March 28, 2024, 10:37:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Profit and Illegal Aliens  (Read 1155 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 03, 2013, 09:58:39 AM »

The more I read, the more I believe welfare and government handouts are designed to make money for big business, special interests, cronies, lazy & greedy people.

ATLANTA (AP) — Two large hospital operators paid kickbacks to clinics that directed expectant mothers living in the U.S. illegally to their hospitals and filed fraudulent Medicaid claims on those patients, a federal whistleblower lawsuit unsealed late Wednesday said.

Naples, Fla.-based Health Management Associates and Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare and their affiliates entered into contracts with clinics operated by Hispanic Medical Management and Clinica de la Mama and their affiliates, the lawsuit says.

The clinics then referred pregnant women living in the country without authorization to for-profit hospitals operated by HMA and Tenet in exchange for kickbacks from fraudulent Medicaid claims, the lawsuit says.

I imagine Medicaid paid many times the cost of care would have been in their country of origin.  How much debt is financing this care?  How many future generations will still be paying?

I wonder how many of those clinics advertise or have partner advertising and encouraging people to come here illegally?

How much fraud under Obamacare?  Amnesty II?

read more here - http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/07/31/whistleblower-suit-hospitals-defrauded-medicaid/2607219/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 10:01:41 AM »

For the second time in two years, State Comptroller Matthew Boxer has found that a company that manages Medicaid patient care for the state is failing in its responsibility to oversee fraud prevention efforts.

Boxer’s office released a report yesterday criticizing UnitedHealthCare for failing to hire or train the appropriate number of fraud investigators required by its contract with the state. Their efforts recovered only $1.6 million in improper payments, representing less than a tenth of a percent of the $1.7 billion state Medicaid premium payments to the company.

The audit covered the years 2009 and 2010 – the same time period for which Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield was criticized in a similar report released in 2011.

“With billions of tax dollars flowing through New Jersey’s Medicaid program, our state relies on its Medicaid HMOs to fulfill their oversight responsibilities in an aggressive manner,” Boxer said in a statement. “This is another audit that shows an HMO failing to live up to requirements designed to combat fraud and lower state Medicaid costs.”

read more here - http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/13/07/31/second-medicaid-hmo-taken-to-task-for-lax-oversight-of-fraud-prevention/

How many of those on the receiving end of services will be charged with fraud?  Sent to jail?  Deported?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.