March 28, 2024, 02:26:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1620342 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1840 on: June 22, 2021, 07:25:14 PM »

"Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller hospitalized for serious health condition, his group says"

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/06/22/texas-equusearch-founder-tim-miller-hospitalized-for-serious-health-condition-his-group-says/

HOUSTON – Texas EquuSearch founder and director Tim Miller is in the hospital for a serious health condition that needed immediate attention, according to his organization’s Facebook page.

The Texas Equusearch team said they are not releasing why Tim is being hospitalized. They just want the public to know that Tim is going to be OK once he is released from the hospital...............................................................................................

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1841 on: June 24, 2021, 07:48:32 PM »

People are still trying to make money off of Natalee, i think that's sad.

Me too. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1842 on: June 24, 2021, 07:51:50 PM »

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1843 on: June 27, 2021, 04:17:27 PM »

https://diariocorreo.pe/edicion/puno/juliaca-trasladan-a-cinco-reos-peligrosos-al-penal-de-challapalca-noticia/?ref=dcr

Google Translate

Juliaca: Five dangerous inmates are transferred to the Challapalca prison

One of them is the Dutch Joran Andreas Petrus van der Sloot, who was sentenced to prison for the murder of the Peruvian Stephany Flores
Updated on 06/26/2021 12:31 p.m.

Five inmates from the Juliaca prison (La Capilla) were transferred to the Challapalca maximum security prison, located in the territory of Tacna, but managed by the Altiplano National Penitentiary Institute (INPE).

This is Joran Andreas Petrus van der Sloot (34), convicted of the crime of Qualified Homicide, Duran More Juan Carlos (34) who is serving prison for Aggravated Robbery, López Romo Jean Piere (33) for the crime of Aggravated Robbery, Puris Arzapalo Jesús Santos (28) for the crime of Sexual Rape and Batons Granada Luis Fernando (22), who is serving a sentence for the crime of Qualified Homicide.

The five were taken in the vehicle with the EGN-884 filming plate of INPE, in addition to the accompaniment of the truck with the EGK377 plate, inside which personal guards of the INPE and the National Police of Peru (PNP) were watching.

Dangerous

Each of these people has a story, but one of the best known is that of the Dutch Joran Andreas Petrus van der Sloot, who is a murderer sentenced to prison for the murder of the Peruvian Stephany Flores.

In addition, the man was charged in the United States with telephone fraud and extortion of information about the whereabouts of Natalee Holloway, who disappeared in Aruba on May 30, 2005.

The newspaper archive indicates that from the beginning he was the main suspect in the murder of Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramírez, who died on May 30, 2010 in Lima, exactly five years after Holloway's disappearance.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1844 on: June 28, 2021, 12:54:28 PM »

https://larepublica.pe/sociedad/2021/06/28/trasladan-a-siete-presos-al-penal-de-challapalca-por-portar-celulares/

Google Translate

Seven prisoners are transferred to the Challapalca prison for carrying cell phones
28 Jun 2021 | 11:18 h
Updated on June 28, 2021 | 11:18 h

And Montesinos? In that group is Joran Van Der Sloot, accused of telephone fraud and information extortion. Also murderers, rapists and robbers.

"The worst thing that can happen to an inmate is to be sent to that prison," a prison officer tells us. Convicted for the murder of the Peruvian Stephany Flores, the Dutchman Joran Van Der Sloot was transferred to the Challapalca prison along with six other dangerous criminals who were being held in the Juliaca (Puno) and Ancón I (Lima) prisons.

The foreigner was punished for possession of a cell phone with which he kept in contact with the outside world.

This establishment is located on the border of Tacna and Puno, at 5,050 meters above sea level. It is the highest in Latin America and was built in the 90s to house 240 inmates. It is completely away from populated centers or cities.

In addition, communication is almost impossible and the climate can reach minus 20 degrees Celsius.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1845 on: June 29, 2021, 09:32:02 PM »

25 degrees right now in Challapalca, and in person visits have been suspended since the fall.

https://www.fairtrials.org/news/commentary-response-covid-19-perus-prisons

Commentary: The response to COVID-19 in Peru's prisons
FT Admin - September 3, 2020 - COVID-19 Updates, Commentary, Prison conditions, Prisoner releases
After a state of health emergency was declared in Peru, the Peruvian National Penitentiary Institute took measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. All visits to inmates across the country were suspended and a plan to create isolated spaces inside prisons and buy personal protective equipment (PPE) for inmates was approved.

No fresh produce coming in this way!  Monkey Devil!

https://www.facebook.com/INPEgob/posts/3590416294517182
INPE
June 8, 2021
#Video calls in penalties 💻 | Good news on the EP of #Challapalca!
The first video calls were made in the Challapalca penalty in order to strengthen the bond with their relatives, due to visits being suspended by the health emergency.
https://www.gob.pe/institucion/inpe/noticias/499372-videollamadas-en-penal-de-challapalca-se-inicia-con-trece-internos

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1846 on: July 07, 2021, 06:46:20 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/europe-shootings-07096bc44ef7cffc32e718b4516de373?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Europe

Shooting of star Dutch reporter raises European concern

AMSTERDAM (AP) — European leaders and lawmakers expressed dismay Wednesday and rights advocates demanded justice after a veteran Dutch crime reporter was shot in the head in downtown Amsterdam following a TV appearance.

Peter R. de Vries, a journalist celebrated for his courageous reporting on the Dutch underworld, was fighting for his life in an Amsterdam hospital after the Tuesday night shooting.

Two suspects remained in custody Wednesday, while a third person detained Tuesday night was let go, according to a Dutch police statement. The motive for the attack was not disclosed.

Supporters brought flowers to the crime scene, still cordoned off by police.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1847 on: July 07, 2021, 07:41:07 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/peter-de-vries-who-got-gunned-down-was-prepping-star-witness-in-blockbuster-murder-trial?source=articles&via=rss

Journalist Who Got Gunned Down Was Prepping Star Witness in Blockbuster Murder Trial
Peter de Vries was working with the star witness in one of the Netherlands’ biggest murder trials when he was shot.
Nadette De Visser
Updated Jul. 07, 2021 7:15PM ET / Published Jul. 07, 2021 12:51PM ET

De Vries, 64, is not just the most high-profile investigative reporter in the Netherlands, he became a global figure after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, an American teenager who went missing in Aruba in 2005. He won an Emmy for his investigation into the alleged involvement of Dutchman Joran van der Sloot in her disappearance.

Beth Holloway, Natalee’s mother, told The Daily Beast she had stayed in touch with him in the intervening years. “It’s actually devastating. I’m just praying that he will pull through,” she said. “It’s hard to absorb and process that something this horrific could happen.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1848 on: July 08, 2021, 12:34:10 AM »

Just saw the news, so sad!  Praying he'll pull through! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzXnPlj-kY

Netherlands crime journalist Peter R. de Vries shot in Amsterdam | DW News
44,058 views Jul 7, 2021

Dutch crime journalist Peter R. de Vries was fighting for his life after being shot and wounded in a gun attack in the center of Amsterdam on Tuesday evening.

De Vries, 64, was taken to hospital in a seriously wounded state. He had been taking part in a live television show where he was a regular guest and was shot close to the RTL studios.

In 2019, de Vries wrote on Twitter that he had been informed by police and justice officials that he was on the hit list of a fugitive criminal. 

According to NOS, de Vries had recently acted as an adviser and confidant to a state witness testifying against an alleged drug kingpin, who was extradited to the Netherlands from Dubai in 2019.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TLzXnPlj-kY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/TLzXnPlj-kY</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1849 on: July 08, 2021, 07:30:57 AM »

I've also seen a couple short videos of him after the shooting (not posting those), but after seeing them I am more hopeful he will survive.  Praying for Peter and his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npudQBCm-SY

Crime reporter Peter R. de Vries: surveillance video shows the seconds before the attack
Jul 8, 2021

He walked unsuspecting through downtown Amsterdam - then shots can be heard: On the images of two surveillance cameras, the journalist Peter R. de Vries can be seen immediately before the attack.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/npudQBCm-SY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/npudQBCm-SY</a>

https://songteksten.net/news/120314/groeiende-bloemenzee-voor-peter-r-de-vries.html

Google translation:

Growing sea of ​​flowers for Peter R. de Vries
By ANP, Thursday, July 8, 2021 14:12, source: ANP
Flowers are still being laid at the place on the Lange Leidsedwarsstraat in Amsterdam where Peter R. de Vries was shot on Tuesday evening. A real sea of ​​flowers has arisen, which has been surrounded by crush barriers since Wednesday.

In addition to flowers, plants, letters, children's drawings and an Ajax scarf have been laid out. Many letters express the hope that De De Vries will recover.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 07:53:37 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1850 on: July 09, 2021, 01:19:52 PM »

Continued prayers for Peter's complete recovery! 

https://dekanttekening.nl/columns/onjuiste-framing-van-de-aanslag-op-peter-r-de-vries2/

Google translation:

Peter R. de Vries is the personification of justice

JASWINA ELAHIC
JULY 8, 2021, 09:05

Few are those who not only hold justice in high esteem, but also live and act upon it. One of those few people is Peter R. de Vries. That's why I always had a high regard for him. The assassination attempt on his life has touched me deeply, just as this attack has affected many people around me, young and old. When I read the posts on social media, I also notice how much he is loved by different ethnic groups. And that's not surprising, because he stood up for them too.

Peter R. de Vries agitates against every form of crime and injustice. Not only in the underworld, but also in the upper world and in the public debate. He has become a voice for minorities in the media. He contradicts the right-wing populist bluster that most journalists and presenters take over and spew on Dutch radio and television. Peter R. not only dares to express his views loud and clear, but is also able to substantiate them clearly.

His fight against crime and injustice is met with much resistance. Not only serious criminals made no secret of the fact that Peter's life is at stake, the death threats from angry pro-Zwarte Piet supporters also reached him. But since the day before yesterday, he has been widely praised for his courage, sharpness and sense of justice.

In addition to the justified praise, the framing of the attack is striking. By Prime Minister Rutte and the media, Peter R. de Vries is portrayed as a journalist, and the attack is therefore also an attack on free journalism. That is a remarkable reduction, because the man is known for his versatility. Although Peter R. de Vries has a background in journalism, he was also a police officer. He is a confidant, a detective – in one word: a crime fighter. He is a threat to several criminal figures.

It is not known from which angle the order to kill Peter R. de Vries was given, but it is suspected that it comes from the criminal circuit. Criminals are not threatened by the publicity of Peter R. de Vries, but by his detective work.

In other words: the attack is not so much an attack on journalism, but on the rule of law.

Although regularly featured in the media, Peter R. de Vries is much more than just a journalist. If getting your head on television were the only criterion, Rutte would be the most popular journalist in the Netherlands.

An attack on probably the most important value of his life: his fight against crime

Peter R. de Vries once founded a political party in 2005: the Party for Justice, Decisiveness and Progress. The Netherlands did not want it and opted for the established parties. Unfortunately. Because current developments within the established parties show that ethical behavior is hard to find. But Peter R. de Vries happily stuck to his sound of justice. For example, he strongly criticizes the inhumane refugee policy of the Netherlands and dares to propagate this contrary opinion on various platforms and channels.

Peter R. de Vries is not only a symbol for free journalism, but above all the personification of justice. The attack is an attack on probably the most important value of his life: his fight against crime.

Fortunately, a day later, the incorrect framing made its way into politics. The focus is now on organized crime instead of journalism. The shooting of crime fighters is now being formulated as a theme and the rule of law is being brought in again. "This is unacceptable," said Minister Grapperhaus. I agree with that.

My heart goes out to his loved ones. I wish Peter R. De Vries a lot of strength in his struggle for life. However this turns out, his fight for justice will continue.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1851 on: July 09, 2021, 01:38:55 PM »

From the Aruba news...

https://english.24ora.com/2021/07/08/aruban-rapper-delano-g-is-the-perpetrator-who-shot-peter-de-vries/

ARUBAN RAPPER DELANO G. IS THE PERPETRATOR WHO SHOT PETER DE VRIES
July 8, 2021

The second suspect in the attempted murder of Peter R. de Vries is a 21-year-old rapper out of Rotterdam. This man is of Aruban descent and is known by the police, according to sources from the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. Means of communication on Aruba and Curacao have made it known that his last name is Geerman.

The Amsterdam police do not wish to release any information concerning the identity of the other suspect involved in the case because they believe it might hinder the investigation. These two, who are currently both in preventative detention, will be presenting in front of a judge this coming Friday. The second suspect is a Polish man by the name of Kamil E, living in Maurik. The police arrested Kamil last week already after complaints were made against him for his threatening behavior.

The police have already deduced what the supposed roles were that each suspect played. The one who fired five (5) shots at de Vries was Delano G. and the one who was driving the getaway vehicle in which they made their escape was Kamil E.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1852 on: July 10, 2021, 02:27:52 PM »

Aruba, Geerman…..doesn’t surprise me at all. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1853 on: July 14, 2021, 07:29:22 PM »

Aruba, Geerman…..doesn’t surprise me at all. 

Me either! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1854 on: July 14, 2021, 07:57:47 PM »

Keep fighting, Peter R. de Vries! 

https://nos.nl/collectie/13868/artikel/2389184-kinderen-over-toestand-peter-r-de-vries-nog-heel-veel-onzeker

Google translation:

NOS NEWS • INLAND • TUESDAY, 19:51 • CUSTOM TUESDAY, 20:04

Children about the situation of Peter R. de Vries: 'Still a lot of uncertainty'

Royce and Kelly de Vries, the children of crime reporter Peter R. de Vries, have thanked the public for all the support they received after the attack on their father. They did this in a special broadcast of Tijd voor Max about the disappearance case of Tanja Groen and the De Gouden Tip foundation.

De Vries recently set up the foundation to raise a million euros for the decisive tip about Tanja. The student disappeared in 1993 after a party at a student association in Maastricht.

"For the past forty years, our father has been busy solving unresolved cases. Cases in which family members were tormented by uncertainty," Royce de Vries said in a video message. "We think it's fantastic that the case of Tanja Groen and the De Gouden Tip foundation is now receiving so much attention. In recent months, our father has been working day and night with the foundation."

Medical situation
"We understand that everyone wants to know how our father is doing," said Kelly de Vries. "There is still a lot of uncertainty about his medical situation, so we can't say much about that. We do know that he is in very good hands and that the doctors and nurses do a fantastic job."

"We would also like to thank you for the wonderfully kind words, beautiful cards, flowers and candles that you burn for our father. That means a lot to us in this difficult time," said the crime reporter's daughter.

De Vries's partner also contributed to the broadcast. A friend and colleague of De Vries, editor-in-chief Simon Vuyk, read a letter she had written.

"Everything my dear Peter does, he does with love and dedication. When we went away for a weekend recently, he took the action for Tanja with him. His determination makes him who he is. How nice would it be if his dream came true and Tanja Groen's parents finally get an answer to that one question and that Tanja comes home again."

'Hope Peter makes it'
For Tanja Groen's parents, the attack on the crime reporter was a huge blow. Corrie Groen: "The cold case team called us on Tuesday evening, because we hadn't heard it ourselves yet. We hope that Peter makes it anyway. He is still there. He is still alive."

"He was with us last Monday," said Corrie Groen. "We had such a nice conversation then, so sweet. It is unimaginable."

At the end of the broadcast it was announced that the target amount of one million euros for the De Gouden Tip foundation has almost been raised: 931,000 euros have now been donated.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1855 on: July 15, 2021, 10:27:19 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/media/peter-r-de-vries-crime-journalist-dies-intl/index.html

Famous Dutch crime journalist Peter R. de Vries dies in hospital after being shot in the street
By Mick Krever and Eliza Mackintosh, CNN
Updated 11:01 AM ET, Thu July 15, 2021

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1856 on: July 15, 2021, 02:17:43 PM »

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/7/15/hold-obit-fearless-dutch-crime-journalist-dies-after-being-shot?fbclid=IwAR2RqZxAoe8vO3kGzZ8QxPtLyUhEAK07rpM82j4AqsFKrT0VwNPw-jsuV6E

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1857 on: July 15, 2021, 02:54:58 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/media/peter-r-de-vries-crime-journalist-dies-intl/index.html

Famous Dutch crime journalist Peter R. de Vries dies in hospital after being shot in the street
By Mick Krever and Eliza Mackintosh, CNN
Updated 11:01 AM ET, Thu July 15, 2021

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1858 on: July 15, 2021, 05:01:04 PM »

Rest in Peace, Peter.   an angelic monkey

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/15/1016418922/dutch-reporter-netherlands-shot-crime-gangsters-dies-de-vries
A Dutch Reporter Who Covered Gangsters Dies After Being Shot In Amsterdam
July 15, 202111:10 AM ET
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

THE HAGUE, Netherlands — Peter R. de Vries, a renowned Dutch journalist who fearlessly reported on the violent underworld of the Netherlands and campaigned to breathe new life into cold cases, has died at age 64 after being shot in a brazen attack last week, his family said Thursday.

"Peter fought to the end, but was unable to win the battle," the family said in a statement sent to Dutch media.

"Peter has lived by his conviction: 'On bended knee is no way to be free,'" the family statement said. "We are unbelievably proud of him and at the same time inconsolable."

De Vries had been fighting for his life in an Amsterdam hospital since the attack. The statement said he died surrounded by loved ones and requested privacy for De Vries' family and partner "to process his death in peace." Funeral arrangements were not immediately announced.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1859 on: July 16, 2021, 11:05:25 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

https://twitter.com/hetvergetenvolk/status/1415663026141683712

Het vergeten volk/The forgotten people
@hetvergetenvolk
·
Jul 15
Today we mourn and cry together over the loss of the greatest crime reporter ever. Peter R. de Vries fought tirelessly against injustice, supported victims unconditionally. He was an example to all of us. We wil never forget him, and always remember his legacy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.