March 19, 2024, 12:04:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexis Murphy missing Aug 3, 2013 from Charlottesville, VA  (Read 258955 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 12, 2013, 05:44:18 PM »

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/08/missing-nelson-county-girl-alexis-murphy-92422.html

Alexis Murphy missing from Nelson County
August 7, 2013 - 11:10 am

HARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WSET/WVIR/WJLA) - Police officers from around Virginia are searching for a missing 17-year old girl from Shipman.

The Nelson County Sheriff's Office says Alexis Murphy's car was found near Charlottesville on Tuesday. She was last seen in Lovingston on Saturday night, according to WSET-TV.

Charlottesville police, Nelson County, and Albermarle County Deputies, State Police and the FBI are all working the case.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 05:46:07 PM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/2013/08/12/alexis-murphy-missing-suspect-randolph-taylor-arrested-for-abduction-under-investigation-for-possible-serial-abduction-and-murder-with-ties-also-to-samantha-clarke-and-alicia-showalter-reynolds/

Alexis Murphy Missing: Suspect Randolph Taylor Arrested For Abduction Under Investigation For Possible Serial Abduction and Murder With Ties Also To Samantha Clarke and Alicia Showalter Reynolds

Announced this morning by  Virginia Commonwealth Attorney an arrest has been made in the abduction of missing Lovington woman Alexis Murphy.

Randolph Allen Taylor,  is being held in Albemarle County Jail on a kidnapping charge.

Murphy’s vehicle was found over the weekend in a Charlottesville Carmike parking lot near her job at a consignment boutique,  Murphy has not been located and was last seen at a gas station approximately 39 miles away.

Taylor was the recent recipient of vacated charges when Green County, VA Major Randy Snead authorized the placement of a GPS, without a warrant, under Taylor’s 1993 Gran Marquis while investigating his association to another missing woman- Samantha Clarke. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:51:27 PM »

Samantha Clarke case:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9017.new#new

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:01:38 PM »

Yuk...he looks scary!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 08:01:02 PM »

EEK neck tat  Hope she comes home safe.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »

Police, dogs return to home of Murphy abduction suspect
Wed Aug 14, 2013

More than 20 Virginia State Police officers, 15 vehicles, dogs and ATVs have converged today on the home of Randy Taylor off U.S. 29 in Nelson County in the search for 17-year-old Alexis Murphy.

Taylor was arrested Sunday and charged with abducting Murphy, who was last seen Aug. 3.

Investigators scoured the property Monday, and returned this morning.

Crews have surrounded a dilapidated home back on the wooded property where Taylor lives. Barking dogs are trotting through a gully along U.S. 29.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/police-dogs-return-to-home-of-murphy-abduction-suspect/article_cf705f30-050a-11e3-86e9-0019bb30f31a.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 08:09:45 PM »

**I think that's what Janet was posting.  I think it was a blocked link due to the website and that old copyright case (klaasend)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:40:22 AM by klaasend » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 08:23:03 PM »

Alexis Murphy kidnapping suspect Randy Taylor may be linked to Samantha Clarke abduction
6:08 PM, Aug 13, 2013

RICHMOND, Va. (WUSA9) -- Handcuffed and with his legs shackled, 48-year-old Randy Taylor of Lovingston, Va., was appointed a public defender to handle the most serious criminal charge he has faced. Abduction.

The FBI believes he kidnapped 17-year-old Alexis Murphy of Nelson County, Virginia.

Detectives tell WDBJ7 that they were both seen at a Lovingston gas station on August 3, the day of her disappearance.

Surveillance video caught them both there separately but during the same time frame.

<snipped>

Nineteen-year-old Samantha Clarke of Orange, Virginia disappeared in September of 2010. She had recently met Randy Taylor, who officials say called her at least five times in the hours before she disappeared.

<snipped>

Looking for clues in the Alexis Murphy disappearance, FBI agents searched Randy Taylor's home and the woods along Route 29 near Lovingston. They removed a camper, bags of evidence, and Taylor's camouflage-wrapped suburban truck.

The clue which may have lead the FBI to Taylor was surveillance video from that Liberty Gas station in Lovingston where he lives. Both Taylor and Alexis Murphy were seen in the video, taken the day she disappeared.

<snipped>

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/270550/158/Suspect-may-be-linked-to-other-abductions?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 07:25:31 AM »

Is that his home?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 10:49:30 AM »

Hi Cookie

Taylor could have been living in the camper.  However ... a photo of a dilapidated home can been seen at the following link.  I attempted to post it.  No luck.

Janet

+++++

Wed Aug 14, 2013

More than 20 Virginia State Police officers, 15 vehicles, dogs and ATVs have converged today on the home of Randy Taylor off U.S. 29 in Nelson County in the search for 17-year-old Alexis Murphy.

Taylor was arrested Sunday and charged with abducting Murphy, who was last seen Aug. 3.

Crews have surrounded a dilapidated home back on the wooded property where Taylor lives. Barking dogs are trotting through a gully along U.S. 29.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/police-dogs-return-to-home-of-murphy-abduction-suspect/article_cf705f30-050a-11e3-86e9-0019bb30f31a.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 11:41:39 AM »

Attorney for Alexis Murphy abduction suspect says drug dealer saw teen last
UPDATED: 07:07 AM EDT Aug 15, 2013

WDBJ7's Chris Hurst spoke with Charlottesville attorney Mike Hallahan Wednesday night who says Randy Taylor was not the last person to be seen with missing 17-year-old Alexis Murphy; and this all centers allegedly around a marijuana deal.

Hallahan, who represents Taylor, says Murphy met Taylor at the car wash where he worked last month. Murphy noticed Taylor was smoking marijuana and they talked about it.

Then, according to Hallahan, on August 3 Murphy saw Taylor again at the Liberty gas station in Lovingston and they again talked about cannabis.

Taylor asked the teenager if she could find him a dealer. The two went to Taylor's home where a black male in his late 20s sold Taylor some weed, Hallahan says. The man and Murphy left the home and that's the last time Taylor saw the 17-year-old, he says.

<snipped>

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/arrest-made-in-alexis-murphy-case/-/20128466/21423172/-/10ry68e/-/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 03:08:23 PM »

Randy Taylor's lawyer: Prosecution's case is weak
UPDATED: 01:25 PM EDT Aug 15, 2013

<snipped>

Randy Taylor’s attorney will ask for his client to be granted bond during a hearing next week, WDBJ7 has learned.

Taylor is expected to appear via video conference at 1 p.m. August 22 to ask for bond in Nelson County court. He’s been charged in connection to the disappearance of 17-year-old Alexis Murphy. She has not been seen since August 3

Meanwhile, FBI agents are not at Taylor’s Nelson County home. There is crime scene tape around his home.

Also new Thursday, WDBJ7's Nadine Maeser has learned that on August 7, Judge Leyburn Mosby signed off on a court order to seal all affidavits and search warrants pertaining to Randy Taylor's case and the address of 10506 Thomas Nelson highway

<snipped>

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/randy-taylors-lawyer-prosecutions-case-is-weak/-/20128466/21480558/-/nhf4qfz/-/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 07:23:03 PM »

Attorney for Alexis Murphy abduction suspect says drug dealer saw teen last
UPDATED: 07:07 AM EDT Aug 15, 2013

WDBJ7's Chris Hurst spoke with Charlottesville attorney Mike Hallahan Wednesday night who says Randy Taylor was not the last person to be seen with missing 17-year-old Alexis Murphy; and this all centers allegedly around a marijuana deal.

Hallahan, who represents Taylor, says Murphy met Taylor at the car wash where he worked last month. Murphy noticed Taylor was smoking marijuana and they talked about it.

Then, according to Hallahan, on August 3 Murphy saw Taylor again at the Liberty gas station in Lovingston and they again talked about cannabis.

Taylor asked the teenager if she could find him a dealer. The two went to Taylor's home where a black male in his late 20s sold Taylor some weed, Hallahan says. The man and Murphy left the home and that's the last time Taylor saw the 17-year-old, he says.

<snipped>

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/arrest-made-in-alexis-murphy-case/-/20128466/21423172/-/10ry68e/-/index.html

When you consider the disappearance of Samantha Clarke ... what are the chances that Randy Taylor is not involved in the disappearance of Alexis Murphy?  RT had contact with both young ladies prior to them going missing.

Why did RT not contact authorities earlier regarding his contact with AM on Monday evening?  Could it be that there was DNA belonging to AM found in the camper/home and that is why the world is hearing a fabricated story about a connection.

Janet

++++++

Alexis Murphy kidnapping suspect Randy Taylor may be linked to Samantha Clarke abduction
6:08 PM, Aug 13, 2013

<snipped>

Nineteen-year-old Samantha Clarke of Orange, Virginia disappeared in September of 2010. She had recently met Randy Taylor, who officials say called her at least five times in the hours before she disappeared.

<snipped>

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/270550/158/Suspect-may-be-linked-to-other-abductions?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »

August 15, 2013 4:45 PM
Alexis Murphy Update: Lawyer for man accused of abducting missing Va. teen says disappearance may be tied to drug deal

<snipped>

Randy Allen Taylor's court-appointed lawyer, Michael Hallahan, maintained his client's innocence Wednesday as investigators returned to Taylor's Lovingston property.

Hallahan alleged that Taylor ran into the 17-year-old at a gas station Aug. 3, the day she disappeared, CBS affiliate WTVR reports, and that Taylor asked the teen if she could find him a drug dealer. It wasn't the first encounter between the two, the lawyer alleged - nearly a month before, while Taylor was working at a local carwash, he says Murphy started talking to Taylor after she noticed he was smoking marijuana.

The night Murphy vanished, Hallahan said the 17-year-old was at Taylor's camper with another man. The lawyer said Taylor bought marijuana from the man and smoked it with him, and that the two left in separate cars.

Hallahan said Taylor didn't know the man, but he was described as a black male in his early 20s, wearing cornrows and driving a 1990s sedan with 22-inch rims.

Authorities have said Murphy was last seen around 7 p.m. Aug 3, when she left her home to go shopping in Lynchburg. Her car was found in the parking lot of a multiplex in Charlottesville three days later.

After finding a strand of Murphy's hair in Taylor's camper eight days after she was last seen, authorities arrested him on an abduction charge,  Hallahan said.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57598754-504083/alexis-murphy-update-lawyer-for-man-accused-of-abducting-missing-va-teen-says-disappearance-may-be-tied-to-drug-deal/

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:38:29 AM »

Hi Cookie

Taylor could have been living in the camper.  However ... a photo of a dilapidated home can been seen at the following link.  I attempted to post it.  No luck.

Janet

+++++

Wed Aug 14, 2013

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 12:52:16 AM »

Thanks Klaas

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 11:42:57 PM »

Considering Randy Taylor was not arrested until following the discovery of a strand of Alexis Murphy's hair ... it appears that RT failed to inform authorities that AM had been in his camper.  Why?  Could it be that a good cleaning of the camper afforded RT assurance that no DNA or evidence associated with AM would be found?  He could then claim with confidence there had been no contact?

Janet

++++++

Police probe Va. teen's disappearance; suspect claims innocence
August 16, 2013

<snipped>

Randy Taylor, 48, was seen on the video and was arrested in her abduction Sunday, police told CNN affiliate WRC-TV, but Taylor's attorney, Michael Hallahan, told WVIR that Taylor was arrested because they found one of Alexis' hairs in his camper.

<snipped>

Taylor saw the girl the night she disappeared, the lawyer said. They were both parked at the gas pumps, and Alexis made a reference to smoking marijuana, Hallahan said. Taylor told her he'd like some marijuana, the attorney said.

"She said, 'I know a guy.' She told him to meet at another location in Lovingston and they rode up there in both cars," the lawyer told the station.

That "guy," Alexis and Taylor all took separate cars to Taylor's camper in Lovingston, where Taylor bought $60 worth of marijuana. The men smoked and drank together, but Murphy did not, the attorney said.

Alexis and the unidentified man left before sundown, and that was the last Taylor saw of either of them, Hallahan told WVIR.

Hallahan further told the station there is DNA evidence of the unidentified man -- in the form of a 12-ounce Icehouse bottle -- in the camper.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/16/us/virginia-alexis-murphy-disappearance/

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/17/us/virginia-alexis-murphy-disappearance/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Family still hopes to find missing teen Alexis Murphy
By CNN Staff
updated 11:24 AM EDT, Sat August 17, 2013

(CNN) -- Having not seen or heard from her daughter in two weeks, Alexis Murphy's mother said in a CNN interview she is keeping strong with support from family and friends.

"A mother would know if her daughter is really gone, but I still have hope," Laura Murphy said.

Alexis Murphy was last seen at a gas station earlier this month. Police have arrested a suspect in her abduction, but the suspect's attorney told a CNN affiliate his client split ways with the 17-year-old after a drug deal.

Alexis was last seen wearing a pink blouse, floral spandex pants and brown boots, according to WRC. She was carrying a gray purse. Her 2003 Nissan Maxima was found August 6 in the parking lot of a movie theater near Charlottesville.

The teen's aunt, Trina Murphy, told CNN she bought a car from a dealership where Taylor used to work, "which is really eerie."

Another relative, Angela Taylor, described her as a "girly girl" and told WVIR that the volleyball player had just taken her senior pictures and was looking at colleges.

"She was just looking forward to everything, excited for everything, and for this to happen is just completely out of character for her," Taylor told the station.
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »

http://www.wset.com/story/23175388/exclusive-source-tells-abc-13-he-found-tire-tracks-on-his-property-authorities-to-search-area
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.