March 28, 2024, 05:08:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1620213 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1860 on: July 16, 2021, 11:07:44 AM »

https://twitter.com/AlcatrazEast/status/875409790658375685

Justice for Natalee!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1861 on: July 16, 2021, 11:20:19 AM »

Rest in Peace, Peter.   an angelic monkey

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/15/1016418922/dutch-reporter-netherlands-shot-crime-gangsters-dies-de-vries
A Dutch Reporter Who Covered Gangsters Dies After Being Shot In Amsterdam
July 15, 202111:10 AM ET
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

THE HAGUE, Netherlands — Peter R. de Vries, a renowned Dutch journalist who fearlessly reported on the violent underworld of the Netherlands and campaigned to breathe new life into cold cases, has died at age 64 after being shot in a brazen attack last week, his family said Thursday.

"Peter fought to the end, but was unable to win the battle," the family said in a statement sent to Dutch media.

"Peter has lived by his conviction: 'On bended knee is no way to be free,'" the family statement said. "We are unbelievably proud of him and at the same time inconsolable."

De Vries had been fighting for his life in an Amsterdam hospital since the attack. The statement said he died surrounded by loved ones and requested privacy for De Vries' family and partner "to process his death in peace." Funeral arrangements were not immediately announced.

an angelic monkey

https://twitter.com/iamgraphicrand/status/1415664683793715204

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 11:25:57 AM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1862 on: July 19, 2021, 08:38:21 AM »

https://www.ad.nl/amsterdam/afscheid-peter-r-de-vries-is-woensdag-en-donderdag-in-carre~ad14d68f/

Google translation:

Farewell Peter R. de Vries is Wednesday and Thursday in Carré
The farewell of Peter R. de Vries will take place in Carré on Wednesday and Thursday. RTL Nieuws announced this on Sunday. Everyone is welcome that first day, Thursday is for family and loved ones.

Anna Herter 18-07-21, 19:06 Last update: 10:23

People who want to give Peter R. de Vries a final greeting can visit Carré on Wednesday. That RTL News published yesterday. Thursday is reserved for family and loved ones.

The theater is open on Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. for anyone who wants to stop by. In the obituary that was full page in Dutch newspapers on Saturday, the family van De Vries already announced that 'everyone to whom Peter has meant something in his life' is invited to come and say goodbye to him in Carré.

The conditions for a visit to the farewell are described on the RTL Boulevard website . For example, no corona test or vaccination certificate is required, but those present are expected to keep one and a half meters away from each other.

'Great crowds are taken into account', according to RTL Boulevard , 'so everyone is kindly requested to keep the goodbye at the bier as short as possible, so that as many people as possible get the chance to pay him a last tribute.'

Various memorial places
In a number of places in the city it was already possible to commemorate De Vries. For example, approximately five hundred people visited the Westerkerk on Friday. There they could stop by for four hours for a moment of silence and reflection or to light a candle for the deceased crime journalist.

The Nicholas Basilica on Prins Hendrikkade still offers this option, every day between twelve and five o'clock in the afternoon. Visitors can also sign a condolence register for De Vries there.

In the Lange Leidsedwarsstraat, where De Vries was shot in broad daylight after a performance in RTL Boulevard on Tuesday 6 July, flowers have been laid at the site of the attack since that day . People come there incessantly to commemorate the murder of the crime reporter who died of his injuries on Thursday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1863 on: July 25, 2021, 09:37:54 AM »

I've seen so many beautiful tributes for Peter R. de Vries.  I've read that more than 7500 lined up to pay their respects during the public viewing, and that radio stations all played his favorite song in concert on the day of the private service and final burial.  I've been listening to one of his last interviews right now, of course I can understand very little, but I still love listening to his voice and as always...he's so handsome!  He talked about Joran van der Sloot for a moment in the interview I'm watching.  In several tributes it was mentioned that he wrote many letters and left little notes in sometimes hidden places to surprise those he loved.  He'd reportedly said at some time that the spoken word is for a moment but a letter can be read over and over.  We were all witness to his skill as an investigative journalist and fearless crime fighter.  We saw him give hope to many that had lost all hope of answers in their cases.  But it has been heartwarming for me to learn more about the private side of him, that he carefully kept very private; and understandably so in his line of work. 

I'll always remember the way he looked at Paulus van der Sloot and Joran van der Sloot.  As stated below in a recent tribute, without a doubt, he knew what kind of meat was in their tubs.     

He was a good man, kind man, and made an indelible impression on the hearts of many; including mine.  He will never be forgotten.  an angelic monkey

Link to interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQhD8EoLdnc
Google translation:
Last interview Peter R. de Vries (25-06-2021)
Jul 16, 2021
HNTM
TV Monument Special: Peter R. de Vries Omroep MAX will broadcast the TV Monument Special: Peter R. de Vries on Friday, July 16, 2021 on NPO 1 following the death of Peter R. de Vries. Last interview In the TV Monument Special : Peter R. de Vries talks to Han Peekel with Peter R. de Vries. It is, in retrospect, the last interview that Peter will give. The role of television and unresolved cases The reason for the interview is the four-part series 70 years of television: Je Beste Vriend, in which Han Peekel discusses the medium of television with prominent Dutch people. Peter R. de Vries tells Han Peekel, among other things, that television was very important to him and that this gave a stage to the issues in which he stuck. He also talks about the role these unresolved cases played in his life, and the emotions it aroused in him. The last interview with Peter R. de Vries took place on Friday, June 25, 2021. TV Monument Special: Peter R. Vries can be seen on Friday, July 16, 2021 at 8.30 pm on NPO 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8UiCJ3UCSA
Peter R De Vries Procol Harum A Whiter Shade of Pale
Radio stations throughout the country will play his favorite song A Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum at 11 a.m. on Thursday as a tribute to crime reporter Peter R. de Vries. At the same time, the private funeral begins in the Royal Theater Carré.

(Robert is an older brother of former lawyer Bram Moszkowicz)
https://www.hpdetijd.nl/2021-07-22/voor-peter/

Google translation:

For Peter
Robert Moszkowicz commemorates his friend Peter R. de Vries. “I have never met a person who was as straightforward and uncompromisingly clinging to his ideas and principles as Peter R. de Vries.”

Published on:22/07 | 2021
Posted in the following categories:TO LIVE
Written by:Robert MoszkowiczI

At the end of 1986 I went through a difficult period.

Through my father, Max Moszkowicz Sr., Peter de Vries had heard that I was in a precarious position.

I was stuck.

One day, shortly after I ended up in this position, I received, totally unexpectedly, by 'internal' mail an encouraging letter from Peter R. de Vries.

At that time, Peter and I only knew each other superficially through my father, from a chat here and a drink there.

This did not prevent him from sending me a poem which I cherish.

If you think, 'I am defeated',
defeat is a fact.
If you think, 'I won't budge',
you will eventually win the battle.
If you think, 'I can't make it',
the setback is coming.
For the skipping of the scales,
Depends chiefly on will.
Despondents perish
through their doubts, through their fears,
Fighters win by miracle
Every time the toughest race

This poem by Peter touched me deeply, and it certainly helped me get through that difficult period.

After that I got up again, and I got my life back on track afterwards.

This was Peter all over.

Some time after that, when I was a lawyer again and I was doing a controversial criminal case against a Turkish suspect who had made ABN AMRO four million guilders lighter, we got in touch again and since then we have often met and talked to each other, also in business terms.

On all important occasions for me and my family, Peter was always present, including the premiere of the documentary about my life, of my eldest son Max.

I cherish the friendship with Peter and keep unforgettable memories of it.

I have never met a person who was so straightforward and uncompromisingly stuck to his ideas and principles as Peter R. de Vries.

Peter was someone who could see right through someone and immediately knew what kind of meat he had in the tub.

Unfortunately, he was unable to look the cowardly perpetrator of his murder straight in the eye, but was attacked from behind by this false murderer.

It is incomprehensible to me why the government and in particular the minister of 'Security' and Justice and all sections that fall under his ministry have not of their own accord tried to monitor or promote Peter's safety by taking the appropriate measures, precisely because it was known that Peter was on a 'black list', even though it was known that Peter himself had rejected intense security.

That could have made all the difference…

As far as is now known, the government has seriously failed to do so with the currently known consequences.

Peter is inimitable in all facets of his personality and of what he has achieved and accomplished in his field.

Peter is indeed a hero.

It is incomprehensible that Peter has not already received the appropriate honors from this and for that during his lifetime.

Peter will have no successor, because he was unique in every way and because for the time being no one will arise who can even come close to him.

https://twitter.com/dirkjanjanssen/status/1417873308444282880
Google translation:
Dirk Janssen
@dirkjanjanssen
A 3-kilometer line in Amsterdam, where thousands of people today said goodbye to the murdered journalist Peter R. de Vries. A brave man with a big heart, who fought against injustice all his life. Peace to your soul.

https://twitter.com/AartvanAcquoij/status/1417790574577455104

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1864 on: August 09, 2021, 11:11:17 AM »

Still waiting for Justice for Natalee  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1865 on: August 15, 2021, 09:21:06 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/15/1016418922/dutch-reporter-netherlands-shot-crime-gangsters-dies-de-vries
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

THE HAGUE, Netherlands — Peter R. de Vries, a renowned Dutch journalist who fearlessly reported on the violent underworld of the Netherlands and campaigned to breathe new life into cold cases, has died at age 64 after being shot in a brazen attack last week, his family said Thursday.

"Peter fought to the end, but was unable to win the battle," the family said in a statement sent to Dutch media.

"Peter has lived by his conviction: 'On bended knee is no way to be free,'" the family statement said. "We are unbelievably proud of him and at the same time inconsolable."

De Vries had been fighting for his life in an Amsterdam hospital since the attack. The statement said he died surrounded by loved ones and requested privacy for De Vries' family and partner "to process his death in peace." Funeral arrangements were not immediately announced.

an angelic monkey

How sad. Just now seeing this.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1866 on: August 18, 2021, 11:16:14 PM »

Still waiting for Justice for Natalee  an angelic monkey

Me too! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1867 on: August 18, 2021, 11:19:32 PM »

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

an angelic monkey

How sad. Just now seeing this.

Yes, it was very shocking and sad.  Just terrible, so senseless and such a loss.  There were so many beautiful tributes for him.   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1868 on: August 20, 2021, 10:38:29 PM »

He was a very distinguished man.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1869 on: October 11, 2021, 08:41:54 PM »

Photos at the link--
https://www.infobae.com/america/peru/2021/10/11/joran-van-der-sloot-asi-es-la-vida-del-holandes-asesino-en-el-penal-de-challapalca-a-5000-metros-de-altura/

Google translation

Joran van der Sloot, this is the life of the Dutch murderer in the Challapalca prison, 5,000 meters above sea level
Condemned for the murder of the young Stephanie Flores, he is smiling before the press and tells that it is the second time that he has returned to the penitentiary for bad behavior.
October 11, 2021

Smiling, calm and without any remorse, this is how Joran Van der Sloot showed himself before the cameras of Cuarto Poder, a journalistic program that showed inside what the Challapalca prison is like, located at 5,000 meters high in the Sierra de Tacna and which houses the most dangerous criminals and murderers in Peru.

"This is the second time that I am here for bad behavior," says the murderer of Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramírez (21), an economics student who was taken advantage of to take her to a hotel room to suffocate and assassinate her in the same way. more cruel.

In the images, this murderer, almost two meters tall, could be seen wearing black checkered pants and a blue jacket. He was standing in the doorway of his cell, where he only has a table and a bed.

This murderer is in an area away from the other inmates of the prison due to his high danger and for having starred in brawls to escape from the previous penitentiary where he was confined.

Joran Van der Sloot lives his day to day with another ranked criminal: Gerson Gálvez Falla alias ‘Caracol’ and leader of the Callao criminal gang ‘Barrio King’.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:55:20 PM by grace-land » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1870 on: October 11, 2021, 09:13:15 PM »

Photo at the link

https://tgcomnews24.com/joran-van-der-sloot-sorride-mentre-mostra-la-sua-cella-sobria-nella-prigione-piu-famosa-del-peru-allestero/

Google translation

Joran van der Sloot smiles as he shows his sober cell in Peru's most famous prison | Abroad
Nicola Albano
October 11, 2021

Since his conviction in 2012, 27-year-old van der Sloot has been held, among other things, in the Piedras Gordas prison in Lima. In 2021 he was transferred to Challapalca prison on charges of money laundering and drug trafficking. Van der Sloot, along with his girlfriend Lady Figueroa, had diverted three and a half tons of criminal money. He is also accused of smuggling a shipment of cocaine into prison. In February he was sentenced to another 18 years in prison.

Armani shoes

So far the appearance of this infamous prison inside has remained a mystery, but the reporter gets a special insight. Among other things, he spoke to van der Sloot, who is in a separate ward, away from 150 other prisoners. Van der Sloot sits there with only one person: a cartel leader wearing Armani shoes.

The reporter asks why van der Sloot is here. “I didn't do well,” he replied with a smile. Then the camera photographed his cell. It is very simple and does not contain many things. Just an iron bed with a thin mattress, a shelf on the wall with a few things, a white desk and a basket. The reporter sees Van der Sloot smile and say: "He can laugh here now, but what about the father of the girl he killed, his victim?"

The 34-year-old Dutchman was convicted in 2010 for the murder of 21-year-old student Stephanie Flores. He was already suspected of being involved in the disappearance of 18-year-old American Natalie Holloway in Aruba in 2005, but he has never been convicted.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1871 on: October 17, 2021, 09:05:48 AM »

Joran looks as evil as ever 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1872 on: October 17, 2021, 04:54:14 PM »

Joran looks as evil as ever 

Agree...hasn't changed.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1873 on: October 21, 2021, 07:57:27 PM »

Justice for Natalee!  an angelic monkey

https://www.wkrg.com/alabama-news/missing-alabama-teen-natalee-holloway-would-have-celebrated-35th-birthday-on-thursday/

ALABAMA NEWS

Missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway would have celebrated 35th birthday on Thursday

by: Jolyn Hannah

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 / 03:06 PM CDT / Updated: Oct 21, 2021 / 03:17 PM CDT

(Natalee Holloway is shown in this undated family photo. (AP Photo/family photo))

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WRBL) – Thursday marks what would have been the 35th birthday of Natalee Holloway. The Alabama teen has been missing for more than 16 years, after vanishing on a trip abroad.

Holloway was born on Oct. 21, 1986. The 18-year-old Holloway disappeared while visiting Aruba in the Caribbean in 2005.

Holloway had graduated from Mountain Brook High School in Birmingham, Ala., and was celebrating the graduation with other classmates at the time of her disappearance.

The case sparked international headlines and multiple law enforcement agencies were involved in the investigation.

Joran van der Sloot, the main suspect in Holloway’s disappearance, is currently serving 28 years in prison in Peru for murdering Stephany Flores in 2010 in a Lima, Peru hotel room. Flores was choked and beaten to death on May 30, 2010, exactly five years after Holloway’s disappearance.

Natalee’s mother, Beth Holloway, continues to advocate for victims and their families. In November 2018, she came to Auburn to offer support and help put out ribbons when another Alabama teenager, Aniah Blanchard, was missing. Tragically, Blanchard would later be found dead, and Ibraheem Yazeed charged in her murder.

Holloway was declared legally dead on Jan. 12, 2012. Her case remains unsolved.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1874 on: February 27, 2022, 08:07:59 PM »

There was a lot of speculation about Peter's "partner", so in case others are interested...

an angelic monkey

https://www.nu.nl/achterklap/6181160/tahmina-akefi-openbaart-zich-als-partner-van-peter-r-de-vries.html

Tahmina Akefi reveals herself as partner of Peter R. de Vries
January 30, 2022 22:43
Last update: January 31, 2022 19:21
475 comments

Journalist and writer Tahmina Akefi revealed herself on Sunday evening in the documentary Confidential! revealed as the partner of crime reporter Peter R. de Vries. The now 39-year-old Akefi and De Vries met in 2015 during a live broadcast of Pauw , where they were both guests.

"It's a feeling that you recognize in each other's gaze," Akefi says in the documentary about the first meeting. "He was only busy with me." In the documentary, she and her friends reflect on her relationship with De Vries.

The partner of the murdered crime journalist has so far always remained anonymous, because she did not want to be known as 'the sweetheart of'. Over the years, Akefi worked as a journalist for media such as NOS, BBC and NRC Handelsblad . She was a regular guest at Pauw 's to talk about refugees and present news broadcasts for Rijnmond.

Akefi describes De Vries as sweet and caring. "But he also had a complicated character. We set high standards for each other." The pair broke up for a while in 2017 because Akefi wanted children. De Vries, who was more than two decades older, did not share that need. Still, the lovers got back together.

Director Simon Vuyk, who made the documentary, said on Sunday morning that Akefi will use her right to speak in the trial against the attackers. She does not want to do that anonymously. The substantive hearing of the case will start in June.

The couple was "working towards coming out together" when De Vries was murdered last summer.

https://hollywoodhuizen.nl/peter-r-de-vries-in-tv-documentaire-de-aanslag-had-voorkomen-kunnen-worden-dit-jaar-zouden-zij-gaan-trouwen_/

Google translation:

This is TAHMINA AKEFI (39), the woman PETER R. DE VRIES would marry this year ("He put my hands to his face and said, 'Would you like to marry me?')

BY EDITORS ON JANUARY 30, 2022

Tahmina participated in the documentary, made by Simon Vuyk, to honor their love can be read this weekend in the AD, who were already allowed to see the docu. She tells about their love: “The love of Peter and me. Six wonderful and intense years are perhaps best described by the many letters he wrote to me.” () “We planned together to step out of anonymity in a dignified, beautiful way. We were supposed to get married this year. Those plans have been taken from us. Now I have arrived in a different reality. This new reality requires new decisions. That especially suits Peter. He liked to decide for himself, in what way and when. And when it came out, it had to stand like a house."

“Another reason to participate in the documentary is that our relationship was far too beautiful, unique and special. If you are in a relationship where there is an age difference, then there are a lot of prejudices. Love, people don't think about that so quickly.”

They got to know each other in a make-up room while recording a talk show. “I was being made up when Peter came in. He looked at me through the mirror and smiled. When I tell it I feel it again. Goosebumps. We've actually recalled that moment many times. And he said: 'If only I could relive that'. He called it a lightning strike."

They agreed four days later. An intense love developed. The two briefly split up in 2017 when she announced her wish to have children in her early thirties. “We have tried to distance ourselves from each other. Letting go of each other. That was not really successful. Peter said, 'I feel amputated without you. Like you're missing a part of yourself. Now I really know what that feels like.”

In the documentary she also talks about his marriage proposal. “I went to see him after work. He did not sit next to me, but opposite me on the floor. Not on one leg. Then he took my hands and looked at me. A very nice soft look in his eyes. He put my hands to his face and said, "Would you like to marry me?" I teased him a bit at first. 'Let me think'. But in the end I said yes."

They would also move in together. They had a viewing on July 6, 2021. That evening, the crime journalist was a guest in a broadcast of RTL Boulevard, while she was already on her way. On the way, Royce, Peter's son, called her. He had just heard that his father had been shot. “At first I thought: that's not possible, that must be a sick joke. I stood by the road and then I called Peter. He didn't answer. Then I knew it wasn't right. I was a few miles from the house we were going to view. A nightmare.''

Peter was changing, she also says. He asked her what she would think if he were secured. Dan: “The attack could have been prevented. I'm convinced of that. The man who chased him a few times, including on June 28, was so striking that it was reported to the police. But nothing happened, nothing at all. That report only surfaced after the attack. Only then did they request and view images of that 28th. And then they discovered that whoever had been chasing him was also present at the attack.”

“I can't believe that a report is received that Peter R. de Vries, the confidential adviser of the key witness, has been pursued, and that nothing is being done about it. Then all the alarm bells should have gone off.”

“Why didn't they see the footage? Why didn't they track the man down? Why didn't they secure the route? Peter was simply slaughtered because the system failed again. The same system that was the reason for him, in the first place, to assist the key witness.”

She still remembers the moment just before her speech at the funeral well, she says. “Just before I was about to speak, I suddenly thought, 'Oh, he's in that box. That grabbed me by the throat. Then I also thought: maybe I won't even be able to speak. Even then it was as if he was saying to me, 'You're going to do this. You're going to stand there in front of me."

“A lot has been said and written about Peter since Black Tuesday. That he was a hero, a brave fighter against injustice, loyal, heart in the right place, and that's all right. But Peter was much more than that. Peter was all love. He was all love.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1875 on: March 08, 2022, 05:45:17 AM »

Not sure if this is something new or not.

Justice for Natalee!  an angelic monkey

https://nation.foxnews.com/a-natalee-holloway-investigation-with-nancy-grace/

A Natalee Holloway Investigation With Nancy Grace
Watch the full documentary now on Fox Nation
18-year-old Natalee Holloway mysteriously vanished without a trace during a 2005 high school graduation trip. Her puzzling story sparked a worldwide media frenzy. Nancy Grace takes us back to the days leading up to Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1876 on: March 25, 2022, 06:09:25 PM »

A Milton girl who attends Buckingham Browne & Nichols School died in a boating accident while on vacation with her family in Aruba.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/local-middle-school-student-dies-194644782.html

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1877 on: April 03, 2022, 05:20:44 PM »

A Milton girl who attends Buckingham Browne & Nichols School died in a boating accident while on vacation with her family in Aruba.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/local-middle-school-student-dies-194644782.html

So sad! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1878 on: April 03, 2022, 05:26:14 PM »

https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/03/24/beth-holloway-reflects-memories-her-18-year-old-daughter-who-went-missing-2005/

Beth Holloway reflects on memories of her 18-year-old daughter who went missing in 2005

By Syeda Abbas
Published: Mar. 24, 2022 at 12:13 PM CDT|Updated: Mar. 24, 2022 at 2:07 PM CDT

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Beth Holloway reminisced on memories she has of her 18-year-old daughter, Natalie, who disappeared on a high school trip to Aruba back in 2005.

It’s a story she’s shared with the world, and on Thursday, she spoke her truth at the 2022 Amber Alert conference at the Independence Civic Center.

She says she wants to empower others so no child ever goes missing.

“Back in the day, when I was in Aruba and I didn’t have 911 to call,” she said.

For Holloway, this is not just a conference.

It’s her way off stopping evil in its tracks.

The evil that took her daughter away from her.

“It’s a journey that will never end,” she added.

https://www.facebook.com/DanDeRoosTV/posts/406878491245405

Dan DeRoos Cleveland 19
March 24 ·
Extremely honored to emcee the Northeast Ohio AMBER Alert conference again this year. Featured guests this year include Gina DeJesus Clevelandmissing, Beth Holloway the mother of Natalee Holloway, and Chris Hansen from Datelines ‘To Catch a Predator.’

« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 05:49:13 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1879 on: May 13, 2022, 05:47:56 AM »

https://nltimes.nl/2022/05/10/new-evidence-natalee-holloway-disappearance-us-presenter-says

TUESDAY, MAY 10, 2022 - 15:00

New evidence in Natalee Holloway disappearance, U.S. presenter says

Nearly 17 years after Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba, the mystery of what happened to her may be solved. United States lawyer and television presenter Greta Van Susteren announced on Twitter that she found "a KEY piece of evidence" regarding the American girl's fate.

Holloway disappeared while vacationing in Aruba on 30 May 2005 at the age of 18. What happened to her is still unclear.

Van Susteren did not say what evidence she found but did call it "breathtaking." She said she is awaiting a lab test result before revealing what she discovered while working with Natalee's mother, Beth.

"I promised the mother in 2005 I would stay with it until she knew what happened and when I promised, I thought it would be three days, not 17 years. But I have kept my promise," Van Susteren tweeted. "I have been working night and day with Natalee Holloway's mother for the last year, and it is breathtaking what we have uncovered."

The Natalee Holloway case mainly became known in the Netherlands due to the possible involvement of the Dutch Joran van der Sloot. He was last seen with her. In an interview with Van Susteren for Fox News in 2008, Van der Sloot said he had sold Holloway to a human trafficker. But he later took that story back. In the past years, the man confessed to killing Holloway multiple times but always denied it again later.

Van der Sloot is currently in prison in Peru for the murder of Stephany Flores ib 30 May 2010 - exactly five years after Holloway's disappearance.

https://twitter.com/greta/status/1523484898597638144

Greta Van Susteren
@greta

I hate to drop so many teases…but I have been working night and day w/ Natalee Holloway’s mother for the last year and it is breathtaking what we have uncovered..

9:07 PM · May 8, 2022·Twitter for iPad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.