March 28, 2024, 04:07:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1620197 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1800 on: February 18, 2020, 07:46:07 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1801 on: March 29, 2020, 03:19:11 PM »

So many came to mind, including Natalee.  We can always hope.  

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/03/22/american-woman-rescued-secretive-military-op-trump-says.html

American Woman Rescued in Secretive Military Op, Trump Says

Military.com | By Richard Sisk

President Donald Trump said Sunday that an unspecified military operation had been conducted in a "certain area" overseas to rescue a female U.S. citizen who was being "horribly treated."

Details on the operation and where it was conducted were initially being kept "somewhat private," Trump said, but he added that "we got her out and she's OK, and she's back with her parents."

At the beginning of a White House news conference on the coronavirus, the president spoke to efforts to bring U.S. citizens home from overseas during the pandemic, and cited cooperation from the governments of Peru and Honduras.

"We were able to get a young woman released from a certain area who was being horribly accosted, horribly treated," he then added.

Trump said he consulted with Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, who "took care of it. We went in and we got her out, but that was rough stuff."

He thanked Milley "and all the people involved and people who went in to get her."

In a question-and-answer session at the news conference, Trump was asked for details, but said only that "bad things were happening to her in a certain country," adding that "Gen. Milley does not play games."

There was no immediate response from the Pentagon to questions on the operation.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 03:46:12 PM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1802 on: March 29, 2020, 03:21:41 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/alcatrazeasttn/photos/a.1447985125227805/4129142117112079/

Alcatraz East
March 14 at 2:10 PM ·

Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, shared her story with students at Gatlinburg-Pittman High School yesterday. Such a great opportunity to learn from tragic events. 💙

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1803 on: March 29, 2020, 09:47:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/AlcatrazEast/status/1238495488669876224

Alcatraz East Crime Museum
@AlcatrazEast
11:01 AM · Mar 13, 2020

We were on the scene and at the museum with Beth Holloway, Natalee Holloway's mother, as she attended several speaking events in the area. Thanks for sharing your story, Beth!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1804 on: March 29, 2020, 09:55:53 PM »

https://groupstoday.com/destinations/1520-a-reminder-to-put-safety-first

A Reminder to Put Safety First

Alcatraz East Crime Museum, in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, has teamed up with the Natalee Holloway Resource Center and Beth Holloway to offer some timely travel safety tips.

Fifteen years ago, on May 30, 2005, Beth Holloway's nightmare began. Her daughter, Natalee Holloway, went missing in Aruba while on a high school senior trip. While the details of her daughter's disappearance remain a mystery, Holloway has turned her grief into a mission of helping others. Not only does she help parents of the missing, but she also helps educate the public on how to travel safely.

Alcatraz East Crime Museum and the Natalee Holloway Resource Center are providing these awareness programs as Holloway speaks to local students, just in time for their spring break and end-of-year travels.

"The country watched the news regarding the disappearance of Natalee. She could have been anyone's daughter and it struck us," noted Janine Vaccarello, chief operating officer at Alcatraz East Crime Museum. "We are honored to work with Beth to help spread the message of ways that people can stay safe while traveling."

Natalee's disappearance sparked media headlines around the world, as people waited and watched, hoping for answers, and as Holloway's quest for answers in finding her daughter was relentless.

While Holloway's grief continues, she has turned her energy toward helping others. She's been seen on the TV show Vanished with Beth Holloway and, along with the museum, is providing assistance through the Natalee Holloway Resource Center, where downloadable resources such as college safety tips, identity-theft information, and information about law enforcement careers could be found. Soon, Holloway will bring her story and message to local schools surrounding Alcatraz East.

"I'm looking forward to sharing Natalee's story with the students, with the hope that they will use what happened in my family to make informed decisions regarding their personal safety, especially in unfamiliar situations," Holloway explained. "Just maybe, it will help keep someone else's children safe. Natalee's story is a reminder to everyone to put personal safety first, and I hope other teens can learn from it."

Travelers never expect bad things are going to happen to them. Yet every year, lives are ruined due to trafficking, sexual offenses, homicide and other incidents. Keep these safety tips in mind when traveling.

Research.
Always spend some time researching where you are going. Don't just focus on tourist attractions. Check out the U.S. Department of State's recommendations, available online. The government will let you know how safe it is to travel to and within a particular country. While you are at it, look up the contact information for the U.S. Embassy closest to your destination and keep it handy—in your phone, written down or both.

Consider health precautions.
There may be vaccinations required or health warnings you should be aware of when you are leaving the country. Be sure to find out if there's anything you must know before you go.

Copy documents.
Take your important documents and make copies of them. The copies can be stored at home, where someone could easily obtain them for you, or electronically, so you can easily access them.

Obtain travel insurance.
This will help provide you with the coverage you need if anything happens. Speak with your insurance provider to see what you should have while traveling.

Check your look.
It may be difficult to do, but as much as possible try not to stand out and look like a tourist. Criminals find tourists to be easy targets.

Keep in touch.
Be sure to regularly check in with family and friends, so people know where you are and where you're headed.

Be mindful.
Always be aware of your surroundings. Keep in mind such things as hotel security, going places in the dark and walking in sketchy areas. Don't get so caught up looking at the sights that you forget to pay attention to what's going on around you.

Watch the alcohol.
While you want to have fun, drinking too much alcohol in a place you are not familiar with can put you at additional safety risks. Pace yourself, get a designated driver, exercise caution about who you are drinking with as well as knowing the legal drinking age, and keep your guard up, so you don't become more vulnerable.

Add protection.
Add tracking and a password to your phone. This will help you find the phone if it gets stolen and, if you go missing, it may be used to help locate you. Connect with a family member or friend back home who can have access to your tracking, in case it's needed.

Courtesy of Groups Today.

Photos courtesy of Natalee Holloway Resource Center.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1805 on: March 29, 2020, 10:47:50 PM »

10 years ago today:

https://nypost.com/2010/06/11/sloot-says-hell-point-the-way-to-holloways-corpse/

Sloot says he’ll point the way to Holloway’s corpse
By Dan ManganJune 11, 2010 | 4:00am

Van der Sloot has been the prime suspect in the Holloway case for years and has given multiple, conflicting accounts of what happened the night met her. But he has never been charged in the case.

Desperate for money in late March, he reached out via a New York lawyer to Natalee’s mom, Beth Twitty, and offered to tell the supposedly true version.

In the affidavit, unsealed in Alabama federal court yesterday, FBI Special Agent William Bryan lays out how van der Sloot exploited Twitty’s grief by coldly turning her tragedy into a business transaction.

Van der Sloot on March 29 e-mailed a “cooperating witness,” offering to guide him to Natalee’s body, the affidavit said.

The “cooperating witness” was Twitty’s lawyer, John Kelly, according to Bo Dietl, a private eye hired by the Holloway family.

The e-mail threatened that “unless Mrs. Twitty paid the money demanded, he [van der Sloot] would not disclose where the remains of her daughter were hidden,” the affidavit said.

In later e-mails, he said he would take the “cooperating witness” to her body for a $25,000 down payment.

He was supposed to get the rest of the quarter-million dollars after the body was recovered and proven to be Holloway’s.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1806 on: April 29, 2020, 01:08:44 PM »

We're back!!!  

THANK YOU, RED!!! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1807 on: April 29, 2020, 03:47:31 PM »

Ok, it was a long week, I was going to take a little nap after work didn't wake up till midnight.  So what to do in the wee hours?

If you have facebook, this is kinda interesting...

I haven't dug very deep on this.  I have no idea who's calling Mr. Pink out or if they have any credibility, but it's obviously under his skin and that's glorious imo.    Monkey Devil!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/SPILife/posts/

https://www.facebook.com/SPILife/videos/566210453960860/
SPI Life - South Padre Island Life is looking for sheep with The Night Mayor on South Padre Island and Catnip Crime Crusader.
Mr. Pink call city of #SouthPadreIsland.
January 13 at 11:32 AM · South Padre Island, TX

https://www.facebook.com/imbold2020

Paul Matthew

He still gives me the major creeps y'all.   

Justice for Natalee! 

https://www.facebook.com/imbold2020/posts/10158440051716942

Paul Brough
April 25 at 1:01 AM ·
How did Natalee Holloway Die??? Your best guess wins $10,000

Then he shared his post several times.  What's he up to? 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6292609705/permalink/10158170114749706/
Paul Brough‎ to DFW Filmmakers
April 25 at 11:17 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1522986577744702/permalink/3215616988481644/
Paul Brough‎ to The Villages of Woodland Springs Share Things Group
April 25 at 11:17 PM ·

https://www.facebook.com/groups/607337582610821/permalink/3206914915986395/
Paul Brough‎ to Aruba
April 25 at 11:16 PM ·
Guess what happened to Natalee Holloway and win $10,000

https://www.facebook.com/groups/607337582610821/permalink/3205960359415184/
‎Paul Brough ‎to Aruba 
April 25 at 1:59 PM ·

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1808 on: April 29, 2020, 05:07:55 PM »

We're back!!!  

THANK YOU, RED!!! 

WOOHOO!!!         
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1809 on: May 15, 2020, 03:41:32 AM »

https://www.insideedition.com/natalee-holloways-mom-still-hoping-for-answers-15-years-after-her-daughters-disappearance-59557

Natalee Holloway's Mom Still Hoping for Answers 15 Years After Her Daughter's Disappearance
CRIME
3:59 PM PDT, May 13, 2020 - Inside Edition Staff

Nearly 15 years have passed since the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, a high school student who vanished on a graduation trip in Aruba. And Natalee's mom Beth is still trying to share the important lessons learned from the tragedy.

"I would like to prevent this tragedy from happening to another family," Beth told Inside Edition.

She has since founded the Natalee Holloway Resource Center to help families deal with the pain of missing loved ones. In a project co-sponsored by the Alcatraz East Crime Museum in Tennessee, Beth also gives talks to young people about personal safety.

Before the COVID-19 pandemic swept the world, Inside Edition was there as she spoke to students at Sevier County High School Outside Knoxville.

"She let her guard down for a moment, and in that moment, she vanished," Beth said. "I do hope that the students will be able to connect with Natalee's story and somehow be able to apply these personal safety and travel safety messages."

Natalee, who was 18 at the time, vanished on a school trip to Aruba in May 2005. Joran Van Der Sloot, the main suspect in her disappearance, is currently serving 28 years for murdering another young woman in Peru. Natalee's remains have never been found.

At the end of her talk to the students, Beth took questions, and one asked if she still hopes to find her daughter.

"I think as parents, we always have hope that there is more information to come," Beth said. "I know it's been close to 15 years. That's a long time. But yes, I do still have hope that we will find out the answer as to really what happened to her."

Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIWjUg_6Zz0

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1810 on: May 24, 2020, 01:35:41 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/HelpTheMissing/photos/a.134644599887359/783589058326240

Natalee Holloway Resource Center
· May 24, 2014 · Edited ·

On this day in 2005 Natalee Holloway graduated from high school. Six days later she went missing in Aruba never to be found again. Please educate yourself and others on the safety of traveling internationally and domestically. www.crimemuseum.org/help-the-missing

Justice for Natalee!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1811 on: May 30, 2020, 04:19:05 AM »

Video at link:

https://okmagazine.com/videos/natalee-holloways-friends-speak-out-about-missing-teen-in-reelz-documentary/

NATALEE HOLLOWAY’S FRIENDS SPEAK OUT ABOUT MISSING TEEN IN REELZ DOCUMENTARY
MAY 29, 2020 9:34AM by Adam Sall

'That's When I Cried for the First Time...'

The REELZ Network is profiling the disappearance of high school senior Natalee Holloway, whose friends open up for the first time on television.

A vacation to remember. Friends, parents and teachers tell-all about the high school graduation trip to Aruba when senior Natalee Holloway disappeared.

“I was just like, she’s in trouble,” recalls Claire Fierman, another student who was on the trip. “The chaperones—they looked more frightened than me, they said, ‘We can’t find Natalie.’”

The 18-year-old Alabama honors student disappeared while celebrating with friends in the Caribbean paradise back in 2005.

Fifteen years later, her disappearance has never been fully explained although evidence points to foul play at the hands of Joran Van Der Sloot, the local man Natalee was last seen with in a hotel casino. With the gambling and drinking age on the Dutch-controlled island set at 18, the vacation spot offers a world of temptation for teens looking to cut loose, party and worse.

“This isn’t good. I think something’s really wrong,” remembers Cary Plummer, a teacher who traveled with the teens to Aruba as a chaperone. Fierman adds, “That was when I cried for the first time because I felt very scared.”

What happened on the last night Natalee was seen alive? How did Joran Van Der Sloot walk away from the alleged crime?

Get the first-hand story on Natalee Holloway: Her Friends Speak, Sunday, May 31 9ET / 8PT on REELZ.

Watch REELZ on DIRECTV 238, Dish Network 299, Verizon FiOS 692, AT&T U-verse 1799 and in HD on cable systems and streaming services nationwide. Find REELZ on your local cable or satellite provider at www.reelz.com.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1812 on: May 30, 2020, 04:40:03 AM »

Video at the link:

https://www.nu.nl/281092/video/natalee-holloway-15-jaar-vermist-hoe-de-zaak-zich-ontwikkelde.html?jwsource=cl

Google translation:

Natalee Holloway missing for 15 years: How the case developed
On May 30, 2005, eighteen-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba. She was last seen with the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot. The mystery preoccupied both the US and the Netherlands. Van der Sloot was not prosecuted in the case, but did disappear behind bars because of another murder case.

Published on May 29, 2020 5:13 PM

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1813 on: May 30, 2020, 04:47:14 AM »

The question was: snipped from the response "Speaking of which, what’s your most memorable interview/story and why?"

https://twitter.com/greta/status/1265272414172315650

Greta Van Susteren
@greta
Yeah right...20 years later...if only, right? Smile My most memorable stories are those I failed in...eg Natalee Holloway..I never got the answer for her mother and that bothers me..feel bad (let her down and viewers) about it..hence still working on the story

8:23 AM · May 26, 2020·Twitter for iPad

https://twitter.com/greta/status/1265004106730614784

Greta Van Susteren
@greta
May 30th is the 15th anniversary of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba. Joran van der Sloot remains in prison in Peru for murder of another woman.
2:37 PM · May 25, 2020·Twitter for iPad
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:49:43 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1814 on: May 30, 2020, 05:08:22 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/mvprip2000/posts/658186811055652

Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramirez
Birth: Jul. 22, 1988, Peru
Death: May 30, 2010
Lima
Lima, Peru

Crime Victim. Stephany Flores Ramirez was a business student less than a year from graduation at the University of Lima. Her father was Peruvian businessman, Ricardo Flores and her mother was Marielena Ramirez. Ricardo Flores, a former race car driver and politician, buried his daughter in the famous Jardines de la Paz cemetery. A suspect Joran van der Sloot was arrested in Chile and was returned to Peru as of June 4, 2010. Earlier, Joran van der Sloot was a suspect in the disappearance of Alabama teen, Natalee Holloway.On 30 May 2010, the fifth anniversary of Holloway's disappearance, Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramírez, 21, died at the Hotel TAC, in the Miraflores District of Lima, Peru.On 2 June, a hotel employee found her beaten body in Room 309,which had been registered in Van der Sloot's name.He had departed from the hotel without returning the room key and left the television running.A tennis racquet, identified by the coroner as a possible homicide weapon, was recovered from the room.A hotel guest and an employee came forward to say they saw Van der Sloot and the victim entering the hotel room together, and the police obtained video of the two playing cards at the same table the night before at the Atlantic City Casino in Lima.an der Sloot had entered Peru via Colombia on 14 May 2010 to attend the Latin American Poker Tour.Flores Ramírez was a business student less than a year from graduation at the University of Lima.She was the daughter of Ricardo Flores, a former president of the Peruvian Automobile Club and winner of the "Caminos del Inca" rally in 1991. A prominent businessman and entertainment organizer, he ran for vice president in 2001 and for president five years later on fringe tickets.Flores said that police found date rape drugs in his daughter's car, parked about 50 blocks from the hotel where she died.Her jewelry, money, ID and credit cards were missing, including about $1,000 her father had given her to purchase a laptop, and over $10,000 she had won earlier at the casino.
Stephany reportedly kept this money in her car, but a police search found no money in it.After Flores Ramírez's family reported her missing, police retrieved the hotel surveillance tape and obtained Van der Sloot's name and national identification number. Her brother's wife discovered Van der Sloot's background in a Google search about an hour before her body was found.Peruvian officials named Van der Sloot as the lone suspect in the homicide investigation.

Burial:
Jardines de la Paz
Lima
Lima, Peru
Plot: Flores

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1815 on: June 04, 2020, 02:57:21 PM »

Thanks TM 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1816 on: June 30, 2020, 11:31:44 PM »

Thanks TM 

You're welcome, Klaas!  Thank you too! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1817 on: June 30, 2020, 11:38:51 PM »

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2020/06/natalee-holloways-father-honduras-rescue-reports-are-fake.html

Natalee Holloway’s father: Honduras rescue reports are fake
Updated 2:50 PM; Today 1:52 PM

By Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com

An American woman rescued in a U.S. military operation in Honduras several months was not Natalee Holloway, according to her family.

Holloway, who disappeared May 30, 2005 while in Aruba with more than 100 of her classmates, was trending on Twitter Tuesday, and reports of her supposed “rescue” also were making the rounds on Facebook.

Her father, Dave Holloway, has one word for the wild rumors: “FAKE.”

Natalee Holloway was trending on Twitter following false speculation that she was rescued by U.S. military in Honduras in March. (Twitter)

It’s not clear how the speculation started.

The Twitter chatter references news released in March by U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper who announced the rescue of an unidentified woman who had been the victim of a violent crime in Honduras. “We had a young lady, a young American, who was the victim of a violent crime in Honduras, I believe. She has been returned to the United States.”

Dave Holloway told AL.com he was not aware of the newest speculation. There have been multiple, similar incidents of speculation in the 15 years since her disappearance.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1818 on: July 02, 2020, 11:14:32 AM »

Sad that the family continues to go through this
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1819 on: July 27, 2020, 01:06:59 PM »

https://www.transport-online.nl/site/117367/joran-van-der-sloot-besmet-met-coronavirus-en-krijgt-geen-medische-hulp/

Google translate

Joran van der Sloot infected with coronavirus and does not receive medical attention
27-07-2020 19:14 | Binnenland | auteur ANP

THE HAGUE - Joran van der Sloot's family has requested medical assistance from the Dutch embassy for Van der Sloot in prison in Peru. According to his family, he has corona.

Following a report from RTL Nieuws, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirms that the family's request has been received. The Dutch embassy has contacted the prison in the Peruvian city of Juliaca where Van der Sloot is detained, but the prison was unable to confirm that Van der Sloot is infected with the corona virus. The ministry says it will keep a close eye on the matter.

Van der Sloot is said to have informed his mother by telephone that he has tested positive and has all symptoms. "He is in bad shape and is not getting help from a doctor," a close relative of Van der Sloot told RTL Nieuws.

The local interest group Defensora del Pueblo reports, according to RTL News, that at least four prisoners and seven guards have tested positive in the prison in Juliaca. Whether Van der Sloot also has corona, the spokesman does not know. One prisoner died in the hospital as a result of the virus.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.