March 28, 2024, 05:09:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexis Murphy missing Aug 3, 2013 from Charlottesville, VA  (Read 259324 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/10/attorney-calls-for-reexamination-of-alexis-murphy-case
Attorney calls for reexamination of Alexis Murphy case
Hallahan wants Matthew's DNA compared

October 8, 2014

Attorney Michael Hallahan requested that Nelson County Commonwealth Attorney Anthony Martin re-examine DNA samples and social media activity from the Alexis Murphy missing persons case. The request comes in light of new evidence linking Jesse Matthew — a suspect being held on an abduction charge in the investigation of missing second-year College student Hannah Graham — with the case of Morgan Harrington, a Virginia Tech student who went missing in 2009 and whose body was found in a farm in January 2010.

A judge sentenced Randy Taylor, whom Hallahan represents, to two life-terms in prison in July for Murphy’s abduction and murder, and discussed a 20-year sentence in exchange for information leading to Murphy’s location.

“The offer that was made to him prior and during the trial was 20 years in exchange for her location — not a body, but her location,” Hallahan said. “Mr. Taylor maintains to this day that he did not kill Alexis Murphy. He turned that offer down because he did not want to plead guilty when he did not murder anybody.”

Martin has issued multiple statements maintaining there is no evidence to connect Matthew to the Murphy case. But upon request from Taylor’s attorney, Martin has ordered scientific testing to rule out any possible connection.

“At no time did the name Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. ever come up by Randy Taylor or Mr. Hallahan until Matthew’s arrest in Hannah Graham several days ago,” Martin said in a statement released Oct. 2. “The Commonwealth will make sure that scientific testing is done in order to bring closure to the speculation.”

Taylor stated Murphy left his camper, where her DNA was found, with another man, later described as a black man with cornrows. Hallahan’s request is based on this testimony and unidentified DNA samples from Murphy’s car.

“With a high percentage of cases like this in the area that Jesse Matthew was already linked to, it was worth writing a letter asking the commonwealth attorney to request that the state lab compare Jesse Matthew’s DNA to the samples found it Alexis Murphy’s car,” Hallahan said.

Hallahan called for an investigation into Murphy’s social media sites as well. During the case, friends of Murphy testified about her strong social media presence and her interest in older men. Hallahan wants investigators to see if Murphy and Matthew had connections on social media which were not investigated during the case.

“Alexis Murphy had over 1000 followers on Twitter at the time of the investigation, and the law enforcement and FBI did not have any reason to know the name Jesse Matthew,” Hallahan said. “So I asked them to look through the contacts to see if there is a connection.”

Hallahan has also applied for an appeal for the Taylor case based on errors made during the trial. New evidence cannot be brought into the appellate court.

Law Prof. Brandon Garrett said the criminal appeals process usually does not change the results of the sentence or the verdict. Only about one percent of criminal appeals have success in gaining a different outcome.

“Appeals judges do not look at a case with fresh eyes,” Garrett said. “Instead they are quite reluctant to review a ‘cold record’ of a trial that they were not present at and where it was the jury's job to decide the facts. “

Hallahan has tried only two successful appeals in the past 14 years. If Matthew is connected to the Murphy case, Taylor would receive a retrial as opposed to an appeal based on the new evidence.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2014, 07:00:52 PM »

October 21, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  2h 2 hours ago
UPDATE: Sheriff Brooks tells @HenryGraff they are searching Orange because of Randy Taylor's ties to that area.

Henry Graff retweeted
JUST IN: Sheriff Brooks tells @HenryGraff they started search for #AlexisMurphy in Aug. but stopped because area was too overgrown.

Charlottesville, VA
 Henry Graff @HenryGraff  ·  2h 2 hours ago
JUST IN: Sheriff Brooks tells @HenryGraff they started search for #AlexisMurphy in Aug. but stopped because area was too overgrown.

Henry Graff retweeted
UPDATE: Sheriff Brooks tells @HenryGraff the search for #AlexisMurphy was already planned and will include just law enforcement.

Charlottesville, VA
 Henry Graff retweeted
JUST IN: Sheriff Brooks tells @HenryGraff #AlexisMurphy search is ongoing. They didn't want to take attention away from #HannahGraham case.

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  3h 3 hours ago
JUST IN: Sheriff Brooks tells @HenryGraff they will search for #AlexisMurphy in Orange County in November.

Henry Graff retweeted
JUST IN: Nelson authorities tell @HenryGraff they've been searching, haven't given up hope and owe it to family of #AlexisMurphy for closure

Henry Graff retweeted
JUST IN: Nelson Authorities tell @HenryGraff they will start new search for #AlexisMurphy. No date or location given.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2014, 08:31:49 AM »

October 22, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/NBC29

#AlexisMurphy's family is speaking out now that authorities say the search for her is resuming. Watch us live: http://ht.ly/D98QY

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »

October 22, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/KLOVEREPORTER

Katie Love @KLOVEREPORTER  ·  55m 55 minutes ago
Randy Taylor transferred from solitary in Charlottesville Regional Jail to general population in Powhatan Correctional Center. #AlexisMurphy

Katie Love @KLOVEREPORTER  ·  1h 1 hour ago
#BREAKING: DNA testing started to see if #JesseMatthew was in car #AlexisMurphy was driving when she disappeared. Results expected next week

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2014, 12:29:41 PM »

October 22, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews

Laura French @lfrenchnews  ·  1h 1 hour ago
#RandyTaylor has been transferred to the Powhatan Correctional Center in Maidens, Va. #AlexisMurphy @CBS6

Laura French @lfrenchnews  ·  2h 2 hours ago
CONT: Nelson CA made the formal request to FBI lab per defense request. Results should be in next week. #JesseMatthew #AlexisMurphy @CBS6

Laura French @lfrenchnews  ·  2h 2 hours ago
BREAKING #RandyTaylor defense attorney: FBI lab performing DNA testing to determine if #JesseMatthew's DNA was in #AlexisMurphy's car @CBS6

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2014, 02:00:14 PM »

October 22, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  19m 19 minutes ago
Nelson Commonwealth's Attorney: FBI lab in Quantico has not given a specific time frame for when the DNA tests on Murphy's car will complete

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2014, 11:37:28 PM »

After reading the following articles I doubt that Jesse Matthew was connected to the disappearance of Alexis Murphy.  I could be wrong.

Janet

++++

Prosecutors detail evidence on second day of Randy Taylor trial
May 2, 2014

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/prosecutors-detail-evidence-on-second-day-of-randy-taylor-trial/article_f9454c8a-d6c2-52ad-8921-a7b388169bfd.html

Lawyer: Randy Taylor knows location of Alexis Murphy’s body
July 23, 2014

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/prosecutors-detail-evidence-on-second-day-of-randy-taylor-trial/article_f9454c8a-d6c2-52ad-8921-a7b388169bfd.html

I am sceptical that Jesse Matthew is connected to the disappearance of Alexis Murphy.  Think about it ...

1.  Alexis' cell phone was located at Randy Taylor's residence.
2.  A T-shirt with Alexis' blood on it was located at Randy Taylor's residence.
3.  Randy Taylor offered to lead investigators to Alexis for a reduced sentence.

However ... when the recent search for Samantha Clark and the upcoming search for Alexis Murphy are considered ... I suspect that maybe BOTH cases may be connected?  Could it be that Randy Taylor is talking.

Janet

+++++

THE 2010 DISAPPEARANCE OF SAMANTHA CLARKE

UPDATE: Samantha Clarke's Mother Speaks Out as Investigators Again Search Lake
September 11, 2014

Almost four years to the day 19-year-old Samantha Ann Clarke went missing, crews from across Virginia searched a Greene County lake looking for any clues in her disappearance. Clarke's mother says at this point in the case, she wants answers not only from police, but from the man she believes knows where her daughter is. ....

On Thursday, a dozen police forces scoured the lake in Greene Acres subdivision, looking for anything that may tell them what happened to Samantha.

Tinder was surprised when CBS19 told her about Thursday's search, and says over the past four years her daughter's case has not received the attention it deserves.

Tinder thinks there is one person who can help find her daughter; Randy Allen Taylor. Taylor was convicted of killing Nelson County teen Alexis Murphy, and was named a person of interest when Samantha first disappeared.

"Randy Taylor come and picked her up. He called here six times," Tinder said. "Why would you call my daughter six times if you ain't trying to lead her on or try to talk her to come out the house, or try to do something?"

"I know Randy Taylor knows where she is. I don't care what anyone says, I know in my heart where she is," said Tinder

<snipped>

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Investigators-Again-Searching-Lake-for-Missing-Orange-Co-Woman-274760811.html

THE 2013 DISAPPEARANCE OF ALEXIS MURPHY

UPDATED: Alexis Murphy's Family Reacts to New Search for Missing Teen
October 21, 2014

Officials in Nelson County have announced they are planning a new search for missing teen Alexis Murphy.

Murphy went missing from her Nelson County home in August 2013, and Randy Taylor was convicted of her murder in May 2014. Her body has never been found.

Detective Billy Mays of the Nelson County Sheriff's Office released this statement following the announcement:

"Our goal has always been to bring Alexis home, and to bring closure to the family."

"They've never stopped searching," Alexis Murphy's aunt, Trina Murphy said Tuesday night, after being informed about the upcoming search.

Trina Murphy and our media partners at Blue Ridge Life Magazine say the search will take place in Orange County in November.

"I'm confident that they have a reason for searching in Orange and we'll just go with that," Trina Murphy said.

Trina says she does not think Jesse Matthew, the man accused of abducting Hannah Graham, had anything to do with the death of Alexis.

"Even if it came out tomorrow that Jesse Matthew was somehow involved," she said, "it doesn't make Randy Taylor any less guilty. All the DNA evidence was found in his trailer. Her blood was on his shirt.
"

<snipped>

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/279954152.html

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »

October 23, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews

ICYMI #RandyTaylor defense requested #AlexisMurphy social media analysis to determine any possible connection to #JesseMatthew @CBS6

CONT #JesseMatthew DNA profile is now in state and federal databases. #HannahGraham #MorganHarrington #AlexisMurphy @CBS6

#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. It was in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6

CONT Nelson CA: social media analysis & DNA comparison both underway. He will address findings when results come back. #JesseMatthew @CBS6

BREAKING Nelson CA confirms he has ordered social media analysis of #AlexisMurphy's accounts per #RandyTaylor defense request @CBS6

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2014, 10:39:32 AM »

There is DNA connecting Jesse Matthew to Hannah Graham, Morgan Harrington and the Fairfax rape victim.  Why do some suspect that Matthew may have been involved in the disappearance of Alexis Murphy?

Janet

+++++

The 5 things people get wrong about Alexis Murphy and Jesse Matthew
October 23, 2014

<snipped>

Here are the five things people keep forgetting:

1. Taylor attempted to implicate another man, saying that man was with Murphy when she left Taylor’s camper. That man was cleared by police. We will not name him because he is not a suspect, but his name is not Jesse Matthew.

2. That man had cornrows, and allegedly sold Alexis Murphy marijuana. Repeat, he distinctly had cornrows, not dreadlocks as Matthew has. Again, that man was questioned by police, and found innocent.

3. That man drove a “burgundy Caprice with 22-inch wheels,” not a burnt orange Chrysler Coupe like Jesse Matthew drove.

4. The surveillance video from Liberty Gas Station the night Alexis Murphy disappeared shows her walking behind the back of an object some say looks like Jesse Matthew’s vehicle. It isn’t.

“FBI and Virginia State Police have re-examined that footage in light of these concerns and are confident that the orange object is not a vehicle, but a portion of a sign hanging from the window,” said Martin.

5.  People are forgetting the list of evidence against Taylor includes a bloody t-shirt found in his camper with Murphy’s DNA, eyelashes and ripped out extensions, her smashed cellphone found on his property and video of the two speaking at Liberty gas station the night she disappeared. That’s a lot of evidence, and wound up being enough for a murder charge.

The Murphy family has gone on record stating that they do not believe Matthew was involved in the disappearance and death of Alexis. Essentially, law enforcement is thoroughly checking all their bases. In addition to Taylor’s DNA, other unknown DNA was found inside Murphy’s vehicle. That evidence will be checked against Matthew’s DNA.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/23/the-5-things-people-get-wrong-about-alexis-murphy-and-jesse-matthew/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »

http://www.wric.com/story/26876939/randy-taylors-attorney-request-analysis-of-alexis-murphys-online-history
Randy Taylor's Attorney Requests Analysis of Alexis Murphy's Online History
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 2:56 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 24, 2014 6:18 AM CDT

NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) - As the FBI begins performing DNA testing on the car driven by Alexis Murphy to see if there is any possible connection between Murphy and the suspect in the disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham Jesse Matthew, the defense team of Randy Taylor is asking that additional analysis be done.

Taylor, who is currently serving time in prison in connection with the disappearance of Murphy, and his lawyer asked that Murphy's social networking account be reviewed to see if there were any connection between Murphy and Matthew.

Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin confirmed that both the DNA testing and the social media analysis are ongoing and that those results will be released once they are completed.

Matthew has been recently connected to a 2005 rape that occurred in Fairfax, Virginia.

Over the past month, lawyers for Taylor has asked for additional DNA testing in the case to see if Matthew has indeed had a connection with Murphy.

With those requests, Commonwealth's Attorney Martin has gone on record as saying that, "the evidence on Randy Taylor and Randy Taylor alone in the Alexis Murphy case is clear, the Commonwealth will make sure that scientific testing is done in order to bring closure to the speculation."

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2014, 11:45:31 AM »

Did Alexis Murphy chat with Jesse Matthew on social media?
October 23, 2014

The Nelson County Commonwealth’s Attorney has ordered an analysis of social media accounts held by Alexis Murphy, CBS 6 reporter Laura French confirmed Thursday. The exact number of accounts and nature of the analysis remained unclear.

The analysis was requested by the attorney for Randy Taylor.The Nelson County Commonwealth’s Attorney has ordered an analysis of social media accounts held by Alexis Murphy, CBS 6 reporter Laura French confirmed Thursday. The exact number of accounts and nature of the analysis remained unclear.

The analysis was requested by the attorney for Randy Taylor.

<snipped>

Taylor’s attorney also asked Murphy’s car be tested for evidence that could link her to Matthew. There was DNA found in Murphy’s car that did not match Taylor. ...

Murphy’s family members said they did not think the testing would change anything in the case against Randy Taylor.

“I’d be surprised if it did. Honestly, I would be surprised,” Alexis’ aunt Trina Murphy said.

Last month Nelson County Commonwealth’s Attorney Anthony Martin stated there was no evidence Matthew was connected to Murphy’s disappearance.

“In recent days, there has been much discussion in news reports and on social media as to whether or not there is any connection between the case involving Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr., charged in connection with missing UVa. student Hannah Graham and Randy Allen Taylor who was convicted in May 2014 for abduction with intent to defile and the first degree murder of Alexis Murphy,” Martin wrote on September 24.

Specifically, he said, Matthew Jr. was not the man Taylor tried to “implicate in his trial of being with Alexis Murphy when she left Taylor’s camper in August 2013.” Taylor implicated another man, who was later cleared, Martin said. Martin said neither Matthew’s name nor any vehicle that matched the description of Matthew’s car came up during the Taylor investigation and subsequent.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/23/alexis-murphy-jesse-matthew-social-media/

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2014, 09:33:11 AM »

http://www.wric.com/story/26876939/randy-taylors-attorney-request-analysis-of-alexis-murphys-online-history

NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) - As the FBI begins performing DNA testing on the car driven by Alexis Murphy to see if there is any possible connection between Murphy and the suspect in the disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham Jesse Matthew, the defense team of Randy Taylor is asking that additional analysis be done.

Taylor, who is currently serving time in prison in connection with the disappearance of Murphy, and his lawyer asked that Murphy's social networking account be reviewed to see if there were any connection between Murphy and Matthew.

Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin confirmed that both the DNA testing and the social media analysis are ongoing and that those results will be released once they are completed.

Matthew has been recently connected to a 2005 rape that occurred in Fairfax, Virginia.

Over the past month, lawyers for Taylor has asked for additional DNA testing in the case to see if Matthew has indeed had a connection with Murphy.

With those requests, Commonwealth's Attorney Martin has gone on record as saying that, "the evidence on Randy Taylor and Randy Taylor alone in the Alexis Murphy case is clear, the Commonwealth will make sure that scientific testing is done in order to bring closure to the speculation."

Although I don't feel there is a connection . . . the defense must pursue every possibility.  The Commonwealth is doing what it needs to do to squash speculation.  JMO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2014, 03:57:36 PM »

Although I don't feel there is a connection . . . the defense must pursue every possibility.  The Commonwealth is doing what it needs to do to squash speculation.  JMO

Bolded by me & I totally agree. 
At this time, I don't feel there is a connection either, Sister.  From other articles I've read, Alexis's family seem to feel the person who murdered her is behind bars, that being Randy Taylor.  This must be very difficult for them, like opening old wounds, imo.  I have so much respect for them and for their strength, because they didn't want any plea deals made with Randy Taylor to reduce his sentence in return for revealing the location of Alexis's remains. I hope she can be found in the searches in the next coming months. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2014, 10:54:39 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/542613869216973

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
21 hrs ·
BREAKING: Orange Co. officials will hold a news conference Sunday at 8 a.m to update Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke cases. SPREAD THIS

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »

When recent searches for Samantha Clark and the upcoming search for Alexis Murphy are considered ... I suspect that maybe BOTH cases may be connected?  Could it be that Randy Taylor is talking.

Janet

+++++

THE 2010 DISAPPEARANCE OF SAMANTHA CLARKE

UPDATE: Samantha Clarke's Mother Speaks Out as Investigators Again Search Lake
September 11, 2014

Almost four years to the day 19-year-old Samantha Ann Clarke went missing, crews from across Virginia searched a Greene County lake looking for any clues in her disappearance. Clarke's mother says at this point in the case, she wants answers not only from police, but from the man she believes knows where her daughter is. ....

On Thursday, a dozen police forces scoured the lake in Greene Acres subdivision, looking for anything that may tell them what happened to Samantha.

Tinder was surprised when CBS19 told her about Thursday's search, and says over the past four years her daughter's case has not received the attention it deserves.

Tinder thinks there is one person who can help find her daughter; Randy Allen Taylor. Taylor was convicted of killing Nelson County teen Alexis Murphy, and was named a person of interest when Samantha first disappeared.

"Randy Taylor come and picked her up. He called here six times," Tinder said. "Why would you call my daughter six times if you ain't trying to lead her on or try to talk her to come out the house, or try to do something?"

"I know Randy Taylor knows where she is. I don't care what anyone says, I know in my heart where she is," said Tinder

<snipped>

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Investigators-Again-Searching-Lake-for-Missing-Orange-Co-Woman-274760811.html

THE 2013 DISAPPEARANCE OF ALEXIS MURPHY

UPDATED: Alexis Murphy's Family Reacts to New Search for Missing Teen
October 21, 2014

Officials in Nelson County have announced they are planning a new search for missing teen Alexis Murphy.

Murphy went missing from her Nelson County home in August 2013, and Randy Taylor was convicted of her murder in May 2014. Her body has never been found.

Detective Billy Mays of the Nelson County Sheriff's Office released this statement following the announcement:

"Our goal has always been to bring Alexis home, and to bring closure to the family."

"They've never stopped searching," Alexis Murphy's aunt, Trina Murphy said Tuesday night, after being informed about the upcoming search.

Trina Murphy and our media partners at Blue Ridge Life Magazine say the search will take place in Orange County in November.

"I'm confident that they have a reason for searching in Orange and we'll just go with that," Trina Murphy said.

Trina says she does not think Jesse Matthew, the man accused of abducting Hannah Graham, had anything to do with the death of Alexis.

"Even if it came out tomorrow that Jesse Matthew was somehow involved," she said, "it doesn't make Randy Taylor any less guilty. All the DNA evidence was found in his trailer. Her blood was on his shirt.
"

<snipped>

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/279954152.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2014, 01:58:15 PM »

New search launched for Murphy & Clarke near Randy Taylor's old home
Posted: Nov 14, 2014 3:22 PM PST
Updated: Nov 14, 2014 3:28 PM PST

ORANGE COUNTY (WSLS 10) - A new search for Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke will be near where Randy Taylor used to live in Orange County.

Taylor was also convicted of Alexis Murphy's abduction and murder in May of 2014.

The search will include more than 150 searchers covering more than 200 acres. The Town of Orange Police Chief James Fenwick says Taylor is still a 'person of interest' in Samantha Clarke's disappearance.

Police have said Taylor was one of the last people Clarke associated with before she was never seen again.

"For us, Randy Taylor is a key person. He is one of a group of people who Samantha Clarke associated with prior to her disappearance," Chief Fenwick said,

The area being searched Sunday has been searched before. Cheif Fenwick says four years after Clarke disappeared, they are re-examining information and hitting this area with a different approach and new technology.

However, according to Alexis Murphy's family, they were not notified about Orange Police talking to the media on Sunday.

In fact, they had been told it was going to be a private search.

"I think if I were to mention Samantha Clarke without mentioning Randy Taylor and Alexis Murphy, then that would be a disservice not only to Ms. Murphy's family, but to the case in general," Chief Fenwick said..

<snipped>

http://www.wfla.com/story/27390304/search-for-murphy-clarke-near-randy-taylors-old-home

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2014, 02:04:13 PM »

Samantha Clarke

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2014, 10:31:37 PM »

Orange authorities planning search Sunday for Samantha Ann Clarke, Alexis Murphy
November 13, 2014

Town of Orange Police and the Orange County Sheriff’s Office are planning a “pretty large operation” Sunday to sweep the county in hopes of discovering the whereabouts two missing women, town police Chief James Fenwick said.

The two agencies are still working out the details of the search for Samantha Ann Clarke, of Orange, and Alexis Murphy, of Nelson, he said.

In October, Orange authorities said Nelson County authorities and other specialized search units also would be a part of the search.

“We’re revisiting some previously explored areas,” Fenwick said. “We’ve been working with the Alexis Murphy case from the very beginning, so [we’ll use] information that’s come up in that investigation … to the best of abilities to further our own case.”

<snipped>

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/orange-authorities-planning-search-sunday-for-samantha-ann-clarke-alexis/article_a42f6ca4-6b7e-11e4-ae8f-c7c3fa1855bc.html

Police announce press conference regarding missing teens Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke
NOVEMBER 14, 2014

ORANGE COUNTY, Va. — Orange County officials plan to meet with the press on Sunday, Nov. 16, 2014, at 8 a.m., in regards to the search for missing teens Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke.

Murphy went missing from Nelson County on  August 3, 2013. Randy Taylor was convicted of her murder in May 2014, and sentenced to two life terms.

Murphy’s body has never been found. A new search will soon begin for her in Orange County.

Samantha Clarke went missing from Orange County in 2010.

It is also believed Randy Taylor had contact with her before she disappeared.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2014/11/14/police-announce-press-conference-regarding-missing-teens-alexis-murphy-and-samantha-clarke/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2014, 09:41:57 AM »

November 16 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/kellyavellino

Kelly Avellino NBC12 @KellyAvellino  ·  25m 25 minutes ago
150 crews are scouring Orange County to reignite search for #AlexisMurphy and   #SamanthaClarke.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2014, 10:30:33 AM »

Police give statement on Alexis Murphy, Samantha Clarke searches
POSTED: 07:37 AM EST Nov 16, 2014    UPDATED: 08:48 AM EST Nov 16, 2014

Police held a news conference on Sunday morning about missing teens Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke.

Chief James Fenwick of the Town of Orange Police Department says police are going to be searching an area that they have searched before. It's an area Randy Taylor would have been familiar with and would have had access to.

"Every lead we pursue in these cases, we're looking at both cases," Fenwick says.

At least 150 people are expected to search for Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke.

Investigators said nature worked against them the last time they searched this area. Now they hope to use aircraft similar to what was used in the Hannah Graham search.

The greatest possible outcome for these searches would be to find both missing teens, according to police.

"We're out here beating the bushes, seeing what we can find," says Fenwick.

<snipped>

VIDEO:
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/police-to-give-statement-on-alexis-murphy-samantha-clarke-searches/29747356

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.