March 28, 2024, 04:53:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1620382 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #520 on: May 30, 2015, 07:46:10 PM »

Thanks to Red for providing this site, searches and his heart to families of the missing and lost. You really
started something that has grown and flourished and is something to be proud of. Hold you head high sir,
against all odds, you are still here, unlike the rest. That says a lot about COURAGE!!!

Thanks to Ms. Klassend for her dedication, hard work and most of all her loving heart on this site & in her life.

Thanks to the moderators who also dedicate, work hard and their hearts to the lost and missing families and members of this site.

Thanks to the family of Natalee Holloway who shared their beautiful, bright and loving daughter with all of us.

Thanks to the dedicated monkeys who continue to support Natalee's plight -  to be found.

Aruba no thanks to you who let a murderer free to kill again and may the blood be on your head.

Kyle Kingman, you can build your big fancy house, cover your guilt, but your cowardliness will be dealt with in the end buddy.

Amen!

And Amen!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: May 30, 2015, 10:45:58 PM »

You can't tell me that John Merryweather didn't know Joran or his family, he may not have known the Kalpoes or the security guards though.  They were all lying, from the very beginning.

I absolutely agree;  I had forgotten all about that off-putting man ... Sad
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: May 30, 2015, 10:47:32 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/08/23/aruba-admission.html

TWITTY: I met him in his office. And you know, the main things that we went over in the meeting, Greta — you know, I wanted to make it perfectly clear that — you know, Aruba is a small island. We agreed upon that. And this island, you know, it's well connected. Everyone knows everyone. And I wanted to make sure he knew there's no way that I will accept not having answers as to where Natalee is. And if I have to spend the next 40 years being the voice for her out of Aruba, I will. I am not going to accept that, especially with how the investigation was so poorly handled in the beginning. And the third thing, is anyone who can help put pressure — if the pressure needs to come out of Curacao, from the judges, to the defense team, to the prosecuting attorney — you know, if we've got specialized equipment on the island, just say the polygraph expert, that, you know, we need to utilize him. We certainly would not want to prosecute the wrong individuals.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did you get the idea that you connected with him and got your message across to him, or did you think he was simply being polite and nodding and listening to the sort of — you know, the mother who's looking for a child, the grieved mother?

TWITTY: I think he genuinely sees that I'm not going to give up and I will not accept not finding Natalee for an answer. Like I said, this island is too small, it's too connected. There's no way that I will accept that.

VAN SUSTEREN: How long did you spend with him?

TWITTY: Maybe 30 minutes.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was there any point when he discussed the investigation and — you know, any sort of, you know, things that he thought where the ball had been dropped?

TWITTY: Well, I think we both expressed our frustrations from early in the investigation. And there's no one that would disagree with that, of the incredible mistakes that were made early on.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was he at all specific in identifying where he wished that the investigation had been, you know, more thorough or more complete?

TWITTY: Absolutely. Those boys should have never been released out of there on May 31.

VAN SUSTEREN: And he agreed with that.

TWITTY: Yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did he say why they were released?

TWITTY: No. We didn't get into that, Greta.

VAN SUSTEREN: I mean, when is the last time you spoke to him?

TWITTY: The last time I spoke with him was probably early in June. And I will at least say this much. You know, Oduber and the minister of tourism, are the only two officials that have ever stepped forward to me on this island. And I told him I respected him at least for coming forward to me early on. You know, I was very upset that no one else has made contact with me since, but...

VAN SUSTEREN: I mean, is he going to do anything? Is anything going to change as a result of your meeting?

TWITTY: Oh, I don't know, Greta. The only thing I can do is make it perfectly clear what I will do.

VAN SUSTEREN: And when you made it perfectly clear that you intend to stay, how did he respond? How did he look when you said that?

TWITTY: Well, I think he knows that I'm genuine and I will carry Natalee's voice, if I have to, for the next 40 years. And if it's here in Aruba or if it's United States, I will continue looking for her, Greta.

People Magazine June 20, 2005

People Magazine July 4, 2005

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:52:45 AM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #523 on: May 30, 2015, 10:50:08 PM »

My rant for the day ....... I'm still livid at the "Persistence." Not only they did purposely ignore/conspire against the whole trap and "mission"  - they took public contributions for a commercial venture. While Kyle Kingman may have been duped, he is just as complicit for going along with it.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: May 30, 2015, 10:57:56 PM »

HT San

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: May 30, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »

an angelic monkey

People Magazine, May 30, 2015
http://www.people.com/article/natalee-holloway-10-years-later-no-new-leads-say-police

Natalee Holloway's Father Dave Reflects on Her Case 10 Years Later
05/30/2015 AT 09:10 PM EDT

Natalee Holloway
Family/AP

The world held only possibilities for 18-year-old Natalee Holloway, with graduation behind her and a freshman year ahead at the University of Alabama. But that world was cut short when she disappeared ten years ago on a sun-soaked trip to Aruba with her senior classmates to celebrate their achievement before going their separate ways.

For Natalee, 18, of Mountain Brook, Alabama, the path would end there. On the morning of May 30, 2005, as her friends gathered to fly home after a last night of partying on the island, Natalee was a no-show. Countless accusations, theories and false leads – including the later conviction of a prime suspect for another young woman's murder – have swirled for a decade without Natalee ever being found.

"The police and the prosecutor's office unfortunately do not have any new tips or leads" about what happened to her, according to a statement the Aruban police shared with PEOPLE.

Almost Justice
Yet both Holloways were sent reeling when van der Sloot, after fleeing Aruba with Beth's money before he could be arrested, traveled to Peru, where was later convicted of killing Stephany Flores Ramirez, 21, on the exact fifth anniversary of Natalee's disappearance. Peru's courts have ruled he must serve his entire 28-year sentence before he can be extradited to the U.S. to face trial for the extortion charge.

"Maybe he's not serving time for our case, but he's serving some time," says Dave Holloway. "He has to sit in a jail cell and think about it. He doesn't have his freedom."

"I'm satisfied where he's at, in one of the worst prison systems in the world."

Learning to Live
In their personal lives, Natalee's parents, each of whom wrote a book about Natalee and their experiences in Aruba, have sought to reconcile the past and present.

Dave, an insurance agent in Meridian, Mississippi, in his second marriage, now has daughters ages 12 and 17.

"I'm not going to allow myself to get back in the mental state that I was in the first three years – stressed out, mind roaming, you can't focus on anything," he says. "I have other children. You've got to strike a balance."

Last December he became a grandfather when Natalee's brother, Matt, 26, welcomed a baby girl, Rylee Ann.

And Beth, of Homewood, Alabama, who divorced her second husband after Natalee's disappearance, is now engaged again, she told B-Metro magazine.

"I'm in a place where I'm moving onward and upward," she said. "I'm not 'over' anything, because you don't get over the loss of a loved one, but you do begin to move on. There's never closure, because it's never over. But you do begin to find joy and peace and happiness." She also has returned to work with children in speech therapy, a job she held with the Mountain Brook schools in 2005.

With van der Sloot imprisoned in Peru on the Flores murder charge in 2010, Beth Holloway made a bold decision to travel there and encounter him face-to-face one more time.

"Once I visited … Joran in prison, and was able to walk away from there, it was almost a freeing experience for me," she told B-Metro. "It allowed me then to move onward …. I hadn't found peace and joy and happiness yet – but I began to recognize it and learned how to embrace it, and then I think it just led to place where I am now, which is a good place."

Says Dave Holloway: "I've always thought an anniversary was something to celebrate." Not so this May 30, which to him marks only the passing of time without knowing what happened, or finally having the chance to bring Natalee home.

"To me," he says, "it just marks 10 years."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:12:30 PM by grace-land » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: May 31, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/05/natalee_holloway_a_decade_late.html

Natalee Holloway: Alabama teen disappeared in Aruba 10 years ago today

By Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 30, 2015 at 8:00 AM, updated May 30, 2015 at 8:02 AM

On May 30, 2005 — 10 years ago today — then-18-year-old Mountain Brook resident Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba.

The effort to understand what happened to her continues to this day. Despite some recent reports purporting the emergence of new witnesses and evidence, authorities appear no closer to solving her case today than in September 2005, when all detained suspects were released by Aruban police.

After 10 full years of searching for answers, few new details have been uncovered. However, reporting by AL.com in Aruba led to refreshed connections with Aruban officials, including the island nation's chief prosecutor, as well as informed residents that have monitored the case's every move, such as Aruba's Diaro newspaper editor Jossy Mansur.

"They want to get rid of the case. They want the case closed,'' Mansur said. "They don't want to hear anything about it. It did its damage to the island at that time, and they live with the thought that they don't want the case to be reopened."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: May 31, 2015, 08:59:55 AM »

http://www.diario.aw/2010/09/joran-por-fabor-basha-abao-pa-caba/

http://www.diario.aw/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/joran.jpg

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: May 31, 2015, 09:23:39 AM »

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/2005_10_16_archive.html

Cruise Ship tourist protests in front of Courthouse
DIARIO Aruba
10/20/2005

ORANJESTAD (AAN): An American tourist who arrived Wednesday to our island on board the cruise ship “Volendam” of the Holland America Line, came determined to hold a protest in front of the courthouse.

Dressed in a t-shirt that says in the front: “Give Natalee Justice” and in the back “No Body ≠ No Crime”, the tourist expressed her opinion about Natalee’s case in silence.

Read in our edition from today what motivated Mrs. Maggie to take this type of action.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: May 31, 2015, 09:26:53 AM »

I LOVE that Jossie used the Joran Face of Aruba flag I created.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: May 31, 2015, 09:29:59 AM »

Who stepped up to the plate?  How much did it end up costing them?

Lawsuit Kalpoe against Skeeters too expensive
Amigoe.com
10/20/2005

ARUBA – “My client has limited means and cannot just institute a lawsuit in the United States”, said lawyer Rudi Oomen about the rumours that his client Deepak Kalpoe will take legal proceedings against Jamie Skeeters in the States. Skeeters is the man that recorded a conversation with Kalpoe and sold it to Dr. Phil’s TV-show.

Oomen indicated that if there are possibilities to bring charges against Skeeters without it costing too much money, they will definitely consider it. “I’m still looking for those possibilities.”

Posted by Getagrip at 10/20/2005 03:05:00 PM   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: May 31, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »

I know, that was too cool!    

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:41:32 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: May 31, 2015, 09:41:57 AM »

Klaas, you need to fix the picture if you can.  They've all gone poof! 

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/09/20/the-face-of-aruba/

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #533 on: May 31, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »

Wow, hard to believe it has been 10 long years without finding out more about Natalee.  I do believe that Beth had that case pinpointed those first few days.  It's such a shame that the van der Sloot family and Aruba covered the trutch with such subterfuge.  And poor Beth and Dave haven't been able to bring Natalee home to sweet Alabama. It's also such a shame thast Stephany had to die at the hands off Joran before he finally got taken off the streets.  How can all these people live with themselves?

I still find it strange that the day Paulus was arrested that Henninger guy dies in the cemetery supposedly at the hands of his wife.  Rene H ran the incinerator on the island, remember? Too many coincidences for none of it to fit together.

Anyway, my heart goes out to the families of Natalee and her loved ones.

Thanks Red for providing this forum for us for so long.  And to the many brave Monkeys that went ahead of us to their rewards, they are sitting right now in heaven knowing the absolute truth. 

Challapalca him!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: May 31, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: May 31, 2015, 10:50:32 AM »

I'll have to look and see how Red linked them.  I think it has something to do with the SM server.  But, he could have also used direct from an old Photobucket account as well.  I'll check.  I can certainly fix this one.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: May 31, 2015, 10:56:44 AM »

That one is fixed now!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: May 31, 2015, 11:46:11 AM »

That one is fixed now!

Thanks Klaas!   

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #538 on: May 31, 2015, 12:13:07 PM »

NATALEE HOLLOWAY & STEPHANY FLORES

PEACHES

2NJ

BILLB

THE JOURNEY FOR JUSTICE CONTINUES....

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:15:57 PM by Keepthefaith » Logged

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #539 on: May 31, 2015, 02:08:58 PM »

Thank you to those who have provided comments regarding the never-ending and tireless efforts to help not just the family of Natalee Holloway, but others as well. Thank to all of you as well and the mods, past and present, and to Klaas.

10 years and I cannot even begin to say what an adventure this has been. Personally I have lost a parent, a sister to cancer and 4 beloved pets along the way, including my precious Phoebe, a Chihuahua mix rescue puppy who I still have not gotten over. I said to both Beth and Dave way back at the beginning of this case that we would never give up. Honestly, I never knew way back when that the disappearance of Natalee Holloway would become so big and take on a life of its own.

We were newbies back then. There was no Facebook, there was no Twitter, there was no Instagram. Technically, at the outset of this case Scared Monkeys had no Forum. We just had the Front Page blog. I can't begin to tell you what it was like to monitor comments back in those days. Refresh ... 50 comments, refresh ... 100 comments. We had to find a way to better organize and centralize the posts, criteria and comments. After pondering high and low ... Enter the Forum ... the Monkey Cage.

As I look back, it would appear that SM was one of the first sites on the web to incorporate a blog and a forum together. Back in 2005, you were either one one the other. Heck, blogs were kinda new at that point.

In 2005 SM was the on-line focal point of the Natalee Holloway case. We had the Front Page crew and the Forum and all the many different theories, opinions and comments. We learned along the way that not all moderators were created equal. Some had their own agenda and brought much drama. Some too much drama and were shown the door. The same could be said for many guests and commenters. One of the interesting things about SM is it was the originator of about 5 or 6 different blogs and forums of those who either had an agenda that was contrary to the goals of SM or those with opinions that were just to hateful or those with egos who just could not be apart of a good thing. BTW, the goal of SM was to find the girl and provide Justice for Natalee.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.