March 18, 2024, 11:19:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1618365 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »

I'm late to the party!! I still want to know if Dr. Phil can now collect damages (ie their own attorney fees) for this colossal waste of time and money???

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »

I'm late to the party!! I still want to know if Dr. Phil can now collect damages (ie their own attorney fees) for this colossal waste of time and money???

Hi Wreck - I want to know that myself.  If I see or hear anything I'll be sure to post it!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 05:54:31 PM »

Hi Wreck - I want to know that myself.  If I see or hear anything I'll be sure to post it!

I always thought that if Deepak loses the case, then he is liable for Dr Phil's attorney fees. If the case is dismissed,then he wouldn't be liable. We should ask a lawyer to be certain.

Challapalca him!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 07:51:05 PM »

Can't think of a better way to start a new thread!  Almost over now!  The documents aren't available to download yet but it's GREAT NEWS!

It's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now I would like to know who financed this.  They had to have had deep pockets...........

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 01:34:24 PM »

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/03/dr-phil-natalee-holloway-defamation-lawsuit-dismissed/

Victory For Dr. Phil! Defamation Lawsuit From Former Natalee Holloway Murder Suspects Dismissed
Posted on Mar 24, 2015 @ 4:11AM

More than six years and dozens of legal filings later, Dr. Phil McGraw has emerged victorious in a legal tussle against former Natalee Holloway murder suspects Deepak and Satish Kalpoe. The brothers had sued him for defamation back in 2008, but RadarOnline.com has learned that the case was dismissed on March 17.

The Surinamese brothers sued Dr. Phil and CBS Paramount Domestic Studios in 2008, over allegations that producers of the Dr. Phil show hired private investigators and traveled to Aruba. After agreeing to meet the private investigator, the plaintiffs alleged, they were videotaped without their permission. Deepak Kalpoe claims he never had sex with Holloway, despite appearing to admitting to it on the show. Their lawsuit accused Dr. Phil of defamation, invasion of privacy and infliction of emotional distress.

READ THE BOMBSHELL DISMISSAL  http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Mcgraw-signed.pdf

According to court documents obtained exclusively by RadarOnline.com, the lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice​ on March 17.

Under California law, when a lawsuit is dismissed with prejudice, the plaintiffs are forbidden from filing another lawsuit against the defendant on similar grounds.

It’s unclear if there was a settlement in the case.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 02:34:49 PM »

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/03/dr-phil-natalee-holloway-defamation-lawsuit-dismissed/

Victory For Dr. Phil! Defamation Lawsuit From Former Natalee Holloway Murder Suspects Dismissed

More than six years and dozens of legal filings later, Dr. Phil McGraw has emerged victorious in a legal tussle against former Natalee Holloway murder suspects Deepak and Satish Kalpoe. The brothers had sued him for defamation back in 2008, but RadarOnline.com has learned that the case was dismissed on March 17.

The Surinamese brothers sued Dr. Phil and CBS Paramount Domestic Studios in 2008, over allegations that producers of the Dr. Phil show hired private investigators and traveled to Aruba. After agreeing to meet the private investigator, the plaintiffs alleged, they were videotaped without their permission. Deepak Kalpoe claims he never had sex with Holloway, despite appearing to admitting to it on the show. Their lawsuit accused Dr. Phil of defamation, invasion of privacy and infliction of emotional distress.

READ THE BOMBSHELL DISMISSAL  http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Mcgraw-signed.pdf

According to court documents obtained exclusively by RadarOnline.com, the lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice​ on March 17.

Under California law, when a lawsuit is dismissed with prejudice, the plaintiffs are forbidden from filing another lawsuit against the defendant on similar grounds.

Same document I posted the one page of.  Rest of the pages are really nothing.  I don't believe there was a settlement but I'm sure if there was we will eventually hear about it.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 02:45:35 PM »

Only 3-4 years for DWI even if you kill someone?!!!   

http://www.dutchcaribbeanlegalportal.com/news/latest-news/4946-boosheid-op-aruba-over-vrijlating-agent-na-dodelijk-ongeluk

Google translation:

Anger in Aruba on release agent after fatal accident

March 16, 2015 8:53 AM

ORANGE CITY - Aruba is outraged because a police officer was released. Who was arrested Friday after they had caused a fatal accident.

This was added a 12-year-old girl died. The police officer was drunk behind the wheel and was arrested on the spot. But also quickly released.

According to a press release from the police and the prosecution is not about the police themselves. The maximum penalty for drunk driving is three years in Aruba. For that reason, the OM is not a suspect hose into custody.

News agency Curacao

http://masnoticia.com/cuerpo-policial-ta-informa-mucha-victima-di-accidente-ta-fayese/

Papiamentu translation:

cuerpo policial is informa: child victima of accidente is fayese

mar 14th, 2015

was diabierna rond of 7:00pm cu owing to sosode one accidente earnest on the caminda of spaans lagoen in cual one car owing to atropeya one child cu was hungando on caminda. the situation of the victima was critico. police, on peticion of the paramediconan on ambulance, owing to close the caminda principal on ruta for hospital for can owing to help the ambulance arrive more lihe possible. all this while in ambulance was haci all possible for cuminsa brinda first asistencia, in contacto constante cu dokternan at spoedeisende hulp of hospital cu was wait for on the victima. all the time at the sitio the constata cu the chauffeur of the car cu owing to alcansa the hobencita is one police. for can garantisa transparencia y imparcialidad, owing to send calling all autoridad competente, incluyendo alto comisario of police, cu owing to present at the sitio for place his self at height of the susedido. owing to interoga the sospechoso, owing to detene y haci one test cune of breath, cu owing to confirma cu the was below ; influencia of alcohol. the investigacion is continua now, under direccion of ministerio publico. saturday is enter the news tristo cu pa2:17pm, doctor at hospital owing to constata dead of zinnia k. croes, naci at aruba day 29 of october 2002. police owing to activa his equipment of “slachtofferhulp” cu is brindando asistencia at parents y family directo of the victima, while cu at another near is brindando sosten also at the police cu also is pasando in momentonan very dificil. on red social owing to notice much critica on the mature cu the sospechoso owing to stay deteni y let pound. cuerpo policial is aclaria cu the autoridad cu is dicidi on detencion y encarcelacion is ministerio publico. they also is confrontando one cambio haci in leynan penal, in cual owing to descend the castigo for cause accidente below ; influencia of alcohol of 4 for 3 year. the cambio owing to place cu fiscal not can give ordo for detene one sospechoso so y encarcel’e till day the caso come fast corte. esey is possible only in delitonan cu have one castigo of 4 year or more. dicon owing to cambi’e, do not conoci. command polisial owing to atende the asunto here end cu the instancianan concerni. cuerpo policial aruba is expresa words of condolencia at family of the victima, cu without doubt is pasando in much tristeza y dolor at the instant here. come across

http://masnoticia.com/hobencita-alcansa-pa-auto-ta-bira-e-di-dos-morto-den-trafico/

Papiamentu translation:

hobencita alcansa for car is become the of two dead in trafico

mar 14th, 2015 local

saturday for 2:17 nightfall autoridad is confirma cu the hobencita cu owing to stay alcansa for one car on caminda of spaans lagoenweg at pos diminutive diabierna night owing to fayece at hospital. the lady chauffeur cu owing to alcansa the hobencita of 12 year is one police at civil cu was biniendo downstairs in his hyundai tucson enough duro y the impacto was uno enough strong self. polisnan at the sitio owing to place the lady chauffeur blow at the sitio y at keep of police did take notice cu the la surpasa the boundary, where here is follow one investigacion. autoridadnan owing to stay till at ultimo at the sitio of accidente for haci they investigacion con the accidente here owing to sucede. zinnia k croes naci 29 october 2002 is become the of two dead in trafico insigur at aruba.

http://www.awe24.com/20150314/21193/Mucha_cu_e_auto_a_dal_diabierna_anochi_a_fayece_y_ta_bira_e_di_2_victima_di

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 02:48:27 PM »

Same document I posted the one page of.  Rest of the pages are really nothing.  I don't believe there was a settlement but I'm sure if there was we will eventually hear about it.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 10:09:59 PM »

http://issuu.com/bondia.noticia/docs/bda23march2015

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 06:10:30 PM »

Watching every day to see when the trial is cancelled.  I'm sure it will be.  

Case Summary

Case Number:  BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE, ET AL. VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW, ET AL.
Filing Date:  12/13/2006
Case Type:  Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

04/06/2015 at 08:30 am in department 89 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference

04/20/2015 at 09:00 am in department 89 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:28:57 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 08:28:35 PM »

Watching every day to see when the trial is cancelled.  I'm sure it will be. 

Case Summary

Case Number:  BC363201
Filing Date:  12/13/2006
Case Type:  Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

04/06/2015 at 08:30 am in department 89 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference

04/20/2015 at 09:00 am in department 89 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial

Should be interesting to see what comes out of Monday's meeting.  I'm sure next week we'll see more documents filed and maybe even an official end to the case 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2015, 12:24:38 PM »

Watching every day to see when the trial is cancelled.  I'm sure it will be. 

Case Summary

Case Number:  BC363201
Filing Date:  12/13/2006
Case Type:  Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

Final Status Conference

Jury Trial

Should be interesting to see what comes out of Monday's meeting.  I'm sure next week we'll see more documents filed and maybe even an official end to the case 

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2015, 04:39:52 PM »

38 Year Old John Grady Missing Since 4/3/15 in Aruba

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15626.0

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 06:16:01 PM »

Don't go to Aruba!

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104836

Alexa    
Post subject: Accident in Arikok Park..with a Jeep
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:36 pm

I don't know if any one posted this
R.I.P. ANJANETTE CABIGON (46)

Fatal accident near Shete

Saturday, March 28th, 2015 a safari-Jeep with several tourists capsized on the dirt road near Shete on the way to the Natural Pool at Conchi. The vacation of three American/Filipino nurses came to an abrupt end because one of them came from underneath the jeep; Anjanette Cabigon broke her neck and died instantly.

The jeep was capsized on a moderately sloping portion of the road about 600 meters from Shete. The road here is basically OK. Therefore the emergency services could reach the spot well.

The forensic team conducted an investigation.

Police believes that there has been a failed switch maneuver on the slope upwards, resulting in the jeep going slowly backwards after which the driver lost control of the wheel and then the Jeep capsized.

There was no alcohol involved and as far as we know, the tourists used a seat belt.

Although the road at the scene of the accident is not dangerous, Arikok will further analyse the two routes to Conchi in the coming weeks and together with our partners we will study if there are possible measures to improve safety and access for emergency services.

Parke Arikok will also do additional surveillance in the coming holidays around Easter, explicitly trying to ensure that 4×4 vehicles are not driving too fast (up to 20km/h) in the park and that all visitors observe the safety rules.

Parke Arikok has canceled the Movie Night last Saturday to honor the deceased. Board, management and employees of Arikok are shocked about the fatal accident and wish family and friends of Anjanette Cabigon much strength.

May she rest in Peace. Amen.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2015, 11:08:16 PM »

I guess there are no case documents yet?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 08:40:10 AM »

Not yet.  I've been checking twice a day and just checked again now. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 01:22:03 PM »

Not yet.  I've been checking twice a day and just checked again now. 

Thanks for checking, Klaas.  Inquiring minds want to know... 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2015, 06:24:44 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/26/dr-phil-natalee-holloway-defamation-lawsuit_n_4474158.html

Dr. Phil Won't Pay In Defamation Case Over Natalee Holloway
Posted: 12/26/2013 8:03 am EST Updated: 01/23/2014 8:17 am EST

Judge Fred Woods, writing for a three-judge panel of the Second Appellate District on Dec. 17, cited a California statute in their ruling. The code, the judge wrote, requires parties seeking damages for defamation from news sources to first "demand a correction" or "[be] limited only to recovering special damages."

The statute was important to the ruling because the plaintiffs did not dispute claims by Dr. Phil's attorneys that they never demanded a correction from Dr. Phil or the producers of his show.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge William MacLaughlin had cited the same code in his December 2012 ruling that the plaintiffs could not seek punitive or general damages. However, the defense then asked the court to reconsider the ruling. They maintained the retraction rule only applied to media outlets engaged in the "immediate and rapid dissemination of news."

In Tuesday’s written ruling, Woods said the three-judge panel could not conclude that the statute only applies to outlets that engage in covering breaking news.

"The petition is denied [and] each party is to bear its own costs," Woods wrote in his ruling.

http://www.metnews.com/articles/2015/wood032515.htm

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Page 1

Justice Fred Woods to Retire From C.A. at End of Month

By a MetNews Staff Writer

Court of Appeal Justice Fred Woods of this district’s Div. Seven will retire at the end of the month, the MetNews has learned.

FRED WOODS
Court of Appeal Justice

Woods was not available yesterday for comment, but a staff member confirmed that the jurist plans to end his 30-year-plus judicial career on March 31, his 80th birthday.

He has served on the Court of Appeal since 1988, when he was elevated from the Los Angeles Superior Court, to which he was appointed in 1984.

Woods earned his law degree in 1963 and was admitted to the State Bar the following year. He spent 20 years in law practice in Long Beach, becoming senior litigator at the firm that eventually became Riedman, Dalessi, Woods and Dybens. He chaired the Trial Section of the Long Beach Bar Association and served on the association’s board in 1976, and taught in the association’s Trial Clinic.

He was appointed to the Los Angeles Superior Court in 1984 by then-Gov. George Deukmejian, who had practiced with the same firm before becoming state attorney general in 1979. He presided over criminal and civil trials and in the law and motion department, and also served in the Appellate Department, before being elevated to the Court of Appeal in 1988.

His opinions have included Fisher v. San Pedro Peninsula Hospital (1989) 214 Cal.App.3d 590, a leading case on hostile-environment sexual harassment; Roberts v. Los Angeles County Bar Assn. (2003) 105 Cal. App. 4th 604, rejecting a challenge to the County Bar’s judicial evaluations process; Jevne v. Superior Court (2005) 35 Cal.4th 935, holding that the State Bar’s contractual arbitration rules were preempted to the extent they conflicted with rules of the National Association of Securities Dealers governing disputes between brokers and investors; and Kalpoe v. Superior Court (2013) 222 Cal. App. 4th 206, holding that a state law barring recovery of non-economic damages in a defamation suit against a newspaper or broadcaster if the plaintiff fails to make a timely retraction demand is not limited to defendants engaged in the immediate dissemination of news.

http://thewordonpolitics.com/personal-reflections/

Personal Reflections on the End of a Family Journey and the Beginning of a New One
WRITTEN BY: ANDY WOODS MARCH 28, 2015

At the end of this month my Father, Fred Woods, will turn 80. Consequently, he has opted to retire from his position as a California Court of Appeals Justice at the end of the month on his 80th birthday. Being a California jurist is a position that he has held for the last 27 years.1 He was originally appointed to the CA trial court. Then about four years later he was elevated to the California Court of Appeal. He has enjoyed a prolific career on the bench. During his 22 years on the California Court of Appeal he has authored roughly 3100 judicial opinions. Many of his opinions remain influential in the California legal system up until the present day.

I think this whole experience, as well as growing up in his household, has taught me at least three great truths. First, character still counts. At the end of an era character is what most people will remember about you. They may not remember your intellect or the specific views you held on different issues. Rather, what they recall is you and who you are as a human being. Sometimes in the heat of battle it’s easy to want to win an argument. However, in this very process sometimes we end up losing the war because of the way we mistreated and alienated people along the way. It seems that today’s landscape is filled with people who are often more bent on pursuing victory than they are in pursuing justice or discovering truth. However, my father was never that way. While he took solid positions on a host of issues, at the end of the day people still actually liked and respected him.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2015, 08:44:49 PM »

Thanks texasmom. I like that Judge.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2015, 09:17:48 PM »

Thanks texasmom. I like that Judge.

I second that!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.