March 19, 2024, 03:07:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexis Murphy missing Aug 3, 2013 from Charlottesville, VA  (Read 258962 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 07:20:02 PM »

New development in case of missing teen Alexis Murphy
August 19, 2013

This weekend police pulled over a car that matched a description given by Randy Taylor, the man police arrested for abducting Murphy.

The Louisa County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to CBS 6 News that a Be on the Lookout (BOLO) order was issued over the weekend for a maroon Chevy with large rims.

That vehicle description matches the one Taylor gave police, along with a description of a man he claims was the last person to see Alexis alive.

“The suspect in this case Taylor, provided this generic information, that does not meant that it’s true,” said retired Chesterfield Police Captain Steve Neal.

CBS 6 News asked investigators if they were actively searching for a man and car based on Taylor’s information, but they would not confirm it.

However, Louisa officials confirmed that deputies did pull over a car matching that description in the county over the weekend. Deputies took down the driver’s information and forwarded it to investigators in Nelson County. Those investigators confirm that they plan to talk to the driver.

“That tells me that they weren’t that interested in talking to him if they were, they would have gone to the scene and tried to get the information immediately,” said Neal.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/19/maroon-car-pulled-over/

Could it be that the new person of interest in the disappearance of Alexis Murphy be the same person who was stopped on August 19th driving a maroon Chevy with large rims ... the same person and vehicle that Randy Taylor described during interrogations with investigators?

Janet

New ‘person of interest’ in Alexis Murphy case
Posted on: 5:21 pm, September 22, 2013

http://wtvr.com/2013/09/22/investigators-contact-person-of-interest-in-alexis-murphy-case/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2013, 07:23:26 PM »

Police probe Va. teen's disappearance; suspect claims innocence
August 16, 2013

<snipped>

Taylor saw the girl the night she disappeared, the lawyer said. They were both parked at the gas pumps, and Alexis made a reference to smoking marijuana, Hallahan said. Taylor told her he'd like some marijuana, the attorney said.

"She said, 'I know a guy.' She told him to meet at another location in Lovingston and they rode up there in both cars," the lawyer told the station.

That "guy," Alexis and Taylor all took separate cars to Taylor's camper in Lovingston, where Taylor bought $60 worth of marijuana. The men smoked and drank together, but Murphy did not, the attorney said.

Alexis and the unidentified man left before sundown, and that was the last Taylor saw of either of them, Hallahan told WVIR.

Hallahan further told the station there is DNA evidence of the unidentified man -- in the form of a 12-ounce Icehouse bottle -- in the camper.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/16/us/virginia-alexis-murphy-disappearance/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2013, 01:20:23 PM »

Alexis Murphy abduction suspect heads to Grand Jury in Nelson
Posted: Sep 24, 2013 5:18 AM PDT
Updated: Sep 24, 2013 6:28 AM PDT

NELSON, VA (WWBT) - A Grand Jury in Nelson County will decide if Randy Taylor will be indicted in the abduction of Alexis Murphy.

Randy Taylor says he is not the one to blame. He is leading investigators to a new person of interest in the case.

The grand jurors must decide if there is enough evidence, or probable cause, to bring Taylor to trial. Jurors will only consider the charge, not find guilt or innocence.

Taylor is charged with abduction by force.

The Grand Jury meets in Nelson County at 9 a.m.

<snipped>

http://www.nbc12.com/story/23512650/alleged-teen-abductor-heads-to-grand-jury-in-nelson-county

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »

Randy Taylor indicted in Alexis Murphy case
Posted on: 1:11 pm, September 24, 2013
updated on: 01:36pm, September 24, 2013

NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A Nelson County grand jury indicted Randy Taylor on two felony charges, according to the Nelson County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office. One for the abduction of Alexis Murphy and one connected to the theft of an ATV.

Taylor, who remains locked up at the Charlottesville-Albemarle Jail, is due back in court next month.

Surveillance video at a Lovingston gas station captured images Murphy, 17, on Saturday, Aug. 3. That was the last time Alexis Murphy was seen.

Taylor, 48, was arrested Aug. 12 on abduction charges in connection with Alexis’ disappearance.

Taylor told police he was not the last person to see Murphy alive.

Taylor’s attorney told CBS 6 News in August that her disappearance might be linked to a drug deal. He said Taylor, Alexis and an unidentified drug dealer met at Taylor’s Nelson Highway home.  After buying $60 in marijuana Taylor insisted Alexis and the drug dealer left.  Taylor said that was the last time he saw the teen.

This week investigator David Brooks said they’ve contacted a new “person of interest” in the case. He said it was a “normal lead” that they were following up on, but could not provide specifics.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2013/09/24/alexis-murphy-grand-jury-2/

_____

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/grand-jury-to-consider-abduction-charges-against-accused-kidnapper-randy-taylor/-/20128466/22089738/-/1ctsck/-/index.html

Nelson County abduction suspect indicted by grand jury
Randy Taylor is accused of abducting Alexis Murphy
Web Staff, news@wdbj7.com
POSTED: 05:15 AM EDT Sep 24, 2013    UPDATED: 01:49 PM EDT Sep 24, 2013

<snipped>
Here is the news release from the commonwealth's attorney about Taylor's indictment:

This morning in Nelson County Circuit Court, a grand jury having determined that probable cause exists for a trial, has indicted Randy Allen Taylor on (2) felony charges , one for the abduction of Alexis Murphy in which he previously waived his preliminary hearing in August, and a new unrelated charge of possessing a stolen all-terrain vehicle.

Taylor’s next court appearance will be in the Nelson County Circuit Court on October 23, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. for a trial date to be set.

Law-enforcement officials cannot provide any further details at this time because the investigation is still-ongoing. Taylor continues to be held without bail at the Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Jail.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 05:47:46 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheNextGirl?hc_location=stream
Please Join us this Friday, October 4th at 2 p.m. at the Lovingston Cafe where CUE Center For Missing Persons will be making a stop on their Road to Remember Tour 2013. Please help us rally the community in the search for #AlexisMurphy. #FindAlexisMurphy #HelpSavetheNextGirl

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 01:47:58 PM »

http://www.wsls.com/story/23595836/harrington-murphy-family-asks-for-help-to-support-national-campaign-for-missing-persons
Murphy & Harrington family ask for your help
Posted: Oct 02, 2013 9:18 PM CST Updated: Oct 03, 2013 9:47 AM CST
By Katie Love, Reporter - email

ROANOKE, VA -

These two mothers came together to give each other support even over the phone. They share the sorrow of missing their two young daughters.

"We need her back bad," Laura Murphy, Alexis' Mother says.

"We're sending you lots of prayers and all the strength we have and I can't wait to see you and your big gorgeous family on Friday," Gil Harrington, Morgan's mother tells Laura over the phone.

Gil Harrington says she knows what it's like for Laura Murphy to be missing her 17-year old daughter Alexis. Her daughter, Morgan, was missing for more than three months back in 2009. That was before her family found out the deviating news, that Morgan had been abducted and murdered.

"I recognize the shattered look on the Murphy family faces. I know what it's like and the phone would ring and you're hoping its a call and you're afraid too," Harrington says.

"It's been wonderful just talking to Gil and being a part of the 'Save the Next Girl.' It's giving me strength," Laura Murphy says. "We are doing the right thing and working with her has been wonderful."

These two mothers are now working together to 'Save the Next Girl,' a campaign originally started by the Harrington family.
<snipped>

Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 01:49:15 PM »

"I Never Made It", feature Ashleigh Munn Lyrics By Nathan Lane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sycCzUuwlro

~ Peter Frampton
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2013, 01:11:31 AM »

Video at Link

http://www.wsls.com/story/24107383/first-public-search-party-for-missing-nelson-county-teen

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2013, 01:20:04 AM »

Video at Link

Searches were asked to specifically look for Alexis' gray purse, and a sky blue phone cover that was not on her phone when it was found.

http://www.wsls.com/story/24107383/first-public-search-party-for-missing-nelson-county-teen

First public search party for missing Nelson County Teen
Posted: Dec 01, 2013 7:05 PM CST Updated: Dec 01, 2013 7:06 PM CST
By Rachel Lucas, Digital Journalist

The family says they believe she is still alive.

"Every day is torture. Every day is difficult but we can't stop. We have to keep pressing forward," Trina said.

Saturday, a glimmer of hope as together they move forward with over one hundred people who joined the search for Alexis.

Most whom have never met her,but want to bring her home.

It's been months since the Murphy family has held their daughter Alexis. Strengthened only by prayer Trina Murphy says her disappearance is harder on the family every day

"Its just humbling to know that people are still thinking about her, still thinking about us and wanting the same thing that we want which is to find her."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2014, 12:04:24 PM »

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/girls-blood-in-suspects-trailer-virginia-prosecutor-tells-jury

May 3, 2014
Girl's blood in suspect's trailer, Virginia prosecutor tells jury

LOVINGSTON, Virginia (Reuters) - The blood of a missing 17-year-old Virginia girl along with signs of a violent struggle were found in the trailer of a man charged with her murder, a prosecutor said in opening arguments of the handyman's trial on Friday.

But a defense lawyer for the accused man, Randy Taylor, 48, said there was no evidence of either a murder or an abduction.

Taylor is accused of abducting Alexis Murphy, a high school senior, in August 2013 while she was on a shopping trip, and then killing her. The case drew national attention and has riveted the close-knit mountainous region of western Virginia.

Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin told jurors that Murphy's blood was found on a shirt that had been balled up and shoved under a couch in Taylor's trailer.

Martin said her hair extensions were found in the shirt, and a strand of Murphy's hair was discovered on Taylor's pillow, according to DNA evidence.

Murphy's torn fingernail and part of an earring were found in the trailer's carpeting, Martin said.

"All of this will show that a violent struggle occurred," he told the jury of seven women and five men.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 11:05:18 AM »

September 24, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

Henry Graff @HenryGraff  ·  4m
MORE: second page of letter. pic.twitter.com/dZYmlnE6X2

Henry Graff @HenryGraff  ·  4m
JUST IN: Nelson Co. Commonwealth Attornwy says no connection between #JesseMatthew and #AlexisMurphy case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »

It appears from the letter posted above, the cases of Hannah Graham and Alexis Murphy aren't connected.  Here is a link to Hannah Graham's latest case discussion thread:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15454.0
UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2014, 02:25:30 PM »

October 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  26m 26 minutes ago
#HannahGraham search will not go into Randy Taylor's property according to Mark Eggeman

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  27m 27 minutes ago
Randy Taylor's property will not be searched according VA DEM Mark Eggeman

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  4h 4 hours ago
Atty requests reopening of #AlexisMurphy case in light of #JesseMatthew linked to #MorganHarrington & #HannahGraham http://ht.ly/CcGxd

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  5h 5 hours ago
BREAKING: #RandyTaylor attorney tells @HenryGraff he is asking for new DNA testing done and review of social media in #AlexisMurphy case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2014, 04:21:16 PM »

October 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/DebraAlfarone

Debra Alfarone @DebraAlfarone  ·  4h 4 hours ago
Atty for Randy Taylor, convicted of killing Alexis Murphy, says he wouldn't ask for 2nd look @ DNA b4 Jesse Matthew was arrested @wusa9

Debra Alfarone @DebraAlfarone  ·  4h 4 hours ago
Just intv'd Randy Taylor's atty about why he wrote this letter in wake of Jesse Matthew info. @wusa9

Debra Alfarone @DebraAlfarone  ·  5h 5 hours ago
Nelson Cty Commonwealth Atty JUST rec'd letter from Randy Taylor's atty asking for new DNA testing in Alexis Murphy case. #HannahGraham

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »

October 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

Henry Graff @HenryGraff  ·  18m 18 minutes ago
JUST IN: #AlexisMurphy family: they agree with prosecutor letter, are doubtful anyone else was part of her murder & don't know #JesseMatthew

Henry Graff @HenryGraff  ·  1h 1 hour ago
PHOTO: second page of letter

PHOTO: part one of letter from Nelson Co. Commonwealth's Attorney.

CONT: Nelson Co. Commonwealth's Atty says he will do scientific testing per #RandyTaylor attorney's letter requesting it.

JUST IN: Nelson Co. Commonwealth's Atty says there is NO CREDIBLE evidence linking #JesseMatthew to the #AlexisMurphy case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2014, 08:37:22 PM »

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/02/randy-taylor-lawyer-wants-dna-tests-to-check-for-jesse-matthew-link/
Commonwealth’s attorney will order ‘scientific testing’ to rule out Jesse Matthew in Alexis Murphy case
October 2, 2014

NELSON COUNTY, Va. — The Nelson County commonwealth’s attorney says additional “scientific testing” will take place following a request from the lawyer of Randy Taylor, the man found guilty of murdering Alexis Murphy.

This comes after Taylor’s attorney sent a letter to Nelson County Commonwealth’s Attorney Anthony Martin asking for investigators check for a potential link between Hannah Graham abduction suspect Jesse Matthew Jr. and the missing Nelson County teen.

Mike Hallahan was first to confirm to CBS 6 reporter Laura French that he has asked Martin to order new DNA tests in the Alexis Murphy-Randy Taylor case. Additionally, Hallahan asked that investigators probe Matthew’s and Murphy’s social media accounts to see if they had any contact.

BREAKING #RandyTaylor's attorney asking CA for additional DNA testing and review of social media in #AlexisMurphy case #JesseMatthew tie?

— Laura French (@lfrenchnews) October 2, 2014

Hallahan told French Thursday morning that he based the request on multiple reports that allege Matthew is “responsible or linked” to the disappearance of multiple young women across the state.

“This is not a fishing expedition, but rather this request is based upon the evidence presented at Randy Taylor’s trial and based upon those new developments relating to Matthew in the news,” Hallahan wrote to the Nelson County commonwealth’s attorney.

Furthermore, Hallahan wrote that Murphy’s family members and friends testified that she would have never gone to Taylor’s home without someone accompanying her. Along those lines, friends testified that she had turned down requests for company the night she went missing which led to speculation that she was going on a date.

“Alexis Murphy’s friends testified that he liked older men (Matthew being about 12 years older) and she was very active on social media, having thousands of friends and followers,” Hallahan wrote.

Additionally, Hallahan argued that no physical evidence was found linking Taylor to the car Murphy was last spotted driving, which was recovered in Charlottesville. Prosecutors had argued that Taylor drove Murphy’s vehicle to Charlottesville and then took a cab home.

“There was however some DNA samples collected from the car’s interior that were never identified.”

As a result, Hallahan wants Matthew’s DNA sample compared to the samples recovered from the car Murphy was driving.

“Alexis Murphy’s friends testified that he liked older men (Matthew being about 12 years older) and she was very active on social media, having thousands of friends and followers.”

However, Martin maintains that the commonwealth’s attorney’s Office, the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office, FBI and Virginia State Police have found no credible evidence linking Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. to the Alexis Murphy case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »

October 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/KLOVEREPORTER

Katie Love @KLOVEREPORTER  ·  6h 6 hours ago
Nelson Co. Commonwealth will check to see if #JesseMatthew DNA connected to #AlexisMurphy case to bring rumors & speculation to an end.

Katie Love @KLOVEREPORTER  ·  6h 6 hours ago
Trina Murphy, "We are overly confident that person responsible for abduction & murder of our beloved Alexis, is Randy Taylor." #AlexisMurphy

Katie Love @KLOVEREPORTER  ·  8h 8 hours ago
"All we want is closure," Cassandra Morton's father wants to know if #JesseMatthew is linked to daughter's murder. http://10.wsls.com/1tkrM5N

Katie Love retweeted
 cyndy McFarland @cyndymcfarland  ·  10h 10 hours ago
@KLOVEREPORTER @SaveTheNextGirl My heart goes out 2 you sir, the police need 2 check every moment, crevice of his life,where he's been,when

Katie Love @KLOVEREPORTER  ·  10h 10 hours ago
Letter from Randy Taylor's attorney asking #AlexisMurphy case reviewed in connection to #JesseMatthew.RT@lfrenchnews
(letter posted elsewhere in this thread.  MB)
 Katie Love retweeted
 Laura French @lfrenchnews  ·  11h 11 hours ago
BREAKING #RandyTaylor's attorney asking CA for additional DNA  testing and review of social media in #AlexisMurphy case #JesseMatthew tie?

Katie Love @KLOVEREPORTER  ·  11h 11 hours ago
Cassandra Morton's dad wants answers."It's possible #JesseMatthew is linked" to daughter's murder, but he's not sure.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2014, 08:56:05 AM »

October 3, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Randy Taylor's attorney thinks Jesse Matthew could link Alexis Murphy and #HannahGraham. We'll explain why on your #NewsatSunrise.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  9h 9 hours ago
Relatives of Alexis Murphy say they're offended by a letter sent to reopen her convicted killer's case. http://ht.ly/CecrY

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2014, 09:40:25 AM »

http://wtkr.com/2014/10/03/alexis-murphys-aunt-says-focus-is-on-hannah-graham-not-guys-in-jail/
Alexis Murphy’s aunt says focus is on Hannah Graham, not guys in jail
October 3, 2014

Nelson County, Va. – Alexis Murphy’s aunt said parts of a letter sent by Randy Taylor’s attorney asking investigators to check for a potential link between Hannah Graham abduction suspect Jesse Matthew Jr. and the missing Nelson County teen offended her and her family. That’s according to a report from WTVR.

Taylor was convicted earlier this year of kidnapping and killing 17-year-old Alexis Murphy. Her body has not been found.

Taylor’s attorney, Michael Hallahan, asked Nelson County Commonwealth’s Attorney Andrew Martin to order additional DNA testing to see if Matthew, the man accused of abducting missing UVa. student Hannah Graham, has any link to Murphy’s case.

“There’s no reason for us to think that anyone else was involved,” Trina Murphy said.

Martin maintains that there is no credible evidence linking Matthew to Murphy’s abduction. Regardless, he said he will order scientific testing to rule out any speculation, WTVR reports.

“I don’t think that the DNA testing will come back to show that Jesse Matthew’s DNA was in the car,” Trina Murphy said.

She said that parts of the letter written from Hallahan to Martin were offensive. In it, Hallahan wrote that Alexis’ friends testified she liked older men.

“When you’re 17 years old, older men to you are 18, 19, 21, not 32,” said Murphy.

The letter also stated that Randy Taylor never gave the location of Alexis’ body.

“That’s a below the belt hit,” said Trina Murphy. “It really is, it’s very difficult for us as a family to know that Alexis is most likely not with us anymore; but not have closure, not have her body, not being able to go to a place where we’ve laid her to rest.”

Trina said the focus now needs to remain on the search for Hannah.

“We need to find her and we need to bring her home,” Murphy said. She said that both Taylor and Matthew are behind bars, but the search is on for Graham.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.