March 28, 2024, 03:46:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1620370 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #720 on: April 17, 2016, 06:27:01 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:30:30 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: April 17, 2016, 06:31:29 PM »

He makes me so sick.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: April 17, 2016, 06:57:28 PM »

Video of John van den Huevel's show that aired Thursday night at the link.

https://www.facebook.com/336248473075444/videos/1174273209272962/

Crime scene

"Confession" Joran van der sloot draws 1,6 million viewers

The interest for joran van der sloot is still great. The interview that crime reporter John van den heuvel with a hidden camera with van der sloot made in the maximum-Security Prison, remote Thursday night in Peru has over 1,6 million viewers.

They translated Maximo Altez and used Dutch subtitles in part of his interview, so I typed some of them out and ran them through google translate.

Joran bevindt zich nu in een zwaar beveiligde gevangenis. En binnen die gevangenis zit hij geisoleerd.  Dat komt omdat hij problemen had met andere gedetineerden.  In Peru denkt men dat buitenlandse gevangenen veel geld hebben.  En bij Joran van der Sloot dachten ze dat zijn familie miljonair was.  De gevangenen in Challapalca zijn erg gehard en wilden geld van hem.  Maar Joran is iemand die van zich afbijt.  Hij is heel onverschrokken.  Hij vecht terug.  Hij laat niet met zich sollen.  Daarom raakte hij in gevecht en werd hij drie keer in z n rug gestoken.  We vroegen om overplaatsing.  Maar dat werd geweigerd en toen hebben ze hem geisoleerd.  In de gevangenis Challapalca is een speciale ruimte met andere gevangenen.  In deze ruimte bij de keuken zitten maar twee gevangenen.  Joran van der Sloot en 'n adere gevangene.  

Joran is now in a high security prison. And within that prison he's isolated. That's because he had problems with other inmates. In Peru, it is believed that foreign prisoners have lots of money. Ditch and they thought his family was a millionaire by Joran van der. The prisoners in Challapalca are very hardy and wanted money from him. But Joran is someone who stripper himself. He's very fearless. He fights back. He will not be pushed around. That's why he got in a fight and was stabbed three times in z n back. We asked for a transfer. But were refused and then they isolated him. In prison Challapalca is a special area with other prisoners. In this space in the kitchen are only two prisoners. Joran van der Sloot and one posted to another prisoner.

(edit to add more)

Het is een heel zware reis.  Het is zes uur rijden met de auto.  De gevangenis bevindt zich 5500 meter boven de zeespiegel.  Daarom hebben we er problemen met ademhalen.  Het is een zwaar beveiligde gevangenis, dus de ingangscontrole is heel streng.  We zullen een heel andere man aantreffen.  Het is een heel ander persoon dan de man die jullie kennen.  Hij is veel volwassener geworden.  Hej heeft meer verantwoordelijkheden door z'n gezin.  Hij is veranderd.  Zijn persoonlijkheid is helemaal veranderd.  

It is a very difficult journey. It is six hours away by car. The prison is located 5500 meters above sea level. That's why we have trouble breathing. It is a high security prison, so the entry control is very strict. We will see a very different man. It's a completely different person than the man you know. He has become more mature. He has more responsibilities by his family. He has changed. His personality has changed completely.

(another edit to add more)

Joran is veroordeeld en moet de straf nu accepteren.  Hij is in hoger beroep gegaan en nu is 't afgelopen.  Vanwege de gevangenisstraf die Joran is opgelegd, 28 jaar...  Kan een derde van de straf kwijtgescholden worden.  Maar dat is een gunst, geen recht.  En de wet is heel streng voor mensen...  die veroordeeld zijn voor een misdaad als die van Joran.  Dan kennen ze die gunst niet toe.  Tegelijkertijd is de vader van het slachtoffer...  de heer Ricardo Flores, de vader van Stephany Flores...  tegen wie hij die misdaad heeft begaan...  iemand die in Peru veel invloed heeft.  Hij zal ervoor zorgen dat hem geen gunsten worden verleend.  Hij is ons grootste obstakel.  

Joran has been convicted and the punishment must accept now. He appealed and now it 's over. Due to the imprisonment Joran was imposed 28 years ... Can a third of the sentence be remitted. But that is a favor, not a right. And the law is very strict for people ... who have been convicted of a crime as that of Joran. They know that does not favor increasing. At the same time the father of the victim ... Mr Ricardo Flores, father of Stephany Flores ... against whom he committed this crime ... someone who has a lot of influence in Peru. He will ensure that he be granted any favors. He is our biggest obstacle.

(another edit to add more)

Hoe Joran en Leidy elkaar leerden kennen?  Ze leerden elkaar kennen toen Leidy een familielid bezocht.  Daarom hebben ze elkaar in de gevangenis ontmoet, in Castro Castro.  Het is een liefdevolle relatie.  Ze houden van elkaar en communiceren veel.  Leidy staat altijd voor Joran klaar, bijvoorbeeld als hij ziek is.  Ze helpt hem met wettelijke documenten.  Ze doet altijd alles om hem te helpen.  Ja, ongeveer een maand geleden kwam Leidy met haar op bezoek.  Voor Joran was dat heel emotioneel, volgens de gevangenismedewerkers.  Joran werd heel emotioneel toen hij zijn dochter zag.  Hij heeft z'n dochter gezien en is daar heel blij mee.

How Joran and Leidy met? They met when Leidy visited a relative. Therefore, they met in prison Castro Castro. It is a loving relationship. They love each other and communicate a lot. Leidy is always ready for Joran, for example, if he is sick. She helps him with legal documents. They always do anything to help him. Yeah, about a month ago Leidy came to visit her. For Joran was very emotional, according to the prison staff. Joran was very emotional when he saw his daughter. He saw his daughter and was very happy with that.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 07:49:18 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: April 17, 2016, 07:00:43 PM »

Sounds to me like more special treatment for the inmate that the authorities determined stabbed himself for a transfer?  If it's really in the kitchen area, the monster is probably staying warm too!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: May 03, 2016, 06:51:55 PM »

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_1e2a177e-0d69-11e6-8528-c3e53927e56d.html

Curtain opens for student's original musical "Holloway"
By Keaton Lane, keaton.lane@iowastatedaily.com  Updated Apr 28, 2016   0

The curtain is rising on a new, original musical written by an Iowa State student.

“Holloway” is a new musical written and composed by Joseph Smith, senior in performing arts. The show follows the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway while on a school trip to Aruba and the effect that her disappearance had on her friends and family.

“Back in high school I was aware of the case and of her disappearance, and I was always intrigued and wasn’t quite sure why,” Smith said. “I thought of the case again two years ago. After writing the first song I realized I needed to write this, because I had a voice and a story that I wanted to share, and I had something to give back to the world.”

Smith received a grant through the Focus: Artist Grant Program, which gave him the resources necessary to produce a stage reading of the musical. The reading involves Iowa State students as well as actors from the Ames and Des Moines area.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: May 05, 2016, 03:44:39 PM »

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_1e2a177e-0d69-11e6-8528-c3e53927e56d.html

Curtain opens for student's original musical "Holloway"
By Keaton Lane, keaton.lane@iowastatedaily.com  Updated Apr 28, 2016   0

The curtain is rising on a new, original musical written by an Iowa State student.

“Holloway” is a new musical written and composed by Joseph Smith, senior in performing arts. The show follows the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway while on a school trip to Aruba and the effect that her disappearance had on her friends and family.

“Back in high school I was aware of the case and of her disappearance, and I was always intrigued and wasn’t quite sure why,” Smith said. “I thought of the case again two years ago. After writing the first song I realized I needed to write this, because I had a voice and a story that I wanted to share, and I had something to give back to the world.”

Smith received a grant through the Focus: Artist Grant Program, which gave him the resources necessary to produce a stage reading of the musical. The reading involves Iowa State students as well as actors from the Ames and Des Moines area.

As bizarre as this sounds, anything that keeps her name in the world is important lest anyone forget.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: May 08, 2016, 10:47:47 PM »

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 10:52:22 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: June 22, 2016, 07:19:02 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/venezuela-aruba-refinery-idUSL1N19E18K

Markets | Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:34pm EDT Related: STOCKS, MARKETS, ENERGY

Venezuela PDVSA unit eyes up to $600 mln to overhaul Aruba refinery

CARACAS, JUNE 22 | BY ALEXANDRA ULMER

Citgo Petroleum, the U.S. unit of Venezuela's PDVSA, will likely invest about $400 million to $600 million to overhaul Aruba's refinery under a 25-year lease with the Caribbean island's government, a top PDVSA official said on Wednesday.

Citgo earlier this month signed the agreement to reactivate the 235,000-barrel-per-day refinery, which would help process the South American's oil producer's extra-heavy crude.

The previous operator, Valero Energy Corp, idled the refinery in 2012 because of its low profit.

"We're eyeing investments in the refinery that would be more or less between $400 (million) and $600 million," Jesus Luongo, vice president of refining, trade and supply, said in an interview on the sidelines of an oil workers' rally in support of the leftist government of Nicolas Maduro.

PDVSA President Eulogio Del Pino told Reuters earlier this month that Citgo was raising money from international banks to fund the project.

Luongo declined to say how much Citgo was seeking.

PDVSA's finances have declined with the slump in oil prices, but Citgo enjoyed some relief last year from higher refining margins.

The Aruba complex could be up and running again within 1-1/2 to two years, Citgo has said.

Venezuela is also mulling building a gas pipeline from the Paraguana peninsula northward to the Aruba refinery, Luongo added.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: June 22, 2016, 08:18:22 PM »

Citgo Petroleum, the U.S. unit of Venezuela's PDVSA, will likely invest about $400 million to $600 million to overhaul Aruba's refinery under a 25-year lease with the Caribbean island's government, a top PDVSA official said on Wednesday.

Citgo earlier this month signed the agreement to reactivate the 235,000-barrel-per-day refinery, which would help process the South American's oil producer's extra-heavy crude.

The previous operator, Valero Energy Corp, idled the refinery in 2012 because of its low profit.

"We're eyeing investments in the refinery that would be more or less between $400 (million) and $600 million," Jesus Luongo, vice president of refining, trade and supply, said in an interview on the sidelines of an oil workers' rally in support of the leftist government of Nicolas Maduro.

PDVSA President Eulogio Del Pino told Reuters earlier this month that Citgo was raising money from international banks to fund the project.

PDVSA's finances have declined with the slump in oil prices, but Citgo enjoyed some relief last year from higher refining margins.

The Aruba complex could be up and running again within 1-1/2 to two years, Citgo has said.

Venezuela is also mulling building a gas pipeline from the Paraguana peninsula northward to the Aruba refinery, Luongo added.

So will they hire Arubans to work at the refinery or Venezuelans?  Not that I really care 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: June 23, 2016, 06:56:40 AM »

So will they hire Arubans to work at the refinery or Venezuelans?  Not that I really care 

When I read it, I was imagining a much larger influx of Venezuelans to the island.  Considering what I recall from posting in the murder/crime thread for years, that can't be a good thing imo.  But I don't really care either.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: June 23, 2016, 08:04:29 AM »

Yep that's what I was thinking too.  Can't be a good thing for tourism 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: June 26, 2016, 01:13:05 PM »

Oh boy...got my blood boiling this morning reading this. 

Have to wonder how much Bobby Brown really knows about this guy. 

Seriously...do your research!

JMO

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154359285039759&set=a.426560634758.201625.711809758&type=3

Bobby Brown
59 mins ·
@stephwatts Is truly a ‪#‎HardNosedBrilliantDetermined‬ Investigative ‪#‎HighProfileProducer‬ that is on a MISSION to be the 1st Producer/Reporter that's working NON-STOP to take the WORLD behind the scenes with NEVER before told ‪#‎STORIES‬ that's being ‪#‎RELEASED‬ on his upcoming ‪#‎ID‬ special.

https://www.facebook.com/bobby.brown.9674/posts/10154359136559759

Bobby Brown shared Steph Watts's post.
2 hrs ·
@stephwatts is the ‪#‎INVESTIGATIVEjournalistEXTRAORDINAIRE‬, the WORLD will be seeing his TENACITY to take everyone behind the scene's from 20 years ago to 2016 with ‪#‎NEVERbeforeToldSTORIES‬ from folks that only agreed to speak out about the ‪#‎MURDERofJonBenetRamsey‬ exclusively to @StephWatts. These amazing STORIES will be revealed in his upcoming ‪#‎SPECIAL‬ on the ID channel. @StephWatts is truly on a MISSION to bring ‪#‎JUSTICEforJonBenet‬, are you WILLING to JOIN him? There is NO such thing as a ‪#‎PerfectMurder‬, will this ‪#‎ID‬ special prove that?

Steph Watts traveling to New York, New York from Denver International Airport.
10 hrs · Denver, CO ·
It's a wrap....longest week ever, couldn't have got through it without my DP and new found friend Justin Foster. Goodbye Denver, Hello NYC

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: July 01, 2016, 08:03:27 AM »

From the twitter posts referenced in the article, this is from the end of May.

http://www.notiactual.com/al-menos-100-venezolanos-deportados-desde-aruba/

Google translation:

At Least 100 Venezuelans Deported From Aruba

At least 10 Venezuelans without papers were arrested early on Saturday in Aruba by the authorities, who have seen illegal migration has intensified in recent months against the rampant economic and supply crises plaguing the oil - rich nation.

Venezuelans arrested on Saturday were in the local "La Silla Bar" and will be deported, as reported by the journalist Yoli Ramirez. In addition, that same Saturday, in other procedures, 22 other people, mostly Venezuelan, were also arrested for not having residence permit on the island.

In recent days some 100 Venezuelans have been detained and deported for not having papers in order to live or work in Aruba, closes Ramirez.

http://www.caribbeannewsnow.com/headline-Aruba-at-heightened-state-of-alert-due-to-political-situation-in-Venezuela-30384.html

Aruba at heightened state of alert due to political situation in Venezuela
Published on May 14, 2016

WILLEMSTAD, Curacao -- According to a report by the Aruban news site NoticiaCla.com in connection with the current political situation in Venezuela, where protests and civil unrest are a concern, the Aruba Police Force, together with other relevant authorities, has decided to raise the state of alert, especially on the coast of the island.

In an official statement, authorities indicated that steps have been taken to prevent groups, either out of fear or for a better life, crossing the sea to Aruba.

The public has already noticed the heightened state of alert through more police patrols on the coast. Besides the police patrols on land there will be more patrols on the water by the police, in cooperation with the Coast Guard. The Coast Guard has now increased its presence in Aruban waters.

Although the intensified police controls apply to the entire Aruban coast, there will be extra attention to well-known places like Arashi, the dog cemetery in the Lago Colony and nearby beaches like Baby Beach and Rodgers Beach.

https://thedailyherald.sx/islands/57850-parliaments-to-ask-for-venezuela-action-plan

Parliaments to ask for Venezuela action plan

02 JUNE 2016

THE HAGUE--The Parliaments of the Netherlands, Aruba, Curaçao and St. Maarten will be sending a request to the Kingdom Government to draft a plan of action in case of a full-blown crisis in Venezuela with the associated mass migration to the Leeward Islands.
The four Parliaments, currently meeting in The Hague as part of the Inter-Parliamentary Consultation for the Kingdom IPKO, expressed their deep concern about the crisis in Venezuela. The effects on especially nearby Aruba, and to a lesser extent Curaçao and Bonaire, of a mass migration in the form of refugees would be detrimental.

Aruba, in fact, is already feeling the effects of the Venezuela crisis on a daily basis, said Member of the Aruba Parliament Rene Herdé of the AVP party. Crime has not only been on the rise in Venezuela, but criminals from the South American country have extended their working field to Aruba. “These semi-tourists are committing armed robberies and other crimes,” said Herdé.

Herdé of Aruba concurred and said that people fleeing Venezuela would opt to come to the islands because there were no other possibilities since the borders with Guyana, Brazil and Colombia are closed. Aruba will surely help the refugee Venezuelans, said Herdé. “They are our friend, our brothers. We are affiliated.”

However, Aruba doesn’t have the physical and organizational capacity to provide shelter for a very large number of Venezuelan refugees, said Herdé. He said Aruba would want to send these people on to other countries such as the United States (US) and Panama.

Member of the Second Chamber André Bosman of the liberal democratic VVD party urged the countries to secure a legal basis on how to deal with refugees. He suggested introducing a visa obligation for Venezuelans who want to visit the islands in order to keep out refugees at the border.

Both Aruba and Curaçao objected to this suggestion of a visa policy. “This is a sovereign matter,” said Andin Bikker of Aruba’s PDR party. “This will also close the doors for wealthy tourists and potential investors. Besides, a visa is not going to stop a refugee. Having a visa policy is not the silver bullet,” said Alex Rosaria of Curaçao’s PAIS party.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:36:25 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: July 01, 2016, 09:39:34 AM »

Looks like MIP6 is back, living in Aruba and working with Philip Merryweather.

https://www.gofundme.com/vbg7b884

Created December 24, 2015

Mark Purcell  
  SALLISAW, OK

$965 of $75k goal
Raised by 17 people in 6 months

Philips Animal Garden in Aruba

Welcome all Animal Lovers.

My name is Mark; I have lived in Aruba for over 15 years. I currently help operate the refreshment center at Philips Animal Garden and manage the Facebook and trip advisor postings for Philips Animal Garden. During my time here in Aruba I have been involved with many of the animal rescue organizations in one fashion or another, from raising money for a cat hotel to helping catch the invasive boas to rescuing street dogs to fostering more than 13 cats at one time. Of all the groups I have interacted with Philips Animal Garden is doing the work that no one else can or will do.

Philip Merryweather, founder of Philips Animal Garden has been helping care for animals almost his entire life. From saving abandoned puppy litters and finding them all forever homes and caring for sick birds like egrets & pelicans until they are well enough to be released back into the wild doing all this starting in his pre-teens.

Over the years many of the animals he rescued could not be sent back to the wild or released as by doing this would mean they would not survive. So he started building a small garden on his family’s property to house and care for these different animals, all funded out of his own pocket from his salary as a restaurant server and eventually manager.

A couple of his past rescues, like the baby calf he found dehydrated and trapped in cactus 10 years ago while hiking on the far side of the island, he brought the calf home and bottle feed until it was strong and able to take solid food, today that calf is over 1000 pounds of happy healthy steer.

Another which is still talked about here on the island is how he trapped an ocelot that had escaped from someone’s home that was keeping it as a pet, while others were hunting the animal to kill it, Philip used the urine of another ocelot he had already saved from an abusive owner and was able to trap it, saving it from being killed by others as a danger to the population.

About 6 years ago, a zoo that was on the island collapsed and most of the large animals were sold off to other zoos in South America and the Caribbean, however many large older mammals where left and abandoned to fend for themselves. Philip stepped in and saw to it that all of these animals where fed and watered and cared for and moved them to his garden once he was able to complete the building of safe resident areas for them, all this out of his own pocket!!!!

Five years ago he opened his garden, Philips Animal Garden to the public, as he could no longer fund his passion for animals out of his own pocket, excepting donations at the entrance to help pay for the care of his rescued residents. As word spread of Philip and his garden and his passion for all animals regardless of species, more calls came in asking for help, Philip being Philip never said no to an animal in need. We to this day receive calls daily to help with an abandon baby goat or to rescue someone from a boa that has wondered into their yard or receiving a litter of puppies that was found tossed away like so much trash.

Two and half years ago, he had to start a small tour company Around Aruba Tours to help offset the growing costs to maintain the garden and the rescued residents, all profits from his tour company go back into Philips Animal Garden.

Just the water bill runs more than $100 per day to keep the residents hydrated and the garden clean.

Some of the more recent rescues, Korra a Howler monkey that was found in a 3’ x 3’ cage in someone’s home where he had been kept for more than 5 years or Sam the Jaguarondi that was someone’s “pet” until they could no longer care for it or Coco the crocodile that was found on a disabled boat off the coast of Aruba bound with duct tape heading to god only knows where from somewhere in South America.

The above photos are Korra & Sam.

One of the litters of puppy’s  (6) that we rescued this past Oct. included one little guy, who I named Trey. When the litter came to us they were about 2 weeks old. Trey’s front left paw had been crushed somehow to the point that it was rotting and had to be removed if he was to have any chance to survive. Today at around 11 weeks old Trey is running and enjoying his forever home, his life would have ended back in Oct. if not for the extreme efforts Philip and our team put forward to take care of him.

This is Trey the day him and his litter mates were rescued.

Philip works tirelessly from well before sun rise to late into the night 7 days a week working to make better lives for all animals that needs his help.

The above just scratches the surface of all the great things that Philips Animal Garden has been able to do for all animal species that needs our help. I will be more than happy to provide more detail if you need.

With this campaign we are hoping to raise funds for three specific things:

To raise funds to purchase materials to build forever homes for Sam the Jaguarondi, who is currently in a temporary cage we normally use for rescued cats and kittens that we put up for adoption and for Korra, the Howler monkey who is now in a much bigger area then he lived in for more than 5 years, however this area is far too small for him to live in as a forever home. His current area is approx. 10 feet by 30 feet and 8 feet high.

The cost of materials only for these two areas is $45,000 for us to buy and have shipped to the island.

The third project we are hoping to raise funds for is one that we have already started, to rescue all the homeless street dogs on the island and have them cleaned up and treated for any illness they may have, then neuter them and return them to the streets.

A conservative estimate of the number of homeless dogs on the island is over 3000. With an average life span of less than 6 years, however during that 6 years they can reproduce many more potential homeless puppies, sadly most of these dogs can never find a forever home. Our program is aimed at stopping the cycle of homeless dogs breeding more homeless dogs, a long term solution and one that cannot be done in a week or month or year. This is a program that we will be doing daily if we are able to raise enough funds until we have it under control.

Our cost per dog averages $90.00.

We are hoping to raise $30,000 to give us the opportunity to not have to sit and wait until we have a few extra dollars in the bank, which is what we do now. If we have say $300 available we will go and find 3 or 4 homeless dogs.

With donations specifically designated for this rescue mission we can go out and really have an impact by finding a dozen or more dogs a week.

Our funding needs are urgent, the sooner we are able to rasie the money needed the sooner we can provide the forever homes for Korra & Sam and start making a positive impact on helping all the homeless dogs on the island.

Philip and all of us who share his passion for all animals would be forever grateful to be able to make these three projects come to pass, knowing that we were able to provide safe, healthy lives for all the animals we will be able help have much better lives than they do now.

I know this was long, but I felt the store needed to be told.

We thank you for taking the time to read our story and thank you in advance for donating, if you are not able to donate, we understand and ask that you please share our story and our need with as many people as you can.

Philips Animal Garden Fackbook

Update 1
6 months ago

I want to thank all of you who have donated so far to help us fund our animal rescue habitat’s much needed projects.
Right after I started this gofundme page on Christmas Eve, Philip did another amazing rescue, a momma and her 11 puppies. For details of this rescue visit Philips Animal Gardens facebook page.
I am a little sad that with all of the people who follow and are friends of Philip, Philips Animal Garden and myself we have only been able raise a very small part of what is needed.
Please keep in mind that Philips Animal Garden is operated 100% from donations so every dollar helps.
Thank you all again
Help spread the word!

https://www.facebook.com/pagaruba/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g488162-d2513634-Reviews-Philip_s_Animal_Garden-Noord_Aruba.html
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:43:04 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: July 01, 2016, 10:52:01 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/Aruba.Animal.Shelter/photos/a.463727413691989.109572.388212747910123/696842377047157/?type=3

Aruba Animal Shelter
Like This Page · April 12, 2014 ·

Lily was adopted today by a nice couple...yay!!!!! — with Mark Purcell and Dora Zapata.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #735 on: July 04, 2016, 01:41:07 PM »

Really secure prisons in Peru.

http://www.peruthisweek.com/news-six-prisoners-escape-109882
Six prisoners escape from La Oroya Prison

5 Hours ago

Alex Mann

On Sunday afternoon six heavily armed prisoners escaped from the La Oroya prison, in the Junín region.

It appears as though the prisoners got their weapons from visitors. How is this possible? La Oroya houses 119 inmates, is a minimum security penitentiary, and has very lenient regulations for visiting.

Using their recently acquired weapons the six prisoners were able to reduce prison guards before fleeing the prison facility.

As reported by El Comercio, “The initial report I have is that at approximately 3 p.m. took advantage of a visit,” said Julio Magán, head of the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE).

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: July 05, 2016, 01:04:11 PM »

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/58360-d66-vvd-very-concerned-about-citgo-aruba-deal

D66, VVD very concerned about CITGO Aruba deal

25 JUNE 2016

THE HAGUE--The Dutch Government will shortly provide an extensive update to the Second Chamber of the Dutch Parliament on the recent deal between Aruba and CITGO Petroleum to reopen and operate the refinery in San Nicolas.

Dutch Minister of Home Affairs and Kingdom Relations Ronald Plasterk made this promise during a debate with the Second Chamber’s Permanent Committee for Kingdom Relations on Thursday on the insistence of Member of Parliament (MP) Alexander Pechtold of the Democratic Party D66.

Pechtold and his colleague André Bosman of the liberal democratic VVD party questioned the deal between the Aruba Government and CITGO, the United States unit of Venezuela’s state-owned petroleum company PdVSA, signed in Caracas earlier this month.

Based on the agreement, CITGO will likely invest about US $400 million to US $600 million to overhaul Aruba’s refinery under a 25-year lease. The Aruba complex could be up and running again within one and a half to two years, CITGO has said.

Venezuela is also mulling building a gas pipeline from the Paraguana peninsula northward to the Aruba refinery. Running the facility on gas will make the refinery more environmentally friendly. Constructing the gas pipeline is a costly affair for which the finances still have to be secured.

Both Pechtold and Bosman referred to the highly unstable situation in neighbouring Venezuela. “The country is on the verge of a civil war,” said Pechtold, who wondered how this would affect the reopening of the Aruba refinery, the associated investments and the plans to build a gas pipeline.

“Of course the reopening of the refinery would be a big boost for Aruba’s refinery, but there are also nature and environmental risks. Besides, there are doubts whether this is financially sound,” said Pechtold, who questioned Venezuela’s financial-economic stability. “Who will pay for the gas pipeline?

Besides no one knows for certain that the facility will indeed run on gas in the future,” said Pechtold.

Bosman also inquired about the cost of the pipeline. “The construction of a pipeline is a costly affair, and I am not even talking about the maintenance. All that for an inefficient refinery? I am very worried whether this project is financially feasible. Looking ahead, I see a hole of several billions. Who will pay for that? Certainly not the Dutch taxpayer,” said Bosman.

In answering the concerns and questions posed, Minister Plasterk emphasized that the refinery was first and foremost an autonomous affair of Country Aruba. This also counted for the financial aspects of the reopening of the refinery. He said that as far as he knew the deal was not entirely completed and that the finances for the projected gas pipeline and the consequences for the environment were not clear as yet.

Pechtold and Bosman expressed great concerns about the project. “A bit shady. There are simply too many things that are unclear. I want to know whether there is a deal or not, and I want to know the details of this deal,” said Bosman.

“This is getting me a bit nervous,” said Pechtold, who asked Plasterk if he was willing to look over Aruba’s shoulder in their dealings with this highly complex affair. “The contract involves an extensive document of some 2,000 pages.”

A proactive approach in this regard from the side of the Netherlands would be very wise, also because the complexity of the project, legal, geo-politically and otherwise, would be too large for Aruba to handle on its own, said Pechtold. “I want to prevent that in two to three years we will all say, we should have kept better check.”

Plasterk promised that he would discuss Pechtold’s request for voluntary expert assistance with the Aruba Government. He also pledged to draft a letter to the Second Chamber before the summer recess with the information that he had concerning the CITGO deal.

Pechtold, who pressed Plasterk for this letter, asked that the document contain a sort of “quick scan” with not only information about the deal, but also which consequences the situation in Venezuela could have on the Aruba refinery. “I want to be informed broadly, because I am not at all comfortable on this matter.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2016, 07:33:05 AM »

Aruba will never live this down, we're still waiting...   

http://www.emergencymgmt.com/training/New-course-prepares-future-visitor-industry-leaders-for-disasters.html

New Course Prepares Future Visitor Industry Leaders for Disasters
The course aims to teach students new and innovative ways to face 21st-century crises ranging from pandemics and natural disasters to economic undulations, terrorism, crime and ocean safety.

Allison Schaefers, The Honolulu Star-Advertiser | July 5, 2016

“It is our goal at KCC to educate our students with the knowledge of the importance of security and safety prior to entering the workforce. As the future leaders of hospitality and tourism, they must know that tourism and security must be partners,” said Rosalie Fernandez, the KCC associate professor and program coordinator working to develop the course curriculum.

As one of the world’s top leisure destinations, Tarlow said Hawaii needs to be mindful of becoming complacent.

“We do have to make the assumption that when people go on vacation they assume that you are there to take care of them,” Tarlow said.“It’s very important in tourism to show people that you care.”

Tarlow said the Hawaii Visitor Industry Security Association and the Visitor Aloha Society of Hawaii (VASH) have helped mitigate damage from negative visitor experiences since the late 1990s, when crime in Waikiki was at its zenith and a high rate of crystal meth use was creating widespread problems.

“Crime had gotten to the point where the Japanese consul general was going to go on TV and recommend that Waikiki was unsafe for Japanese travelers,” he said. “In those days there was a lot of purse snatching, pickpocketing, car break-ins, prostitution and street performers that would harass and rip off tourists.”

Hawaii is not without such crime today, but Tarlow said VASH successfully works with the Honolulu Police Department, which has a substation in Waikiki.

“I speak about VASH all over the world,” Tarlow said. “Nobody does a better job taking care of someone when something goes wrong. In today’s world people aren’t afraid of security, they are looking for it.”

Jessica Lani Rich, executive director of VASH, said despite improved security for tourists, the agency last year handled 890 incidents involving 2,123 people from more than 25 countries. Most of the victims — nearly 59 percent — were referred to the agency by county police.

“Our visitors need to be aware that even when they are on vacation, they need to keep their guard up,” Rich said. “We deal with a lot of thefts on the beach and car break-ins, but we also see victims of vacation rental scams and other more serious incidents like assaults and drownings.”

Nearly a quarter of VASH’s 2015 cases involved theft. Unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle and medical emergencies were the next-largest categories, with each responsible for nearly 17 percent of VASH cases. Robbery was the cause of nearly 6 percent of VASH’s cases.

Virtually the only major crime that VASH didn’t have to respond to last year was kidnapping. The agency helped visitors who complained that they had been victims of assault, sex crimes, terroristic threats, auto theft, domestic abuse, attempted murder and human trafficking. They also handled reports of missing persons and auto accidents.

VASH handled 154 deaths last year. No homicides or auto deaths were reported. Natural causes accounted for more than a third of the cases; however, the highest death count came from water/ocean incidents, which killed 62 people, or 40 percent of the total.

“People don’t expect bad things to happen in paradise,” Rich said.

That’s why Tarlow said Hawaii’s visitor industry and its future leaders need to be prepared.

“We will never teach our visitors how to take care of themselves. The word ‘vacation’ is derived from the French word ‘vacance,’ which means to empty the mind,” said Tarlow, who advised the Caribbean island of Aruba on how to restore tourism after the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway.

Still, it only takes one incident to destroy a tourism industry, Tarlow said.

“The public is more forgiving of a natural event than a man-made one,” he said. “Ten years later Aruba is still dealing with the abuse and neglect that came out of the Natalee Holloway incident. They’ve only started to come back.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: July 07, 2016, 04:37:14 PM »

http://peru21.pe/actualidad/tacna-piden-cerrar-penal-challapalca-2250902

Google translation

Tacna: Mayors ask Pedro Pablo Kuczynski close Challapalca wave of insecurity
Saturday July 2, 2016 | 7:59

Tacna. The mayor of Tacna, Luis Torres, and district mayors of New City, Pocollay and Natividad sent a petition to President-elect Pedro Pablo Kuczynski, requesting that the Challapalca prison, located in the mountains of the Tacna region is closed. To this request leaders from different locations joined Puno.

They claim that due to the presence of those close to the 144 highly dangerous inmates held in this prison, insecurity has increased alarmingly in both regions.

"To survive (relatives) carry out illegal activities affecting the peace," says the document.

In the Challapalca prison, which is located at 4,800 meters, they are held Joran van der Sloot, Gerald Oropeza, Renzo Espinoza, alias 'Renzito' Carlos Timaná, among others.

Perú21 communicated with the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) to its position on the request of the mayors, however, representatives of the Office Imaging indicated that they will not comment until receiving the formal request of the authorities.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: July 09, 2016, 12:33:51 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208930849804487&set=a.1564022696486.2079692.1112926544&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208889209083495&set=a.10200843031214077.1073741826.1112926544&type=3&theater

Ricardo FloresChipoco with Bob Flores.
May 30 ·
With my son JuanCarlos visiting my daughter today is 6 years which left us

https://www.facebook.com/ricardorifloflores/photos/a.590747294296242.1073741833.590459490991689/1032786326759001/?type=3&theater

Ricardo Riflo Flores
June 19  ·

Feliz día al mejor padre que existe.
Esta foto lo dice todo.
Te amo ❤️🇵🇪🏁👏🍾

Happy bday to the best dad there is.
This photo says it all.
I love you

Feb 20, 2016
http://elbocon.pe/otros-deportes/carrera-de-autos/ricardo-flores-representara-a-peru-en-la-carrera-homestead-500-120058/

Ricardo Flores will represent Peru at the Homestead race 500
Aboard his Ford Mustang, the Peruvian pilot going for the win at Homestead 500.

https://ricardoflorespiloto.blogspot.com/2016/05/ricardo-flores-kommt-hart-zu-spielberg.html

martes, 24 de mayo de 2016

RICARDO FLORES COMES HARD TO PORSCHE CARRERA CUP GERMANY SPIELBERG

After a successful start in Oschersleben and Hockenheim, the Peruvian driver Ricardo Flores is ready to participate for the fifth and sixth data of the famous Porsche Carrera Cup Germany. The race is run on the Red Bull Ring in Austria. The 26-year-old from Lima has collected his basics in motorsport in his home country. Flores is part of a select group of pilots from Austria, Germany, Holland, Ireland, England, Switzerland, Norway and Sweden. Ricardo adds experience and kilometers of the Porsche Super Cup goal. This category is a showcase for those looking for new talent. 2007 to 2013 he drove circuit racing and rallies, sometimes with his father. "I never had to run the chance of the Red Bull Ring. The simulator has helped me. Hours and hours Training on the simulator let me its lines, curves and all the details to know. also, it helps to understand me the car. My mood is very high. prepared very well physically and mentally to win, "Flores said. in the last two years Flores, he moved to sports car racing (SCCA) in the USA and he also launched at the Nascar Whelen All Series. He allowed his first 24-hour race with a Ford Mustang in Daytona. 2016 he was with a BMW the German team Sorg Motorsport first time for the 24 Hours of Dubai field. Ricardo Flores Ramirez now starts in his first season in the Porsche Carrera Cup Germany in the B-rating for the gentleman driver. The weekend will be special for Ricardo Flores. His car carries the Peruvian colors with pride and he is an ambassador of our country in Europe. A very high presence of Peru in the world motorsport. Good luck Ricardo. Hans-Peter Firbas Press Ricardo Flores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y2ux__YDNg

Published on Jul 4, 2016
Ricardo "Riflo" Flores Jr. Class B wins Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland

https://www.facebook.com/ricardorifloflores/photos/a.590641460973492.1073741832.590459490991689/1037402186297415/?type=3&theater

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.