March 18, 2024, 11:12:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1618363 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2015, 02:07:30 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2015, 02:39:14 PM »

http://www.wral.com/raleigh-woman-friend-stranded-in-aruba-after-atv-accident/14582135/

Raleigh woman, friend stranded in Aruba after ATV accident
Posted April 14

RALEIGH, N.C. — A Raleigh woman and her friend are finally able to return home after an ATV accident left them stranded at a hospital in Aruba.

Kenya Dukes and Deana Kennedy left for Aruba on Thursday to celebrate Kennedy's 35th birthday.

"We thought we were coming for four days to lay in the sun, but that's just not what happened," Kennedy said.

While in Aruba, the two friends decided to go on an ATV tour, but after a few minutes the adventure turned dangerous.

"We were probably six minutes into the ride when the steering component got stuck," Kennedy said. "I was thrown off. I hit my hip on the ground and I rolled."

Kennedy broke her pelvis and had to undergo emergency surgery.

"What we didn't realize is that I can't get on a plane. I can't sit up," Kennedy said.

According to doctors, Kennedy will need an air ambulance to return home to the U.S. The cost is estimated at $34,000 and an additional $22,000 is needed for the hospital bill.

"Here on the Aruba side they won't accept my insurance," she said.

According to travel agent Nicole Bass, it is not uncommon for travelers to find themselves abroad with unexpected medical expenses.

"Your normal medical insurance doesn't cover you when you leave the country," Bass said.

"Always have travel insurance. Do not leave the country, don't go to Canada, don't go to the Virgin Islands, nowhere without travel insurance," Kennedy said.

Dukes and Kennedy said they will spend Tuesday night in Aruba but plan to arrive back in the U.S. on Wednesday.

(in the video the reporter says they weren't able to leave because they still didn't have the funds)

Hopefully, they're home now! 

http://www.gofundme.com/rn8bkc

BALTIMORE, MD MEDICAL
$9,950 of $20k

Created April 11, 2015
Nicolle Randolph

Hello, my name is Nicolle Randolph and Deana Kennedy is my sister-in-law.  Over the weekend Deana was in a horrific  ATV accident in Aruba which resulted in emergency surgery due to internal injuries.  Our family is reaching out to friends and family for financial support.  In order for Deana to be released from Aruba her hospital bill must addressed and satisfied.  The regulations in Aruba do not accept U.S.  Health Insurance,  please help with whatever you can. 

May God bless you for your prays and support. 

What Obamacare doesn't cover medical claims in Aruba? 

So Aruba is not letting these people leave without paying their bill? How are they going to come up with $20K for hospital bills. Obviously, once they leave Aruba, the hospital will have no recourse in ever getting the $'s. So they are captive on Aruba until the bill is paid? REALLY?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2015, 03:51:36 PM »

http://www.wral.com/raleigh-woman-friend-stranded-in-aruba-after-atv-accident/14582135/

Raleigh woman, friend stranded in Aruba after ATV accident
Posted April 14

RALEIGH, N.C. — A Raleigh woman and her friend are finally able to return home after an ATV accident left them stranded at a hospital in Aruba.

Kenya Dukes and Deana Kennedy left for Aruba on Thursday to celebrate Kennedy's 35th birthday.

"We thought we were coming for four days to lay in the sun, but that's just not what happened," Kennedy said.

While in Aruba, the two friends decided to go on an ATV tour, but after a few minutes the adventure turned dangerous.

"We were probably six minutes into the ride when the steering component got stuck," Kennedy said. "I was thrown off. I hit my hip on the ground and I rolled."

Kennedy broke her pelvis and had to undergo emergency surgery.

"What we didn't realize is that I can't get on a plane. I can't sit up," Kennedy said.

According to doctors, Kennedy will need an air ambulance to return home to the U.S. The cost is estimated at $34,000 and an additional $22,000 is needed for the hospital bill.

"Here on the Aruba side they won't accept my insurance," she said.

According to travel agent Nicole Bass, it is not uncommon for travelers to find themselves abroad with unexpected medical expenses.

"Your normal medical insurance doesn't cover you when you leave the country," Bass said.

"Always have travel insurance. Do not leave the country, don't go to Canada, don't go to the Virgin Islands, nowhere without travel insurance," Kennedy said.

Dukes and Kennedy said they will spend Tuesday night in Aruba but plan to arrive back in the U.S. on Wednesday.

(in the video the reporter says they weren't able to leave because they still didn't have the funds)

Hopefully, they're home now! 

http://www.gofundme.com/rn8bkc

BALTIMORE, MD MEDICAL
$9,950 of $20k

Created April 11, 2015
Nicolle Randolph

Hello, my name is Nicolle Randolph and Deana Kennedy is my sister-in-law.  Over the weekend Deana was in a horrific  ATV accident in Aruba which resulted in emergency surgery due to internal injuries.  Our family is reaching out to friends and family for financial support.  In order for Deana to be released from Aruba her hospital bill must addressed and satisfied.  The regulations in Aruba do not accept U.S.  Health Insurance,  please help with whatever you can. 

May God bless you for your prays and support. 

What Obamacare doesn't cover medical claims in Aruba? 

So Aruba is not letting these people leave without paying their bill? How are they going to come up with $20K for hospital bills. Obviously, once they leave Aruba, the hospital will have no recourse in ever getting the $'s. So they are captive on Aruba until the bill is paid? REALLY?

And how much did extra days in the hospital/hotel etc. cost them because they weren't allowed to leave?

Seems like it could be a vicious cycle to me.  You don't have the money, but the cost is only going up every day?!!!

From what I hear Obamacare doesn't cover most medical claims here either!   Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »

I think this is an article about the accident.  Pictures at the link.

http://www.awe24.com/20150411/21457/2_Dama_turista_riba_quadracer_seriamente_herida_den_un_accidente_frontal_na

Papiamentu translation:

2 lady tourist on quadracer seriamente injury in one accidente frontal at sabana pound

14 day happen come across, 11 of april 2015 08:38 seccion: incidente

diasabra morning owing to enter informe of one accidente cu person injury at sabana pound, at once owing to dirigi tanto police cu ambulance at the sitio. at arrival of the patrol owing to come compronde cu here is deal of one accidente where 2 lady tourist coriendo on one quadracer owing to descend caminda y hour owing to bay lever bek owing to bay till another near of caminda y just at the momentonan ey was come trafico of direccion contrario. the chofer of the car owing to brake y try desvia but the impacto was in-evitable. both lady owing to resulta injury y was throw on the asphalt y kehando of dolor. at arrival of the 2 ambulansnan they owing to atende the damanan y owing to transporta they cu urgencia for hospital.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2015, 04:00:27 PM »

I think this says that Greta, Beth, and John Kelly were recently in Aruba filming a special for the 10th anniversary of Natalee's disappearance.

http://www.noticiacla.com/news/2546

Papiamentu translation:

beth holloway at aruba for 10 aniversario desaparicion of his child
posted on 03/23/2015 12:43 am ast | updated on 03/23/2015 1:03 am ast

oranjestad – conocido presentadora of television mericano greta van susteren y his equipo of grabacion for fox news, was at aruba during the week cu owing to happen. motibo of his visit, was for graba one ‘special’ on the of 10 aniversario of desaparicion of natalee holloway. van susteren not owing to come his only, but together cune (aunke not on the same avion) had mother of natalee, esta beth holloway y the advocate. they owing to arrive aruba diabierna y owing to go back merca diadomingo. during the dianan cu owing to happen, they owing to repasa the momentonan of 10 year happen, visit some lugar y haci the respectivo entrevistanan. suseso aboriginal van susteren was one of esnan cu owing to live cu the storia hour cu the la sosode 10 year happen (na mei) y owing to stay on dje for enough time. one year after the la haci one special of 1 hour of ‘e year despues’. the trip here the la opta for rebiba the storia, y recorda cu is 10 year happen cu this owing to sosode, y the impacto cu the had tanto on the family mericano because; the island of aruba. holloway y vd sloot for thing is holloway, the not owing to achieve mucho good fama at aruba debi at declaracionan cu the la haci during his estadia inicial at aruba. this owing to haci cu much aruban not can owing to soporta the person y owing to publicamente percura for let this become conoci. self instant the sospechoso principal of the caso here, joran vd sloot also not owing to stay keto y during curso of the añanan owing to hinca his self in more problem, y because; consecuencia, is sintando one castigo of jail of much year at peru, for asesinato of one lady peruana. but for thing is the caso of aruba self, vd sloot never not owing to wordo sentencia, although the is stay the sospechoso principal. come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2015, 04:52:34 PM »

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2015/04/11/with-beth-holloway-recently-in-aruba-yes-i-am-still-working-on-that-story/

4/11/15 at 11:52 am

With Beth Holloway recently in Aruba … yes, I am still working on that story

It has been 10 years since Natalee Holloway disappeared.  I went back to Aruba recently to continue to try to find out what happened.  The pics below were taken on my recent trip.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2015, 05:26:04 PM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/sfl-88aruba.jpg-photo.html

Greta Van Susteren cleans up in Aruba Fox News reporter Greta Van Susteren, left, approaches Beth Holloway Twitty, center, mother of missing teen Natalee Holloway, in Oranjestad, Aruba, in this June 22, 2005 photo. Twitty, a 44-year-old speech therapist, has played a major role in making her 18-year-old daughter's disappearance one of the most closely watched news stories in the United States for more than a month. (AP/ Leslie Mazoch)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2015, 06:24:22 PM »

This is the best news, I'm so happy for Beth and the joy in her life.  And congratulations to Matt too!   

Happy tears!   

Go read the whole article, it was very hard for me to snip anything so if I didn't snip enough Klaas, please fix it for me.

http://b-metro.com/findingpeace/19751/

Beth Holloway: 10 years after her daughter’s disappearance, Beth Holloway has reclaimed her life.

Written by Andy McWhorter

Photography by Liesa Cole

Over the past decade, Beth Holloway’s path through life has taken the kind of turns that few people will ever be expected to face.

After her daughter Natalee’s disappearance in Aruba in 2005, Holloway became a determined mother who persevered through years of uncertainty in search of answers and justice. She became an impassioned public speaker, spreading her family’s story across the nation to anyone who would listen, in the hopes that it might prevent another family from going through the same ordeal as her own. In 2010, she once again came face-to-face with Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch national who had been the prime suspect in Natalee’s disappearance, when he tried to extort thousands of dollars from her before fleeing to Peru, where he killed another young woman.

Given the hardship Holloway and her family have faced since 2005, the terms she uses to describe her life today might be surprising: peaceful, joyful, happy. “I’m in a place where I’m moving onward and upward,” Holloway says. “I’m not ‘over’ anything, because you don’t get over the loss of a loved one, but you do begin to move on. There’s never closure, because it’s never over. But you do begin to find joy and peace and happiness.”

That joy, she says, has not come easy. “When you lose a loved one, you feel like you lose part of your family,” she says. “You do, you lose your family, you lose the life that you once knew and loved. That life is gone. So you’re looking at redefining and rebuilding and reclaiming a new life.” Recovering from Natalee’s disappearance, she says, has been a matter of redefining and rebuilding. It’s taken 10 years and a lot of fight from Holloway to arrive where she is now. But it’s a good place.

Holloway lives in Homewood, Alabama, on the top floor of a luxury apartment building. Warm, antique furniture lines the living room, and pictures of her family are scattered around the room. A large photo of Natalee in her high school dance team outfit occupies a prominent place on the sideboard.

Holloway’s family has changed a good deal over the last 10 years in both good and bad ways. About a year after she returned from Aruba, Holloway and her then-husband Jeb Twitty separated. Since that time, however, her family has started to grow again, thanks in no small part to her son, Matthew. Now 26 years old, Matthew is a 911 operator with a commercial pilot’s license, and he is training for his airframe and powerplant license. Like his mother, Matthew sought comfort in those around him and work he found meaning from in order to endure the loss of a sister and his family’s long absence. “He went through a rough spell, of course, for a few years,” Holloway says. “But he really directed or channeled his energy into aviation. I think that just gave him what he needed between his friends and faith. Friends, faith, and flying. [Those were] his three.”

Matthew is also a brand-new father. Holloway’s first grandchild, a girl named Rylee Ann, was born on Dec. 23, 2014. “It was wonderful,” Holloway says. “I had no idea the love I could have for a grandchild. All my friends that have grandchildren, they’re always talking about their love of them. I love my children, Natalee and Matt, but I didn’t know how else I would feel about a grandchild. But as soon as I met her I thought, ‘Oh. So this is the love that they have for their grandchildren.’ It was beautiful.”

Though Holloway has gone through two divorces, she remained optimistic on that front and indeed has found someone with whom to share her life. “I’ll just say one thing,” she says. “I am engaged, and that’s it. He’d kill me if I said his name, though.”

Altogether, Holloway’s life today looks much different than it did 10 years ago; she says arriving here has not happened on accident. “This is a point in my life where I’ve worked hard to find that happiness and joy, and I’ve done a lot of work over the past 10 years,” she says. That work began in Aruba, just a few short days after her daughter disappeared. The first few years after 2005 were a search for answers more so than a search for happiness; it took a moment of revelation at a small Catholic church in Aruba for Holloway to begin moving forward again after Natalee’s disappearance. Holloway was raised as a Methodist, with a mother who taught her that God is good, and a grandmother who told her, “Lay your burdens at the cross.” On her fourth morning in Aruba, those lessons came into sharper focus for Holloway. She found a taxi and asked the driver to take her somewhere to pray. “He pulled over and there was a large white cross, and he told me to get out of the car, and as I did, I walked to the cross and just fell to the cross on my knees and just started crying and begging and praying to God to give Natalee back,” she says. “I got up, and I went to next cross, repeated my same prayers and dropped to my knees and kept praying and crying and begging for God to give her back.”

After days of searching for her missing daughter, Holloway says she was in unbearable pain. Though she was unfamiliar with the Catholic tradition of the stations of the cross, she instinctively went from cross to cross, each time seeking an answer. Finally, on the fifth or sixth station, she found one. “Complete peace blanketed me, and in that instant somehow I then knew that Natalee was with God, and I knew that he had cared for her through whatever ordeal she had encountered that night, and that’s when I became at peace,” she says. “When my grandmother was always saying, ‘Lay your burdens at the cross,’ I got, at that point, what she was saying. I laid the burden of caring for Natalee at the cross. The work to find out what happened to her had to be done, but the burden was taken from me.”

Holloway spent years pressuring authorities to find answers about Natalee’s disappearance and to bring those she believed responsible to justice. At the same time, she felt another calling. In the first month she spent on the island, Holloway made a promise that she would spend the next decade trying to keep. “I made a pledge on the island of Aruba,” she said. “I made [a] pledge in June 2005 that I would get in front of as many high schools, colleges, and groups of people as I could, and I did. I have taken every opportunity since that date.” Holloway has spoken to tens of thousands of people over the last decade, and though the tone of her message might have evolved as she evolved, the content has remained consistent. “It’s a message of hope, and my definition of hope is that inexplicable empowerment that enables us to move successfully from challenge to resolution with courage,” she explains. “It’s more than just wishful thinking. It is real that there is light at the end of the tunnel. No matter what you’re trying to find your way through—It could be loss of a loved one, it could be terminal illness, it could be a financial loss. It’s a powerful inspirational message that I share that teaches perseverance and hope and that you can endure.”

Holloway’s path to the present day—the reclaiming of her life—began in 2010, when she confronted Joran van der Sloot for the final time. “Leading up to May of 2010, that’s when all the extortion was going on with Joran,” Holloway says. “So at that point, I was not in a good place, so to speak.”

Van der Sloot contacted Holloway’s representative near the end of March of 2010 and offered to reveal the location of Natalee’s body for $250,000. He received a $25,000 advance and in return provided false information. “Shortly thereafter, the extortion charges and the FBI sting [were] about to go down in Aruba,” Holloway says. “Then all of a sudden, Joran has fled the country. He surfaced in Peru, where he has murdered another young woman, not only the same scenario, but the exact date and the same time that he had murdered Natalee.” On May 30, 2010—five years to the day after Natalee’s disappearance—Van der Sloot strangled 21-year-old Stephany Flores to death in a Lima hotel room. During his trial, Van der Sloot was held in Miguel Castro Castro prison. It was visiting him there that gave Holloway the push to move forward. “I think once I visited Castro Castro, Joran in prison, and was able to walk away from there, it was almost a freeing experience for me to know that it was time now,” she remembers. “Joran was in prison, and this is what I had worked so hard for, for five years. This was what I had wanted in ’05.”

Seeing Van der Sloot behind bars did not bring complete closure—Natalee’s case will always remain open in the United States. It did, however, allow Holloway to start taking her life in a new direction. “It allowed me then to move onward…. I hadn’t found peace and joy and happiness yet—but I began to recognize it and learned how to embrace it, and then I think it just led to place where I am now, which is a good place.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2015, 06:45:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Bmetromagazine/photos/pb.106520659944.-2207520000.1430003331./10150695909229945/?type=3&theater

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:39:32 AM by texasmom » Logged

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2015, 08:55:32 PM »

Thank you texasmon. Bless the whole Holloway family.

2 4 1
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2015, 09:04:05 PM »

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2015, 04:32:19 PM »

This is the best news, I'm so happy for Beth and the joy in her life.  And congratulations to Matt too!   

Happy tears!   

Go read the whole article, it was very hard for me to snip anything so if I didn't snip enough Klaas, please fix it for me.

http://b-metro.com/findingpeace/19751/

Beth Holloway: 10 years after her daughter’s disappearance, Beth Holloway has reclaimed her life.

Written by Andy McWhorter

Photography by Liesa Cole

Over the past decade, Beth Holloway’s path through life has taken the kind of turns that few people will ever be expected to face.

After her daughter Natalee’s disappearance in Aruba in 2005, Holloway became a determined mother who persevered through years of uncertainty in search of answers and justice. She became an impassioned public speaker, spreading her family’s story across the nation to anyone who would listen, in the hopes that it might prevent another family from going through the same ordeal as her own. In 2010, she once again came face-to-face with Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch national who had been the prime suspect in Natalee’s disappearance, when he tried to extort thousands of dollars from her before fleeing to Peru, where he killed another young woman.

Given the hardship Holloway and her family have faced since 2005, the terms she uses to describe her life today might be surprising: peaceful, joyful, happy. “I’m in a place where I’m moving onward and upward,” Holloway says. “I’m not ‘over’ anything, because you don’t get over the loss of a loved one, but you do begin to move on. There’s never closure, because it’s never over. But you do begin to find joy and peace and happiness.”

That joy, she says, has not come easy. “When you lose a loved one, you feel like you lose part of your family,” she says. “You do, you lose your family, you lose the life that you once knew and loved. That life is gone. So you’re looking at redefining and rebuilding and reclaiming a new life.” Recovering from Natalee’s disappearance, she says, has been a matter of redefining and rebuilding. It’s taken 10 years and a lot of fight from Holloway to arrive where she is now. But it’s a good place.

Holloway lives in Homewood, Alabama, on the top floor of a luxury apartment building. Warm, antique furniture lines the living room, and pictures of her family are scattered around the room. A large photo of Natalee in her high school dance team outfit occupies a prominent place on the sideboard.

Holloway’s family has changed a good deal over the last 10 years in both good and bad ways. About a year after she returned from Aruba, Holloway and her then-husband Jeb Twitty separated. Since that time, however, her family has started to grow again, thanks in no small part to her son, Matthew. Now 26 years old, Matthew is a 911 operator with a commercial pilot’s license, and he is training for his airframe and powerplant license. Like his mother, Matthew sought comfort in those around him and work he found meaning from in order to endure the loss of a sister and his family’s long absence. “He went through a rough spell, of course, for a few years,” Holloway says. “But he really directed or channeled his energy into aviation. I think that just gave him what he needed between his friends and faith. Friends, faith, and flying. [Those were] his three.”

Matthew is also a brand-new father. Holloway’s first grandchild, a girl named Rylee Ann, was born on Dec. 23, 2014. “It was wonderful,” Holloway says. “I had no idea the love I could have for a grandchild. All my friends that have grandchildren, they’re always talking about their love of them. I love my children, Natalee and Matt, but I didn’t know how else I would feel about a grandchild. But as soon as I met her I thought, ‘Oh. So this is the love that they have for their grandchildren.’ It was beautiful.”

Though Holloway has gone through two divorces, she remained optimistic on that front and indeed has found someone with whom to share her life. “I’ll just say one thing,” she says. “I am engaged, and that’s it. He’d kill me if I said his name, though.”

Altogether, Holloway’s life today looks much different than it did 10 years ago; she says arriving here has not happened on accident. “This is a point in my life where I’ve worked hard to find that happiness and joy, and I’ve done a lot of work over the past 10 years,” she says. That work began in Aruba, just a few short days after her daughter disappeared. The first few years after 2005 were a search for answers more so than a search for happiness; it took a moment of revelation at a small Catholic church in Aruba for Holloway to begin moving forward again after Natalee’s disappearance. Holloway was raised as a Methodist, with a mother who taught her that God is good, and a grandmother who told her, “Lay your burdens at the cross.” On her fourth morning in Aruba, those lessons came into sharper focus for Holloway. She found a taxi and asked the driver to take her somewhere to pray. “He pulled over and there was a large white cross, and he told me to get out of the car, and as I did, I walked to the cross and just fell to the cross on my knees and just started crying and begging and praying to God to give Natalee back,” she says. “I got up, and I went to next cross, repeated my same prayers and dropped to my knees and kept praying and crying and begging for God to give her back.”

After days of searching for her missing daughter, Holloway says she was in unbearable pain. Though she was unfamiliar with the Catholic tradition of the stations of the cross, she instinctively went from cross to cross, each time seeking an answer. Finally, on the fifth or sixth station, she found one. “Complete peace blanketed me, and in that instant somehow I then knew that Natalee was with God, and I knew that he had cared for her through whatever ordeal she had encountered that night, and that’s when I became at peace,” she says. “When my grandmother was always saying, ‘Lay your burdens at the cross,’ I got, at that point, what she was saying. I laid the burden of caring for Natalee at the cross. The work to find out what happened to her had to be done, but the burden was taken from me.”

Holloway spent years pressuring authorities to find answers about Natalee’s disappearance and to bring those she believed responsible to justice. At the same time, she felt another calling. In the first month she spent on the island, Holloway made a promise that she would spend the next decade trying to keep. “I made a pledge on the island of Aruba,” she said. “I made [a] pledge in June 2005 that I would get in front of as many high schools, colleges, and groups of people as I could, and I did. I have taken every opportunity since that date.” Holloway has spoken to tens of thousands of people over the last decade, and though the tone of her message might have evolved as she evolved, the content has remained consistent. “It’s a message of hope, and my definition of hope is that inexplicable empowerment that enables us to move successfully from challenge to resolution with courage,” she explains. “It’s more than just wishful thinking. It is real that there is light at the end of the tunnel. No matter what you’re trying to find your way through—It could be loss of a loved one, it could be terminal illness, it could be a financial loss. It’s a powerful inspirational message that I share that teaches perseverance and hope and that you can endure.”

Holloway’s path to the present day—the reclaiming of her life—began in 2010, when she confronted Joran van der Sloot for the final time. “Leading up to May of 2010, that’s when all the extortion was going on with Joran,” Holloway says. “So at that point, I was not in a good place, so to speak.”

Van der Sloot contacted Holloway’s representative near the end of March of 2010 and offered to reveal the location of Natalee’s body for $250,000. He received a $25,000 advance and in return provided false information. “Shortly thereafter, the extortion charges and the FBI sting [were] about to go down in Aruba,” Holloway says. “Then all of a sudden, Joran has fled the country. He surfaced in Peru, where he has murdered another young woman, not only the same scenario, but the exact date and the same time that he had murdered Natalee.” On May 30, 2010—five years to the day after Natalee’s disappearance—Van der Sloot strangled 21-year-old Stephany Flores to death in a Lima hotel room. During his trial, Van der Sloot was held in Miguel Castro Castro prison. It was visiting him there that gave Holloway the push to move forward. “I think once I visited Castro Castro, Joran in prison, and was able to walk away from there, it was almost a freeing experience for me to know that it was time now,” she remembers. “Joran was in prison, and this is what I had worked so hard for, for five years. This was what I had wanted in ’05.”

Seeing Van der Sloot behind bars did not bring complete closure—Natalee’s case will always remain open in the United States. It did, however, allow Holloway to start taking her life in a new direction. “It allowed me then to move onward…. I hadn’t found peace and joy and happiness yet—but I began to recognize it and learned how to embrace it, and then I think it just led to place where I am now, which is a good place.”

Wow, what a beautiful woman.  Last Sunday as we drove through Birmingham I had to look over at Homewood and think of Natalee.  Then it dawned on me that it has been 10 years since Natalee was murdered.  I am so happy for Matt, he has a daughter and Beth and Dave have a granddaughter.  AND Beth is engaged.  I am just happy for her and I know Natalee would be also.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2015, 10:07:37 PM »

It's been a while since we've heard anything out of Joran.   

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2014/08/25/peru-moves-van-der-sloot-to-tougher-prison/

The length of Van der Sloot's stay in Challapalca will depend on his behavior, Inpe officials said.

If he behaves properly he could be transferred soon to another prison with better accommodations, such as are available at Piedras Gordas.

http://radioondaazul.com/?c=noticia&id=49770

Google translation:

Challapalca, the country's most feared criminal.
Posted on Tuesday May 5, 2015 at 06:51A

A 4800 meters 19 years ago was built in an arid land on the border of Puno and Tacna, one of the most feared criminal in the country. Challapalca It was former President Alberto Fujimori, who gave the green light to build this prison maximum security with the idea of locking up the most dangerous criminals in the country. Thus, the August 8, 1996 began to rise the walls of the prison. The following year, Challapalca opened. At that time, he received 50 prisoners referred from the criminal La Capilla in Juliaca and Yanamayo in Puno. Gradually more were arriving inmates. It is in November last year that this enclosure reached the maximum number of prisoners, 148 in total. For the first time, almost able to cover their capacity was designed for 150 inmates. In the last inspection of the Ombudsman of Puno, on 20 March last, it was found that even today Challapalca welcomes 122 inmates under appeal special regime closed. Complaints have always been a constant and this time was no exception. That day, 15 inmates passed a medical evaluation and as always some of these expressed their complaints to the Commissioner of the Public Defender, Mercedes Pilco. "You can not live in these conditions, "expressed to Pilco and requested his transfer to another prison. "Almost always ask the same thing, do not want to be locked up there," said Pilco.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2015, 08:06:18 AM »

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/05/08/missing-kayaker-case-fiancee/

Graswald’s new legal team also includes Forensic Scientist Michael Archer who worked on the infamous Joran Van Der Sloot case in Aruba.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/topstories/2007-12-08-3066205443_x.htm

Paulus van der Sloot, forensic scientist Michael Archer, Anita van der Sloot and attorney Joseph Tacopina are seen early Friday, Dec. 7, 2007, before the release of Joran van der Sloot, in Oranjestad, Aruba. A judge in Aruba ordered the release Friday of the last of three suspects re-arrested last month in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway, ruling the evidence was not strong enough to continue holding him. (AP Photo/Michael Archer)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2015, 10:44:43 AM »

Did the Globe get an exclusive update from Challapalca on how Joran's feeling about getting away with it these days?     

He could have had it made in the shade in his custom cell in Aruba, hell he'd probably already be out by now!   

He didn't get away with anything.  For the five years he did walk free and continually cause more pain for Natalee's family, he didn't do it without having to look over his shoulder.  Beth didn't let him get away with it, and we didn't either! 

Stephany Flores should have never met Joran.  Period.  Her senseless brutal murder is and forever will be on the hands of ALL who protected Joran from prosecution in Natalee's case; and Aruba will always have the dark cloud of Natalee's injustice hanging over it. 

JMO

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE!   

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2015/natalee-holloway-bombshell-new-evidence-eyewitness-breaks-silence-joran-van-der-sloot-got-away-with-murder-globe/

Natalee Holloway’s disappearance and murder has haunted the world and media since 2005. The messy investigation in to the 18 year old’s disappearance and death dealt by the hands of Aruba native Joran van der Sloot was even turned into a made-for-TV movie. Although Natalee’s body was never actually found – the investigation went on for several years and Joran was arrested on more than one occasion and then released due to lack of evidence. According to a new report – some evidence has been uncovered that could finally lead to justice for Natalee Holloway and her family.

The May 18 cover of GLOBE Magazine features the familiar high-school photo of Natalee Holloway that we have seen plastered on the news over the past ten years. The headline reveals, “Natalee Holloway Bombshell Evidence: 10 Years Later Eyewitness Breaks Silence.” The GLOBE cover also includes a photo of killer Joran van der Sloot and teases an in-depth story on “how he got away with murder.” If you followed Natalee’s case over the years – then you have to pick up a copy of GLOBE this week as soon as it hits newsstands!

Have you followed the Natalee Holloway case over the past decade? What do you think the eyewitness that has come forward has to say? Will we finally know what happened to Holloway in Aruba back in 2005? Let us know what you think in the comments below and don’t forget to pick up this week’s edition of GLOBE Magazine as soon as it hits newsstands.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2015, 11:37:34 AM »

I want to know who this supposed "eye witness" is?  Wonder how much the Globe paid this supposed "eye witness"?  Since the Kalpoes and Aruba didn't get any money out of Dr. Phil and CBS (or at least not that we know of), is this Aruba's way of sucking more dollars out of Natalee's murder/death? 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2015, 02:43:23 PM »

I want to know who this supposed "eye witness" is?  Wonder how much the Globe paid this supposed "eye witness"?  Since the Kalpoes and Aruba didn't get any money out of Dr. Phil and CBS (or at least not that we know of), is this Aruba's way of sucking more dollars out of Natalee's murder/death? 
It sounds like it is going to be the drug dealer that claims he witnessed it happening at the Marriott but was afraid to come out. The last story was Dave was wanting to go and check it out. Natalee may have been there at first, but I still think she ended up in that crab cage.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »

The picture on the cover is of the same guy that has been in the news since about February iirc. 

Same guy from Diario in 2010.

The timing of his contacting Natalee's family, and going to Mos with his "theory" is interesting to me. 

The Persistence left Aruba March 3, 2008.

Is there anything documented about this guy or his theory before this?

Hinky, imo.   

It would be interesting to know if he told Dave Holloway he was a WITNESS in 2008, or did he present it as his theory as he did to Diario in 2010?

http://www.diario.aw/2010/06/mi-opinion-encuanto-e-lugar-unda-natalee-ta-dera/

Papiamentu and Google translations:

my opinion encuanto the lugar where natalee is bury publication: saturday, 12 june 2010. categoria: general caso_jong_natalee_1remitido notice of diario: the relato here owing to worde ricibi of one person dutch, residencia at ground frieu. past owing to come is follow the storia of the caso here of much time, haciendo anotacion, lesando complete documento, y the self owing to saca one teoria on thing the is think, cu kizas owing to socede, y where natalee is bury. at 2008 past owing to even come till aruba for so present his teoria at ministerio publico, because; also at autoridad mericano. but till still, the is feel cu none person owing to haci caso cu his teoria. now the is trece for daily paper, for so people self read this y saca they conclusion.

Bon Dia,

The search for the body of Natalee Holloway is characterized given by one important: the blind spot!

There is too much and Telang the bizarre and cruel lies of Joran listened and it seems no one has used the healthy common sense.

While there are many complex scenarios were created, the solution to this mystery is so simple and all those years was her remains literally right under your noses.

As I then right after the broadcast of Peter R. de Vries to him and was declared two detectives Almere Joran's "confession" a big distraction and played Joran and Patrick cahoots.

Recently, the latter indeed confirmed by a study of Joran himself, but his last real swamp story however is as usual the biggest hogwash.

In the months of March and April 2008, I had arranged telephone contact with the parents of Natalee, especially with Dave Holloway, since he had been working on the actual searches on Aruba.

Then he told about a nasty odor that hung for about two weeks around the construction site of the Marriott, this for me was the reason to investigate this further me.

I contacted dr.Jantz of the "Body Farm" in Knoxville and gave him the necessary information needed to determine the time when her body was consumed.

I gave him the day and night temperature of Aruba in June, her body weight, she had to swimwear, was tucked away somewhere, but not buried!

It's an important, busy person and I just a "nobody", but he gave me the day after its conclusion about two weeks!

That was my reason to go deeper into the matter excavated and gradually came more confirmations of my theory.

Ironically it Joran itself is enough that in his book me two very important clues!

Under item 4 of the overview map of Aruba reads: "The Marriott hotel where Natalee was staying" when everyone knows that she stayed at the Holiday Inn (!).

And at p. 50, section "Girlfriends" he calls one Jillian, where he has had with courtship and a half years and she is the daughter of someone involved in the construction of the Marriott.

The father of Natalee wrote about a key found in the car of Deepak, who claimed that it was his mother, but before that could be verified lost one policeman key and then everyone forgot about its existence.

It was now so ready for me like a lump of what was going in the stem and therefore I asked in mid-May 2008 Chief Moss to take action and "to launch an investigation on the former site of the Marriott Aruba Surf Club.

But what my surprise joking when he claimed that he be sent my mail, which includes my complete theory, with drawings and all, could not open because it was one PDF document!?

As he to obtain a search warrant with one well-substantiated story to the court commissioner must knock, and he had not, his proposal to ask the Marriott to participate voluntarily in the study.

The same day I had Marriott's manager on the line, and despite my assurance that the entire viewing operation would proceed very discreet and there's a minimal damage would be caused to the hotel, he introduced himself hard on and I got the brush-off .

Also, my request to Mr Moss for copies of the drawings were not honored, there was absolutely no understanding and cooperation.

My disappointment was great, but because I do not give up quickly when I decided to do it my way and vijtien months later I visited late August 2009 Aruba and went right along with the DOW to take pictures of the drawings of the Marriott.

With diving, however, I began to suffer from one perforated eardrum and therefore ill and was only back in the Netherlands I could quietly investigate these drawings and 7 September 2009 I thought ninety percent certain to know where the remains of Natalee was hidden.

Now this sounds very presumptuous, so let me therefore first set the record one glance, then my theory and then you can decide for yourself whether it really holds water if I'm one big dreamer.

FACTS

Joran suffered from behavioral disorders (tantrums, steal, drink and gambling) and ran for it with a psychiatrist.

He founded one site that incited violence and rape, which incidentally just after the disappearance of Natalee was quickly lifted.

When Joran and Natalee were dropped then nobody has seen them together, which is strange,
because of the 'n festival there were more people in the early hours on the beach present than normal.

The radar has determined that night not a single maritime activity.

Joran has neither the police nor the ambulance called.

He had just after her disappearance scratches on his face.

His shoes had disappeared.

When he visited came home in the early morning he scribbled one porn site, despite the fact that the same day he "had one exam.

All the accomplices designated by Joran denied by Microsoft.

Joran had 1.5 years of courtship with the daughter of someone who was involved in the construction of the Marriott.

There was a key found in the car of Deepak, which was later lost, however.

Shortly after her disappearance appeared on the site of "scared monkeys" messages from one Shango, with all sorts of cryptic text and one of them was:

"Why did not bring his Lordship the key found in the car"

There was a period of two weeks' n dirty stench around the construction site of the Marriott Aruba Surf Club.

There's never sought, because at night a lock sitting on the fence.

Dave Holloway told me that daytime was a "short-cut" between the parking lot of the Marriott and the Holiday Inn.

Joran says in the "secret" rapture of Peter R. de Vries two remarkable things:

"If they find her, I'm the dick" which even Patrick bevreemt because he responds by saying:

"She's totally destroyed" and indeed the sea knew much, if not all traces and later stoned he stares ahead, he says:

"They'll never find her ......... I .denk"

He has his own dog topped with 'n' paint-ballgun ".

Around the Marriott time were many dog ​​carcasses found.

Without help, can anyone corpse up to two hundred meters fresh hoot.

Despite intensive searches with sonar at sea, on land with dogs and prods, in the caves, the lime kilns, draining lakes and aerial photos of F-16s Natalee remained all these years untraceable.

As it 's good detective befits I also made speculations and moved myself in the position of Joran.

Here is my theory of what has happened that fateful night on 30 May 2005:

Joran has his eye on Natalee, but it is not the standard amorous adolescent who feels butterflies in his stomach.

No, he's the blow that really not normal contact with women is maintained and is purely on sex and in fact he can only get a girl because most of feel that he is criminally insane.

He agreed with Natalee on Carlos'n Charlie's, and performs its slow drunk, so she later when he gets the chance to strike is not on guard.

Around closing Carlos'n Charlie's emptied and searched everyone transportation to their hotels.

Joran Natalee separated from her group and suggested to take a taxi.

Because taxis in Aruba all look different, it was a snap to get her back to the car of Deepak.

They drove to the California Lighthouse, Natalee wanted to see sharks, but they did not stop for and eventually drove them back and Joran and Natalee were dropped off at the parking lot of the Marriott again.

Joran suggested one "short-cut" to take, walked to the fence around the construction site and opening it ... with one key (!)
To their right is the Marriott Aruba Surf Club Phase 3, its construction already finished and only needs to be finished and left a row of containers.

Joran proposes to go star gazing and Natalee's remark that there is already a roof on the hotel is right, then he points to one building at the far end of the site.

If you have the floor plan of the hotel on the Google Earth satellite image of June 22, 2005 explains, you see that this building will be the beginning of the emergency stairwell # 3 of "The Spyglass Tower".

They walk in, climb on the landing, go up the stairs to the first floor and steps in a "half" room, which later would become the space behind the elevators.

They lie down on the floor together in love and gazing at the starry sky and everything is nice and peaceful.

But the true nature of someone coming adjust upwards if there are no witnesses, because out of nowhere there's that awful change, it is a beast, because suddenly Joran Natalee brutally raped and then break her neck!

He then takes her in his arms and running down the stairs and puts her on the landing.

He jumps down, pulls her out of the overflow in a fire grip and smacks her with a twist on the ground.

Then he pushes the sand away in the crawl space and pulls Natalee at her feet inside.

He crawls to the end of the room and packed with sand the crack closed.

His shoes, which sits on blood, kicks it out and leave it on the spot behind.

He squeezes out again and again, he then makes the crack with sand close and then runs smiling, barefoot into the night.

I have this information to the Diario passed, because I just think that the Arubans entitled to it!

Through that spirit sick Joran and eight actual boycott then, thanks for all your help, the whole island has namely unnecessary and unjustified much damage.

Because I by i.a. not taken seriously and they do not appreciate my offer knowledge and services, I hereby leave the Aruban people judge the credibility of my theory.

Hopefully this tip with this black chapter can finally be closed and Aruba weather really One Happy Island!

Jurriën de Jong
Hulanda

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2015, 03:01:29 PM »

I agree wreck, if she was there; she was moved! 

WHY have they never said who was in that cage.  They know.

Every time I think about all of this it just makes me furious.

JMO

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2015, 03:21:13 PM »

"Shango!"
While I will always doubt that there was someone who knew all the truth and was cryptically giving us all the answers in code/riddles, I do believe it someone on the island with SOME information that got caught up and stated to embellish with theories. We shouldn't discount EVERYTHING they said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.