March 19, 2024, 12:03:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1618369 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #480 on: May 28, 2015, 08:10:42 PM »

Bring Natalee Home!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: May 28, 2015, 08:11:45 PM »

On CNN right now!  

Martin Savidge is going to ask the prosecutor why not search tomorrow night on Anderson Cooper.   
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:20:41 PM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: May 28, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »

On CNN right now!  

Martin Savidge is going to ask the prosecutor why not search tomorrow night on Anderson Cooper.   

Thanks for posting TM!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: May 28, 2015, 10:57:10 PM »

You're welcome Klaas!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: May 28, 2015, 11:17:23 PM »

Natalee and her cousin, Rachel.   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: May 28, 2015, 11:32:25 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/28/world/natalee-holloway-new-tip/

New clues, questions in Natalee Holloway case
Updated 9:15 PM ET, Thu May 28, 2015

Watch special coverage of Natalee Holloway's disappearance at 8 p.m. ET this week on "Anderson Cooper 360°."

(CNN)—Ten years after Natalee Holloway went missing, a Dutch citizen says he knows where to find her. Prosecutors, however, aren't buying it.

Jurriėn de Jong told CNN's Martin Savidge that the teen's body is buried in a crawl space at a Marriott vacation property in Aruba, and he believes he saw her in her final moments.

Aruba's chief prosecutor, Eric Olthof, says he spent weeks investigating de Jong's assertions, including a 2010 sworn statement to police.

When asked about what construction was underway on May 30, 2005, Olthof says Marriott officials said there was no construction at the spot de Jong pointed out.

"It's evident now the story of Mr. de Jong can't be true, so that's a closed book," Oltholf told CNN.

Enter Google Earth ...

On the other hand, some signs complicate Marriott's official time line of the construction of Spyglass Tower. A satellite image from Google Earth taken in June 2005, just a few weeks after Natalee Holloway disappeared, shows what appears to be the blurry outlines of structures that could resemble a construction site.

Holloway's father says he remembers the site from the day after his daughter's disappearance. "I can tell you for a fact. I was there on June 1, and there was definitely construction in that area," he says.

Holloway says he has information that construction began in February, but he was not clear on how he knows. Natalee Holloway was last seen on May 30, 2005.

CNN's Savidge received this statement from Jeff Flaherty of global corporate relations at Marriott International Inc.: "Mr. de Jong has contacted Marriott in the past and each time we have suggested to Mr. de Jong that he present his account of the matter to the authorities. As we have done all along, we cooperate fully with the authorities whenever they are conducting an official investigation."

For his part, de Jong says he believes authorities are dragging their feet.

"It's the inconvenient truth. It would damage the image of Aruba as one happy island," he says.

Oltholf won't say that de Jong is lying, but says his statement can't be true.

"It's the statement of the management of the Marriott that at that time, at that place, there was no construction. When there's no construction, Natalee Holloway can't be buried in the crawl space under the foundation," he said.

And, he added, that Marriott has provided proof.

"I think they're not wrong because they can prove it with some photographs and some other material. And I think they are right with what they are saying. And Mr. de Jong can't prove it," said Olthof.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: May 29, 2015, 07:46:05 AM »

It's not hard for me to believe that it could have happened, there's another building that can be seen in an Oct 2005 picture on flicker that I've posted earlier...wondering if that has a staircase in it?  IIRC, it looked like a two story building.

It's just hard for me to believe they would have left her there, and no one noticed at the time?  Construction workers?

Maybe Aruba would rather just have everyone wonder if the Marriott is Natalee's coffin than check it out?  How could that possibly be a good thing?

JMO

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: May 29, 2015, 08:52:20 AM »

It's not hard for me to believe that it could have happened, there's another building that can be seen in an Oct 2005 picture on flicker that I've posted earlier...wondering if that has a staircase in it?  IIRC, it looked like a two story building.

It's just hard for me to believe they would have left her there, and no one noticed at the time?  Construction workers?

Maybe Aruba would rather just have everyone wonder if the Marriott is Natalee's coffin than check it out?  How could that possibly be a good thing?

JMO

Don't you think if they(LE) had found a body there, they would have hushed it up, paid off anyone who had seen it and disposed of the body immediately?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: May 29, 2015, 09:53:07 AM »

JMO

Don't you think if they(LE) had found a body there, they would have hushed it up, paid off anyone who had seen it and disposed of the body immediately?

Aruba also has a lot of guest workers, and they could have been threatened and/or deported.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #489 on: May 29, 2015, 10:33:18 AM »

JMO - if Joran was going to have his way with a girl, doesn't it seem more likely he would take her to his apartment than some construction site?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: May 29, 2015, 01:18:24 PM »

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/29/natalee-holloway-clues/

Google Earth image offers new clues, raises new questions in Natalee Holloway case
Posted 9:28 am, May 29, 2015, by CNN Wire   

Enter Google Earth …

On the other hand, some signs complicate Marriott’s official time line of the construction of Spyglass Tower. A satellite image from Google Earth taken in June 2005, just a few weeks after Natalee Holloway disappeared, shows what appears to be the blurry outlines of structures that could resemble a construction site.

Holloway’s father says he remembers the site from the day after his daughter’s disappearance. “I can tell you for a fact. I was there on June 1, and there was definitely construction in that area,” he says.

Holloway says he has information that construction began in February, but he was not clear on how he knows. Natalee Holloway was last seen on May 30, 2005.

CNN’s Savidge received this statement from Jeff Flaherty of global corporate relations at Marriott International Inc.: “Mr. de Jong has contacted Marriott in the past and each time we have suggested to Mr. de Jong that he present his account of the matter to the authorities. As we have done all along, we cooperate fully with the authorities whenever they are conducting an official investigation.”

For his part, de Jong says he believes authorities are dragging their feet.

“It’s the inconvenient truth. It would damage the image of Aruba as one happy island,” he says.

Oltholf won’t say that de Jong is lying, but says his statement can’t be true.

June 2005

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #491 on: May 29, 2015, 02:25:01 PM »

Joran being taken by polis to beach by Marriott.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: May 29, 2015, 05:47:36 PM »

I didn't know.  

My sincere condolences to Beth and her family on the loss of her mother.  an angelic monkey

http://www.ralphrobinsonandson.com/obituaries/Ann-Reynolds/

Ann Nichols Reynolds

December 18, 1926 - November 17, 2014

Ann Nichols Reynolds, 87, of Hot Springs, formerly a longtime resident of Pine Bluff, died November 17th, 2014.

Born December 18, 1926, in Pine Bluff; she was a daughter of the late Charlie and Myrtle Green Nichols. Ann Reynolds lived all of her life in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, graduating from Pine Bluff High School in 1944. She was a member of the Beta Sigma Phi Exemplar Chapter.

Ann worked for 35 years for Guaranty Federal Savings and Loan where she was later Vice President of Savers Savings and Loan.

She married Paul Mundell Reynolds (deceased 2000) in 1948. Together they raised their family and enjoyed the lake at Hot Springs where she loved to boat and ski.

Ann was a faithful member of Carr Memorial Methodist Church for more than sixty years and a longtime member of United Methodist Women, her church choir and the Wedding Ring Sunday School class; then later a member of Lakeside United Methodist Church. She was an avid reader, loved to travel and was a competitive card player who loved Canasta and being with friends.

Ann was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Paul Reynolds; son, Gary Mundell Reynolds and her granddaughter, Natalee Ann Holloway (deceased 2005). Surviving are her children; son, Paul Mundell Reynolds, Jr. and wife Carla Caccavale Reynolds, of Pellham Manor, New York; son, John Phillip Reynolds, of Hot Springs, Arkansas; and daughter, Elizabeth Ann Reynolds Holloway, of Birmingham, Alabama; her grandchildren: Georgianna Jean Caccavale Reynolds, Nancianne Bella Reynolds, Paul Mundell Reynolds, III, Carl Baldi Reynolds, Patsy Marie Reynolds, Jeffrey Lynn Reynolds, Amy Michelle Reynolds, Laura Beth Reynolds, Matt Edward Holloway; her great grandchild, Hudson Barrett Hubbard; sister-in-law and lifelong friend Jimmie Lee Nichols, of Pine Bluff; and many loving nieces.

A service in celebration of her life will begin at 11:00a.m., Thursday, November 20th, 2014, in the Chapel of Ralph Robinson & Son with Reverend Pam Estes officiating. Visitation will be from 10:00a.m –11:00a.m. Thursday. Graveside service will follow in Graceland Cemetery. Friends may sign the online register at www.ralphrobinsonandson.com.

To honor Ann Reynolds’ memory her family asks that in lieu of flowers contributions be made to the general fund at Lakeside United Methodist Church, 1500 South Olive St., Pine Bluff, AR 71603.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:17:50 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: May 29, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »

I've always loved this one.  Together again, such a sweet thought.   

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

HT Carpe?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: May 29, 2015, 06:16:35 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: May 29, 2015, 08:24:18 PM »

I just watched Martin Savidge's report on CNN, and the prosecutor says Marriott has provided proof that there was no structure where the witness has pointed out.  So they are not going forward with this lead.  Dave thinks the Marriott has given the prosecutor faulty information.  In order to search they would need to have a cadaver dog on site and drill a few holes in the foundation, no demolition would be needed. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: May 29, 2015, 08:36:29 PM »

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/05/29/natalee-holloway-joran-van-der-sloot-10-years-later

Natalee Holloway: 10 years, no answers
By Phil Rosenbaum & Stephen Loiaconi
updated1:48 PM EDT, Fri May 29, 2015

On May 30, 2005, around 1:00 a.m., American teen Natalee Holloway left Carlos'n Charlie's bar in Oranjestad, Aruba with three young men.

She was never seen by her friends or family again.

Holloway, an 18-year-old from Mountain Brook, Alabama, was on a post-high school graduation trip with classmates. She was scheduled to fly home later that day, but concern grew when she missed her flight.

Suspicion quickly turned to the three men she was last seen with, and specifically to 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot, the Dutch son of an Aruban justice official, initially claimed he and his friends dropped Natalee off at a hotel. He later changed his story and said he left her on the beach, but he maintained that he did not harm her.

Van der Sloot and brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were arrested on June 9, 2005 and remained in custody for nearly three months as the investigation continued and the search for Natalee intensified.

In September 2005, however, they were released.

The years that followed would bring many moments of false hope for Holloway's family, fruitless searches by land and water, seemingly-promising leads that fizzled into nothing, surprising claims by alleged witnesses, and even an apparent confession by van der Sloot recorded by a secret camera.

At one point in 2007, van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers were briefly rearrested, but no charges were ever filed.

Today, Joran van der Sloot sits in a Peruvian prison, convicted of murdering another young woman, 21-year-old Stephany Flores, in a hotel in Lima on May 30, 2010, exactly five years after Natalee Holloway disappeared.

Despite claims that recently surfaced from a new possible witness, what happened to Natalee Holloway remains a mystery 10 years later. 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: May 29, 2015, 10:26:37 PM »

How does he know?  Why is he so sure?    

http://abc7.com/news/new-tip-raises-questions-in-natalee-holloways-disappearance/755340/

New tip raises questions in Natalee Holloway's disappearance
Updated 2 hrs 9 mins ago

Jurrien de Jong claims he saw the chief suspect in Holloway's disappearance chase her into a construction site and later hide her body under a staircase of the Marriott Hotel in Aruba.

Holloway's father said he saw construction at the time and Google Earth images back him up.

"What he is describing in his story matches what's physically there at the time. I'm thinking this could be something," Dave Holloway said.

Marriott officials said the site wasn't under construction on May 30, 2005, the date of Holloway's disappearance.

"That's useless to search there with a cadaver dog or drilling," Aruba prosecutor Eric Olthof said. "One thing will be sure, she's not lying there. She can't be lying there."

Marriott hasn't commented publicly about the construction timeline, only releasing a statement that it is fully cooperating with the official investigation.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2015, 11:21:04 PM »

MIP6?

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/29/natalee-holloway-clues/

Holloway says he has information that construction began in February, but he was not clear on how he knows.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: May 29, 2015, 11:58:04 PM »

How does he know?  Why is he so sure?    

http://abc7.com/news/new-tip-raises-questions-in-natalee-holloways-disappearance/755340/

New tip raises questions in Natalee Holloway's disappearance
Updated 2 hrs 9 mins ago

Jurrien de Jong claims he saw the chief suspect in Holloway's disappearance chase her into a construction site and later hide her body under a staircase of the Marriott Hotel in Aruba.

Holloway's father said he saw construction at the time and Google Earth images back him up.

"What he is describing in his story matches what's physically there at the time. I'm thinking this could be something," Dave Holloway said.

Marriott officials said the site wasn't under construction on May 30, 2005, the date of Holloway's disappearance.

"That's useless to search there with a cadaver dog or drilling," Aruba prosecutor Eric Olthof said. "One thing will be sure, she's not lying there. She can't be lying there."

Marriott hasn't commented publicly about the construction timeline, only releasing a statement that it is fully cooperating with the official investigation.

I wish I could have confidence in any of the prosecutors, they just don't seem sincere.  Maybe they are in other cases, but in this case I believe they are just puppets for a term of three years.  A search for a body in the foundation of the Marriott could turn a few heads I guess.  They figure they've about weathered the Natalee Holloway storm.  10 years, it should be about over right?  But they're wrong.  One person at a time, talked to two today.  There are too many other wonderful vacation spots than to give them a dime until Natalee comes home.  Jossy's right, they're not even trying.

The FBI knows, or has the ability to know about construction at that site at that time.  But then I remember the cage found by Americans a mile from the shore with human remains in it over seven years ago.  We still don't know who was in it.

Aruba doesn't want to solve this case.  If they EVER charged Joran, it would only be as some attempt to get him out of being tried in the USA.  You would hope he would be bad for tourism by now, but who knows?!!!!

JMO

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.