April 27, 2024, 10:59:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 Year Old Willow Long Missing Since 9/8/13 in Watson, IL  (Read 68600 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2013, 12:48:51 PM »

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body-of-small-child-found-in-Illinois-could-be-missing-7-year-old-girl-223108311.html

Uncle arrested in death of missing 7-year-old Illinois girl
Posted on September 10, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Updated today at 11:36 AM

Neighbors said officers put up crime scene tape around Long’s house near the intersection of Circle Dr. and Watson around 10:30 p.m.

Another crime scene was set up with about a dozen officers on scene south of Watson close to the Little Wabash River. That’s where neighbors said the body was found.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/10/suspect-being-held-for-suspicion-of-murder/

Suspect being held for suspicion of murder
Posted on: 11:53 am, September 10, 2013, by Vera Culley, updated on: 11:55am, September 10, 2013

WATSON, IL (KTVI) – Officials in Effingham County are holding a man on suspicion of first degree murder.

The arrest is related to the ongoing investigation in the Willow Long case, the 7-year-old who went missing on Sunday.

Justin DeRyke, 22, is being held on suspicion of murder first degree, according to Effingham County authorities.  DeRyke has not been charged.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »

Suspect being held for suspicion of murder
Posted on: 11:53 am, September 10, 2013

WATSON, IL (KTVI) – Officials in Effingham County are holding a man on suspicion of first degree murder.

The arrest is related to the ongoing investigation in the Willow Long case, the 7-year-old who went missing on Sunday.
Justin DeRyke, 22, is being held on suspicion of murder first degree, according to Effingham County authorities.  DeRyke has not been charged.

Willow Long was reported missing on Sunday after her mother awoke from a nap.  Hundreds of volunteers searched for Willow on Sunday and Monday.  Authorities say late Monday evening, some of those searchers found a child’s body just outside the village of Watson.

<snipped>

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/10/suspect-being-held-for-suspicion-of-murder/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2013, 01:15:41 PM »

Muffy/Grace

Could you please do your thing.  I don't do Facebook so I cannot view the full profile.  Considering the "mylife" page implies that Jason lives in n Indianapolis following a move from Watson ... could it be that Jason was just visiting his parents? 

http://www.mylife.com/justindery28459gr

I saw a red flag when Jessica's glasses were located in the home.  The involvement of someone close to Willow is what I feared but I did not want to go there.  I really hoped I was wrong with my suspicions.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2013, 01:20:25 PM »

Self-Edit - Last Post

Jason s/b Justin

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2013, 02:00:36 PM »

The following article states that Justin lived with his parents along with Ciara and her children.  The initial story encompassing the disappearance of Willow did not mention the presence of Justin in the home.  Why?

Janet

+++++

Willow Long’s uncle arrested and facing first degree murder charge
Tue, Sep 10, 2013

Shelby County News has confirmed that authorities have arrested the uncle of 7-year-old Willow Long of Watson and he is in custody and will be charged with first-degree murder.

Justin DeRyke, 22, was arrested at approximately 5:55 a.m. Tuesday.

He, along with Willow and her mother, Ciara DeRyke, 25, and Willow’s half-brother, Nathanial, 3, live in a single-story residence with DeRyke’s parents in the southwest section of Watson.

<snipped>

http://shelbycountynews.net/willow-longs-uncle-arrested-and-facing-first-degree-murder-charge-p24753-1.htm

Grandfather fears granddaughter abducted
September 9, 2013

WATSON — The maternal grandfather of the Watson girl missing since Sunday morning told reporters Monday evening he does not believe 7-year-old Willow Long is still in the area.

<snipped>

De Ryke, a truck driver, said he learned of Willow's disappearance Sunday while hauling a load to the Pinnacle Foods plant in Lemoyne, Pa. He returned home about 6:30 p.m. Monday to a town buzzing with police, fire and other emergency personnel — as well as hundreds of volunteers from throughout the region.

"I have never seen a search effort as good as this one," he said. "I have nothing but good to say about what they are doing."

But De Ryke complained he hasn't been allowed to see his son Justin, Willow's uncle, and was only able to speak to daughter Ciara briefly.

<snipped>

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253341780/Grandfather-fears-granddaughter-abducted

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »

_____

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »

so so sad,justice is coming willow long

PD: Charges out of Watson, Illinois
Updated: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Published: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT

Provided Photo

WATSON, Ill. (WTHI) - News 10 has confirmed Justin D. Deryke will face first degree murder charges for the death of Willow Long, 7 of Watson, Illinois.

Deryke, maternal uncle of Long, was placed under arrest just before 6 a.m. Tuesday by Illinois State Police
http://www.wthitv.com/news/crime/pd-charges-out-of-watson-illinois

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »

Rest in Peace, Willow.   an angelic monkey 

September 10, 2013--Tweets
https://twitter.com/979Xfm

979 Xfm ‏@979Xfm  24m 
Authorities have confirmed that the body found south of Watson is that of 7-year old Willow Long. DETAILS: http://goo.gl/G5SHtY

-----------------
http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-update-body-of-small-child-found-near-search-area-for-missing-willow-long

UPDATE: Body Found South of Watson Identified as Missing Willow Long, Uncle Charged in her Death

Published on September 8 2013 12:54 pm
Last Updated on September 10 2013 1:18 pm
Written by Wayne Moran

TUESDAY 12PM UPDATE: We have confirmed that Willow Long's Uncle, Justin D. DeRyke (Dee-Rike), is in custody in the Effingham County Jail, being held on a count of First Degree Murder in 7-year old Willow's death. DeRyke's initial court appearance will be at 1pm Wednesday in Effingham County Circuit Court. Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan Kibler said a press conference will follow the hearing. We will be there, and have coverage on the radio, and online.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2013, 02:40:42 PM »

So sad...   

Rest in peace, Willow.   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »

so so sad,justice is coming willow long

PD: Charges out of Watson, Illinois
Updated: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Published: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT

Provided Photo

WATSON, Ill. (WTHI) - News 10 has confirmed Justin D. Deryke will face first degree murder charges for the death of Willow Long, 7 of Watson, Illinois.

Deryke, maternal uncle of Long, was placed under arrest just before 6 a.m. Tuesday by Illinois State Police
http://www.wthitv.com/news/crime/pd-charges-out-of-watson-illinois

Thanks cw618.

The murder of Willow is so sad on so many levels.  This family will remain forever broken.

Janet

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2013, 04:59:45 PM »

EFFINGHAM COUNTY STATES ATTORNEY RELEASE ON ARREST IN WILLOW LONG CASE

Effingham County State’s Attorney Bryan M. Kibler has released the following information this afternoon on the arrest of Justin D. DeRyke in the murder of 7-year old Willow Long of Watson.

“On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at approximately 5:55a.m., agents of Illinois State Police Zone 7 Investigations placed Justin D DeRyke, 22, of Watson, Illinois, under arrest for the murder of Willow Long, 7, of Watson. Mr. DeRyke is the maternal uncle of the deceased child.

An autopsy being conducted at this hour by Dr. John A Heidingsfelder, forensic pathologist has confirmed the identity of the body of a child found Monday evening by volunteer searchers south of Watson to be that of Willow Long. All indications are that the death is a homicide. The autopsy is ongoing and is being facilitated at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital in Effingham.

The Effingham County Sheriff’s Department and the Illinois State Police continue to investigate the matter.

The Effingham County State’s Attorney’s Office will file First Degree Murder charges against the defendant on Wednesday afternoon in Effingham County Circuit Court, pending the possibility of additional charges to be filed later.

The defendant’s initial court appearance will take place on Wednesday, September 11, 2013, at 1:00p.m., on the second floor of the Effingham County Government Center, 120 W. Jefferson Ave. in Effingham, IL.”

http://www.vandaliaradio.com/Effingham-County-States-Attorney-Release-on-Arrest/17262097

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-update-body-of-small-child-found-near-search-area-for-missing-willow-long
UPDATE: Body Found South of Watson Identified as Missing Willow Long, Uncle Charged in her Death
Published on September 8 2013 12:54 pm   
Last Updated on September 10 2013 4:07 pm   
Written by Wayne Moran

TUESDAY 12PM UPDATE: We have confirmed that Willow Long's Uncle, Justin D. DeRyke (Dee-Rike), is in custody in the Effingham County Jail, being held on a count of First Degree Murder in 7-year old Willow's death. DeRyke's initial court appearance will be at 1pm Wednesday in Effingham County Circuit Court. Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan Kibler said a press conference will follow the hearing. When asked about whether there are additional suspects in Long's death, Kibler said "no comment".

After a massive two-day search for missing 7-year old Willow Long, four volunteer searchers found the body of a small child south of Watson Monday evening at about 7:30pm Monday evening. After an autopsy Tuesday morning, it was confirmed that the body is that of Willow Long.

ISP investigators combed the scene, in an area that's located south of a small rest area on Illinois Route 37.

Photo Gallery:  Photos - Searching for Willow Long of Watson
http://www.thexradio.com/news/media-gallery/photos/category/32-searching-for-willow-long-of-watson

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2013, 07:15:47 PM »

Bet this will be a sex crime as well as murder.
How sad for this little girl.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »

Child’s Body Found by Volunteers Searching in Watson, IL for Missing 7 Year Old Willow Long … Justin D. DeRyke, Uncle of Missing 7 Year Old Charged With Murder

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/09/10/childs-body-found-by-volunteers-searching-in-watson-il-for-missing-7-year-old-willow-long-justin-d-deryke-uncle-of-missing-7-year-old-charged-with-murder/

Terribly sad.  
Rest in Peace Little One.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »

How does one ever get the vision of a dead child out of their mind? Ever? These searchers will forever have this in their mind for the rest of their lives. God bless hem.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »

Them, not hem^^^^

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2013, 08:41:29 PM »

O/t...we just had a mother here in Rockford murder her 8 yr old son. Stabbed him to death .
Horribly sad.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2013, 08:44:42 PM »

Bet this will be a sex crime as well as murder.
How sad for this little girl.

Cookie

I believe that Willow was sexually assaulted prior to being murdered.

Initially Ciara described the clothing that Willow was wearing the last time she saw her.  The next day that clothing was located in the home.  Where in the home?  Why did it take so long to be found?  Was it hidden ... stuffed somewhere?   Considering a little girl is missing it would make sense that the home was immediately searched by Ciara ... by LE.

Janet

+++++++

Willow Long's body identified, Justin DeRyke arrested for murder
3:17 PM, Sep 10, 2013

<snipped>

Willow is approximately four feet tall, and has shoulder-length red hair. It was previously reported that she was last seen wearing a long purple shirt, but it was found at her home.

<snipped>

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/396829/3/Willow-Long-missing-since-Sunday

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »

I agree Janet..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.