March 19, 2024, 12:04:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1618370 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #380 on: May 20, 2015, 09:25:23 PM »

Robin made great point on just how this blog/forum was so "cutting edge" 10 years ago!

Yup, way before Facebook and Twitter. And might I add before unlimited bandwidth. 

LOL!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #381 on: May 20, 2015, 09:29:03 PM »

Robin made great point on just how this blog/forum was so "cutting edge" 10 years ago!

Yup, way before Facebook and Twitter. And might I add before unlimited bandwidth.  

Truth be told, we set up the Forum because we just had no way of keeping up with the comments that were coming in on the Front page blog. It was like every-time we refreshed there were 50 to 100 new comments. The closest think I can compare it to was in the movie the Social Network when they kept refreshing the page to hit 1 million.

bandwidth, forum software, etc. had to be really exorbitant!

*** Not to mention a new, bigger server!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:34:50 PM by wreck » Logged

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: May 20, 2015, 09:37:27 PM »

LOL!

I kid you not Ono, in the early days when this case took off SM went from 1000 views a day to 1000 views every 10 minutes. Tom and I used to winder how we were going to not have the site crash. It was like Mr Scott of Star Trek fame, when Captain Kirk would say ... Scottie I need more power.

We were winging it. And then that server bill came in and my jaw hit the ground.

For the folks that were with us in the beginning when SM was featured on CNN, a show called Inside the Blogs, they were fascinated by this little upstart called SM that was breaking stories way before the MSM.

The truth is and I can say it now, many media folks were using SM as their sources and for background but never told their producers. Back then, Blogs were considered evil by the MSM and most of them had no web presence. 

My how things have changed in just 10 years.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #383 on: May 20, 2015, 09:38:35 PM »

Nice show - Thanks, Dana!!

Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39:10 PM »

Were not getting older, we are just getting wiser and much better looking.  lol

LOL!

I kid you not Ono, in the early days when this case took off SM went from 1000 views a day to 1000 views every 10 minutes. Tom and I used to winder how we were going to not have the site crash. It was like Mr Scott of Star Trek fame, when Captain Kirk would say ... Scottie I need more power.

We were winging it. And then that server bill came in and my jaw hit the ground.

For the folks that were with us in the beginning when SM was featured on CNN, a show called Inside the Blogs, they were fascinated by this little upstart called SM that was breaking stories way before the MSM.

The truth is and I can say it now, many media folks were using SM as their sources and for background but never told their producers. Back then, Blogs were considered evil by the MSM and most of them had no web presence. 

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: May 20, 2015, 09:41:01 PM »

Truth be told, we set up the Forum because we just had no way of keeping up with the comments that were coming in on the Front page blog. It was like every-time we refreshed there were 50 to 100 new comments. The closest think I can compare it to was in the movie the Social Network when they kept refreshing the page to hit 1 million.

bandwidth, forum software, etc. had to be really exorbitant!

*** Not to mention a new, bigger server!

YES, we had to upgrade from the folks we endearingly used to call Server no-so Pronto. LOL

Some of you will remember when things got crazy, we had to turn off all the bells and whistles and go DEFCON4 so to keep the server from crashing. Suddenly folks lost their avatars and ability to IM as we had to focus all the power on life support and the frontal force shields. Crazy stuff.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: May 20, 2015, 09:43:02 PM »

Well, I was impressed.  Let's hope Corporate Marriott will comply and agree to T.J.'s request to search - it would be a big plus for Marriott to do so - they'd be heroes.

Then the ball falls in the Aruban Police court, so to speak, and the spotlight on them returns. [ And I don't think those jokers have forgotten at all, they just want to pretend it's totally unimportant and that it's gone away. ]

It's wonderful that CNN has gone down to Mississippi to interview Dave; The Layered Voice Technology sounds wonderful.

Great show tonight!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: May 20, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »

LOL!

If that is what you say, I am going with it. 

Nice show Dana.

BTW, congrats on your retirement and thanks for your service to protect and serve. I know it was not an easy decision but with the atmosphere that exists today, I could not imagine being a police officer.

I was going to email you and say, I want to turn the tables and interview you and your time on the force. Then I heard that dude on the radio that i emailed and thought to myself, I better keep my day job and let the trained professionals do the interviewing.   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2015, 09:45:38 PM »

Were not getting older, we are just getting wiser and much better looking.  lol

LOL!

Oh my word!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:47:47 PM by Ono » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: May 20, 2015, 09:48:17 PM »

If anyone missed the show, the Podcast is uploaded now and you can listen to the entire show at this link:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/audio/20150520s.mp3
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2015, 09:49:36 PM »

its scary yes, but nothing much will change except I wont work nights any more.
we never really retire we just change jobs.

and now  I can tell some juicy stories in time. lol

LOL!

If that is what you say, I am going with it. 

Nice show Dana.

BTW, congrats on your retirement and thanks for your service to protect and serve. I know it was not an easy decision but with the atmosphere that exists today, I could not imagine being a police officer.

I was going to email you and say, I want to turn the tables and interview you and your time on the force. Then I heard that dude on the radio that i emailed and thought to myself, I better keep my day job and let the trained professionals do the interviewing.   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2015, 09:57:38 PM »

Goodnight all! Time to go do the NYT crossword - will check in later!

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »

"Server no-so Pronto" ... sounds like they're related to the Aruban Justice System.  LOL
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #393 on: May 20, 2015, 10:04:05 PM »

LOL!

You still sound great, Dana.  Always enjoy listening to your show!  Love Robin Sax, too!  Thank you!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #394 on: May 20, 2015, 10:04:21 PM »

Nytol.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: May 20, 2015, 10:19:56 PM »

Nite wreck, and Ono.

I'll say goodnight as well, with this travel advisory.

In just the last ten years, there are two American's missing and believed murdered in Aruba.  Robyn Gardner has never been found either.  With the way the prosecutor's change every three years or so, there is very little chance either case will ever be prosecuted at this point.

A 17 year old student, and a 50 something year old man that had reportedly never been to the island before, were each able to completely disappear a body on this tiny little island and get away with murder.  Rest assured there are many more.

The government should do more as Dana said, but sad to say I've pretty much given up on that.

People need to remember that before they book that trip to One Happy Island.

JMO

And from what I've been reading the boa constrictor's are hitching rides under the hoods of cars too.  

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32662173

The hitchhiking snakes of the Caribbean
By Rob Crossan
Aruba
10 May 2015

But even the coastal hotels, far away from the wilderness of Arikok, have been visited by the boas in recent years. It turns out that these creatures have found a simple yet effective way to traverse the island. They hitchhike. "They love how warm car engines are," Robert tells me. "So they climb into them and end up getting driven all over the island."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: May 20, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »

MAGNOLIA!  

I was so excited to see you, I forgot to say Hi!

Hi Magnolia!  I've missed you!   

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #397 on: May 20, 2015, 10:28:02 PM »

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #398 on: May 20, 2015, 10:31:28 PM »

The newspapers and television here have been all about this story.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #399 on: May 20, 2015, 10:32:20 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.