March 19, 2024, 01:01:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1618383 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1660 on: July 03, 2018, 08:01:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/HelpTheMissing/photos/a.153914934626992.33388.123013127717173/125690517449434/?type=1&theater

Justice for Natalee!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:12:33 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1661 on: July 03, 2018, 08:12:59 PM »

Ruben Trappenberg has died!

http://www.awe24.com/20180703/32317/Nos_bon_amigo_y_bon_colega_Ruben_Trappenberg_a_fayece_awe_mainta_tempran

Papiamentu translation:

we good amigo y good colega ruben trapenberg owing to fayece today morning early
12 hora happen come across, 3 of july 2018 08:08 seccion: obituario

photograph of we good amigo y good colega ruben trapenberg owing to fayece today morning

early tuesday morning early owing to enter the tristo news cu we great amigo y colega in prensa ruben trapenberg owing to fayece, of part of we of awe24.com is extende words of condolencia at his wife maria, yiunan stacey-ann y annmarie y other family. is duelnos of have the duty for informa this. one great person cu good curazon y great respet y cariño for all but genuinely everybody. cu sir have one good lugar for sosiego of his soul in the kingdom celestial. much compel at the family cu the great perdida here.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1662 on: July 03, 2018, 08:25:56 PM »

He posted this on facebook in January.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155224233832546&set=a.10151670031862546.1073741827.680842545&type=3

Ruben Trapenberg is at Erasmus MC.
January 23 · Rotterdam, Netherlands

(Papiamentu translation)

update 3: much thanks of curazon for all the good deseonan y oracionnan of you all!! day 3 of january we owing to arrive the netherlands for follow tratamento avanza contra cancer lymphoma non-hodgkin thanks at dr.jonkhoff y azv. i have enter erasmus medisch center at rotterdam at once y all the time owing to conoce another arubianonan cu also have tratamento here. thanks at you support y the atencion medico all cos is canando good. we cas at aruba is good cuida y here we is together cu we yiunan cu is studiando here at the netherlands. till awo the tratamento is go good, niun contratiempo, good result y siguiendo positief. as we in you oracionnan!

And this in May (as shared by someone else)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211653156787333&set=a.10205583767256388.1073741827.1319102357

Romeo Thijsen
Follow · May 21 ·

Ruben Trapenberg wrote:
Update (final): Nos ta bek di Hulanda y tratamento a bai bon. E cancer ta bou control y bida ta sigui. Lastima cu mi a perde mi cel y no por a duna mas update detaya. Un Danki di curazon pa tur e oracionnan y atencion di boso tur; mi casa, yiunan, rumannan y famianan cu a yudami. En corto e salud awo ta bon Danki Dios!

English: Back on my island after aggressive chemotherapy treatment in Holland. The cancer in in remission. I lost my cel therefore could not update during the 4 months of treatment. Thanks to all for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers during this ordeal.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:41:50 PM by texasmom » Logged

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1663 on: July 04, 2018, 11:07:09 AM »

Thanks Kermit!  I just saw the news too.  Haven't tried translating anything yet to see if I can tell what happened to him.  He couldn't have been that old.

I knew he was going through cancer treatment, but I thought he was doing
better, then I saw yesterday he had died.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1664 on: July 05, 2018, 06:13:26 PM »

Wow, he was so young.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1665 on: July 05, 2018, 06:16:58 PM »

Tribute to Ruben on Youtube:

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1666 on: July 06, 2018, 04:09:24 AM »

Thanks, Kermit, Sis, and Fearless Leader. 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1667 on: July 06, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I know there are a lot of people who are dedicated to helping others through this organization.  They do good work.  Wish I didn't feel so skeptical of Tim Miller, but I do.  He needs to step away.  He will always be the founder and respected for that.  JMO

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texas-equusearch-facing-funding-crisis

Texas EquuSearch facing funding crisis

By Phil Archer - Reporter
Posted: 6:09 PM, July 05, 2018
Updated: 6:09 PM, July 05, 2018

HOUSTON - Texas EquuSearch in facing an uncertain future, according to the nonprofit’s founder, Tim Miller.

Miller said the organization is running out of money.

He said the organization is as busy as ever, but donations are down this year.

“After Hurricane Harvey, it’s kind of dried our donations up,” Miller said.

Miller said he’s injected $36,000 of his own money to keep the doors open for the last three months.

He founded Texas EquuSearch in 2000 after his daughter was abducted and murdered.

EquuSearch is as busy as ever. Volunteers are currently helping local police in four missing persons cases. The subject of one of those cases is Gloria Jimenez’s sister, Maria, the mother of a small child who went missing on her way to work last week.

“Honestly, that’s my only support that I have right now. They are the only ones keeping me strong and still having faith that she’s somewhere and that she’s going to come back home,” Jimenez said.

In 18 years, Texas EquuSearch has become an important partner for police agencies ranging from the Houston Police Department to the FBI and Texas Rangers. The nonprofit has been involved in more than 1,800 searches in 42 states and nine foreign countries. Volunteers provide manpower police agencies simply don’t have.

“To have that force multiplier that someone is going to go out there and search all these different areas, I mean, it certainly helps in their investigations,” said Joe Gamaldi, president of the Houston Police Officers Union.

But without new sources of funding, Miller isn’t sure how long he can keep providing that help.

“I’m scared,” Miller said. “For the first time in my life, I'm really scared that if something doesn’t break, I’m going to get a phone call and I'm going to have to say, 'I’m sorry, I can’t help.'”

Miller is planning a fundraiser to be held in October. In the meantime, he’s trying to attract new donors.

Here is more information:

Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery
4013 FM 517, Suite B, Dickinson, Texas 77539
P.O. Box 395, Dickinson, Texas 77539
Office: (281) 309-9500

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1668 on: July 06, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »

It's not the first time in their history, and he has turned a family down before.
The snip below is from five years ago.
Now he had $36,000 in savings to chip in?  What kind of expenses average $12,000 a month?  If I were considering donating, I'd want to know.
JMO

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Volunteer-accused-of-stealing-from-EquuSearch-4609691.php

Volunteer accused of stealing from EquuSearch
By Carol Christian, Chron.com / Houston Chronicle Updated 3:58 pm CDT, Thursday, June 20, 2013

Discovery of the thefts comes at a bad time for the all-volunteer group, which he said has been struggling financially in recent months.

"I seriously don't know if we're going to survive it," he said.

Miller told of receiving a call at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday from the family of a young woman missing in Louisiana, and said that for the first time ever he had to tell the family there was nothing EquuSearch could do.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1669 on: July 06, 2018, 01:25:37 PM »

Thanks, Kermit, Sis, and Fearless Leader. 

Hey Sis!    You're welcome! 

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1670 on: July 06, 2018, 03:59:02 PM »

Volunteer accused of stealing from EquuSearch
By Carol Christian, Chron.com / Houston Chronicle Updated 3:58 pm CDT, Thursday, June 20, 2013

IMAGE 1 OF 33 Vernon Armentor, 48, who allegedly made unauthorized use of a credit card belonging to Texas Equusearch, is in the Galveston County Jail on $20,000 bond.

A former boyfriend of Laura Miller, whose abduction and death led her father to start Texas EquuSearch, now stands accused of stealing from the organization.

Vernon Armentor, 48, was arrested this week and charged with credit card abuse, agency founder and director Tim Miller said Wednesday.

Miller started the organization in August 2000.

His daughter, then 16, disappeared in 1984 from League City. At the time, Armentor was her boyfriend. Picture of him at link

"I'm sick about it," Miller said of the theft allegations. "That was my daughter's boyfriend and would have been my son-in-law. It's a disgrace to Laura and a disgrace to EquuSearch."

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Volunteer-accused-of-stealing-from-EquuSearch-4609691.php
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:04:43 PM by Blonde » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1671 on: July 06, 2018, 04:01:54 PM »

Texas Equusearch Volunteer Charged With Theft
June 20, 2013 at 8:54 amFiled Under:Body Found, EquuSearch, Missing person, Missing Persons, Physical Search, Texas EquuSearch
DICKINSON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A volunteer with Texas Equusearch has been accused of stealing from the search organization.

Galveston County jail records show 48-year-old Vernon Armentor was being held Thursday on credit or debit card abuse charges. Online jail records don’t list an attorney for Armentor, who was arrested Monday at the group’s office in Dickinson.

Officials had noticed unusual cash withdrawals from the search and recovery group’s credit card. Video surveillance from ATMs helped lead to the arrest of Armentor, who’s known Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller for years. Armentor formerly dated Miller’s 16-year-old daughter, Laura.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
In other news related to the organization, Texas Equusearch on Tuesday had about $45,000 worth of equipment and a trailer stolen from outside a restaurant.

Miller started Texas Equusearch in 2000 following the 1984 disappearance and slaying of his daughter.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/06/20/texas-equusearch-volunteer-charged-with-theft/

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1672 on: July 06, 2018, 07:44:30 PM »

I have seen nothing to discredit Tim or Equisearch. Quite frankly, I’m surprised their expenses aren’t MORE than $12,000 a month. They have many horses to board along with salaries and operating expenses. It isn’t run from his home anymore - rent alone is probably in excess of $5,000 a month. I summed up my feelings on the last page of the thread.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1673 on: July 08, 2018, 06:39:48 PM »

I have seen nothing to discredit Tim or Equisearch. Quite frankly, I’m surprised their expenses aren’t MORE than $12,000 a month. They have many horses to board along with salaries and operating expenses. It isn’t run from his home anymore - rent alone is probably in excess of $5,000 a month. I summed up my feelings on the last page of the thread.

Maybe a big corporation will step up and put some money into Equisearch, which is what they need. We need Equisearch to continue, in my opinion. It's people that prey on those who are the most vulnerable that make me sick. Losing a child is no joke and Tim has not only lost his daughter, but he has worked tirelessly at helping find others. I hope this does not discourage him to continue, he and his people have the equipment and knowledge that others don't.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1674 on: July 20, 2018, 11:18:06 AM »

DITTO Wreck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1675 on: July 25, 2018, 05:09:35 PM »

https://www.misdaadjournalist.nl/2018/07/hulpje-van-peter-r-de-vries-natalee-holloway-weer-een-ramkraak/

Google translation:

"Help" by Peter R. de Vries (Natalee Holloway): another ram raid

Hendrik Jan Korterink  July 24, 2018    3 Comments

One of the two suspects who stood before the court in Zutphen on Monday for a ram raid in Apeldoorn, is Patrick van der E. (45). Reporting  Omroep Gelderland We know him as the infiltrant who, as an undercover for Peter de Vries, approached Joran van der Sloot and got some secrets about the death of Natalee Holloway. Van der Eem later wrote a book about it (photo below: the presentation of it)

The ram raid was on 18 September 2017 at jeweler Maaskant at the Mercatorplein in Apeldoorn. Two men drove the shop front with a stolen car. Jewelery and clocks lay on the floor everywhere in the building. A month earlier they had already made a failed attempt here. Then they did not get far enough, now they had laid down road plates.

With thieves you catch thieves and that Patrick is a rather incorrigible crook, is clear: he got four months ago ten months in prison for a ram raid at a clothing store in Oosterbeek.

From the comments:  
MopNeus
July 24, 2018 - 20:58
Mind you, this is the person Joran vd Sloot looked up to ... lol

https://www.destentor.nl/deventer/ontmaskeraar-joran-van-der-sloot-verdacht-van-ramkraak-in-apeldoorn~a3486296/

Google translation:

'Ontmaskeraar' Joran van der Sloot suspected of ram raid in Apeldoorn

He once unmasked Joran van der Sloot in a controversial broadcast by Peter R. de Vries about the murder of Natalee Holloway. But the 45-year-old Patrick van der E. himself is not a blank sheet. Today he had to report to the court in Zutphen for a raid in Apeldoorn and Deventer.

Debora Boomsma 23-07-18, 14:53

Because it was a pro forma session, Van der E. did not have much to say. He did, however, know that he was annoyed when he arrived. He finds that he is wrongly linked to a Facebook account.

When he was arrested, the police would have written down a wrong telephone number that was linked to an account on Facebook, on which potentially damaging material was found. Van der E. says that this account is not his.

Media
His lawyer then also requested that the agents on duty be heard on that investigation. The court decided that this was not necessary, to the great frustration of Van der E. He told the media to turn to his side of the story. 'Prepare yourself,' he warned the chairman of the court.

The court also rejected the request to lift the temporary detention of Van der E. His lawyer therefore asked because her client misses his children and wants to wait for the process in freedom.

Social importance
However, the public prosecutor warned the court that chances are that Van der E. will go wrong again. And the social interest must, in his opinion, outweigh the personal interest of the suspect. The court went along with that. Van der E. said that it was fine to find.

The 'ontmaskeraar' of Joran van de Sloot remains in the cell until 3 September. On that date, the substantive session of the case is planned. Incidentally, Van der E. has been convicted once before for a ram raid. He was then sentenced to 10 months in prison on appeal.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:23:40 PM by texasmom » Logged

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1676 on: August 11, 2018, 09:09:56 AM »

Speaking of Joran, only 20 more years until Alabama gets him.  We can wait.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1677 on: August 17, 2018, 11:53:23 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1678 on: August 17, 2018, 11:59:24 AM »

Maybe I just read it wrong, but I couldn't post without adding...
Natalee's mother, Beth, has never stopped searching for answers in Natalee's disappearance.

https://people.com/crime/vacation-murders-disappearances-madeleine-mccann-natalee-holloway/

CRIME
Natalee Holloway Vanishes, Newlyweds Slain on Honeymoon and Other Notorious Vacation Nightmares
The trips in these nine cases — in the U.S. and abroad — ended in grief and mystery

CHRISTINE PELISEK
August 14, 2018 09:52 AM

1 of 10

Natalee Holloway: Years-Old Aruba Mystery with Few Answers and No Body

When it comes to disappearances, few are as enduring in the public consciousness as that of 18-year-old Alabama high school graduate Natalee Holloway, who went missing in May 2005 while on a trip to Aruba with friends. There have been theories, sightings, arrests and accusations in the case — but more than 12 years later, few answers have been found and Holloway or her remains have not been located. Although Joran van der Sloot has long been suspected, he has never been charged in connection with her going missing. He is serving 28 years in a Peruvian prison for the 2010 murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores. Once released, he will likely be extradited to the United States to face charges for allegedly extorting Holloway’s mother, Beth, out of $250,000 in exchange for information about her missing daughter. Holloway’s father, Dave, continues to search for what happened to her.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1679 on: August 21, 2018, 04:32:54 PM »

wonder if he will be alive by then.......just saying....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.