April 27, 2024, 02:24:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1631562 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2020 on: October 19, 2023, 04:01:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FOX5NY/posts/pfbid032tEGKMNQDkPobc4SJ1qktPWrq3bsQd5yDs8qEMYj8vrUYeq2qq2ozgsZWZVYLVLFl

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2021 on: October 19, 2023, 05:09:46 PM »

https://www.al.com/news/2023/10/aruba-requests-joran-van-der-sloots-us-investigation-records-in-possible-natalee-holloway-prosecution.html

Aruba requests Joran van der Sloot’s US investigation records in possible Natalee Holloway prosecution
Published: Oct. 19, 2023, 2:29 p.m.
By Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com

Prosecutors in Aruba on Thursday asked the U.S. Department of Justice to send them records from its investigation of Joran van der Sloot, a spokeswoman told AL.com.

The request came after van der Sloot’s confession to having killed Natalee Holloway in 2005 and disposing of her body was made public in federal court in Birmingham on Wednesday.

Spokeswoman Ann Angela said prosecutors in Aruba wish to review DOJ records “before deciding on the procedural steps to be taken.”

It has been widely reported that because the statute of limitations for homicide in Aruba is 12 years it was unlikely van der Sloot would be prosecuted for the killing of the then 18-year-old Mountain Brook High School graduate.

AL.com asked prosecutors in Aruba on Wednesday if there was any plan to charge van der Sloot in light of the detailed confession.

“Your question as to whether the suspicion against Joran van der Sloot is statute-barred, cannot be answered with a straightforward yes or no,” Angela replied today.

RoxiBalboa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2022 on: October 20, 2023, 02:30:42 PM »

It’s a blessing for the Holloway family and if Beth is satisfied, I will be too. But from the years of lie after lie and reading all the “uh” in his confession, I still doubt he told the whole truth. At least he has finally admitted he did it. He ruined so many lives. I think he confessed because his drug supply is better in Peru. I hope Aruba prosecutes him also but it is Aruba so haha

I’ll forever remember Natalee and forever not allow my (adult) children to travel to Aruba

Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2023 on: October 20, 2023, 04:51:25 PM »

https://themessenger.com/news/joran-van-der-sloot-natalee-holloway-murder-confessionmom-anita-devastated

Joran van der Sloot’s Chilling Confession to Natalee Holloway Murder Has His Mom Wondering ‘Where She Went Wrong’ (Exclusive)

'She's devastated' and 'had never heard that story before,' a family source tells The Messenger
Published 10/20/23 01:53 PM ET|Updated 4 hr ago
Steve Helling

Joran van der Sloot has been a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of American teen Natalee Holloway for nearly two decades.

This week the world learned that he confessed to brutally killing Holloway on a beach in Aruba — and so did his mother, Anita van der Sloot-Hugan.

"She's devastated by the confession," a family source close to the killer's mom tells The Messenger. "She had never heard that story before.

On Oct. 3, van der Sloot shared in gruesome detail how he bludgeoned Holloway to death with a cinderblock and then dragged her body out to sea during an interview that was recorded, transcribed and released after a court appearance in Alabama this week.

"I smash her head in with it completely," he said. "Her face basically collapses in. Even though it's dark, I can see her face is collapsed in."

"It's very cold blooded," says the source close to van der Sloot's mother. "And he was only 17. She'll always wonder where she went wrong with him."

From 2010...

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna37802494
Van der Sloot's mom: 'Joran is sick in his head'
The mother of Joran van der Sloot, suspect in a killing in Peru and an American teen's disappearance in Aruba, tells a Dutch newspaper that her son needs mental help.
June 19, 2010, 7:07 PM CDT

The mother of Joran van der Sloot, the Dutchman accused of murdering a 21-year-old Lima student and long suspected in the disappearance of an American teenager in Aruba, says her son needs mental help but is not the monster people make him out to be.

"Joran is sick in his head, but he wanted no help," Anita van der Slot said, breaking her silence on the case in an interview published Saturday in the Dutch daily newspaper De Telegraaf (The Telegraph).

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2024 on: October 21, 2023, 01:48:05 PM »

Natalee would have been 37 today.  Praying for peace and comfort for her family.

https://www.facebook.com/thestaggeringtruth/photos/a.908304892522190/4678686858817289/

Happy Birthday in Heaven, Natalee!

an angelic monkey

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2025 on: October 21, 2023, 04:44:16 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FOX5NY/posts/pfbid032tEGKMNQDkPobc4SJ1qktPWrq3bsQd5yDs8qEMYj8vrUYeq2qq2ozgsZWZVYLVLFl

We will never forget you!

https://www.al.com/news/2023/10/natalee-holloways-37th-birthday-would-have-been-today-confession-brings-answers-but-not-closure.html
Natalee Holloway’s 37th birthday would be today: Van der Sloot confession brings answers, not closure
Updated: Oct. 21, 2023, 8:21 a.m.| Published: Oct. 21, 2023, 7:00 a.m.

“Natalee will be 18 forever in my heart,” her mother, Beth Holloway, wrote in a federal court victim impact statement.

In the Mountain Brook yearbook, Holloway’s senior quote came from the old Lynyrd Skynyrd song “Freebird.” It says: “If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me? For I must be traveling on now, there’s too many places I haven’t seen.”

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2026 on: October 21, 2023, 07:41:18 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LwcvjNJTuM

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2027 on: October 21, 2023, 07:48:20 PM »

Kermit, this brings tears to my eyes. May she rest in peace.   an angelic monkey

Happy heavenly Birthday Natalee.  an angelic monkey

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2028 on: October 21, 2023, 08:31:31 PM »

Joran van der Sloot to reveal details of Natalee Holloway’s death: lawyer
By Michael Ruiz , Fox News
Published Oct. 18, 2023, 12:28 a.m. ET

Joran confessed to killing her on the beach and putting her in the water, confirmed by polygraph. She won't give details of the "brutal confession" but that will be released when the proffer is made public.

She says she is satisfied that the case is solved.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/joran-van-der-sloot-to-reveal-details-of-natalee-holloways-death-lawyer/

Can you believe we are all still alive after ALL THESE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! CASE SOLVED!

My sentiments exactly, Kermit!    So thankful WE MADE IT! 

I was thinking about  you today. I want you to know that all of your hard work on not only this case but also other cases is very appreciated. You have shown to others your courage and determination and smarts when it comes to bringing justice for families that need you and you gave so much of your time and help it is incredible and so appreciated. I know you had your share of vile self serving idiots attacking you and misusing information, I feel badly that I couldn't do anything to stop them and protect you. Klassand also had her share of the attacks and again, it was my fault because I couldn't protect her either. I'm sorry Klassand. In my case, I was the one who sat on the site meter that Natalee's Freebirds had set up on their blog. I sat there night after night watching people come and go reading our blog and one night Joran showed up. I did not skip a beat. I hit print screen and I was not even shaking, I made a copy which I knew how to do. I immediately sent an email to Beth Holloway. I told her that Joran came into our site and I would be willing to send her the screenshot. You see at that time, everyone was reporting that Joran was in Peru and another country gambling, HOWEVER, I saw his IP and he was in Aruba! So I immediately sent the screenshot to Beth Holloway. She contacted her attorney John Q. Kelly and that was history and why John flew to Aruba to meet Joran and brought the money that Joran wanted to extort from Beth. YEE HAW! Thanks to John, who was not missing a beat to confront Joran van der Sloot. Then the paperwork was filed to have him brought to the U.S. and charged. I don't know who was preaching to Joran to make him a "Christian"? But for whatever reasons, he confessed. As you or most of you know Kyle Kingman showed up at Natalee's Freebirds website and started posting photos of the cage that to me and others in our group, looked like Natalee's body had been placed inside, including Joran's shoe and a police hat and it looks like Natalee's blouse. As much as we *freebirds* wanted to keep it all secret, I was the lone wolf because Kyle kingman was not being honest and I knew it. He was at another site and Klassand and I lets call it inifiltrated under the name of "kiwi". Klassand is really much more knowledgeable about computer stuff and I am not, so she got in and copied what she wanted too, or was important. AT that time, the people running that site attacked me. And at one point, I had the police involved in my home taking police evidence. Because I always wanted to be a cop, but they told me no you raise your kids. This group of people, you all know them was threatening me and my own children. But, I had very nice friends from SM and they went to bat and started doing their own research as those people set up some website to expose all of my personal information and Klassand's personal information. Just plain and simply evil  individuals. I moved. I left town as one would say. Now all my information was with the police and investigators. Two of them were arrested and jailed, one of them apparently was out on parole so that was not allowed for him to get doing anything on websites. They also attacked others in our group and I'm not someone who will not defend or go to bat for people who do nothing but good and did not deserve their exposing their information.
I take my hat off to them, I at least have police in my family, and they don't. But I believe that I am not their judge in this life, they will meet him one day. None of them have apologized to me, I don't know if they have to anyone else. Beth has been a mother who never gave up and I know when she went to Peru no one had heard form her and I was beginning to get scared for  her, so I contacted her, to see if she was ok. She contacted me quickly to let me know she was all right. I'm sure in her heart she will always carry everything that happened to her daughter, but honestly because of what happened, I believe a lot of young kids are safer, they know what Aruba is like. Everyone on this site and all the other sites some of you were on, including sites that some of us were prevented from being on, helped in some way, to lead us to this point with a killer/murderer behind bars for a very long time. I kept silent, to be able to catch Natalee's murderer. There was no way I knew that Joran WOULD show up on that site meter reading the articles that me and our small group had posted, but he did. And that nailed him.
I thank all of you who were in one way or another part of this ending to Natalee's story. Cuz of you, I was able to piece information together, because of Klassand I was able to get into that secret site and let her in. AND have the courage to not give up when people were attacking us relentlessly. Thank you Klassand. And I have to say because of all of the members who have been involved in one way or another have played a big role/part in being able to get justice - finally.
Someone else and I apologize, I can't remember her name, she belonged on Freebirds site as well and she gave me information one night that led to me finding a young man who was missing. He had gone missing from his university dorm rooms and I used that information to track him and found him and gave the information to his mother, who was working with police to find her son. The police did find him and he was taken home safe and alive. So RED thank you for your inspiration to have created a site that enabled caring people to come together and find solutions and help to many people find their love ones, that they would not have been able to do without this site. I pray that everyone will realize you all helped in one way or another.  I know I was the target of many people's discord or lies, but I stayed silent in order to catch killers. Thank you to those who know who they are that helped stand up for me, when I couldn't. I hope you know from the bottom of my heart - I love you and I respect you.  Beth Holloway showed us all how to be in this world, never give up and to follow your heart and your intentions will be known to G_d.  G_d bless all of you. I hope I can one day meet everyone here. You are truly an inspiration of how to be in this world. I also apologize to anyone I have offended, I was doing what I thought was best to protect the case. Only Beth Holloway knew what I knew. I never told anyone all these years that I screenshot Joran's IP and emailed Beth to tell her, he is in Aruba. IF Aruba wants to keep on lying, so be it. Judgement day will be in their lap.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2029 on: October 21, 2023, 08:53:44 PM »

https://themessenger.com/news/joran-van-der-sloot-natalee-holloway-murder-confession-aruba-police-embarrassed

Aruban Police Are Embarrassed by Joran van der Sloot Murder Confession: ‘We Were Outsmarted by a Teenager’ (Exclusive)
'It doesn’t make us look very good,' a law enforcement source on the island tells The Messenger. 'It's embarrassing'
Published 10/21/23 07:30 AM ET|Updated 13 hr ago
Steve Helling and Aaron Parsley

Hearing Joran van der Sloot’s gruesome murder confession has left his victim Natalee Holloway’s family in pain, but with a sense of closure after the American teen disappeared on a senior class trip to Aruba in 2005.

On the Caribbean island, however, officials are coming to terms with the fact that their still-open, 18-year investigation failed to uncover the truth.

“It doesn’t make us look very good,” says a police source in Aruba, “because it means that we were outsmarted by a teenager who killed on impulse. It’s embarrassing.”

Van der Sloot confessed under a plea agreement in a fraud and extortion case connected to the teenager’s disappearance. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 20 years during a hearing on Wednesday.

And although his confession has ended an 18-year mystery about what happened to the missing teenager, he won’t likely be charged with murder in the Holloway case due to a 12-year statute of limitations on homicide in Aruba.

Still, a spokesperson for prosecutors there said they’ve requested the records from the U.S. Justice Department’s investigation into van der Sloot’s extortion plot.

“There’s nothing we can do about it now,” the Aruban police source admits. “We will look at the transcript, but it has been too long.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2030 on: October 21, 2023, 09:07:01 PM »

Video at the link...

https://themessenger.com/news/natalee-holloways-mom-shares-details-about-freakish-meeting-with-joran-van-der-sloots-parents
Natalee Holloway’s Mom Shares Details About ‘Freakish’ Meeting with Joran van der Sloot’s Parents
Beth Holloway met with the murderer’s parents in the early days of Natalee’s disappearance
Published 10/21/23 01:44 PM ET|Updated 7 hr ago
Fatma Khaled

The mother of an Alabama teenager killed nearly twenty years ago shared details of a 2005 meeting she held with the parents of the man who recently confessed to killing her.

Both women recalled how van der Sloot’s mother Anita sobbed “uncontrollably” and spoke with them about explicit details about her son’s alleged sexual encounters with Natalee, which he told her.

Van Susteren said that Anita was “sobbing, and telling the most graphic things about things that she said Joran did sexually to Natalee, things, that I mean, horribly graphic.”

At one point, Beth Holloway and Van Susteren noticed the father sweating heavily during that meeting. Van Susteren said looking back that he was sweating excessively because he knew his son was guilty.

Holloway agreed with Van Susteren and said “well, he raised a killer” and added that his mother “enabled him in every way.”

Anita also told them at the time that her son was undergoing anger management classes that were going “so well.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2031 on: October 21, 2023, 10:38:39 PM »

Joran van der Sloot to reveal details of Natalee Holloway’s death: lawyer
By Michael Ruiz , Fox News
Published Oct. 18, 2023, 12:28 a.m. ET

Joran confessed to killing her on the beach and putting her in the water, confirmed by polygraph. She won't give details of the "brutal confession" but that will be released when the proffer is made public.

She says she is satisfied that the case is solved.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/joran-van-der-sloot-to-reveal-details-of-natalee-holloways-death-lawyer/

Can you believe we are all still alive after ALL THESE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! CASE SOLVED!

My sentiments exactly, Kermit!    So thankful WE MADE IT! 

I was thinking about  you today. I want you to know that all of your hard work on not only this case but also other cases is very appreciated. You have shown to others your courage and determination and smarts when it comes to bringing justice for families that need you and you gave so much of your time and help it is incredible and so appreciated. I know you had your share of vile self serving idiots attacking you and misusing information, I feel badly that I couldn't do anything to stop them and protect you. Klassand also had her share of the attacks and again, it was my fault because I couldn't protect her either. I'm sorry Klassand. In my case, I was the one who sat on the site meter that Natalee's Freebirds had set up on their blog. I sat there night after night watching people come and go reading our blog and one night Joran showed up. I did not skip a beat. I hit print screen and I was not even shaking, I made a copy which I knew how to do. I immediately sent an email to Beth Holloway. I told her that Joran came into our site and I would be willing to send her the screenshot. You see at that time, everyone was reporting that Joran was in Peru and another country gambling, HOWEVER, I saw his IP and he was in Aruba! So I immediately sent the screenshot to Beth Holloway. She contacted her attorney John Q. Kelly and that was history and why John flew to Aruba to meet Joran and brought the money that Joran wanted to extort from Beth. YEE HAW! Thanks to John, who was not missing a beat to confront Joran van der Sloot. Then the paperwork was filed to have him brought to the U.S. and charged. I don't know who was preaching to Joran to make him a "Christian"? But for whatever reasons, he confessed. As you or most of you know Kyle Kingman showed up at Natalee's Freebirds website and started posting photos of the cage that to me and others in our group, looked like Natalee's body had been placed inside, including Joran's shoe and a police hat and it looks like Natalee's blouse. As much as we *freebirds* wanted to keep it all secret, I was the lone wolf because Kyle kingman was not being honest and I knew it. He was at another site and Klassand and I lets call it inifiltrated under the name of "kiwi". Klassand is really much more knowledgeable about computer stuff and I am not, so she got in and copied what she wanted too, or was important. AT that time, the people running that site attacked me. And at one point, I had the police involved in my home taking police evidence. Because I always wanted to be a cop, but they told me no you raise your kids. This group of people, you all know them was threatening me and my own children. But, I had very nice friends from SM and they went to bat and started doing their own research as those people set up some website to expose all of my personal information and Klassand's personal information. Just plain and simply evil  individuals. I moved. I left town as one would say. Now all my information was with the police and investigators. Two of them were arrested and jailed, one of them apparently was out on parole so that was not allowed for him to get doing anything on websites. They also attacked others in our group and I'm not someone who will not defend or go to bat for people who do nothing but good and did not deserve their exposing their information.
I take my hat off to them, I at least have police in my family, and they don't. But I believe that I am not their judge in this life, they will meet him one day. None of them have apologized to me, I don't know if they have to anyone else. Beth has been a mother who never gave up and I know when she went to Peru no one had heard form her and I was beginning to get scared for  her, so I contacted her, to see if she was ok. She contacted me quickly to let me know she was all right. I'm sure in her heart she will always carry everything that happened to her daughter, but honestly because of what happened, I believe a lot of young kids are safer, they know what Aruba is like. Everyone on this site and all the other sites some of you were on, including sites that some of us were prevented from being on, helped in some way, to lead us to this point with a killer/murderer behind bars for a very long time. I kept silent, to be able to catch Natalee's murderer. There was no way I knew that Joran WOULD show up on that site meter reading the articles that me and our small group had posted, but he did. And that nailed him.
I thank all of you who were in one way or another part of this ending to Natalee's story. Cuz of you, I was able to piece information together, because of Klassand I was able to get into that secret site and let her in. AND have the courage to not give up when people were attacking us relentlessly. Thank you Klassand. And I have to say because of all of the members who have been involved in one way or another have played a big role/part in being able to get justice - finally.
Someone else and I apologize, I can't remember her name, she belonged on Freebirds site as well and she gave me information one night that led to me finding a young man who was missing. He had gone missing from his university dorm rooms and I used that information to track him and found him and gave the information to his mother, who was working with police to find her son. The police did find him and he was taken home safe and alive. So RED thank you for your inspiration to have created a site that enabled caring people to come together and find solutions and help to many people find their love ones, that they would not have been able to do without this site. I pray that everyone will realize you all helped in one way or another.  I know I was the target of many people's discord or lies, but I stayed silent in order to catch killers. Thank you to those who know who they are that helped stand up for me, when I couldn't. I hope you know from the bottom of my heart - I love you and I respect you.  Beth Holloway showed us all how to be in this world, never give up and to follow your heart and your intentions will be known to G_d.  G_d bless all of you. I hope I can one day meet everyone here. You are truly an inspiration of how to be in this world. I also apologize to anyone I have offended, I was doing what I thought was best to protect the case. Only Beth Holloway knew what I knew. I never told anyone all these years that I screenshot Joran's IP and emailed Beth to tell her, he is in Aruba. IF Aruba wants to keep on lying, so be it. Judgement day will be in their lap.

Thank you, Kermit!  So sweet of you to say, and it means a lot to me.  THANK YOU, for all you've done here for Natalee and for others too. 

I'm extremely appreciative of the opportunity to participate here, starting out as just another mom of a 2005 graduate trying to help Beth Holloway find her daughter!  I've learned so much from all of the magnificent monkey friends here, and have been able to help others along the way as well with that knowledge.  Lots of hard lessons learned too, but absolutely no regrets.  Today, I was trying to describe to a family member Beth's first news conference in Aruba when she started out with the statement of how many days it had been since she'd seen her daughter and the tears just started flowing again just like the first time I heard it.  I couldn't get through what I wanted to say from just boohooing!  Natalee stole our hearts, and Beth's determination to get answers kept the fire lit under us to HELP HER in any way we could!  Beth described herself as the parent no one wants to be, but she is surely the mother I'd want to be if ever in her situation.  I don't know how she did it for so many years, but she did.  She will always be Natalee's hero in my eyes. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2032 on: October 21, 2023, 10:50:47 PM »

https://themessenger.com/news/joran-van-der-sloot-natalee-holloway-murder-confession-aruba-police-embarrassed

Aruban Police Are Embarrassed by Joran van der Sloot Murder Confession: ‘We Were Outsmarted by a Teenager’ (Exclusive)
'It doesn’t make us look very good,' a law enforcement source on the island tells The Messenger. 'It's embarrassing'
Published 10/21/23 07:30 AM ET|Updated 13 hr ago
Steve Helling and Aaron Parsley

Hearing Joran van der Sloot’s gruesome murder confession has left his victim Natalee Holloway’s family in pain, but with a sense of closure after the American teen disappeared on a senior class trip to Aruba in 2005.

On the Caribbean island, however, officials are coming to terms with the fact that their still-open, 18-year investigation failed to uncover the truth.

“It doesn’t make us look very good,” says a police source in Aruba, “because it means that we were outsmarted by a teenager who killed on impulse. It’s embarrassing.”

Van der Sloot confessed under a plea agreement in a fraud and extortion case connected to the teenager’s disappearance. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 20 years during a hearing on Wednesday.

And although his confession has ended an 18-year mystery about what happened to the missing teenager, he won’t likely be charged with murder in the Holloway case due to a 12-year statute of limitations on homicide in Aruba.

Still, a spokesperson for prosecutors there said they’ve requested the records from the U.S. Justice Department’s investigation into van der Sloot’s extortion plot.

“There’s nothing we can do about it now,” the Aruban police source admits. “We will look at the transcript, but it has been too long.”

They make me sick.  They knew exactly what he'd done, and they did absolutely NOTHING to help Natalee's family resolve this case and bring her home.  He didn't outsmart anyone, he was enabled by the powers that be in Aruba, and he killed again.  They never intended to prosecute him for anything and I don't believe they ever will.  They're just glad he's not there anymore. jmo

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2033 on: October 22, 2023, 10:26:25 PM »

[img]https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-PDx0usCnER50HXfeiK5O4a5c5Ufu6p2woDoDzJmEPa1cp_eoqqlOvH20q10BZOmTBmBxuc2UTjmHlmQVvjcwMQ/messages/@.id==AAkKHHs1RIV7ZTFTkw0fYG5rZ7w/content/parts/@.id==6/thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2034 on: October 22, 2023, 10:28:24 PM »

[img]https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-PDx0usCnER50HXfeiK5O4a5c5Ufu6p2woDoDzJmEPa1cp_eoqqlOvH20q10BZOmTBmBxuc2UTjmHlmQVvjcwMQ/messages/@.id==AAkKHHs1RIV7ZTFTkw0fYG5rZ7w/content/parts/@.id==6/thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin

100% agree with you. They sent out their people to protect a killer and all of them who did that should be held accountable, as you said, another young girl was murdered by that killer.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2035 on: October 24, 2023, 10:37:55 AM »

https://people.com/natalee-holloway-mom-beth-shares-18-year-fight-justice-8374347

Natalee Holloway's Mom Beth Shares Her 18-Year Fight for Justice: 'My Never-Ending Nightmare is Over' (Exclusive)

Alabama teen Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba in May 2005. Joran van der Sloot just admitted to killing her but may not be charged with murder

By Emily Palmer  Published on October 24, 2023 10:00AM EDT

The first time Beth Holloway was face-to-face with her daughter’s killer was just a day after the teen went missing on a high school graduation trip to Aruba.

Beth was in a car looking for Natalee Holloway when the 17-year-old boy — who was among the last people seen with her as they left an island bar in the early morning hours of May 30, 2005 — approached the mother’s parked vehicle.

“I want my daughter back,” Beth told him, recalling how Joran van der Sloot smirked and beat his chest in reply. “What do you want me to do?” he asked.

“He had this power over me,” Beth tells PEOPLE in its latest issue, on newsstands Friday. “Because he had all the answers, and I had none.”

But earlier this month — 18 years after Natalee went missing — that all changed, Beth says, when she walked inside the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office and Jail in Alabama, notepad in hand, and faced van der Sloot, now 36, once again.

This time, van der Sloot — who had pleaded guilty to brutally killing Stephany Flores Ramírez, another student, in Lima, Peru, and had been serving a 28-year sentence there since 2012 – was finally stateside in a small cinder block-walled room and hooked to a polygraph test.

Over hours of interviews with federal prosecutors and agents, he described in cold detail first reported in PEOPLE how he had killed Natalee after she rejected his sexual advances — kicking her in the face and then smashing a cinder block into her head so that her face “collapsed in.” Then, he said — in a transcript of the confession obtained by PEOPLE — that he walked her limp body out to sea.

“Even though knowing the answer from such a brutal confession can just blister and burn your soul, I needed to know what happened,” Beth says. “The not knowing is more tortuous than knowing.”

After 18 years of searching, “my never-ending nightmare is over,” Beth says. “All those never-ending swirling theories and scammers and informants — no, it's over. Everyone has their own wishes and desires: mine was answers.”

Recalling that May 2005 morning with a smirking, chest-thumping van der Sloot in Aruba, Beth adds: “I've been desperately seeking those answers for so long. It was a huge victory to finally have them.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2036 on: October 24, 2023, 12:10:25 PM »

https://nypost.com/2023/10/24/news/aruba-weighs-charges-against-natalee-holloway-suspect/

Aruba weighs charges against Joran van der Sloot following shocking Natalee Holloway confession
By Olivia Land
Published Oct. 24, 2023, 12:24 p.m. ET

Authorities in Aruba are reportedly weighing the possibility of leveling new charges against Joran van der Sloot since he confessed to murdering Natalee Holloway on the island 18 years ago, officials said.

Van der Sloot, 36, told US investigators earlier this month that he bludgeoned 18-year-old Holloway to death on an Aruban beach and disposed of her body in the ocean in May 2005.

While the statute of limitations on murder in Aruba expires after 12 years, the question of whether island prosecutors will bring new charges against the former suspect “cannot be answered with a straightforward yes or no” because van der Sloot was a minor when the crime occurred, Ann Angela, spokesperson for the Public Prosecutor’s Office of Aruba, told Fox News Digital.

“It depends on various factors within the investigation,” Angela continued.

“As it is an open investigation, the Public Prosecutor’s Office will only provide limited information to the media, also about the issue of the statute of limitation.”

Holloway’s infamous disappearance is “still an open investigation in Aruba,” Angela noted.

“We have requested the U.S. Department of Justice for all the documents related to the investigation, which we will review before deciding on the procedural steps to be taken against Joran van der Sloot. Up until now, even though we are indeed aware of the reports in the press, we have not yet been formally informed by US authorities,” she explained.

The Public Prosecutor’s Office did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for a comment on its progress in the case.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2037 on: October 24, 2023, 04:58:06 PM »

I heard Beth mention this in one of the interviews I've seen, and I'm still just stunned by it.   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12655973/Natalee-Holloway-Joran-Van-der-Sloot-parents-wild-sex-life.html

She was also stunned to learn that the home where she met the killer's parents is listed on Airbnb. Holloway said: 'You can book a double murderer's Airbnb, wow.'

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2038 on: October 26, 2023, 06:46:13 PM »

https://www.al.com/news/2023/10/fbi-gives-inside-glimpse-into-joran-van-der-sloots-confession-to-natalee-holloways-murder.html

FBI gives inside glimpse into Joran van der Sloot’s confession to Natalee Holloway’s murder
Published: Oct. 26, 2023, 3:03 p.m.
By Carol Robinson

Two FBI officials in Birmingham on Thursday detailed how Joran van der Sloot last week came to plead guilty to extortion in a case that led to him confessing to killing Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect their identity as investigators.

Van der Sloot entered his guilty plea in wire fraud and the extortion of Natalee Holloway’s mother, Beth, the mother of the 18-year-old Mountain Brook High School student. He received a 20-year sentence on each.

Those sentences will be served concurrently with each other and also concurrently with his 28-year sentence for a 2010 murder in Peru. As part of a plea deal, van der Sloot said he kicked Natalee Holloway in the face and then bludgeoned her with a cinderblock when she refused his sexual advances.

“We want to make clear the amount of dedication and perseverance the agents, both past and present, the analysts and professional staff have put into this case to bring it to a successful conclusion,” one of the officials told AL.com

Here are details from the question and answer session:

The Northern District of Alabama issued the extortion indictment against van der Sloot in 2010. Why did this go to court in the U.S. in 2023?

monkeybusiness
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2039 on: October 27, 2023, 11:40:31 PM »

Hello everyone,

I registered at ScaredMonkeys back in 2007. I never got around to posting but I've read here in the Natalee Holloway and then Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion forums ever since, sometimes every single day.

For several months recently, I couldn't access this site. I tried in several different browsers on two different computers. Pinging scaredmonkeys.net was successful. Running tracert gave Request timed out on 14th hop to 216.98.153.22. I was wondering if the site had been shut down and if so whether the old content was archived anywhere. But I couldn't find anything about this in the search engines, which seemed odd. Posters grumble when they can't get into a site, especially one they've used for years.

Now that I got in, I looked over the various boards and only the Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion seems to have any recent activity. Was the downtime planned or was it sudden? I'm not seeing any advance notification about it. Am I missing something obvious?

Does anyone know what's going on and what the future of this board and ScaredMonkeys is?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.