeppe Kofod, a Danish lawmaker who is drafting a report on the oil and gas revolution for NATO's Parliamentary Assembly.

“It has huge political and geo-strategic implications,' Kofod told a recent meeting of legislators from the 28 alliance nations.

The lawmakers expressed concern America's shift toward self-sufficiency in energy will weaken its strategic interest in the Middle East, North Africa and the Persian Gulf, while Europe remains dependent on oil and gas supplies from the region.

Pull out, pull out, pull out...why are we there?

read more here - http://**/ci_23353836/could-fracking-make-persian-gulf-irrelevant

What's wrong with energy independence?  Affordable energy for all Americans?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:51:23 PM »

Is the Great Recession (Depression) real or manufactured?  Who would want to keep Americans down?  Falling into poverty?

Here are a few interesting crumbs from the above article -

While US companies have seen energy prices tumble in a decade of shale production, their European competitors are paying up to five times more for gas. That's holding back hopes of Europe climbing out of recession and regaining competitiveness on world markets.

Europeans are not the only ones concerned. Japan's energy prices are even higher than Europe's and even China is feeling the heat as cut-price power makes production cheaper in America.

What if education isn't the answer for increasing our competitive global edge?  Why educate when there are no jobs?

Affordable energy?   Cut-price or affordable energy advantage?

Why would Obama want Americans to live in energy poverty?  A death spiral economy?

Why not take advantage of the American go-getter mentality?

Whose side is Obama on?  America's?  Big business's?  OPEC's?  China's?

Read more in the article about natural gas terminals for exports - 40 planned.  Jobs for Americans...

Why would Obama be against energy independence?  Exports?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:57:13 PM »

Mexico Profits Big from Natural Gas

And you may not see it yet, but the U.S.-Mexico relationship grows stronger every day. We are neighbors, after all. A system of gas interconnections and pipelines are in progress to see Mexico unify with the U.S. as it turns away from costly oil-burning power plants.

A major natural gas line is under construction right now that runs from Arizona into the Sonora and Sinaloa states – regions that until now have suffered economically because of energy constraints.

read more here - http://www.energyandcapital.com/articles/mexico-profits-big-from-natural-gas/3685

Cronyism?  Have to shut down coal power plants, coal mines, kick American workers to the curb?

Why?  Increase imports of natural gas from Mexico?  Give Mexicans jobs?

What is wrong with this picture?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 08:01:53 PM »

In the motion, Calpine cites concerns that the company’s “terms and conditions for natural gas service… may be affected.” No other details are given, but it’s a safe bet the company is concerned about increased Mexican exports driving up prices of its currently-cheap natural gas supply.

This could be the set-up for a battle between gas exporters and domestic consumers. The former looking for higher prices, the latter trying to keep natgas more affordable. You can bet those old axes “national interest” and “domestic security” are going to get trotted out.

read more here - http://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/The-Mexico-Explosion-in-Natural-Gas.html

WHERE IS OBAMA?  WHY ISN'T HE DEMANDING THESE EXPORT PIPELINES BE SHUT DOWN?  Hmmm...

Don't create jobs?  Drive up domestic prices for natural gas?

Why is a pipeline from Canada to the US a bad thing? 

PIPELINES from the US to Mexico a good thing?

It seems like the only thing Obama cares about is RAISING prices for American consumers?

What is wrong with this picture?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 09:09:37 PM »

I do not understand nor agree with Obama on most things. He is bad news for America...jmo

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.