April 25, 2024, 08:47:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dialing 11 numbers to call your neighbor  (Read 4965 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« on: August 02, 2006, 04:35:04 AM »

This weekend, area code 310 which includes a lot of Los Angeles, is no required to call the 1 then the area code 310 then the other 7 numbers to call just right next door.

It was org. said that the the new cell phone numbers would have a layer so we, who already have established telephone numbers wouldn't be affected.

Guess, I spent too much time on Scared Monkeys and didn;t pay attention to the latest changes.

So I'd like to hear your good thoughts about this and the negative ones too
Am wish hearing inconvenience stories, frustrations, important numbers that don't work et al  because of this new required 4 number overlay

I'ld like to hear who you will be writing your complaints to and anyway, in mass we can start some presssure to get the dialing of 1 then area code for local calls to be stopped.

If not stopped here it will be coming to your neighborhood soooooon

Thanks and God Bless,

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 04:42:14 AM »

Klaassend when you see this would, could you please edit my post about and delete this???

In the first Paragraph is was to read
now required
 not
no required.

and look like this

This weekend, area code 310 which includes a lot of Los Angeles, is now required to call the 1 then the area code 310 then the other 7 numbers to call just right next door.

and delete this one.... am up too late in too much pain. Thanks IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:30:12 AM »

We have three area codes in metro ATL.  You have to dial the area code and then the number.  You only need the one to dial long distance.  It was a nuisance at first but we've been doing it for a few years so it's no biggie.  People griped initially because they had to have new business cards, etc. printed.  Now I think they're over it.  It was inevitable.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 09:24:45 AM »

Just as Peaches has posted, our area has been required to dial the area code for local calls, and the country code '1' plus area code & number for long distance for several years.  Not only did we have to go through this, but also had our area code changed as they realigned the designated areas and added new ones for NJ.  As it stands, our cell phones have one area code and home phone another.  Makes life a little complicated or interesting, however you want to look at it. Smile (my understanding is the increased # of cell phones instigated this)

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.