April 26, 2024, 07:41:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1631367 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1920 on: May 11, 2023, 04:44:26 AM »

https://twitter.com/AlcatrazEast/status/875409790658375685

Justice for Natalee!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1921 on: May 11, 2023, 05:44:04 AM »

Nancy Grace podcast and short video interview at the link.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2023/05/10/prime-suspect-in-disappearance-of-natalee-holloway-to-be-extradited-to-the-united-states

Prime Suspect In Disappearance of Natalee Holloway To Be Extradited To The United States
by Crime Online Staff
May 10, 2023

Joran van der Sloot, the suspect in the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway, will be extradited to the United States to face criminal charges, Holloway’s mother announced Wednesday.

Beth Holloway, Natalee’s mother, said in a statement, “In May 2005 my 18-year-old daughter Natalee Holloway left Birmingham for Aruba to attend her high school graduation trip and was never seen again. She was abducted and murdered there. Now almost exactly eighteen years later, her perpetrator, Joran van der Slot, has been extradited to Birmingham to answer for his crimes.”

“He has been in prison in Peru for murdering another young girl there named Stephany Flores in 2010,” she continued.

“I was blessed to have had Natalee in my life for 18 years, and as of this month, I have been without her for exactly 18 years. She would be 36 years old now. It has been a very long and painful journey, but the persistence of many is going to pay off. Together, we are finally getting justice for Natalee.”

Joran van der Sloot is serving a 28-year prison sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores. He will now face U.S. charges for alleged crimes of extortion and wire fraud that stem from the Natalee Holloway case.

Natalee Holloway was last seen on May 30, 2005 in Aruba with van der Sloot. She was legally declared dead in 2012.

In 2010, a federal grand jury indicted van der Sloot on charges of wire fraud and extortion for allegedly soliciting money from Natalee Holloway’s mother on promises he would reveal the location of Natalee’s remains in Aruba and the details of her death in exchange for $250,000. According to the indictment, Holloway wired $15,000 directly to van der Sloot and another $10,000 to her attorney John Q. Kelly so he could deliver the money to van der Sloot in person in Aruba. If any remains were confirmed to be Natalee, van der Sloot would be paid the remaining $225,000.

After receiving the $25,000, he allegedly admitted the information he gave John Q. Kelly and Beth Holloway was false and “worthless”. He kept the money.

Link to original indictment: http://media.al.com/bn/other/Van%20Der%20Sloot%20%20Indictment.pdf

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1922 on: May 11, 2023, 06:58:26 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUxZEswBNM

Natalee Holloway suspect Joran van der Sloot to be extradited to US | LiveNOW from FOX

LiveNOW from FOX
2.54M subscribers

14K views  11 hours ago
Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, an American, who vanished while on a class trip in Aruba, will be extradited to the United States from Peru, her family said Wednesday.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YeUxZEswBNM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/YeUxZEswBNM</a>

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1923 on: May 11, 2023, 07:14:41 AM »

Just saw this texasmom.   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1924 on: May 11, 2023, 10:29:43 AM »

Just saw this texasmom.   

Peru and the Flores family were probably about sick and tired of his living it up in the supposedly worst prison on earth! 
No conjugal visits in Alabama!  Monkey Devil!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1925 on: May 11, 2023, 01:52:05 PM »

Greta Van Susteren
@greta
This is for all the mothers who might feel tempted to give up….don’t…persevere like Beth Holloway…https://twitter.com/greta/status/1656602066649862145
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1926 on: May 11, 2023, 02:51:17 PM »

With the mess our country is becoming with the border problems I am afraid some bleeding heart here in the U.S. will get him released and let him stay here or ship him back to the Netherlands. The jerk always seems to come out on top. He might have been better off in Peru where he was. jmo. 

What does this headline mean:  "Peru agrees to temporarily hand over to the US the Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot"?
Temporarily-----hope this is just a language barrier.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1927 on: May 11, 2023, 05:34:29 PM »

With the mess our country is becoming with the border problems I am afraid some bleeding heart here in the U.S. will get him released and let him stay here or ship him back to the Netherlands. The jerk always seems to come out on top. He might have been better off in Peru where he was. jmo. 

What does this headline mean:  "Peru agrees to temporarily hand over to the US the Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot"?

I've had all the same thoughts and more! 

My understanding after all I've read is that he will be prosecuted here in Alabama, but returned to finish his sentence in Peru once this trial is over.  If/when he is convicted here and sentenced, they could negotiate to leave him here.  There's actually a fb group "Free Joran Van der Sloot" with 32 members, seemingly all from the Netherlands just from a glance.  Most of the comments I read on the Dutch pages last night were all for him being sent here because they don't want him eventually sent there to just be set free!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1928 on: May 11, 2023, 05:43:05 PM »

I think the following AP article might answer your question:

https://apnews.com/article/peru-extradition-natalee-holloway-van-der-sloot-cf4ee3ad43233ac98ea63f92e4ba59bd
18 years after Natalee Holloway’s disappearance, Peru to extradite key suspect to US
By REGINA GARCIA CANO and FRANKLIN BRICENO
an hour ago

A 2001 treaty between Peru and the U.S. allows a suspect to be temporarily extradited to face trial in the other country. It requires that the prisoner “be returned” after judicial proceedings are concluded “against that person, in accordance with conditions to be determined by” both countries.

The U.S. Justice Department declined to comment Thursday on the extradition from Peru. A resolution published in the South American country’s federal register states that U.S. diplomats on Jan. 10 presented the temporary extradition request to Peru’s Ministry of Foreign Relations.

The time that van der Sloot ends up spending in the U.S. “will be extended until the conclusion of the criminal proceedings,” including the appeal process should there be one, according to the published resolution. The resolution also says U.S. authorities agreed to return the suspect to the custody of Peru afterward.

The extradition request indicated “that an additional delay in the prosecution of the case that is being pursued in the United States of America could significantly reduce the possibility of conviction, that the ages and health conditions of the key witnesses in the case would make the prosecution would be extremely difficult if it is not carried out soon,” according to a March order from Peru’s top court.

ozziesmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1929 on: May 11, 2023, 07:29:37 PM »

Nancy Grace podcast and short video interview at the link.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2023/05/10/prime-suspect-in-disappearance-of-natalee-holloway-to-be-extradited-to-the-united-states

Prime Suspect In Disappearance of Natalee Holloway To Be Extradited To The United States
by Crime Online Staff
May 10, 2023

Joran van der Sloot, the suspect in the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway, will be extradited to the United States to face criminal charges, Holloway’s mother announced Wednesday.

Beth Holloway, Natalee’s mother, said in a statement, “In May 2005 my 18-year-old daughter Natalee Holloway left Birmingham for Aruba to attend her high school graduation trip and was never seen again. She was abducted and murdered there. Now almost exactly eighteen years later, her perpetrator, Joran van der Slot, has been extradited to Birmingham to answer for his crimes.”

“He has been in prison in Peru for murdering another young girl there named Stephany Flores in 2010,” she continued.

“I was blessed to have had Natalee in my life for 18 years, and as of this month, I have been without her for exactly 18 years. She would be 36 years old now. It has been a very long and painful journey, but the persistence of many is going to pay off. Together, we are finally getting justice for Natalee.”

Joran van der Sloot is serving a 28-year prison sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores. He will now face U.S. charges for alleged crimes of extortion and wire fraud that stem from the Natalee Holloway case.

Natalee Holloway was last seen on May 30, 2005 in Aruba with van der Sloot. She was legally declared dead in 2012.

In 2010, a federal grand jury indicted van der Sloot on charges of wire fraud and extortion for allegedly soliciting money from Natalee Holloway’s mother on promises he would reveal the location of Natalee’s remains in Aruba and the details of her death in exchange for $250,000. According to the indictment, Holloway wired $15,000 directly to van der Sloot and another $10,000 to her attorney John Q. Kelly so he could deliver the money to van der Sloot in person in Aruba. If any remains were confirmed to be Natalee, van der Sloot would be paid the remaining $225,000.

After receiving the $25,000, he allegedly admitted the information he gave John Q. Kelly and Beth Holloway was false and “worthless”. He kept the money.

Link to original indictment: http://media.al.com/bn/other/Van%20Der%20Sloot%20%20Indictment.pdf

God Bless this family!

In Aruba, everyone lies!! Except Jossy!
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1930 on: May 11, 2023, 09:57:37 PM »

http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1931 on: May 12, 2023, 12:16:50 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/HelpTheMissing/photos/a.134644599887359/1015148508503626

Justice for Natalee!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1932 on: May 12, 2023, 05:40:38 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/natalee-holloway-case-joran-van-der-sloot-extradition-us-could-imminent

Natalee Holloway case: Joran van der Sloot's extradition to US could be imminent
Published May 12, 2023 1:28pm EDT

BIRMINGHAM, ALA. – Joran van der Sloot, the primary suspect in the disappearance of Alabama student Natalee Holloway in 2005, could be extradited imminently, Peru's ambassador to the United States said during a television interview on Friday.

Peruvian officials announced late Wednesday that van der Sloot would be temporarily extradited to the United States, where he will face extortion and wire fraud charges. He is currently in a Peru prison after being sentenced to 28 years for the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores in a Lima hotel room.

"We are working [to extradite van der Sloot] as soon as possible," Ambassador of Peru in the United States Gustavo Meza-Cuadra told ABC News on Friday. "We are refining some details of this process."

George Patriot Seymore, a spokesperson for Natalee Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, told Fox News Digital that the extradition will happen within a week.

"A matter of days to a week," Seymore said. "The process is underway."

Peruvian Justice Minister Daniel Maurate said to reporters after the extradition was announced that van der Sloot will serve time in an American prison after he finishes his sentence in Peru if he is convicted in the United States.

"In regard to Mr. (Joran) van der Sloot, we have made a temporary relocation to the United States, because he is condemned here, and he must serve his sentence here. But since the U.S. needs him in order to face trial and the authorities told us that if he didn't get there sooner, the case against him could be dropped because the witnesses are elderly. We are contributing so he can go there to be tried and sentenced, and come back to Peru to serve his sentence here. Once he finishes his sentence in Peru, he’ll go to the U.S. to serve his corresponding sentence there," Maurate said.

"We’ll take all the security measures so this person has no opportunities to escape. We trust American authorities. I think they have efficient ways to ensure this person will not escape in the U.S.," Maurate added.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1933 on: May 13, 2023, 03:49:57 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/natalee-holloway-case-joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-fears-additional-us-charges

Published May 12, 2023 7:21pm EDT
Natalee Holloway case: Joran van der Sloot’s lawyer fears additional US charges
Van der Sloot's Peru-based attorney told Fox News Digital he has written a habeas corpus petition to stall the extradition
By Michael Ruiz, Haley Chi-Sing

EXCLUSIVE: Joran van der Sloot, the 36-year-old killer suspected in the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba, had his U.S. extradition approved this week without a hearing, his lawyer told Fox News Digital, adding that he believes prosecutors are eyeing additional charges.

"I don’t trust the judicial system in the United States at this moment," Maximo Altez, van der Sloot’s defense attorney in the 2012 murder trial for the death of Stephany Flores, said Friday.

He believes the U.S. will try to tack on homicide charges to his extortion and wire fraud case, he said. And he has not yet been able to speak with his client despite the unexpected news of his expected extradition.

"We are not fighting for Joran’s innocence, we are fighting that his rights are respected," Altez said. "We are asking for due process."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/joran-van-der-sloot-case-fmr-us-atty-says-unlikely-new-charges-against-natalee-holloway-suspect
13, 2023 3:33pm EDT
Joran van der Sloot case: Fmr assistant US atty says new charges are 'unlikely' for Natalee Holloway suspect
Peruvian officials announced Wednesday that van der Sloot would be extradited to the United States
Adam SabesBy Adam Sabes
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1934 on: May 14, 2023, 12:00:32 PM »

"We are not fighting for Joran’s innocence, we are fighting that his rights are respected," Altez said. "We are asking for due process."

AND WE ARE FIGHTING FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAYS RIGHTS THAT HE NEVER GAVE HER - TO BE ALIVE ON THIS MOTHER'S DAY, TO BE WITH HER MOTHER! TO BE WITH HER FAMILY.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1935 on: May 14, 2023, 04:24:38 PM »

AND WE ARE FIGHTING FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAYS RIGHTS THAT HE NEVER GAVE HER - TO BE ALIVE ON THIS MOTHER'S DAY, TO BE WITH HER MOTHER! TO BE WITH HER FAMILY.

Agree, Kermit!        
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1936 on: May 14, 2023, 04:37:15 PM »

Guess it wasn't a good idea to have another girlfriend...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/natalee-holloway-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-getting-divorced-prison-drug-smuggling-scandal

Published May 13, 2023 1:32pm EDT
Natalee Holloway suspect Joran van der Sloot getting divorced after prison drug smuggling scandal
By Michael Ruiz , Haley Chi-Sing

MOUNTAIN BROOK, Ala. - EXCLUSIVE - Despite brutally killing a young woman and being the prime suspect in the unsolved disappearance of another, he found love in prison.

But that appears to be over, according to his attorney. Joran van der Sloot, the 36-year-old suspect in the unsolved 2005 disappearance of Alabama high school student Natalee Holloway, is getting divorced.

He married Leidy Figueroa in a prison ceremony while serving a 28-year sentence for the brutal murder of Stephany Flores, a Peruvian business student whom he met at a casino and later beat to death in his hotel room.

Figueroa was seven months pregnant at the time of their wedding.

He told her he wanted to marry her all over again once his sentence was up, The Associated Press reported at the time.

But she is calling it quits with van der Sloot, who went on to face charges of trafficking drugs inside prison with the help of another girlfriend, his lawyer Maximo Altez told Fox News Digital.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1937 on: May 15, 2023, 10:58:12 AM »

Photos at the link...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/natalee-holloway-case-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-mother-enjoys-drum-session-with-mystery-man
Published May 15, 2023 10:25am EDT
Natalee Holloway case: Suspect Joran van der Sloot's mother enjoys drum session with mystery man
Anita van der Sloot, in a Mother's Day sighting, appeared seemingly unfazed by son's newly announced extradition to US
Michael Ruiz

EXCLUSIVE: As Natalee Holloway murder suspect Joran van der Sloot awaits extradition to the U.S. from Peru, his mom spent Mother’s Day with an unidentified man at an Aruba arts center and her island home.

Around 11 a.m. local time, Anita van der Sloot-Hugen, carrying what appeared to be a djembe drum, and the man opened up the Cas di Cultura Theatre and Cultural Center in Oranjestad, Aruba.

The man was carrying a speaker. Five others arrived and joined the duo for about two hours before they locked up the center and left.

Van der Sloot-Hugen and the man returned to her home and closed the gate behind them.

Paul van der Sloot, her former husband and the Dutch killer’s father, was an Aruba judge who died in 2010 — the same year their son murdered Stephany Flores in Lima, Peru.

Van der Sloot-Hugen did not respond to calls or messages from Fox News Digital.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1938 on: May 16, 2023, 02:09:17 PM »

Photos at the link...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/natalee-holloway-case-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-mother-enjoys-drum-session-with-mystery-man
Published May 15, 2023 10:25am EDT
Natalee Holloway case: Suspect Joran van der Sloot's mother enjoys drum session with mystery man
Anita van der Sloot, in a Mother's Day sighting, appeared seemingly unfazed by son's newly announced extradition to US
Michael Ruiz

EXCLUSIVE: As Natalee Holloway murder suspect Joran van der Sloot awaits extradition to the U.S. from Peru, his mom spent Mother’s Day with an unidentified man at an Aruba arts center and her island home.

Around 11 a.m. local time, Anita van der Sloot-Hugen, carrying what appeared to be a djembe drum, and the man opened up the Cas di Cultura Theatre and Cultural Center in Oranjestad, Aruba.

The man was carrying a speaker. Five others arrived and joined the duo for about two hours before they locked up the center and left.

Van der Sloot-Hugen and the man returned to her home and closed the gate behind them.

Paul van der Sloot, her former husband and the Dutch killer’s father, was an Aruba judge who died in 2010 — the same year their son murdered Stephany Flores in Lima, Peru.

Van der Sloot-Hugen did not respond to calls or messages from Fox News Digital.

Bastiaan Zwiers.  She's been with him for a while now.  They've published a book together too! 

https://www.noticiacla.com/news/24972

Anita Hugen y Bastiaan Zwiers a publica ‘Sacred Nature of Aruba’
Posted on 03/28/2022 4:35 pm AST | Updated on 03/28/2022 4:54 pm AST

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1939 on: May 16, 2023, 02:37:02 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.