March 19, 2024, 01:25:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1618388 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #660 on: December 13, 2015, 01:49:13 PM »

And another from 2005 ... To Beth, one of the strongest individuals I have ever met.

Beth Twitty, EVERYONE’S MOM.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/07/17/twitty-defines-good-mother-one-we-are-all-proud-of/

“She learned things before the police did. She knew what to ask”.

“A mother’s intuition is a powerful thing“.

Birmingham News; VICKI COVINGTON, Twitty defines ‘good mother’

From the first moment that any of us saw Beth Twitty on TV, we all knew that she was a smart, caring, driven mom that would not be denied in her quest to find Natalee and answers. Many of us know for a fact that if it were not for her perseverance most likely two black security guards would have been convicted of a crime they did not commit and this case would have been brushed away as fast as humanly possible for reasons other than that of correctly solving it.

The Holloway’s and Twitty’s knew from the outset that the only way to maintain pressure on the investigation, probably not as much as what they would later understand, was to keep the story alive in the media. I would also like to say in the blog world as well, as many have cooperated with us to get the story out and to inform those interested readers that have been riveted to the story from “dawn to dusk and dusk to dawn”.

Although, I am sure that Beth would trade all comments about herself for Natalee to be found; Beth’s actions, determination and will have inspired us all. One mom’s determination has taken on an island for answers and the truth and for that she deserves our respect, admiration and support. Not only has Natalee become “everyone’s daughter”, Beth Twitty has become “everyone’s mom”.
Beth certainly has our support.

Bring this forward, because I think it's an awesome reminder.

Justice for Natalee!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: December 15, 2015, 07:43:50 AM »

I'm not going to link the Washington post story because honestly, it pisses me off.  This is the headline and the author with the date if you want to read it.

Bad girls and gone girls: Why the media tired of ‘missing white women
By Paul Farhi December 9

IMO

Natalee won hearts all over the world because of Beth's tenacity.  Aruba wanted it kept quiet, like they do all cases like this that will hurt their precious tourism.  Beth refused to allow Natalee to be swept under the rug like so many others, and she has paid dearly for it every step of the way.  Parents identified with Beth, and her vow to not go home without Natalee in the early days after Natalee's disappearance, and to never give up for all the years that have followed.

I'm tired of hearing/reading why isn't my baby getting the same attention that pretty white girl got when you see no evidence of them making any notable effort at all to get their missing person in the spotlight!  I believe that any parent that works as hard as Beth did, will get the media attention they need for their missing child.  But with it comes scrutiny of their lives too, and I think that is often what keeps more families from fighting like Beth did and getting the attention that they think all missing persons are entitled too.  And that's sad.

JMO

I agree with you texasmom.  I won't be adding a click to Mr. Farhi's article at the Wapo either.  I've seen enough of that sort of thing to last me a lifetime. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: December 23, 2015, 11:57:41 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/12/22/shark-kills-man-during-coast-guard-rescue-near-aruba.html

Shark kills ship's captain during Coast Guard rescue near Aruba
Published December 22, 2015
FoxNews.com

A Venezuelan man was attacked by a shark moments before the Dutch Caribbean Coast Guard tried to reach him and his crew during a daring rescue operation Saturday after their boat capsized in the waters off Aruba.

Dutch Caribbean Coast Guard spokesman Roderick Gouverneur told The Associated Press that the shark attacked the man as he was clinging to a rescue buoy and a member of the Coast Guard suspended from a helicopter was trying to rescue him. He said the man – who was identified by local media as 58-year-old ship captain Adrian Esteban Rafael, according to the IB Times -- died Saturday on the way to the hospital.

Two other men perished when they sank with the vessel, the Doña Matilde.

Four crew members who survived by holding on to a refrigerator and pallet were hospitalized in Aruba for dehydration and were still recovering Tuesday.

The men were traveling from Bonaire to Aruba to sell whiskey when their boat capsized after it was hit by a wave, Gouverneur said.

Venezuelans often travel on boats laden with goods to sell throughout the Dutch Caribbean islands.

http://www.awe24.com/20151220/23772/Mas_imagen_durante_e_rescate_di_e_naufragonan_di_Dona_Mathilda

Picture of the boat that sank:

http://www.awe24.com/20151219/23762/4_Tripulante_cu_tabata_drif_riba_lama_a_ser_rescata_nan_tabata_des-hidrata_3

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:06:25 PM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: December 23, 2015, 12:28:56 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/219734-10000-florin-voor-gouden-tip-vondst-yellow

Google translation:

10 000 forints for gold tip discovery 'Yellow'
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 15:08

ORANGE CITY - The Ministry of Security and Justice in cooperation with the Public Prosecutor (OM) and Aruba Police Force (KPA) announced that they pay for the golden tip that will lead to the arrest of the suspect Milanchelo Trinidad (30), increased from five thousand to ten thousand florins. It is assumed that the suspect is still on Aruba.

In a press release reporting the relevant authorities that a lot of tips about the 'Yellow' entered that is accused of the violent death of a bouncer at Olde Mill on December 7th. However has no single tip led to his real find. For that reason, the amount for the golden tip since yesterday increased to ten thousand florins. The ministry, OM and KPA hope that the increased amount of money will give a positive push to his discovery. Ann Angela, spokeswoman for the OM states "that it is believed that the suspect is still on Aruba and is not abroad. She can not tell whether there have arrived since the increase of the amount already useful tips.

Milanchelo Nelson Antonio Trinidad, also known by his alias 'Yellow', was born on May 7, 1985 in Bonaire and living in Aruba. He is suspected to have early on Monday morning shots fired at nightclub The Olde Mill, where a doorman was killed and another seriously injured. If you have information that may lead to the solution of this matter, please contact the Aruba Police Force. You can call Detective Muller detective Shaba North at telephone number 563-5391. You can also call the hotline at 11 141 and your message and data record it. You will be called back.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: December 23, 2015, 01:03:41 PM »

Not a word until after over a week while the (armed and dangerous) suspect is STILL on the island...   

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/shooting-bouncer-65289/

12-15-2015, 02:06 PM #1
Aruba4ever

shooting of bouncer????

I just read on another forum about a bouncer that was shot at a night club recently. Any news about this? I know things happen everywhere but I don't like it when they happen in Aruba.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
12-15-2015, 02:14 PM #2
hatteras
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach

I heard that it happened at a club near The Mill. I believe that two bouncers were shot, after an altercation with the shooter. I heard that the shooter came back later and shot both of them.

12-15-2015, 02:15 PM #3
Retagger

Yes, there was a shooting last week that occurred at the nightclub next to the Mill. One bouncer was shot and killed and another bouncer was shot and is in critical condition in the hospital. The police know who the suspect is and are searching the island. The suspect was just released from prison in Aruba after killing someone else by slicing his neck with a knife. He only served 5 years for a murder!

Unofficially, a coalition of bouncers are looking for this person on their own. They want to find this suspect before the police. (Read between the lines). I have many friends in the Police Department and they are working 24/7 on this suspects capture.

Last edited by Retagger; 12-15-2015 at 02:18 PM.

12-15-2015, 02:26 PM #4
Andrea J.

yes
    it happened about a week ago at the club near the mill

i encourage all that are going to post, please not to speculate.

if you can site your sources (news article link) that'd be great.

12-15-2015, 02:27 PM #5
CK1

Yes, I read about it. The shooting happened last week on Monday at the nightclub "The Old Mill". The suspect killed one bouncer and wounded another critically.

The suspect goes under the name "Yellow". His real name is Milanchelo Trenidad. He was born in Bonair but lives in Aruba. He is armed and dangerous.

If someone sees him, do NOT approach him. Call the Police at 100 or 11141.

Here is his picture:

http://www.diario.aw/2015/12/polis-t...caliza-yellow/

12-15-2015, 02:29 PM #6
Andrea J.

https://translate.google.com/transla...cial%2F&anno=2

scroll down to olis ta suplica......

and here are rona's thoughts. (tell us how you really feel rona!! she does not mince words. )
    http://batibleki.visitaruba.com/8am-...ng-for-yellow/

Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-15-2015 at 02:44 PM.

12-15-2015, 02:34 PM #7
Jacki
Super Moderator

Sad. Many prayers and good vibes to the gentleman fighting for his life.

12-15-2015, 02:46 PM #8
schexc

Oddly enough we didn't hear anything about it while we were there. Better off not. The wife would have freaked and
    would have been looking for the first flight out of Dodge. Another sad event, but like said, it happens everywhere.

12-15-2015, 03:23 PM #9
gaby

we didn't hear anything about it either, and we were there, too. I mean not even a rumor or gossip.

12-15-2015, 03:55 PM #10
CK1

I read it already last week, shortly after it happened. But did not mention anything here at the forum not to freak anyone out who was on vacation in Aruba.

The suspect lives in San Nicolas.
There is a 5,000 Florin reward if someone can provide the "golden tip" which leads to his capture.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/shooting-bouncer-65289/index2.html

12-15-2015, 04:12 PM #11
CK1

Some info incl. picture of the suspect at Amigoe:

Google Translation:

Reward for golden tip of the shooting

Saturday, December 12th, 2015 13:06

Milanchelo Trinidad

ORANJESTAD - The chief prosecutor is offering a reward of 5,000 florins for the golden tip that will lead to the arrest of the suspect Milanchelo Trinidad (30) in connection with the violent death of a bouncer at Olde Mill on December 7th. Milanchelo Nelson Antonio Trinidad, also known by his alias 'Yellow', was born on May 7, 1985 in Bonaire and living in Aruba. He is suspected to have early on Monday morning fired shots at nightclub The Olde Mill, where a doorman was killed and another seriously injured. If you have information that may lead to the solution of this matter, please contact the Aruba Police Force. You can call Detective Muller detective Shaba North at telephone number 563-5391. You can also call the hotline at 11 141 and your message and data will be record. You will be called back.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

12-15-2015, 04:12 PM #12
gaby

That Rona cracks me up. Are you sure she's not from Jersey???? Where is the Old Mill?

12-15-2015, 04:24 PM #13
Aruba4ever

Thanks for the info. I hope the catch him and drag him in the streets back to jail, and then they should throw away the key. 5 years for murder is a JOKE!!!!

12-15-2015, 04:26 PM #14
smoki

We were there and even got a little lost in San Nicolas. It is sad all around but really sad for Aruba.......

12-15-2015, 04:36 PM #15
Andrea J.

the windmill is next to the Mill resort.....and on a section of road kind of perpendicular to the hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    That Rona cracks me up. Are you sure she's not from Jersey???? Where is the Old Mill?

12-15-2015, 04:40 PM #16
CK1

She is from Tel Aviv, Israel.

12-15-2015, 04:43 PM #17
WaltVB

So this happened a week ago? You know, I want to appreciate everyone trying to insulate me from the everyday occurrences on the island. Unfortunately I can't. I think I would like to know about this kind of thing especially if I was on the island at the time it happens. And as far as "freaking me out", please let me decide if that is the response I choose with regards to the information. If it's a fact, tell me please. Just the way I feel, I don't mean to step on any toes.

12-15-2015, 05:01 PM #18
~Amy~®

Where is the Old Mill?
    The Old Mill Bar is located at the large red windmill (3rd floor). It's an after hours club that plays alot of house music and usually goes on until sunrise.

12-15-2015, 05:55 PM #19
Retagger

This past weekend, I hosted a barbecue of many officers of all ranks at my home (I do this at least once per year) and they were telling me some horror stories of what is occurring in Aruba. The officers want to do their jobs, but their hands are tied. The suspects have too many rights. They are tired of arresting these bad guys only too be let out a short time later. Being in law enforcement for 25+ years myself, I know they are frustrated.

Last edited by Retagger; 12-15-2015 at 06:13 PM.

12-15-2015, 06:08 PM #20
cindyo

You amaze me, how is it that your finger is on the pulse of everything???!!!
    i hardly have time to pack....
    youve got the road maps down pat, route numbers , where people are from!!
    hats off to you��
    You're our Rona.... No offense meant��
    when in doubt you'll have the answers for us.... TY in advance❤️

QUOTE=CK1;287397]She is from Tel Aviv, Israel. [/QUOTE]

Last edited by cindyo; 12-15-2015 at 06:11 PM.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/shooting-bouncer-65289/index3.html

12-15-2015, 06:09 PM #21
schexc

I agree and understand your sentiment. I have to question what the vacated tourist is suppose to do, when it seems like the infrastructure as a whole, wants to keep these type of crimes as well as others to themselves, protecting the tourism industry that keeps them afloat. Word will get out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    So this happened a week ago? You know, I want to appreciate everyone trying to insulate me from the everyday occurrences on the island. Unfortunately I can't. I think I would like to know about this kind of thing especially if I was on the island at the time it happens. And as far as "freaking me out", please let me decide if that is the response I choose with regards to the information. If it's a fact, tell me please. Just the way I feel, I don't mean to step on any toes.

12-15-2015, 06:11 PM #22
gaby

well that sounds like here. I use to get frustrated. we'd have defendants with rap sheets so long you could wallpaper your living room & they'd get a slap on the wrist.

its not just Aruba but unfortunately Aruba is small and depends on tourists as their bread & butter. that is not the case here in the states. so their problem is more serious because if they don't get it in check, people will go elsewhere, that's just a fact.

12-15-2015, 06:26 PM #23
ricky59

He was a friend with my son, joey.
    Worked at Gusto and the mill.. nice kid..

I've said it for years, the youth of the island idolize american thugs, it's sickening...

Many of the young locals don't want to work in hotels, they usually start as contractors,
    being paid just over 5.00 an hour. can't blame them.

A contract employee by law, has to be offered full time after 9 months.
    they never get hired!!!!!!

In the early years of the expansion of aruba, that generation of youth wanted those hotel jobs.
    that's not the same mindset today, with all the different cultures on the island, beginning
    to have major ramifications, theft, drug addiction, illegals and on and on..

12-15-2015, 06:27 PM #24
ricky59
    Just for the record, many at the mill after hour club are americans

12-15-2015, 06:38 PM #25
CK1

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    He was a friend with my son, joey.
    Worked at Gusto and the mill.. nice kid..

I've said it for years, the youth of the island idolize american thugs, it's sickening...

Many of the young locals don't want to work in hotels, they usually start as contractors,
    being paid just over 5.00 an hour. can't blame them.

A contract employee by law, has to be offered full time after 9 months.
    they never get hired!!!!!!

In the early years of the expansion of aruba, that generation of youth wanted those hotel jobs.
    that's not the same mindset today, with all the different cultures on the island, beginning
    to have major ramifications, theft, drug addiction, illegals and on and on..
    It's sad if he grew up in Aruba. In my mind it's still a little paradise.

I wished he would just be a punk. But he crossed the line an committed some serious crimes by killing and seriously wounding people. The bouncer he killed was a nice young kid.

Thanks for the explanation. I wished there were a solution for the young people who are at risk going down that road.

12-15-2015, 06:57 PM #26
Jacki

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post

Unfortunately it's the same here in America. There are many kids who idolize the wrong people - whether they be actors, sports stars, politicians or just the plain ol thugs

12-15-2015, 07:13 PM #27
CK1

Here is a photo of the victim: Aldwin Dabian

http://www.diario.aw/2015/12/michela...aldwin-dabian/

And the article from Diario dated 8 December 2015:

http://www.diario.aw/2015/12/michela...di-olde-molen/

12-16-2015, 07:51 AM #30
vallond

Really sad to hear about the shooting and loss of life of a young person on Aruba. I don't understand how someone who committed murder only had to serve five years? When he should still be in prison for another twenty years. Law enforcement on the island really needs to clamp down on criminals, maybe set up road blocks into and out of San Nicholas to find Yellow, or conduct a sweep through the area. I remember someone once telling me that the murder rate on Aruba has always been low, that fatalities from vehicular accidents far outweigh murder rates. Either way, something needs to be done quickly before the tourism trade is affected.

As for the young people of the island becoming enthralled with the American lifestyle that they see on tv, movies and in music videos; someone needs to sit them down and tell them that, "It's all make believe!" That if they really want to attain or achieve the finer things in life that they will have to work for it, that anything worth earning does not happen overnight. They also need to understand the importance of tourism to their island and why lawlessness can lead to declining numbers. Fingers crossed!!

As for Rhona, she does not mince words!! I always look forward to her articles. Hard to believe that she is from Israel and not New Jersey or Queens NY.

Last edited by vallond; 12-16-2015 at 08:00 AM.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/shooting-bouncer-65289/index4.html

12-16-2015, 07:31 PM #31
WaltVB

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I agree and understand your sentiment. I have to question what the vacated tourist is suppose to do, when it seems like the infrastructure as a whole, wants to keep these type of crimes as well as others to themselves, protecting the tourism industry that keeps them afloat. Word will get out eventually.
    Well, I'm more than a little upset that Aruba tries to hide these facts. I live in a resort town, but anyone can go online or watch the news and see the amount of crimes committed on a daily basis here. I'm not proud of it, and I wish I could apologize to everyone who considers our town for vacation and experiences the things like Gaby and others have had happen to them while on vacation in Aruba. We went to Aruba our first time after that girl nobody speaks about disappeared. We still thought it was safe and have felt that way over the years. Now, maybe not so much. It's sad, but if this is the way the authorities in Aruba want to do business, there are a lot of other places to go on vacation... Costa Rica, Belize, Phuket anyone?? Sorry, I'm venting at y'alls expense, I'm stepping of the soapbox now Again, no offense to anyone...

12-16-2015, 08:28 PM #35
Aruba4ever

There are murders that happen everywhere. I think we all freak out (me included) when we realize that our wonderful Island of Aruba,that we all consider paradise, is a little closer to our every day reality than we care to admit. I typically don't do many things in Aruba that I would not do at home, with the exception of walking home at 3:30 am with a grand in my pocket coming back from the casino

12-16-2015, 08:31 PM #36
Aruba4ever

Those stats are alarming! I would not be caught "dead" in Belize- lol.

12-16-2015, 08:34 PM #37
Aruba4ever

No offense. I get Walts point. If Aruba becomes like many of the other islands...people will find somewhere else to go and spend their hard earned cash. Me, I am getting ready to blow a whole bunch of it later tonight if/when I pull the trigger and book when of the last rooms on the island for New Years...wow is it crazy expensive!

12-16-2015, 09:23 PM #39
Andrea J.

Please make sure that topics stay on track.

This thread/topic is about the Olde Molen employee being killed and another employee being critically injured and the thug/perp in hiding.

It is not about Natalee, Costa Rica, Belize or the rampant crime elsewhere in the world.
    I do not want this thread to go so far off topic that we forget the topic, and the negativity and volatility that this topic
    lamentably expounds. It is so very sad.

Also, with respect to all, please, no "dead horse beating"

Now, back to diaper duty as i am typing with a 17 day old baby snuggled in the crook of my arm

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: December 23, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »

http://batibleki.visitaruba.com/bati-bleki-weekly-recap/bati-bleki-weekly-recap-december-14th-2015/

FORMAL APOLOGY TO FORMER MINISTER RUDY CROES. When Rudy Croes was the minister of Justice he was the punch-line of a lot of jokes, boy, how we used to make fun of him, left, right and middle, criticize his traditional views, his old fashioned ways, and that was just for starters, you know what I mean because you were one of the culprits, laughing your head off every time he came up with a silly rule, and pulled back the public’s free reign. Well, I am hereby apologizing to the Minister for our bad behavior because in retrospect, he was a competent Minister of Justice, we didn’t like everything he had to say, but we had a good thing going as far as public safety, and security. Sure, I like everything about MinJust, his elegant ways and his groomed and cultured demeanor, HOWEVER, I do not like anything I read in the news these days, and nothing I see in the street, and I live in a bubble, so I see very little, but I resent the fact that he does not act again RHD cars, that he does not act against illegal Venezuelan trade – PS the island struggled with 40,387 entrepreneurial Venezuelans last month, that he did not institute the beach policy, and that he cannot impose law and order in one, I repeat just one nigh-clubbing zone, the hell hole we used to call the Olde Molen. Show us a sign that you are alive, demonstrate that you are in charge. You have the resources and you are capable, so please live up to your job requirement, or call Rudy Croes back from retirement!

http://batibleki.visitaruba.com/8am-buzz/im-seeing-red-looking-for-yellow/

December 14, 2015
Author Rona 8am buzz

I’M SEEING RED, LOOKING FOR YELLOW.

It’s been too long. I feel offended as a law-abiding citizen of this country to have this low-life Milanchelo Nelson Antonio Trenidad still walking the streets. The Police should mobilized more resources, organize a never-before man-hunt, and find that needle in our haystack. Aruba is the size of a small village in the Netherlands. How difficult can it possibly be to find someone as colorful and obnoxious as Yellow. You can start by questioning all those stupid adoring females, cooing sweet nothings on his Facebook page. And round up all these other idiots he considers his hood niggas, his bras, his soldiers, his mafia, his OTF’s, Only The Family. Please let me talk to them. I am a mother. I know how to investigate a case, and how to give a thorough third-degree interrogation. We must locate that man, and put him behind bars, so that he understands that his perception as to who rules the streets in mistaken. We really owe it to ourselves to find him, in order to restore our own self-respect. At the 96.5FM radio station yesterday morning, I questioned his crooked, arthritic hands. He is always seen in pictures fingers twisted like pretzels. Then the great DJ Vibe explained to me the Tupac Shakur-wannabe syndrome, that he is flashing the LA WestSide hand-signal, W, with his fingers. Wow, I was astounded, what has that got to do with Aruba? It just seems an empty gesture here, in imitation of another era. I went to his Facebook page motivated by great curiosity. How can one grow up in Aruba in such a sunny, gentle environment, only to become a criminal. And I don’t want to assume the guilt for his growing up, because society is so cruel, or so indifferent. It is not. So how does one grow up here to become a total f*** up? An insecure, loud-mouth wanker with nothing to show but a bad attitude?! I don’t know. But, don’t you think that all that body paint, and the fifteen skull tattoos fooled me. The bravado did not throw me off. I know who you are. A scared little boy, yearning for love and acceptance, going about it with a defiant facial expression, that’s all a cover up, for a tiny wiener, an absent dad, a distracted mom, and fools for friends.

If she really wants to know, maybe she should ask Anita.  

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #666 on: December 28, 2015, 05:20:56 PM »

http://linkis.com/conservativetribune.com/BAANe

Inside edition is supposed to have something new about Natalee this evening per Dave Holloway

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: December 28, 2015, 07:14:35 PM »

Inside edition is supposed to have something new about Natalee this evening per Dave Holloway

Thank you OSPainter!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: January 03, 2016, 12:35:44 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153721887338433&set=a.138695363432.102804.774408432&type=3&theater

Randall Kenneth Jones
Yesterday near Naples, FL ·

My interview with Natalee Holloway's mother Beth Holloway was truly unforgettable yesterday. Wishing I were with Kevin Jones and Maribeth Jones today....

Pictures at the link:

http://www.naplesnews.com/columnists/business/business-class-finding-strength---and-a-message---in-tragedy-280c834f-565a-5068-e053-0100007f4b18-363986471.html

BUSINESS CLASS
Beth Holloway: Finding strength — and a message — in tragedy

By Randall Kenneth Jones Posted: Yesterday 11:58 a.m.

Achieving success at one's life's work doesn't necessarily lead to a burgeoning income. Nevertheless, what does come in can provide much greater value — a connection to our hearts.

Or, in the case of Beth and Natalee Holloway, the hearts of millions around the world.

At one time, Beth Holloway was a public school speech pathologist for children with special needs and a devoted mother of two. She lived a self-described "quiet, somewhat uneventful life" just outside Birmingham, Alabama. All of this would soon change — under the worst possible circumstances.

In the summer of 2005, Beth's daughter Natalee disappeared on the last night of her senior high graduation trip to Aruba.

The exhaustive search and widespread media coverage made Natalee Holloway a household name. Now living every parent's nightmare, Beth Holloway was thrust out of her Alabamian comfort zone and into the public eye.

As part of her unrelenting search for Natalee, Beth Holloway has been interviewed by countless national and international media. Even Barbara Walters selected her as one of the most fascinating people in 2005.

Although a primary suspect in Natalee's disappearance has long been identified, his name has been intentionally omitted. It's a gross misuse of ink — and justice — to add fuel to his self-perpetuating, attention-starved fire.

Natalee Holloway was declared legally dead in 2012. Her whereabouts is still unknown.

For Beth Holloway, her unexpected life's work may have been tragic in its origin; however, today, business as usual is about as personal as you can get.

"I found myself asking — since I've been a teacher and an educator — what can I do for others? What can I teach others from our tragic life?" says Holloway. "I made the commitment early on in 2005 that I would share Natalee's story in hopes that others can learn how to endure in the face of adversity."

Once a teacher, always a teacher.

Holloway has most assuredly kept that promise. She has delivered her message of hope, faith and personal safety to thousands across the country and recently served as the keynote speaker at the Power of the Purse event hosted by the Women's Foundation of Collier County.

"It was cathartic in the beginning, but I think that's a normal process," suggests Holloway. "For the last eight years, it's been personally rewarding and fulfilling to me to deliver the personal safety message to our young adults. It's very heartwarming to see that Natalee's story makes a difference in their lives — even though many are too young to remember it."

However, to spend one-on-one time with Holloway — to hold her gaze as she discusses her beautiful daughter's hopes, dreams, charm and appeal — is equal parts uplifting and shattering. You feel your heart continue to break, one little piece at a time.

Beth Holloway's life's work is a celebration of all things Natalee — complete with the "what was" in shared equal billing with the "what could have been." A tragedy of a very different kind would emerge if Natalee Holloway, the person, got lost in Natalee Holloway, the story.

"She wanted to go to medical school," recalls Holloway. "I have no doubt she would have made it. She had big plans for her life. She was going to the University of Alabama. She was very disciplined and driven. She had an amazing network of friends. She had an amazing balance in her life."

This interview was easily the most challenging of my career. Mental images of a would-be Dr. Natalee Holloway — juxtaposed against the faces of my own two twenty-something children — created a cerebral rebellion that mocked my ability to focus, to comprehend.

In time my course of action became clear: Assist Beth Holloway in paying it forward — to tell the story of her noble mission. To honor Natalee, her family and the millions who continue to support — and learn from — Natalee's legacy.

Is there a more compelling reason to advocate for the education, welfare and safety of others? To look outside ourselves for purpose, fulfillment and courage — for our life's work?

"There are a lot of transitions that you make in your journey," says Holloway. "For me, there was a transition for victim to victor. You begin to redefine yourself and your life."

For those who have faced any kind of adversity, the spirit of this message could not be more universal.

Regardless of how you choose to learn about — and celebrate — Natalee Holloway: through news updates, "Loving Natalee" (Beth Holloway's best-selling book and subsequent Lifetime movie) or by experiencing Beth Holloway at the podium, Natalee's beloved mother's all-too-personal objective is quite simple: "Each person will take away a little piece of hope that will be applicable in their life."

Even in its profound simplicity, could there be a loftier goal?

As we embark upon a brand new year — one with limitless new possibilities — please keep Natalee Holloway close to your heart.

Her indefatigable mother, Beth Holloway, has provided us with a New Year's Resolution guaranteed to stand the test of time: the ultimate act of "class" — business or otherwise — is to work on behalf of others.

For more information, visit the Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC) at helpthemissing.org. For more on marketer, speaker and writer Randall Kenneth Jones, visit RandallKennethJones.com.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: January 03, 2016, 12:45:37 AM »

I've noticed several recent shares on FB, but they link to the articles from May 2015.  Nothing new, so far from what I can tell.  But thanks for the heads up!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: January 13, 2016, 05:56:36 PM »

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107568

Nuge    
 Post subject: Re: Island seems much more quiet
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:47 am
Extra Helpful Expert

Mark my words, when Cuba really opens the doors to American tourist Aruba will take an even bigger hit. With the airfare and rooms so high, the island changing, crime up, people will start looking elsewhere.

For example, people from the NYC area can get to Cuba in 3 hours for a lot less than the 5/12-6 hour flight to Aruba. Add in Cuba will not be as Americanized as quickly as say Aruba has and you will have paradise a lot closer to home with Cuba still stuck in the 50/60's.

That being said, my family and relatives own up to 10 weeks in Aruba and Aruba will always be our 2nd home and paradise, just not the same, that's all.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: February 08, 2016, 11:15:27 PM »

http://www.dagelijksestandaard.nl/2016/02/vader-natalee-holloway-laat-joran-maar-lekker-wegrotten-in-peru/

Google translation

Father Natalee Holloway: Let Joran but tasty rot in Peru!
By Michael van der Galien February 8, 2016

The Natalee Holloway's father did not want to ditch all sorts of stories of Joran van der. For him Joran should tasty rot in his Peruvian jail.

Last Saturday against Joran told The Associated Press that he will find the time to open about the disappearance of Natalee. Many people - including Natalee's parents - are convinced that Joran killed her and then hiding her body. Joran has always denied publicly, but at the same time he indicated that he certainly knew a thing or two from.

This weekend he made it clearer than ever before:

"After all my lies and deceit, it is now time for the truth."

By giving openness Joran hopes that he spent the rest of his sentence may serve in the Netherlands, where the stay is much better than a prisoner in Peru. Since life in prison has always been heavy, but certainly for Joran; he's stuck in one of the most notorious prisons in the country and is absolutely hated by his fellow prisoners. So he was stabbed once already and he sits on an isolated ward.

Natalee's father has suddenly Joran why disclosure would give and there absolutely no patience with it:

"He can stay there and rot."

One of the reasons that Natalee's father did not want to make a deal with Joran is that he does not believe the Dutch psychopath finally wants to be really honest. He can see already done that Joran is brought to the Netherlands, but eventually reveals that his "confession" is the greatest nonsense.

RoxiBalboa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #672 on: February 13, 2016, 09:13:43 AM »

There were a few articles in Dutch recently. I'm not that great at translating but to me one seemed to say that Peru no longer lets prisoners go after serving 2/3 of sentence. Now Joran is boohooing because he has to "sit for another 22 years" and the other prisoners want to kill him.

Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: February 13, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »

There were a few articles in Dutch recently. I'm not that great at translating but to me one seemed to say that Peru no longer lets prisoners go after serving 2/3 of sentence. Now Joran is boohooing because he has to "sit for another 22 years" and the other prisoners want to kill him.

I came across an article that might have some of the information that you mentioned.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: February 13, 2016, 11:54:58 AM »

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/buitenland/1.2565684

Google translation

Joran van der Sloot to talk in exchange for a transfer
Sat 02/06/2016 - 10:13 Sandra Cardoen

Joran van der Sloot in Peru is serving a prison sentence of 28 years for the murder of Stephany Flores, will provide full disclosure about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. But this openness will not just get there. "I want to make a deal with justice," Van der Sloot said in an exclusive interview with The Associated Press.

The 28-year-old Dutchman is serving in the Challapalca prison. "The legislation in Peru has recently changed, so that the usual one-third remission no law but has become a favor. That favor will never be granted me here, which means I have to sit 22 more years," Van der explains Sloot in the conversation out. He also stressed that he is "not in paradise" and that "other inmates to murder him."

Van der Sloot therefore wants to leave the Peruvian prison. And you can. The Netherlands has a treaty with Peru for two years that the transfer of criminal sentences makes it possible. Van der Sloot will therefore throw a deal. He promises to tell the truth about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Before his transfer, Van der Sloot already written letters to the Dutch Embassy in Peru and to the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. But are there no response would come on. "After all my lies and deception is time for the truth," says Van der Sloot.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: February 13, 2016, 01:31:32 PM »

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/boulevard/crime/joran-moet-met-meer-komen-dan-de-waarheid

Google translation

February 9, 2016 11:30
"Joran must be more than the truth '

At the table with Humberto Tan in RTL Late Night says John van den Heuvel on his interview with Joran van der Sloot in the notorious Challapalka prison in Peru. Joran indicated in that conversation in exchange for a deal with the Dutch judiciary to want to tell the truth about Natalee Holloway. We now know that Joran it so far has not taken so closely with "the truth". Beth Twitty, mother of Natalee Holloway is therefore extremely skeptical.

"He must be more than the truth," said Beth, through Peter R. de Vries, also at the table with Humberto. Peter spoke Beth Twitty last weekend following the story of John van den Heuvel in the Telegraph and RTL Boulevard. "It must be tangible what he says, and verifiable."

calculating
Peter does not believe that Joran has become a different person in the icy prison, as the Dutchman claims convicted of murder itself. "I doubt it, and Beth too. You should also look at what he says not to. If he repents, he does not say that the mother of Natalee finally learns the truth. No, he says, if I can, I am ready to tell my story to the Netherlands. That's exactly the calculated Joran we have known for years, who thinks of himself, and then anything for a while and then there might be someone else. "

Prosecution
John van den Heuvel says Joran does have released a number of verifiable cases. "This weekend I about had contact with the Public Prosecutor in the Antilles, there are to be weighed now."

Ocean
Peter does not think Natalee ever found. "I think the scenario where he dumped her in the ocean. We'll never find anything. It is there 2 kilometers deep "he concludes." If you really are a different person and you're sorry: let it not depend on whether you can serve your sentence in the Netherlands, but be a man and get your story . "

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: February 15, 2016, 11:21:56 AM »

Illustrious, really?   

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1012/Nederland/article/detail/4237746/2016/02/03/Kleuterbrief-van-Joran-van-der-Sloot-duikt-op.dhtml

Google translation:

Toddler Letter of Joran van der Sloot emerges

By: Mark den Blanken
3-2-16 - 16:27

Social media is a striking photograph of a young Joran surfaced. The illustrious Dutchman, who is currently in a prison sentence of 28 years is for the murder of Stephany Flores, stood as a young boy under the heading One Laughing toddler magazine Bobo.

In the letter of the five-year-old Joran state: ,, Dear Bobo, I live for more than a year in Aruba. It is an island far from the Netherlands. My grandmother gave me a subscription to the Bobo. So now I get your blade every time the mail. Greetings from Joran van der Sloot. " Joran (28) remained beneficial for years to live in Aruba, where he is suspected of involvement ended in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Millions of Dutch see a broadcast of Peter R. de Vries where he was in a car admits being behind the disappearance. There seems not enough evidence, but he is still arrested on June 3, 2010 for the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores .

http://www.lindanieuws.nl/nieuws/bekend/joran-van-der-sloot-in-1992-als-klein-droppie-in-de-bobo/

Google translation:

Joran van der Sloot as "cutie" in Bobo doing the rounds on Facebook

Joran van der Sloot - convicted of murder - is not known as a sweetie. But that was-he ever did. According to the letter in an old edition of kindergarten leaf Bobo that is shared on Facebook.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016, 11:52 pm

Under the heading 'Laughing One "of the infant magazine to read the letter from the then five-year-old Joran.

gift
"Best Bobo, I live for more than a year in Aruba. It is an island far from the Netherlands. My grandmother gave me a subscription to the Bobo. So now I get your blade every time the mail. Greetings from Joran van der Sloot, "so Joran wrote at the time.

Screenshot 2016-02-03 at 11:35:14

killer
Joran van der Sloot (28) is currently in Peru imprisonment of 28 years for the murder and robbery of Peruvian Stephany Flores. He still suspected of the murder of American Natalee Holloway.

Original facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/niels.drievoortwaalf/posts/798669803572530

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: February 15, 2016, 11:28:50 AM »

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/article/detail/4239347/2016/02/05/Joran-van-der-Sloot-kwijnt-weg-in-middeleeuwse-kerker.dhtml

Google translation:

"Joran van der Sloot languishes in medieval dungeon '

Edited by: Suzanne Borgdorff
5-2-16 - 19:18

It goes badly with Joran van der Sloot, who is serving a prison sentence of 28 years since 2012 for the murder and robbery of Peruvian Stephany Flores. According crime reporter John van den Heuvel, who visited Van der Sloot in the maximum security Challapalca prison in Peru, the killer is emaciated and mentally bad shape.

Joran has really taken off a jacket. But the man has done terrible things
John van den Heuvel

Van den Heuvel, who by Van der Sloot himself was approached, made ​​from Bolivia to Amsterdam a stopover in Lima and then to Arequipa. The trip to Challapalca, which is nearly 5,000 meters above sea level lies near the border with Bolivia, attacked him dirty against, he says in RTL Boulevard . ,, I spent six hours in a van, it was a crazy ride. "" Life between the prison walls is heavy. ,, It is freezing cold and extremely secure. It is reminiscent of a medieval dungeon, '' says Van den Heuvel. Leny, Peruvian friend of Van der Sloot was in the interview, which lasted an hour, was present. Despite the hardships, the crime reporter not pity the 28-year-old Van der Sloot, who is still suspected of involvement in the disappearance of the American Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005. ,, Joran has really taken off a jacket. But the man has done terrible things. "" Self-awareness Van der Sloot was transferred in August 2014 to the Piedras Gordas prison in the Peruvian capital to the prison. The transfer was in accordance with the prison authority INPE due to the bad behavior of Van der Sloot. So he would have had include access to a smartphone. Van den Heuvel: ,, He has nothing, no phone and TV. However, he reads books. Which have given him self-understanding. '' Most Van den Heuvel has stayed the upheaval of the Dutchman, he says. The reporter now has some information that he wants to tighten. ,, Because Joran can lie flatly. But because he wants to leave, the time must come when he tells the truth. There he is close to it. "" Stabbed Van der Sloot brought out in November 2014 that he was stabbed in Challapalca. Inmates would hope in his closed by the publicity about that incident, the controversial detention center. The prison authorities then suggested the Dutchman would have injured themselves in order to draw attention to his own case.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: February 15, 2016, 01:26:03 PM »

In looking around there were also a couple reports of Joran committing suicide last week, that included pictures of his dead body.  The memorial was supposed to take place the following Wednesday in Amsterdam.

"Spoof" sites from what I've gathered, nothing reputable.

Anything for attention...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:30:22 PM by texasmom » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: February 16, 2016, 04:48:16 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.