April 25, 2024, 07:33:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS #9  (Read 231211 times)
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #860 on: June 18, 2005, 07:49:53 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Leslie. They are NOT searching. Not on a massive scale, at least.

ArubaGirl..glad to see you on, thought for a while you had been driven away,  nice to see you back...and you American inaruba and you also friendofmonkeys...nice to see you all on....just need native now to sign on...now lets find the child...
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #861 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:03 PM »

This is all hearsay, so my apologies if it's not true:

van Rijn is 23, going on 24. He's very close to van der Sloot, and his father hanged himself after a life filled with drugs. I've HEARD that the son also does drugs, don't know it. Have also HEARD that he walks armed, but don't know for sure.

I've HEARD he lives at Jaraweg, but before he lived on the Savaneta main road.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #862 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:07 PM »

Im totally confused and I dont know what has happened to her, however in the end I think Joran is innocent.
This is my whole outlook on the situation.  All the rumors have killed my philosophy. Rolling Eyes
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #863 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:10 PM »

Does anyone know the last name of the girl Sasha who had the 15th Birthday party?  Very blond, very pretty.  So many pictures taken with guests on Pancalente, but couldn't tell who her parents were.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #864 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:12 PM »

A ban is silly. It only hurts the innocent people who work down there, not the murdered or kidnappers.

It is like the teach punishing the entire class when little johnny can't be quiet.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #865 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:15 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "arubagirl"
SB, this wasn't a translation from the radio or anything. This is what I hear. And yes, I speak Papiamento fluent.

What Edmond meant to say (in my opinion) is: We give everything, all our attention, time, efforts (we being non-cop/prosecution) to find Natalee, and we have to listen NH's mom being 'fresh', demanding her return now. We don't know where she is, we want to find her, but don't take that tone, otherwise you will make us stop caring.

PLease, let's all not start fighting again.  In all honesty, do you think if Arubagirl turned up missing in Florida, that Jeb Bush would give all government employees the day off to go search for her??  I understand Natalee's moms frustration, but I also believe the Aruban people have gone above and beyond.

Her frustration isn't with the people, it's with the suspects.  She hasn't said anything negative about aruba or their le, save that the media was getting info before her.  ANd don't compare aruba and florida please, florida dwarfs aruba in terms of size and it would be completely impractical for them to do that.  Aruba on the other hand depends on tourism, so I can certainly see their need to defend their reputation and resolve this as soon as possible.  Let's stop blaming the victims for things they haven't done.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #866 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:49 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie Sprenger"
Searching again?  One of the 3 amigos must have had a recovered memory.  Maybe they are looking around another lighthouse. Yeah, thats the ticket.

I like that - "recovered memory." I was thinking they would drain something next to a hotel somewhere.

As for the criticisms of NH's mom, I think it's appalling they are doing that.  As if the poor woman and her family doesn't have enough to deal with, now she isn't being polite enough or nice enough for them???    They need to consider this woman's state of mind and just grin and bear it for now.   They will have plenty of time to complain about her later.

Personally, I think they're more upset by the threat to their economy than poor Beth.
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #867 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:50 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie Sprenger"
Aruba is 69 square miles.  Nothing would be considered a massive search.

Dave Holloway mentioned in one of his interviews that although the island is not huge, it is very hard to search though - the vegetation is tough to walk through, for example.

What a testimony of dedication that the locals stopped their economies to get out and search.
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #868 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:52 PM »

arubagirl wrote:
SB, this wasn't a translation from the radio or anything. This is what I hear. And yes, I speak Papiamento fluent.

What Edmond meant to say (in my opinion) is: We give everything, all our attention, time, efforts (we being non-cop/prosecution) to find Natalee, and we have to listen NH's mom being 'fresh', demanding her return now. We don't know where she is, we want to find her, but don't take that tone, otherwise you will make us stop caring.

I can certainly understand Beth's "I want her NOW" comment.  She's getting frustrated.  She gave birth to Natalee, she carried her for 9 months in the womb, she's spent the last 18 years raising that girl.

ARUBA.. GIVE HER (Beth) A BREAK!!!   She has reached her emotional ropes end.  I certainly hope you didn't mean Aruba would "stop caring" if Beth has to blow her top now and again.

Until you are in her shoes, authorities in Aruba.. please give her some leeway.

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #869 on: June 18, 2005, 07:51:24 PM »

listen to www.canal90.fm  tey have dick miller on hes the american DJ here

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #870 on: June 18, 2005, 07:51:29 PM »

Quote from: "anbennett"
The aruban fife cops need to get rolling.  I support thr ban on Aruba becasue it is american money that support the island.  No Natalee no toursidt money.

While I think we all felt the investigation took a wrong turn in the beginning, we all know now that they justice ministry there is VERY private about any information they have, and with all the crazies out here making accusations and pointing fingers and throwing fits it is rightly so that they are so tightlipped.  We just don't like it because we aren't used to it.  BUT, I think we all believe that they know much more than what we are given on TV.  The bashing is helping nothing except alienating very good people from that country.  We have taken much longer to solve crimes in the US, so we need to lay off and give them a chance.
Marcus
Scared Monkey

« Reply #871 on: June 18, 2005, 07:51:32 PM »

ShellBell:
I think as a southern girl, our values are a lot like Arubans. From what I can see we both are VERY protective of our people and families.

Keep up the content-free posting.  It's really something.
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #872 on: June 18, 2005, 07:52:06 PM »

Quote from: "Lausa"
Does anyone know the last name of the girl Sasha who had the 15th Birthday party?  Very blond, very pretty.  So many pictures taken with guests on Pancalente, but couldn't tell who her parents were.

Lausa, do we need to know that?  She's a minor.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #873 on: June 18, 2005, 07:52:30 PM »

Quote from: "Marcus"
ShellBell:
I think as a southern girl, our values are a lot like Arubans. From what I can see we both are VERY protective of our people and families.

Keep up the content-free posting.  It's really something.[/b]

And you have added what with your 3 posts?
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #874 on: June 18, 2005, 07:52:46 PM »

Quote from: "Marcus"
ShellBell:

Keep up the content-free posting.  It's really something.

huh? Confused
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #875 on: June 18, 2005, 07:53:23 PM »

Come on guys how long did it take the whole federal security establishment to find Chandra Levy under their noses in DC, about the size of aruba, over a year?  If you can't find her you can't find her.  That is a possible outcome and a more likely one with each passing day.  Want to boycott DC too?  

v
The aruban fife cops need to get rolling.  I support thr ban on Aruba becasue it is american money that support the island.  No Natalee no toursidt money.
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #876 on: June 18, 2005, 07:53:42 PM »

Lausa wrote:
Does anyone know the last name of the girl Sasha who had the 15th Birthday party? Very blond, very pretty. So many pictures taken with guests on Pancalente, but couldn't tell who her parents were.

My first thought?  She is adopted.

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #877 on: June 18, 2005, 07:53:47 PM »

Don't feed the trolls.

Was this dj interview the "word on the street"

If so lets get it organized.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #878 on: June 18, 2005, 07:54:49 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Come on guys how long did it take the whole federal security establishment to find Chandra Levy under their noses in DC, about the size of aruba, over a year?  If you can't find her you can't find her.  That is a possible outcome and a more likely one with each passing day.  Want to boycott DC too?  

v

This seems like a troll comment that should be ignored. Why do these posts always show up when Arubagirl is here? Just to tick her off?
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #879 on: June 18, 2005, 07:55:08 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"

v

i think boycrotting washington DC is a good ideal
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.