March 28, 2024, 03:47:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1620193 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: May 24, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »

http://blog.al.com/news_birmingham_impact/print.html?entry=/2015/05/the_disappearance_of_natalee_h.html

The disappearance of Natalee Holloway: A timeline
Dave Sharp | dsharp@al.com By Dave Sharp | dsharp@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 24, 2015 at 10:47 AM, updated May 24, 2015 at 11:50 AM

May 30, 2005: Natalee Holloway, 18, of Mountain Brook disappears while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba.

June 1, 2005: At 9:41 p.m., a day after Natalee disappears, Fox News Channel is the first to take the story national. "Tonight, a frantic search is underway for a missing Alabama girl," Greta Van Susteren said. Her less-than-one-minute report began an onslaught of media attention.

June 5, 2005: Aruban police detain former hotel security guards Nick John and Abraham Jones on suspicion of murder and kidnapping. Both are released June 13 without being charged.

June 9, 2005: Joran van der Sloot, Satish Kalpoe and Deepak Kalpoe are arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and murder.

June 17, 2005: Disc jockey Steve Gregory Croes is arrested.

June 22, 2005: Aruban police detain Paulus van der Sloot, Joran's father.

June 26, 2005: Paulus van der Sloot and Croes are released.

July 4, 2005: The Kalpoe brothers are released without charges. Also that day, the Royal Netherlands Air Force deploys F-16 aircraft to aid in the search.

July 25, 2005: A reward for Natalee's safe return is increased from $200,000 to $1 million.

Aug. 26, 2005: The Kalpoe brothers are rearrested.

Sept. 3, 2005: All of the detained suspects are released without charges.

Sept. 14, 2005: The Combined Appeals Court of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba remove all restrictions against the previously arrested suspects.

April 5, 2006: Dave Holloway publishes a book, which chronicles his frustrations and anguish during the first days, weeks and months of Natalee's disappearance.

Nov. 21, 2007: Van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers are rearrested in the Holloway case.

Nov. 30, 2007: A judge orders the release of the Kalpoe brothers.

Dec. 7, 2007: Van der Sloot is released without charges.

Dec. 18, 2007: Aruban prosecutors officially declare the Holloway case closed.

Feb. 1, 2008: Aruban prosecutors announce they are reopening the case. A judge, however, refuses to arrest van der Sloot.

Feb. 10, 2010: Paulus van der Sloot dies of a heart attack while playing tennis.

May 30, 2010: Five years to the day of Natalee's disappearance, 21-year-old Stephany Flores is murdered in Joran van der Sloot's Peru hotel.

June 3, 2010: Van der Sloot is arrested in Chile and deported to Peru the following day.

June 3, 2010: Van der Sloot is charged in Birmingham with extortion and wire fraud. U.S. Attorney Joyce White Vance obtains an arrest warrant, and van der Sloot is later indicted.

Jan. 12, 2012: Jefferson County Probate Judge Alan King rules Dave Holloway meets the requirements for the legal presumption of death and Natalee is legally declared dead.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #461 on: May 24, 2015, 03:05:11 PM »

Thanks Klaas!

I've been wondering why we hadn't heard from Jossy yet...glad to see this interview!   

Me too!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: May 24, 2015, 08:23:29 PM »

http://www.meridianstar.com/news/years-later-dave-holloway-pursues-new-lead-about-daughter-natalee/article_42be1bc0-01cc-11e5-b05c-a38f3e1392a7.html

10 years later: Dave Holloway pursues new lead about daughter Natalee
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 4:07 am

While a recent visit to Aruba proved futile in hopes of locating the body of his missing daughter, Natalee Holloway, Meridian resident Dave Holloway said he has no regrets about making the trip.

"I had to go, and I did," Holloway said about going to Aruba earlier this month to pursue a tip passed on by authorities from a man who previously claimed to be a witness to his daughter's disappearance.

But Holloway's thoughts are never far from seeking justice for Natalee.

"You know what really gets me is that young kids, they try so hard. In school, they try to make good grades – she was a straight-A student and really had a plan for what she was going to major in and what she was going to do in life. And then she goes on a trip and five days later – gone," Holloway said. "That's the part that's hard."

Saturday will mark 10 years since Natalee's disappearance. Holloway said he has no plans for a memorial service.

"I've buried her so many times in my mind that it's unbelievable," he said. "You get to where you have to let go sometime, and that's part of the closure process. You can't just keep reliving it."
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: May 24, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »

SATAN WAS CALLING ...

Feb. 10, 2010: Paulus van der Sloot dies of a heart attack while playing tennis.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #464 on: May 24, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »

Better?  

June 2005

I think I marked this photo from the arubay videos. It looks like it may be a match to your photo with where the marriott is marked.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: May 24, 2015, 11:23:49 PM »

*****NOTE...THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE*****

Part of the reason some people were banned from SM a long time ago, especially in reference to this case, was due to the DRAMA that revolved around them.  I don't do drama.

*****END OF PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE*****

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: May 24, 2015, 11:27:27 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: May 25, 2015, 07:55:22 AM »

http://www.meridianstar.com/news/years-later-dave-holloway-pursues-new-lead-about-daughter-natalee/article_42be1bc0-01cc-11e5-b05c-a38f3e1392a7.html

10 years later: Dave Holloway pursues new lead about daughter Natalee
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 4:07 am

While a recent visit to Aruba proved futile in hopes of locating the body of his missing daughter, Natalee Holloway, Meridian resident Dave Holloway said he has no regrets about making the trip.

"I had to go, and I did," Holloway said about going to Aruba earlier this month to pursue a tip passed on by authorities from a man who previously claimed to be a witness to his daughter's disappearance.

But Holloway's thoughts are never far from seeking justice for Natalee.

"You know what really gets me is that young kids, they try so hard. In school, they try to make good grades – she was a straight-A student and really had a plan for what she was going to major in and what she was going to do in life. And then she goes on a trip and five days later – gone," Holloway said. "That's the part that's hard."

Saturday will mark 10 years since Natalee's disappearance. Holloway said he has no plans for a memorial service.

"I've buried her so many times in my mind that it's unbelievable," he said. "You get to where you have to let go sometime, and that's part of the closure process. You can't just keep reliving it."

(Bolded by me)

This just tears my heart out.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #468 on: May 25, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4SPihSGFw

Aruba ten years after the Natalee Holloway case

al.com

Published on May 23, 2015
How does the Natalee Holloway case affect Aruba ten years after the case. We talk with locals and influential people on the island to see about the lasting impact of the case.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9N4SPihSGFw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9N4SPihSGFw</a>

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: May 25, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »

SATAN WAS CALLING ...

And they protected him even in death.

Think of how many gruesome pictures we've seen of tourists or others, many who suffered the same fate.

No identifiable pictures of Paulus, though they obviously took some.

Yes, par for the course imo.   

http://www.awe24.com/2626

PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT (TATA DI JORAN DI E CASO NATALEE HOLLOWAY) A HAYA UN PARO CARDIACO Y A SAK DEN OTRO Y FAYECE RIBA CANCHA DI TENNIS NA TIERRA DEL SOL
10 DI FEBRUARI 2010 21:59

foto di PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT (TATA DI JORAN DI E CASO NATALEE HOLLOWAY) A HAYA UN PARO CARDIACO Y A SAK DEN OTRO Y FAYECE RIBA CANCHA DI TENNIS NA TIERRA DEL SOL

Diaranzon anochi a drenta informe cu un persona a bira hopi malo y diripiente a sak den otro y cay riba e cancha di tennis na Tierra del Sol, mesora a
dirigi un ambulans na e sitio. Na yegada di e ambulans a bin constata cu aki ta trata di un persona cu a haya un paro cardiaco (curazon a stop di bati)y a sak den otro. Mesora e paramediconan a inicia cu un Resucitacion Cardio Pulmonar C.P.R. mientras a cuminsa transporte cu urgencia pa hospital pero esaki tabata envano, ya cu na su yegada na hospital pa 9:55 di anochi e dokter anesteciologo a constata cu Paulus a fayece. Paulus ta tata di Joran kende tabata conosi pa e caso di desaparicion di e hobencita norte americana Natalee Holloway. Paulus dialuna awor lo a cumpli 58 aña. Palabranan di condolencia na famianan di e fayecido. Cu Paulus sosega na paz

Papiamentu translation:

paulus van der sloot (tata of joran of the caso natalee holloway) owing to achieve one paro cardiaco y owing to sak in another y fayece on cancha of tennis at tierra del sol 10 of feburary 2010 21:59 photograph of paulus van der sloot (tata of joran of the caso natalee holloway) owing to achieve one paro cardiaco y owing to sak in another y fayece on cancha of tennis at tierra del sol diaranzon night owing to enter informe cu one person owing to become much bad y diripiente owing to sak in another y cay on the cancha of tennis at tierra del sol, at once owing to dirigi one ambulance at the sitio. at arrival of the ambulance owing to come constata cu here is deal of one person cu owing to achieve one paro cardiaco (curazon owing to stop of bati)y owing to sak in another. at once the paramediconan owing to inicia cu one resucitacion cardio pulmonar c.p.r. while owing to cuminsa transporte cu urgencia for hospital but this was envano, already cu at his arrival at hospital for 9:55 of night the doctor anesteciologo owing to constata cu paulus owing to fayece. paulus is father of joran that was conosi for her caso of desaparicion of the hobencita norte americana natalee holloway. paulus monday now will owing to accomplish 58 year. words of condolencia at famianan of the fayecido. cu paulus sosega at paz

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: May 25, 2015, 10:42:49 PM »

Where are they now? 

Ariean de Bie, lawyer for Joran van der Sloot; winning the lottery and providing entertainment by whistling Beatles songs in a local restaurant.

(Remember, he's the one we were more than likely mislead into believing he was Ben King.)   

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/travel/2015/05/23/aruba-new-happy-place/8AmSxHi8Jy7HRMVNyBD0ZI/story.html

Our final night was spent at the acclaimed Madame Janette Restaurant. Friends who had been to Aruba told us we had to go there — casual and lively and all that was promised. We dined on rack of lamb while listening to Ariean de Bie, a local musician, perform a fabulous rendition of the Beatles’ “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” by whistling it. It was so good, the crowd demanded more.

Looks like he won the lottery earlier this year too.

http://masnoticia.com/miyonario-di-2-4-yega-lotto-reclama-su-premio

Papiamentu translation:

miyonario of 2.4 owing to arrive lotto reclama his premium loteria

4 feb, 2015

miyonario of 2.4 owing to arrive lotto reclama his premium lotto is much contento for informa people of aruba cu mr. ariean de bie owing to present at office of lotto today morning cu the ticket ganado of 2.4 miyon guilder of mini mega y mega plus, cu 9 of january, 2015 owing to wordo bendi at euro lottery. in less of one month mr. de bie owing to present cu the ticket ganado y his id valido. as already is conoci, lotto is the unique lottery at #aruba cu is give 90 day for cobra premium. then in the caso here will can owing to bay till cu 9 of april, but this not tawata necesario already cu in less of one month owing to happen busca the premium miyonario of mini mega combina cu mega plus cu owing to close the suma of 2.4 miyon guilder! lotto, the lottery of aruba is extremely contento of owing to part the first check miyonario of 2015. lotto, the lottery of aruba have 8 various wega; catochi, big 4, zodiac, game of number korsou of lotto, lotto of day, lotto 5, mini mega, y raspa y earn. cumprando lotto are you contribui at sport on we island. aim of the fundacion is for organisa lottery, change life of his hungadonan y at self instant inverti in sport local by donacionnan at the comision of subsidio.

Flashback:

omg, Carpe!  I laughed until I cried reading this again...   Monkey Devil!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9031.msg1294162#msg1294162

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: May 26, 2015, 01:12:47 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: May 26, 2015, 12:08:22 PM »

Always enjoy seeing your photographs, Texasmom.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: May 26, 2015, 05:08:11 PM »

Me too!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2015, 05:48:38 PM »

Me too!!   

Me too!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: May 26, 2015, 08:43:43 PM »

Me too!!    

Me too!  

Thanks ya'll!   

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:46:16 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: May 27, 2015, 11:06:27 PM »

an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: May 28, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/world/natalee-holloway-father-interview/index.html

Natalee Holloway's father opens up about new lead
Updated 4:30 PM ET, Thu May 28, 2015

Dave Holloway believes his daughter was the victim of foul play, her body thrown in the ocean.

Holloway recently got a tip from a man claiming to have witnessed van der Sloot carrying Holloway's body on the night she disappeared. Years ago, Dave Holloway received a call from the alleged witness, Jurrien de Jong, asserting his daughter was not in the ocean, but on land. Holloway originally brushed aside the call, one of many he received at the time from people claiming to know where is daughter was.

Holloway recently sat down with CNN's Martin Savidge in Meridian, Mississippi, to talk about the latest development and his daughter. Below is a portion of that interview, edited for brevity and clarity.

CNN's Martin Savidge: What did de Jong describe in his conversations with you?

Holloway: He says that a car pulls up and Joran and Natalee get out of the vehicle. This is on May 30, (2005) and this vehicle pulls into the parking lot at the Marriott hotel, and you can see a construction site and you can see the Holiday Inn ... and this area is enclosed with a chained fence. He says that Natalee says, "Well the gate's locked," and (Van der Sloot) says something about, "Well I know a trick," and somehow he, I guess, unwraps the chain and they go in ...

Then he sees them go across the construction site, and they get up on the platform, which I presume to be the foundation of the Spyglass Tower, and they run up to an area that's got half of a stairway built and they go up that and he loses sight of them. Then, approximately five minutes later he says they emerge with Joran carrying Natalee in his arms and apparently he knew that she was not living. He put her down on the concrete slab and then jumped down off of it and put her body down on the ground and then went and dug an opening under the slab and then put her body in it and then covered it back up and walked out.

Savidge: The Marriott has at least told the authorities down there that there wasn't construction or any significant construction of which the witness described.

Dave Holloway: I can tell you for a fact. I was there on June 1, and there was definitely construction in that area. June 1, 2005, because it was all chained up. And that's one of the areas we never searched because we assumed it's locked up and secured at all times, and they have construction workers there on site. It was something we assumed that that would never need to be searched and it wasn't.

Savidge: What changed your perception of de Jong and his story?

Holloway: Well I kept looking at it and looking at the facts and what he said, and I thought, man, I can't go here because I've gone through so many of these where they had details and facts and it turned out to be nothing... I called TJ Ward, (a private investigator), and said, "TJ I need a second opinion on this guy."

I said, "Can you look at this guy and talk to him and see what you think?" and so he did, and a couple of days later he called me back and said, "Hey, Dave, the guy passed this voice analysis test."

"I thought 'Oh my gosh,' and then I started digging more and more into it. I'm thinking maybe there's something to this, but I told TJ, I'm not going to get my hopes up. ... We had the opportunity about three weeks ago to go to Aruba and check this out and we did with a cadaver dog. We were kind of blocked in the areas that we wanted to do the search so it was kind of a failed mission I guess, so to speak.

Savidge: What were you hoping for?

Holloway: Maybe to get lucky, you know? And see and put this to rest.

Savidge: Did de Jong ever ask you for money?

Holloway: No.

Savidge: Do you believe his story?

Holloway: I want to believe it, but I don't want to get myself into a situation where I put all the marbles into this story and then it doesn't pan out and then I'm in a situation mentally where it's going to take a while to get over so I'm just cautiously watching and thinking, "How does this story fit in with what he is saying?"

Savidge: What would you like to see happen next?

Holloway: I would like to see that area in question is searched by a dog.

Savidge: Do you get the sense that people, at least, in Aruba would just like this to go away?

Holloway: Oh, I believe that absolutely.

Savidge: Is there ever a point you stop?

Holloway: No. As a parent you'll never stop. Never. I mean, your child is off in a foreign country and you want to bring her back home, and I've got the means and the ability to go down there and check and do it, and if I'm willing and able to do it, then I always will.

Savidge: You think about Natalee every day?

Holloway: Yeah. It always passes your mind. More so now with this new lead.

Editor's note: CNN's Martin Savidge received this statement from Jeff Flaherty, in Global Corporate Relations at Marriott International, Inc.

"As we have done all along, we cooperate fully with the authorities whenever they are conducting an official investigation."

Peru agrees to extradite van der Sloot to U.S. ... in 2038
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:03:40 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: May 28, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »

There's a video of Dave and TJ with Anderson Cooper at the link too.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/world/natalee-holloway-father-interview/index.html

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: May 28, 2015, 07:58:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDiRE7NCu0c

Natalee Holloway's father looks back on last ten years
CNN

Published on May 27, 2015

It has been ten years since Natalee Holloway disappeared. Anderson Cooper speaks with her father David about his search for answers.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDiRE7NCu0c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rDiRE7NCu0c</a>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.