May 30, 2024, 03:09:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Walter, 20 from Kansas City, MO last seen August 3, 2013  (Read 49464 times)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 10:35:02 PM »

Police search for 20-year-old man missing since Saturday
Posted: Aug 07, 2013 8:28 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 08, 2013 6:19 PM EDT

Police said Walter parked in front of Novel restaurant then walked to a friend's house nearby to hang out in a gathering of three. He later got a ride back to the car, after another friend rejected his offer of hitting a house party elsewhere.

Another point of concern in Walter's disappearance centers around his employment. He worked at the Leawood, KS, Apple store and was really into his iPhone. It went dead the night he disappeared and he's yet to charge it or show up for work.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/23077864/police-search-for-20-year-old-man-missing-since-saturday
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 10:40:20 PM »

Police search for 20-year-old man missing since Saturday
Posted: Aug 07, 2013 8:28 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 08, 2013 6:19 PM EDT

Police said Walter parked in front of Novel restaurant then walked to a friend's house nearby to hang out in a gathering of three. He later got a ride back to the car, after another friend rejected his offer of hitting a house party elsewhere.

Another point of concern in Walter's disappearance centers around his employment. He worked at the Leawood, KS, Apple store and was really into his iPhone. It went dead the night he disappeared and he's yet to charge it or show up for work.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/23077864/police-search-for-20-year-old-man-missing-since-saturday

A comment on this article mentions other men missing from the area... (2 joggers missing, another man stabbed, and then Robert..)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 10:46:24 PM »

KC police search for missing man, but can’t find him or his car
August 8

Police said Walter had intended to visit a friend who lived in Kansas, but the friend declined the visit. It was unclear if Walter headed toward Kansas, or home to Blue Springs, where he lived with his parents, or somewhere else.

Walter’s phone battery had died before he vanished, police said.

His financial record has shown no activity since Saturday, police said.

Police were trying to pull videotapes from surveillance cameras in the West Side. Police also were following tips, including some that came in Wednesday about possible sightings of Walter in Westport.

His parents had planned to help him find a loft on Monday and meet with officials at the University of Missouri-Kansas City about his scholarships on Tuesday.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/08/4398411/police-searchfor-missing-man.html#storylink=cpy
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/kcpolice

Kansas City Missouri Police Department
August 8.

Missing Person: Robert S. Walter

Robert is a 20 year old white male with brown hair and blue eyes. He is 6 ft tall and weighs 150 pounds. He was last seen on August 3, 2013 at approx. 10:00 p.m. in the area of 17th and Madison. Robert is wearing a black shirt, black shorts, black shoes, black socks, and a black baseball cap. Robert is driving a 2012 Maroon Nissan Altima with Missouri license plates. If located contact KCPD Missing Person 816-234-5136.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 11:17:32 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/helpbringroberthome

Help Bring Robert Home

Just keep spreading the word! That's all we got right now.
54 minutes ago
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 12:52:34 AM »

Thank You monkeys!!  It has fallen out of the news and his parents are desperate for help.  They are a very good family. For the last two weeks his father has been telling me how happy his son was about his promotion with Apple (pretty good money - he has moved up fast) - he is also studying political law at UMKC.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 10:41:31 AM »

I just spoke with Robert's mother - there is only one detective on this case  Unfrknbelievable!!  She is going to work on getting the news stations back out there.  This is the 11th day he has been missing -they had to wait 72 hours before they could report him missing.  She is asking for any help she can get - those on FB please keep posting and sharing his poster.  TY

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 11:11:17 AM »

I just spoke with Robert's mother - there is only one detective on this case  Unfrknbelievable!!  She is going to work on getting the news stations back out there.  This is the 11th day he has been missing -they had to wait 72 hours before they could report him missing.  She is asking for any help she can get - those on FB please keep posting and sharing his poster.  TY

KCJackie,  You remember the old saying the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Your friend just has to keep one the news stations and police. Prayers for Robert and his family.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »

Thank You Green Eyes  an angelic monkey
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 01:29:39 PM »

Identical pic of the car he was driving that night...

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 01:35:01 PM »

I cannot believe he is missing!  Where the heck is his car?? 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 01:37:35 PM »

I don't get how they disappear without some one seeing them.  Do you know the license plate number on his car.  I would think that would help.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2013, 01:45:49 PM »

I don't get how they disappear without some one seeing them.  Do you know the license plate number on his car.  I would think that would help.

Missouri license plate MK8-E8X.

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »

His parents have searched the highways looking in ditches, etc.  I feel so bad for this family.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2013, 02:04:25 PM »

His parents have searched the highways looking in ditches, etc.  I feel so bad for this family.

I can't begin to imagine.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »

Is there a waterway on the way to his way home?  I glanced at the Map and it looked like there were a few possibilities. (I feel like there's been many instances of cars accidentally going into waterways recently for some reason)

I also wonder what the area security videos had to offer?.. Does it show him getting into the car safely or anyone acting suspicious around the car (maybe someone getting in even)? Are they sure he got to his car OK even?

Not to state the obvious but going over possibilities...

• He ran away and is somewhere safe at the moment (Seems unrealistic considering his attachment to his phone, lack of finances/trail, and his recent/upcoming opportunities)
  • He harmed himself somehow (Also recent instances in the news where individuals of this age sometimes are feeling too much pressure.. but there really were no signs)
  • Accident while in his car... either possibly medical or just an accident
  • Car Jacked at the location where he was dropped off (or on his way home)
  • He went to a second location rather than home and met harm there..
  • Something happened at the house he was originally at and he wasn't dropped off

Things to look into.. (I am guessing they can only do so much but wanted to throw out ideas.. I bet the detective is looking into some of them)

- Searching ditches like they are now (or anything road-side.. for cars or even tracks that shouldnt be there.. even if its been a while.) Also looking into/around bodies of water

- Any ideas from his friends where he could have gone afterwards? It sounds like he had planned to go to Kansas and that fell through.

- Did the plans to Kansas really fall through?

- Did he make it from his original location (A friend's house near the restaurant) safely?

Sorry to ramble.. just trying to brainstorm.

I can't imagine how hard it is for a person's family during this time.. Especially when they want to keep getting the information out there.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »

KCJackie - The story is nowhere in the news which doesn't make any sense.  Do you know what route he would likely have taken home? Would he have gone down 71 then east or across 70 to 435?  Have they checked the area around Kemper?  Is there any chance he would have gone to the Liberty Memorial?
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 06:22:37 PM »

KCJackie - The story is nowhere in the news which doesn't make any sense.  Do you know what route he would likely have taken home? Would he have gone down 71 then east or across 70 to 435?  Have they checked the area around Kemper?  Is there any chance he would have gone to the Liberty Memorial?

yuknomenot - The story was only on the news due to his mother calling Claire McCaskill (who he had campaigned for) she was able to contact the news channels and set up interviews. From what I took of our conversation the Detective hasn't even met with them!!!  Unbelievable!

I believe 70 to 435 or 35 - she stated they had looked along I70 themselves.  I don't know if they checked around Kemper or if he would have gone to the Memorial - will try to ask. 
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 07:16:33 PM »

yuknomenot - The story was only on the news due to his mother calling Claire McCaskill (who he had campaigned for) she was able to contact the news channels and set up interviews. From what I took of our conversation the Detective hasn't even met with them!!!  Unbelievable!

I believe 70 to 435 or 35 - she stated they had looked along I70 themselves.  I don't know if they checked around Kemper or if he would have gone to the Memorial - will try to ask. 

I'm sorry to hear they are having such trouble getting the story out there.

I can't believe the detective hasn't met with the family yet... If only to get more information on his life, friends, habits, etc.

I always hope there's more going on in an investigation than we or the family are privy to.. But the fact he hasn't even met with the family makes that unlikely. (That would be one of the first things you would think a detective would do)

I'm sorry if my previous post wasnt helpful by throwing ideas and questions out there.. Since I'm not in the area and can't search, my mind was racing with ideas.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »

KCJackie, have the parents contacted Sgt. Chris Lantz for updates?

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/08/4398411/police-searchfor-missing-man.html
KC police search for missing man, but can’t find him or his car
August 8

“It’s kind of weird that he was doing his normal thing, but all of the sudden, everything stopped on Saturday,” said Sgt. Chris Lantz, who is supervising the investigation. “You wouldn’t normally see a kid unplug from his life like that.”

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.