April 19, 2024, 08:08:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cold Case - Stolen at Birth: Who Is Paul Fronczak?  (Read 4104 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 09, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/218988721.html
Stolen at Birth: Who Is Paul Fronczak?
August 9, 2013

Images of the man raised as Paul Fronczak when he was a child (left) and now as an adult (right).

(ABC News) --  In 1964 newborn Paul Joseph Fronczak was stolen from the Michael Reese hospital in Chicago by a woman posing as a nurse. She was never caught.

Just over a year later, an abandoned baby found outside a variety store in Newark, New Jersey was believed to be the stolen baby Paul and "reunited" with his Chicago family. But decades later a DNA test now reveal Paul is not the Fronczak's biological child.

Today, nearly 50 years later, following media attention, the FBI announced they are reopening the cold case of the kidnapped baby.

"We did a cursory review of the file and felt it warranted reopening the case. We will re-interview witnesses and take a good look at physical evidence," said FBI spokeswoman Joan Hyde. "We want to see if the case might be benefited by modern technology not available at the time of the original investigation."
In an interview with ABC News Anchor Barbara Walters, the man who was raised as Paul Fronczak explained how he first learned of the 1964 kidnapping.

"I was snooping through the house like most kids do, around Christmas time, looking for Christmas presents, and I went in the crawlspace and found a bunch of boxes that I thought was going to be the big score, and uh, it turned out it was a bunch of things related to a kidnapping around someone named Paul Joseph Fronczak," he said. "And that was me."

While Fronczak's parents have shied away from media attention, the now 49-year-old Fronczak is determined to discover who he really is, and what happened to his parents' stolen baby.

"My parents raised me, and they did a great job, and I feel that if I don't do everything I can to help find the real child, then I'm not doing my job as a son," he said.

And as the parent of a 4-year-old daughter, he says he is especially eager to discover his own biological heritage for her sake and his own.

"I mean, and to me, in their heart, I was their son, and that's all that mattered," he said. "I have been struggling with the fact that I want to know if the real Fronczak baby is still alive, and what happened. I also want to find out who I am, and why I was abandoned."

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/mailform?id=19906573  (Link to private tip line)

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 AM »

Ms.  ,  quite a mystery! Thanks for posting it      

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 07:34:36 AM »

Ms.  ,  quite a mystery! Thanks for posting it      

You're welcome. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fbi-reopens-1964-kidnapping-case-after-dna-tests-show-boy-returned-to-parents-wasnt-theirs/2013/08/07/4c7c114a-ffc0-11e2-8294-0ee5075b840d_singlePage.html?tid=obnetwork
FBI reopens 1964 kidnapping case after DNA tests show boy returned to parents wasn’t theirs
August 7, 2013

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.