March 18, 2024, 11:48:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexis Murphy missing Aug 3, 2013 from Charlottesville, VA  (Read 258952 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 07:24:09 PM »

New development in case of missing teen Alexis Murphy
August 19, 2013

This weekend police pulled over a car that matched a description given by Randy Taylor, the man police arrested for abducting Murphy.

The Louisa County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to CBS 6 News that a Be on the Lookout (BOLO) order was issued over the weekend for a maroon Chevy with large rims.

That vehicle description matches the one Taylor gave police, along with a description of a man he claims was the last person to see Alexis alive.

“The suspect in this case Taylor, provided this generic information, that does not meant that it’s true,” said retired Chesterfield Police Captain Steve Neal.

CBS 6 News asked investigators if they were actively searching for a man and car based on Taylor’s information, but they would not confirm it.

However, Louisa officials confirmed that deputies did pull over a car matching that description in the county over the weekend. Deputies took down the driver’s information and forwarded it to investigators in Nelson County. Those investigators confirm that they plan to talk to the driver.

“That tells me that they weren’t that interested in talking to him if they were, they would have gone to the scene and tried to get the information immediately,” said Neal.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/19/maroon-car-pulled-over/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »

Police probe Va. teen's disappearance; suspect claims innocence
August 16, 2013

<snipped>

Randy Taylor, 48, was seen on the video and was arrested in her abduction Sunday, police told CNN affiliate WRC-TV, but Taylor's attorney, Michael Hallahan, told WVIR that Taylor was arrested because they found one of Alexis' hairs in his camper.

<snipped>

Taylor saw the girl the night she disappeared, the lawyer said. They were both parked at the gas pumps, and Alexis made a reference to smoking marijuana, Hallahan said. Taylor told her he'd like some marijuana, the attorney said.

"She said, 'I know a guy.' She told him to meet at another location in Lovingston and they rode up there in both cars," the lawyer told the station.

That "guy," Alexis and Taylor all took separate cars to Taylor's camper in Lovingston, where Taylor bought $60 worth of marijuana. The men smoked and drank together, but Murphy did not, the attorney said.

Alexis and the unidentified man left before sundown, and that was the last Taylor saw of either of them, Hallahan told WVIR.

Hallahan further told the station there is DNA evidence of the unidentified man -- in the form of a 12-ounce Icehouse bottle -- in the camper.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/16/us/virginia-alexis-murphy-disappearance/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 07:38:41 PM »

It appears that a possible second suspect has yet to have his DNA tested and ... no search has begun on the property where tire tracks were discover.  Why?

Janet

+++++

Taylor Expected in Court Thursday
Aug 20, 2013

<snipped>

Randy Taylor still sits in a cell in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail, but is scheduled to be back in a Nelson County courtroom on Thursday.

Taylor was originally scheduled to appear by video, however just as the case in his arraignment, he will appear in person.

Last week, Taylor's court appointed attorney said the case against his client is "weak" and he hopes the bond hearing will force the prosecution to reveal more of the evidence against Taylor.

Monday, ABC 13 met exclusively with a Nelson County land owner who showed what he calls suspicious tire tracks on his property.

The property is only a few miles away from a convenience store where residents tell me they saw Randy Taylor in the days after Alexis Murphy's disappearance.

Many viewers have been asking via Facebook why investigators haven't searched the area yet.

Investigators do say they plan to search the property, however.

The property is more than 500 acres, though, and investigators say a search that size takes a lot of people and search dogs, plus lots of time to plan

<snipped>

http://www.wset.com/story/23199457/taylor-expected-in-court-thursday

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 11:05:36 PM »

http://www.wset.com/story/23229870/investigators-searching-piece-of-land-connected-to-alexis-murphy-disappearance

Investigators Searching Piece of Land Connected to Alexis Murphy Disappearance
Posted: Aug 22, 2013 8:54 AM PST
By Carleigh Griffeth - bio | email

Nelson Co., VA – Officials in Nelson County are searching a piece of land in connection with the disappearance investigation of Alexis Murphy. The search started around 9 a.m. Thursday and could last into the evening.

They're at the same property investigators visited last week where they found tire tracks. Monday, officials took a casting of that track to compare to the tires on Taylor's truck. The land owner says that officials confirmed the track on his property did NOT match that of suspect Randy Taylor's truck.

But that doesn't mean the investigation here is over.

Investigators do not want us to release the exact location of the property and we are not revealing the property owner's name, but after seeing our coverage of Alexis Murphy's disappearance, the owner decided to take a look at his property just to see if there was anything out of place.

Still, a search team of about a dozen people took four four-wheelers and four police dogs onto that land Thursday.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 11:08:59 PM »

Randy Taylor Denied Bond in Hearing
Posted: Aug 22, 2013 3:20 PM PDT

Nelson Co., VA - The suspect in Alexis Murphy's disappearance has been denied bond.

Randy Taylor did appear in a Nelson County courtroom Thursday. His attorney asked for a secured bond, arguing there was not enough evidence to deny him.

Nelson County Commonwealth's attorney, Anthony Martin, asked that the hearing be closed to the public when sensitive material came up. Judge Ellen White reached a compromise with Martin, allowing him to close the hearing when he deemed the information to be too sensitive to be released to the public. But cameras were not allowed in court.

Taylor's attorney Mike Hallahan, maintained there was not enough information to warrant a denial of bond, let alone an abduction charge. But Taylor, who appeared in court in a gray and black striped jumpsuit, and had shackles on his hands and feet, will remain in jail.

<snipped>

http://www.wset.com/story/23233852/randy-taylor-denied-bond-in-hearing

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 11:24:28 PM »

Judge denies bond for man accused of abducting Alexis Murphy
Posted on: 2:51 pm, August 22, 2013

NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) — A judge denied bond Thursday afternoon for the man accused of abducting a missing 17-year-old Nelson County teen.

CBS 6 News’ Sandra Jones reported that the the judge denied bond based on the prosecution’s argument that Randy Taylor is a danger to the community and a flight risk.

Additionally, prosecutors also brought up that Taylor had failed to pay $600 in restitution for a 2005 arson conviction.  Albemarle County charged him with the probation violation for failure to pay, which Taylor’s attorney called suspicious.

The judge also waived a preliminary hearing. As a result, a grand jury will weigh the evidence and decide whether to hand down an indictment against Taylor on Sept. 26
Today’s developments come after the media was allowed into the hearing. However, the the judge could still opt to close the hearing if material sensitive to the case or investigation was divulged.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/22/randy-taylor-denied-bond/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 07:50:27 PM »

Benefit Cruise-In to Help Alexis Murphy’s Family
Aug 23, 2013

A central Virginia auto club is raising money to benefit the family of a missing Nelson County teen. Organizers say it is a way to show their support as the search for Alexis Murphy continues.

<snipped>

The Street Elements Auto Club is hosting a benefit cruise-in at the Ebony and Ivory Field in Roseland Saturday. Organizers say the event will be like a car show but without trophies, and are encouraging people to bring their cars and bikes out to the lot.

Donations will be accepted and all proceeds will benefit Alexis' immediate family.

"We're a close-knit community and just knowing them for all of my life, it felt like the right thing to do," said Brian Coffey, vice president of Street Elements Auto Club.

The cruise-in will also feature vendors selling food and drinks and Alexis Murphy T-shirts and special stickers will be available for purchase. A Charlottesville rapper who wrote a song to help in the search for Alexis will also be performing.

The cruise-in will take place from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23242176/benefit-cruise-in-to-help-alexis-murphys-family

_____

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/bond-hearing-for-accused-murphy-kidnapper-today/-/20128466/21572490/-/wtfu25/-/index.html
Investigators find Alexis Murphy's cell phone
The Nelson County teenager has been missing since August 3

NELSON COUNTY, Va. -
 POSTED: 07:52 AM EDT Aug 22, 2013    UPDATED: 12:59 PM EDT Sep 03, 2013 
The FBI has found the cell phone of missing Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy.
The FBI confirmed the find on Tuesday. Murphy has not been seen since Aug. 3. Her car was found in the parking lot of a Charlottesville movie theater three days later. Randy Taylor has been arrested in connection to her disappearance.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 01:58:20 PM »

Could it be that the finding of AM's cell phone motivated RT to bow and reveal that truth encompassing the evening of August 3rd?  Maybe there was a plea deal ... a plea deal that would afford a measure of closure for AM's family.

Janet

+++++

Missing teen Alexis Murphy’s phone located
Posted on: 11:36 am, September 3, 2013

NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A cell phone recovered during the investigation into the disappearance of missing teenager Alexis Murphy has been positively identified as belonging to the 17-year-old girl, the FBI released Tuesday.

“Since this is an on-going sensitive investigation, where evidentiary items and search information is sealed; no further discussion will be entertained,” the FBI said in a statement. “This sole release of information is only being made to advise the public that we no longer need assistance looking for that one item.”
Murphy disappeared on August 3.

“In order to protect the integrity of the investigation and ensure that Mr. Randy Allen Taylor gets a fair trial in Nelson County, Virginia, absolutely no further information will be released about this investigation,” the FBI statement continued.
Taylor, arrested last month, is charged with abduction.

On Saturday, search crews were looking in and around the Rockfish River off Route 29 for clues. Charlottesville-area media reported crews found an item of clothing during that search. Investigators would not confirm why they were at that location and what may have been found.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2013/09/03/alexis-murphy-phone-update/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 02:09:55 PM »

Police probe Va. teen's disappearance; suspect claims innocence
August 16, 2013

<snipped>

Randy Taylor, 48, was seen on the video and was arrested in her abduction Sunday, police told CNN affiliate WRC-TV, but Taylor's attorney, Michael Hallahan, told WVIR that Taylor was arrested because they found one of Alexis' hairs in his camper.

<snipped>

Taylor saw the girl the night she disappeared, the lawyer said. They were both parked at the gas pumps, and Alexis made a reference to smoking marijuana, Hallahan said. Taylor told her he'd like some marijuana, the attorney said.

"She said, 'I know a guy.' She told him to meet at another location in Lovingston and they rode up there in both cars," the lawyer told the station.

That "guy," Alexis and Taylor all took separate cars to Taylor's camper in Lovingston, where Taylor bought $60 worth of marijuana. The men smoked and drank together, but Murphy did not, the attorney said.

Alexis and the unidentified man left before sundown, and that was the last Taylor saw of either of them, Hallahan told WVIR.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/16/us/virginia-alexis-murphy-disappearance/

REMINDER

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 02:19:12 PM »

Suspect in Teen's Abduction Has Link to Another Missing Person Case
Aug. 14, 2013

The man charged with the abduction of a Virginia teenager who is still missing, was one of the last people to speak with another teen before she disappeared in 2010, according to authorities.

Samantha Clarke was 19 when she went missing on the night of Sept. 13 or early Sept. 14, 2010, in Orange, Va. Authorities said one of the last people Clarke talked to before she disappeared was Randy Taylor, now 48, who was arraigned Tuesday in the abduction of Alexis Murphy, 17, who was last seen on Aug. 3.

During a brief appearance in Nelson County Juvenile and Domestic Court in Virginia, Taylor was assigned a public defender but did not enter a plea on an abduction charge in the case of Murphy, who still hasn't been found.

"As Randy Taylor is someone that Samantha spoke with immediately prior to her disappearance, he remains someone we are very interested in learning more about," Diana H. Wheeler, Orange County Commonwealth's Attorney, said in a statement.

Wheeler said authorities in Orange, where Clarke was last seen, are coordinating with their counterparts in Nelson County, Va., to "share whatever information they have to which may be helpful."

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-teens-abduction-link-missing-person-case/story?id=19949878

_____

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 02:27:06 PM »

If the DA is taking the case to the grand jury this soon, LE must have a lot of evidence against R. Taylor already.

As always, hoping Alexis is found.   an angelic monkey
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »

Alexis Murphy disappearance: Red sweater found in river

September 1, 2013 - 11:05 am

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/09/alexis-murphy-disappearance-red-sweater-found-in-river-93464.html#ixzz2dsXqo5lf
 Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Crews in the search for a missing Virginia teen discovered a red sweater caught beneath a rock in the Rockfish River Saturday, timesdispatch.com reports.

The recent discovery of the sweater prompted a quick call to investigators, who quickly arrived at the scene and tucked the sweater into an evidence bag.

The rescue team was part of a 50-member contingent searching along U.S. 29, the Rockfish River, and other back roads in Nelson County - areas where witnesses said they may have seen Randy Taylor, who was arrested in connection to Murphy's disappearance. Taylor faces one count of abduction.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »

UPDATE 09/03/2013: Nelson County investigator Billy Mays says the red sweater found in Rockfish River over the weekend does not belong to Alexis Murphy.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23313583/investigators-cannot-confirm-red-sweater-is-alexis-murphys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 10:05:39 PM »

Volunteers Bring Awareness to Alexis Murphy at Lockn' Music Festival
Posted: Sep 05, 2013 8:08 PM PDT

Nelson Co., VA - The Lockn' festival has brought thousands of fresh faces to Nelson County, many from out of state.

And people jumped on that opportunity to share the story of Alexis Murphy with those out of towners.

A table was set up by a local church distributed missing person flyers to the thousands of cars that drove by on Thursday.

Murphy went missing more than a month ago. Many in Nelson County still hopeful that she will be found; even more so now that they've gotten her story out to more than 25,000 new people.

"It's a good time to do it, with all the people in the area from out of state, you never know who's libel to have seen her or know something" said David Cheatham, a local volunteer.

<snipped>

http://www.wset.com/story/23355413/volunteers-bring-awareness-to-alexis-murphy-at-lockn-music-festival

_____

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/events/485722994857273/
In the effort to raise awareness for missing Alexis Murphy and Morgan Harrington's murderer and all the rest of the missing and murdered, Help Save The Next Girl will have an informational table set up in front of Chandler's Bakery in Albemarle Square, Charlottesville, Va this Saturday, Sept. 14. This is near where Alexis' car was found. Please come out and show your support.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 03:49:45 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23433560/families-of-alexis-murphy-morgan-harrington-meet-share-grief
Families of Alexis Murphy & Morgan Harrington Meet, Share Grief
Posted: Sep 14, 2013 7:09 PM CST Updated: Sep 15, 2013 7:44 AM CST

Video at link.
<snipped>
It was an emotional meeting at Chandler's Bakery in Albemarle Square Saturday afternoon as Gil Harrington spoke with Alexis Murphy's family for the first time. They say are linked by a devastation they would not wish on anyone else.

"My daughter was not misplaced, Alexis was not misplaced.  They were stolen; they were ripped from their lives," Harrington said.

Gil Harrington and Laura Ann Murphy share a tragic bond over their only daughters.

"They know exactly what I'm going through, and that really helps that I can talk to someone that has been through this," Murphy said.
<snipped.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2013, 02:57:43 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheNextGirl?hc_location=stream
ANNOUNCEMENT: Gil Harrington will appear today on the HLN Show: "Now
in America" with Alexis' mother Laura Murphy. They will tape together in Lynchburg and the show airs at 4-5pm. They will be in the last slot at 4:45 pm. Please Share

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »

http://m.wdbj7.com/breaking-new-details-in-case-of-missing-nelson-county-teen-alexis-murphy/-/20129166/22066886/-/bm8mr4/-/index.html
BREAKING: New details in case of missing Nelson County teen Alexis Murphy
By Web Staff, news@wdbj7.com
Published On: Sep 22 2013 01:24:27 PM CDT
Updated On: Sep 22 2013 01:42:16 PM CDT

NELSON CO., Va. -

We have new details into the Alexis Murphy abduction case in Nelson County. According to investigators, they have made contact with someone they describe as a "person of interest" in the case.

Investigators could not give anymore details but say they are following up with this person in regards to the teen's disappearance.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »

http://www.wsls.com/story/23497229/new-person-of-interest-in-alexis-murphy-case
New 'person of interest' in Alexis Murphy case
Posted: Sep 22, 2013 1:56 PM CST Updated: Sep 22, 2013 2:02 PM CST
By Katie Love, Reporter - email

<snipped>
Investigators say they were following up on claims from Randy Taylor's lawyer,  that his client may have not been the last person to see Murphy before she went missing. Taylor claimed another man had been present and provided him drugs with Alexis there as well.

Investigators have not arrested this person and are not releasing a name at this time.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.