March 19, 2024, 01:52:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1618396 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: May 22, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »

STILL Under Construction” 2 of 5 stars ... Review of Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147249-d218462-r3229663-Marriott_s_Aruba_Ocean_Club-Palm_Eagle_Beach_Aruba.html

“STILL Under Construction”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2005

The stay in Aruba was great, as usual; however, this time we went on a time-share vacation to this brand new Marriott property. We came there on the first day that it opened to the public and stayed there for 7 days. First, to let you know, we are a young couple, without children, in our twenties ( just to have the perspective.) Below, listed are some minuses(-) and pluses(+) of this property.

Minuses

1.) The hotel was still Under Construction, and as far as I know, will be under construction untill 2007.
2.) The whole scenery on the photo that shows the hotel, is actually a picture and describes what the hotel will look like in the future. All of the "lazy river", extra swimming pools and jacuzzis are not built yet.
3.) Half of the time the hot tub was not operational.
4.) Our room was tiny. Later it turned out that our room was actually part of a suite that they devided because they overbooked themselves.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147249-d218462-r3229663-Marriott_s_Aruba_Ocean_Club-Palm_Eagle_Beach_Aruba.html#
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: May 22, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »

From TXMOM from 2010 ... It is a very long post, I am going to quote some of the relevant passages. Can go yo the link to see the original post.

Natalee Case Discussion #838 6/12/10 -6/14/10 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8103.msg1157520#msg1157520

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #838 6/12/10 - « Reply #195 on: June 12, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »

In today's Diario, someone from Holland submitted this theory about where Natalee's body may have been hidden.

http://www.diario.aw/2010/06/mi-opinion-encuanto-e-lugar-unda-natalee-ta-dera/

Papiamentu translation: my opinion encuanto the lugar where natalee is bury - publication: saturday, 12 june 2010.

It was as clear to me now like a lump of how the fork in the stem was and why I asked in mid-May 2008 Chief Moss to take action and show it to initiate investigations on the former site of the Marriott Aruba Surf Club.

But what joke my surprise when he claimed that he sent in my email, stating my full theory, with drawings and all, could not open because the show PDF document was!?

Since he was to obtain 's search warrant to show a well-founded story at the court commissioner to knock, and he not therefore had was his proposal to the Marriott to seek voluntarily to cooperate with the investigation.

The same day I had the manager of the Marriott on the line and despite my assurance that the entire viewing exercise utmost discretion would go and show minor damage to the hotel would be caused, he is tough and I got zero on the petition .

My request to Mr. Moss for copies of the drawings were rejected, there was absolutely no understanding and cooperation.

My disappointment was great, but not quickly give up because I decided I was on my way to and vijtien months later I went to Aruba end of August 2009 and went right along with the DOW for photos of the drawings of the Marriott to make.

Joran was 1.5 years courting the daughter of someone who was involved in the construction of the Marriott.

There was a key found in Deepak's car, but was subsequently lost.

Shortly after her disappearance appeared on the site of "Scared Monkeys" messages from one Shango, with all sorts of cryptic text and one of them was:
"Why did not His Lordship bring the key found in the car"

There was over two weeks' n nasty smell around the site of the Marriott Aruba Surf Club.

There was never sought because at night 's lock on the gate Sat

Dave Holloway told me that one day "short-cut was between the parking lot of the Marriott and the Holiday Inn.

Their right is the Marriott Aruba Surf Club Phase 3, in terms of structure is finished and only needs to be finished and left, a row of containers.

Joran suggests that stars and look at Natalee's remark that there is already a roof on the hotel is right, then he points to show a small building at the very end of the site.

If your building plan of the hotel on Google Earth satellite image of June 22, 2005 submit, you will find that this building is the start of the emergency stairwell # 3 of "The Spyglass Tower".

They run inside, climb on the landing, go through the stairs to the first floor and steps in a "half" room, which later the space behind the elevators would be.

They go on the floor and stare together in love to the beautiful sky and everything is nice and peaceful.

But the true nature of man is only then upwards when there are no witnesses, because there is nothing from that horrible change, it's a beast, because suddenly brutally raped Natalee and Joran then breaks her neck!

He then takes her in his arms and running down the stairs and puts her on the landing.

He jumps down, pulls her into the hallway and grabbed a fire with a twist smacks her on the ground.

Then he pushes the sand to crawl away and he pulls Natalee at her feet inside.

He crawls to the end of the room and stuffed with sand near the crack.

His shoes, where blood is, he kicks off and leaves behind this spot.

He squeezes out again and again, he then closed the gap with sand and will then smiling, barefoot into the night.

I have this information to the Diario passed, because I just think that the Aruban entitled to it!

Hopefully this tip with this black chapter is finally closed and Aruba One Happy Island weather really!

Jurriën de Jong
Hulanda
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #442 on: May 22, 2015, 11:59:07 PM »

redheadedgal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #443 on: May 23, 2015, 02:26:42 AM »

klaasend, what exactly are you trying to point out within the red circles? thanks!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #444 on: May 23, 2015, 06:06:18 AM »

They're finally putting up some longer clips from Greta's show...   

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4250309980001/natalee-holloway-a-decade-of-mystery/?#sp=show-clips

Natalee Holloway: A decade of mystery
May. 21, 2015 - 7:49 - 'Greta Investigates: The Natalee Holloway Mystery 10 Years Later': A look back at the infamous disappearance of student while on a trip to Aruba and the questions that remain unanswered

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4250309982001/joran-waits-out-clock-and-cashes-in-on-holloway-fame

Joran waits out clock and cashes in on Holloway fame
May. 21, 2015 - 5:38 - 'Greta Investigates: The Natalee Holloway Mystery 10 Years Later': As a family grieves and suspicion continues to swirl around Natalee Holloway's disappearance, Joran van der Sloot tells lies for hefty price

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: May 23, 2015, 06:09:35 AM »

klaasend, what exactly are you trying to point out within the red circles? thanks!

Not sure, but I think maybe she just had the wrong area.  From my own experience, the more I looked at pictures and satellite images, the easier it was for me to get turned around!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: May 23, 2015, 08:56:26 AM »

Ten years, wow.  For some reason it really hit me this morning.  Ten years.  I can't imagine, and hope I never know how it feels to be the parent of a child I've had to search for at all, much less this long!  I hope the lead is for real and can finally bring Natalee home for a proper burial, or at least maybe prove if she was ever there.  I still think she was in that cage, but could have been taken out there days later.  Still too many unanswered questions, and strange activities surrounding the whole ocean search and the recovery of the remains in that cage.  I'm waiting for someone to convince me it wasn't her, but I'm not holding my breath or anything.  Still have to wonder if Greta had all of the information, and this is truly a promising lead at the Marriott, why wasn't it mentioned in her show?

But as I sit here drinking coffee out of my Scared Monkeys Justice Train to Birmingham cup  , Joran van der Sloot is where he belongs.  And for that, I'm thankful.  

Ricardo Flores said it five years ago, Stephany was an instrument of Justice for Natalee.   an angelic monkey

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/peru-cops-grill-joran-van-der-sloot-security-video-show-moments-stephany-flores-life-article-1.181363

Saturday, June 5, 2010, 5:01 PM

Ricardo Flores, who buried his daughter Thursday, said he hoped Stephany's slaying can resolve the Holloway mystery. "My daughter was an instrument for (Natalee), so that there can be justice," he said yesterday.

We may have to wait a while for any justice directly related to Natalee's case, and it's really sad that Joran was protected and allowed to murder again; but Justice for Stephany in Peru has given us the tremendous gift of living the last five years knowing the monster is not still free!  

Still hoping someone will interview the Flores family, hope they are doing well.  Five years for them now without Stephany.  Although Joran was arrested fairly quickly, he tormented them throughout the trial process, and still seemed to have it too good in prison until he was transferred last fall.  Wonder how he is today, he doesn't seem to be getting as much outside attention there in Challapalca, lol.  But no matter how good Joran thinks he has it, or that he can still at least appear to even have a family; the Flores family can rest assured that if he lives long enough, when Peru is through with him; he's coming to Birmingham, Alabama USA for some more justice.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:58:39 AM by texasmom » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: May 23, 2015, 09:03:56 AM »

Not sure, but I think maybe she just had the wrong area.  From my own experience, the more I looked at pictures and satellite images, the easier it was for me to get turned around!

Pointing out the main changes I see in those satellite views construction wise.  I realize it doesn't sound like the same area the witness said but the witness could have been confused or a language difference confusion.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:08:07 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: May 23, 2015, 10:31:29 AM »

Better?  

June 2005

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: May 23, 2015, 02:15:50 PM »

Better?  

June 2005

Yes!  

But I could be wrong, I don't have any inside information!    Monkey Devil!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:20:29 PM by texasmom » Logged

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: May 23, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »

so the guy from this article, is the same one talking now
if he is, he seems to be saying about the same thing then as now

Hopefully this tip with this black chapter is finally closed and Aruba One Happy Island weather really!

Jurriën de Jong
Hulanda

from this link
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14615.msg1601272#msg1601272

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: May 23, 2015, 04:20:13 PM »

TM, I think I was fixed on that other location as it seemed like it was closer to the Fisherman's Huts and the area that Dave Holloway smelled something when he was searching for Natalee in June 2005. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: May 23, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »

TM, I think I was fixed on that other location as it seemed like it was closer to the Fisherman's Huts and the area that Dave Holloway smelled something when he was searching for Natalee in June 2005. 

That makes sense Klaas.  I always have to go back and look at your maps to refresh my memory on where everything is on the shoreline, so I hadn't even thought about it that way.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: May 23, 2015, 06:30:41 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/gretawire/videos/1094670130547846/

"There were no steps wasted and there are no regrets. I did all I knew to do." Beth Holloway

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: May 24, 2015, 01:29:42 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SZocUKSQjM

The Natalee Holloway Case on Greta Van Susteren from 12-1-2008 part 2 of 4
Uploaded on Dec 2, 2008

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7SZocUKSQjM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/7SZocUKSQjM</a>

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2015, 09:22:14 AM »

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/05/natalee_holloway_10_years_late.html

Natalee Holloway 10 years later: New facts, and doubts, about the case's future

By Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 24, 2015 at 7:11 AM, updated May 24, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Miami University senior Dani Kaufman got the "Natalee Holloway talk" when she left for Spring Break on the idyllic island of Aruba.

"We all pretty much got the similar speech," the Ohio native said. "Stick with each other, don't leave with anyone you don't know. Don't go back to anyone's room. Watch your drinks. Don't drink too much."

Ten years after Mountain Brook's Natalee Holloway vanished on a high school trip to Aruba – 10 years after news of her disappearance spread like wildfire across cable news channels and the world – Holloway has become both a point of reference and a point of contention in this island nation.

Police and politicians and government offices in Aruba simply will not talk much about Holloway these days. The topic is largely off limits, presumably because Aruban officials believe the American media and the Holloway family unfairly criticized island police and by doing so threatened Aruban tourism.

But Americans like Susan Miles – she and her family stepped off a Carnival cruise ship in Aruba in March – cannot set foot on shore without thinking about Holloway. Miles' mother, Mickey Arsenault, even asked her tour bus driver to point out the Holloway sites such as the Holiday Inn where she stayed before that fateful night.

"It's just such a huge blown up story for such a long time, even anywhere you live," Miles said. "And you just thought of the family, and the poor girl that just went on Spring Break, and you think of your own kids traveling and I think people are a little bit more nervous to send their kids on a vacation by themselves anymore."

"For us, the case is still open and will remain open until we find out more concretely what happened to this girl,'' said Jossy Mansur, owner and editor of the Papiamento-language newspaper Diario in Aruba. "I want some kind of definite closure in the case and that Beth would finally, finally have some peace of mind by taking whatever is left of her back to Alabama and have her buried there. It's very sad for a mother to lose a child like this."

Mansur, an Aruban native and prominent businessman who has written two dictionaries for the Papiamento language and who has written a history of Aruba, among other books, said the government doesn't share his newspaper's sentiments of solving the Holloway case and bringing charges against longtime prime suspect Joran van der Sloot.

"They were let go because all of the judges are Dutch people and the Dutch stick together,'' said the 80-year-old Mansur, who graduated from Alabama's Spring Hill College in 1954. "For them, the case is closed. It will not be reopened. If you ask them officially, they say, 'Oh it's open and we're waiting for new information to come in. Nonsense. They're not even trying."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: May 24, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »

Thanks Klaas!

I've been wondering why we hadn't heard from Jossy yet...glad to see this interview!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: May 24, 2015, 01:27:19 PM »

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/05/natalee_holloway_10_years_late.html

Natalee Holloway 10 years later: New facts, and doubts, about the case's future

By Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com

on May 24, 2015 at 7:11 AM, updated May 24, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Mansur said the information he has received consistently throughout the years is that Natalee, van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers never went to the beach. "The information I have, and very few people know this, is that they did not go to the beach,'' he said. "They took Natalee to Joran's apartment. He lived on the same property as his parents, but he lived in an apartment isolated from the main house."

"They took Natalee there. And whatever happened in that apartment happened, but she did not come out of there alive,'' he said. "All this other information that has been floating around for years that she was killed or murdered or whatever on the beach is not true. As far as our information is concerned, she never got to the beach alive. She was in the trunk."

Mansur said they drove to the beach near the Aruba Racquet Club and waited for a friend of van der Sloot's , who dumped the body at sea. "They took her out to sea two or three miles,'' he said. "In Aruba, there is a peculiarity out there because in front of the beaches that run in front of the hotels, there's strong currents that can take anything in no time to the Central American coast, Costa Rica or Panama."

"So they dumped her with some of heavy thing that they pulled out of the trunk of the car, dumped her in the ocean, came back and disappeared,'' he said. "The very next day the investigation began, but it was a half-hearted investigation."

Mansur said van der Sloot's father, Paulus van der Sloot, never achieved his goal of becoming a judge despite several attempts, but he did hold a position of power in the Ministry of Justice. "It so happens that whenever anyone here in Aruba has a complaint against the police for whatever reason, they had to go before Paulus. He handled the police cases, and was very good friends with them,'' Mansur said. "When this happened, and the police knew that Paulus' son was involved, everything began to go wrong."

"There was no real investigation taking place there. They wanted to save the boy as best they could," he said. "I've never spoken about this before, but I know for a fact this is what happened. I have a very good relationship through the newspaper with the police. I had their confidence, and they would tell me things they would not tell out in the open."

Mansur said there are little-known aspects of the investigation. One is that Paulus van der Sloot insisted on surveillance cameras being installed in the interrogation room prior to interviews with his son. "Why? Because they were afraid they would beat him up, slap him, knock him over or whatever. They weren't all his friends, just the police who had been in trouble,'' he said. "I think they saw their own protection also in the cameras."

Secondly, Mansur said, is that the written reports transcribed from the recorded interviews with Joran van der Sloot were altered by Paulus van der Sloot. "He's the one who in his handwriting corrected whatever was dangerous for his son,'' Mansur said. "Very few people know this, but I do because I have copies of all of those documents."

Those police documents, he said, were later destroyed. "Normally they would file them or take them to court,'' he said. "They tore them up. They don't exist."

"To me, it was a cover-up investigation,'' he said.

Most downtown business owners said they were too afraid to discuss the case. One shop owner did talk, but wouldn't allow his name used because he said the last time he spoke publicly to the media, he received a chastising telephone call from government officials. "It's almost destroyed me,'' he said. "My business has suffered."

"They want to get rid of the case. They want the case closed,'' Mansur said. "They don't want to hear anything about it. It did its damage to the island at that time, and they live with the thought that they don't want the case to be reopened."

"Economically, it didn't hurt Aruba. For a short while, yes,'' he said. "When it was going on for about 2 ˝ years and all these newspaper people from the states were here, yes, it had to affect the island because all of the information they were sending was negative. It's gone. It's finished."

"Now? Aruba is benefiting from it in the sense that more people now know Aruba,'' Mansur said. "They've seen the pictures and the videos of it over all the big channels of the U.S. and Aruba's tourism has grown quite a bit, not because of that but to a point where we reach a million visitors a year."

RoxiBalboa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #458 on: May 24, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »

Hello Monkeys! I don't post often but still check in here pretty much every day. I was wondering, has Joran ever discredited a witness so much before? Could he be calling this witness a liar because he doesn't want anyone to look? I know he loves getting his name in the news no matter how but I don't recall him ever calling someone a *** liar when they come forward.

Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: May 24, 2015, 02:52:20 PM »

Hello Monkeys! I don't post often but still check in here pretty much every day. I was wondering, has Joran ever discredited a witness so much before? Could he be calling this witness a liar because he doesn't want anyone to look? I know he loves getting his name in the news no matter how but I don't recall him ever calling someone a *** liar when they come forward.

Great to see you RoxiB! Very good point!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.